Anyone else surprised that Ex. Vamp Buffy still hasn't sold out?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheObsoleteMan

Super Freak
Reaction score
The sculpt and paintwork are phenomenal, some of Sideshow's best, the tombstone is a great accessory and it's Buffy. So why hasn't it sold out? :confused:

I bought the regular. I'm still amazed Der Kinderstod has lasted so long. The reasons could be obscure to me. As far as I'm concerned, the prolification of so many wants has to be prioritised. It doesn't matter how good Sideshows 1/6 figures are, I can't keep up, let alone get them all, especially the exclusives.

I have never seen the show, so forgive me--but how many episodes did she appear as a vampire? I thought she fought vampires... If her being a vampire herself was not a major part of the show, then maybe this just isn't how people want to remember her.

I frequent a lot of Whedon related websites and a lot of people who do collect figures are casual collectors and are only interested in the main characters. Even though this figure is stunning a lot of people didn't want it because it was only from one episode. But, I could have sworn I saw at least once in the newsletter that this had sold out, but maybe it's just been getting close to a couple of times? Any way, I love her and think she's one of the best Buffy figures done!

It's definitely one of the best done figures in the line, but it's not an essential figure for a collection and she only looked like this for a small part of a not very memorable episode.

But I think how fast Angel sold out his exclusive shows that Giles wouldn't have any problem selling....(hint, hint)

Darklord Dave said:
But I think how fast Angel sold out his exclusive shows that Giles wouldn't have any problem selling....(hint, hint)

It's not very often that I can say I am very much behind both Dave AND Ironman, at the same time , on the same issue, but on the Giles issue we are totally united.:duff :mexwave
Even I have wobbled on the multiple releases of the main characters so far and on the obscurities, however, I have ended up buying them, just to support the line, in the hope that we will eventually get a Giles and maybe, just possibly, even a Tara and Anya. (I am assuming (dangerous I know) that Cordy will appear in the Angel line.

I have got my Skinner ordered, so now it is only Giles who is a HUGE gap in my collection.

The way the hype has building up for Giles, I have no doubt that the exclusive would sell out in a day if it were a 500 edition size.

Obscure yes, but as Dave said definately one of the best figures in the line, and the exclusive is top notch. Its not an iconic figure its an ironic figure which is why I like mine so much. "Buffy's afraid of becoming a vampire?" Love it!

Darth Rage said:
Its not an iconic figure its an ironic figure...
Finally!

Someone other than I who gets the point!

anyk_bnnr.jpg

I like the figure, the sculpt is excellent. I also like the clothes. But I didn't get it because I already have Buffy (Graduation Day Buffy) and I just didn't want to pay out for another Buffy. I may get it one day because I'd like to add to the vampire collection I sort of have going on, but initially, that was my reason for passing on it. Already had Buffy.

I think a number of people passed on this as they already had a 12" Buffy figure in their collection. What am I up to now in my own collection, something like three or four?

But, Josette and Darth K, it's Vampire Buffy, not another human-face Buffy; As Vampire Willow is to Willow Rosenberg, a completely unique character.

The same would be true of a Primeval UberBuffy and the alternate reality Buffy from The Wish, both very different from a "generic" Buffy.

pb.jpg

FrankenFan said:
But, Josette and Darth K, it's Vampire Buffy, not another human-face Buffy; As Vampire Willow is to Willow Rosenberg, a completely unique character.

True....but I usually only go with what I feel is a "definitive" version of the character unless I love a character to death. For example, I have human Spike and never bothered to get vampire Spike. That saves me money and display room that I can put towards other characters and not an abundance of one specific character. I don't need 5 or 6 versions of Buffy.

However, I've always thought about getting vampire Willow....I didn't buy the regular version of her because I disliked the sculpt.

Josette said:
...I usually only go with what I feel is a "definitive" version of the character...
Well, I don't think there is a more definitive version of Vampire Buffy from Nightmares than Vampire Buffy from Sideshow! :)

And pick up that Vampire Willow, Josette; Barnabas will thank you!

drsll.jpg

I'd like to get ALL of the characters with their "game face" on!

We need a Vampire Xander!!! Maybe as a SDCC exclusive?

Speaking of that, when are the exclusives goin to be announced?

Protozaius said:

Yup, my Vamp Willow is "bored now." Time for a new playmate.

Protozaius said:

I definitely want a Vamp Xander! Vamp Willow needs her playmate!

Josette said:
True....but I usually only go with what I feel is a "definitive" version of the character unless I love a character to death. For example, I have human Spike and never bothered to get vampire Spike.
However, I've always thought about getting vampire Willow....I didn't buy the regular version of her because I disliked the sculpt.

Come on Josette, get on board. It's obvious to me, now, that you swing both ways. Vampire Spike IS the definitive Spike. He's a vampire, and Willow is a human. I know you said "what I feel", but it's not cutting it. hehehehe. I know what you mean and what it's like, and I am not playing fair, but I am having a lot of fun. So don't mind me, I didn't get Willow either. Every figure I buy brings me closer to crunch time.

Back