Marvel Legends Icons 12"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't buy hardly any "regular" figures but I do like the Spidey and Venom.

I'd get Cap if there was a decent Red Skull figure to pose him with.

I'm all over that Hulk like flies on horse poo. And maybe Cap too.

Cool figures!

"Pffft when I posted a thread about these last week it was wall to wall bitching."

I was surprised at the complaints when you posted them last week as well, I think they're cool! It may have been instinctive reactions from folks who were hoping for 12" Marvel from SS. :eek:

Toybiz puts out some fantasic marvel stuff. Makes you wonder how much Hasbro is going to change it all.

The Monsters Boxset is a must. That Frankenstein Monster rocks.

Speaking of Toy Biz Rotocast, there are some new ones on display at Toy fair.
Group shot:
https://69.93.119.2/photo/4/showphoto.php?photo=507&cat=40
Black Costume Spidey close up:
https://69.93.119.2/photo/4/showphoto.php?photo=504&cat=40
Black Costume full:
https://69.93.119.2/photo/4/showphoto.php?photo=505&cat=40
I think this is House of M costume Spidey:
https://69.93.119.2/photo/4/showphoto.php?photo=502&cat=40
And a blurry one of Dare Devil:
https://69.93.119.2/photo/4/showphoto.php?photo=503&cat=40

I have most of the Rotocast Figures and they are quite good for what you pay. :D

I'll get the roto Daredevil and symbiote Spidey for sure. DD is one of my first favorites from the good lod days and the symbiote suit is just a very stylish design.
So far I have comic Wolvie, movie Hulk, the four FF movie figures and comic version Spidey. There posed as Hulk vs. everybody else and on display at a local video store a friend of mine manages and I have been known to hang around.
I couldn't/wouldn't leave my Medicom or DCD stuff there but it's safe enough for the very durable and not especially valuable Toy Biz guys. They look quite cool and frequently are commented on. I need to go ahead and pick up the Venom. Also a nice figure.

I'd like to pick them all up myself. DD wasn't a character I really got into. I've never read the Frank Miller DD stuff so the character never clicked with me.
Symbiote Spidey is a must have. I had most of the Secret Wars books and liked them for what they were (I was young and didn't expect much from Jim Shooter). I also really like the Venom character.
As for House of M Spidey, I looked through the books and thought the art was nice but couldn't get suckered into another Event series. I do think that Spidey costume looks kind of cool.

I own Comic Wolverine with mask on and off, Movie Hulk with normal face, Movie Spidey, The Invisible Woman in both clear and painted, Comic Spidey, and Venom. I haven't seen the new Green Goblin yet which is on my list.
I usually have my regular Marvel Legends figures facing off against the Movie Hulk. That's how I always envisioned the character, when you see the size of this thing coming at you, you poo your pants.
Venom and Spidey face off and the others just sit up on the shelf along with the variants still in their boxes.

I think the Icons Figures will be solid like a Marvel Legends Build a Figure. Build a Figures are heavy, but no where near as heavy as the 1/4 Spidey that they made a couple of years ago.
And since these are 12" and the Build a Figures are about 14"-15" or so, I think they should be a bit lighter.
Edit: I just picked up a Roto Green Goblin. Great sculpt on this one!

Last edited:
chamildav said:
Not from everyone B.S.. I think these are a pretty good idea. I like some of the rotomolded figures that Toy Biz did and I think these have even greater potential.
One thing though. I wonder how much the Hulk weighs? This one might warp your shelves.

Well perhaps I exaggerated... :D

In any case I'm glad these turned out so well. They're the most exciting thing from Toybiz's Toy Fair presentation for me(which is saying something). I hope they get out a lot of characters in the line before the Hasbro transition(which hopefully won't affect these too much).

I was interested in the medicom marvel before this, and though the medicom figures are no doubt superior in most respects, the scale and the price in light of the coming of these 12" Icon figures is a deal breaker.

I like the Daredevil Rotocast, but I have a tough time really enjoying the rotocast because of the cut hips. I really prefer ball hips on these figures, it's more useful. Cut hips look good in that one position but terrible in the rest. Still, at $8 it's a real value.

I really hope to see a 12" Daredevil in Icons, along with Punisher, FF, and Dr Doom.

I agree with Screamingmetal about the weight, I have all the 6" scale Build-a-Figures so far and they're heavier than most 12" figures but not so much. Maybe 4 or 5lbs?

Speaking of which, if you guys are going to collect these it might be good to get the Apocalypse Build-a-Figure. He's 15" when fully assembled, which makes him in more or less proper scale with the Icons.

A little update from Action-Figure incase you can't load their website:
Icons
Ages 5+, SRP $14.99
Super articulated to heighten the sense of power and flexibility, these mammoth Marvel Heroes look as good in the collector’s box as they do in action. Just place them on their display base with hyper- action stand and fans can replicate their Super Hero’s favorite poses! Adding to the authenticity, Toy Biz has included an exclusive, character-dedicated book: Evolution of an Icon, which contains a full of history of each character, stats, must-read issues and more.

Assortment 1 (July 2006)
Captain America
Iron Man
Wolverine

More Marvel Legends Icons slated for Fall 2006.
Unfortunately it looks like we'll have to wait until fall for Hulk, Spider-Man, and Venom

What's strange is that in the background of the photos they have comic covers for the characters that are at least appearing in this line. But one is missing from the table that has a comic up on that backdrop, The Punisher.
I wonder if he was slated and then drooped from the line?

I like the Hulk. He's got some Kirby in him. Cap and Iron Man are pretty cool but would I much prefer their retro costumes. Spidey is too skinny. I'll grab the three and hope for more!

BB

I love the rotocast figures! They're not very poseable but their sculpts are boss and they look great on a shelf. Happy to see DD, would love a Cap, Iron Man and Thor.

Great to see were getting a 6" Shocker too!

BB

bluesparrow said:
Speaking of which, if you guys are going to collect these it might be good to get the Apocalypse Build-a-Figure. He's 15" when fully assembled, which makes him in more or less proper scale with the Icons.
I would if I could find the series. Here I've only just came across the legendary Riders series about a week ago (and no Scarlet Witch or Ultron). :(

Back