PDA

View Full Version : Modern Punisher vs. Daredevil Dio

Animal Mother.
02-19-2010, 08:25 AM
Any thoughts? I kind of like Motocross Frank in this one. Limited to 300 pcs. I'd place an order, but I didn't realize it was already in stock. Gotta save the money for Franks comicquette instead.

mt24
02-19-2010, 09:01 AM
The previous one was a fail, so they turn 300 left overs into this one with the smaller base and cheaper price. I personally don't think that helps. It is still a fail.

JosephCPR
02-19-2010, 09:40 AM
I think this just proves that when collectors don't buy something Sideshow really does something about it. Emma PF or Bullseye comiquette come to my mind right now...if YOU want something changed...DON'T BUY ____ers!!!

Razor Hanzo
02-19-2010, 10:27 AM
You can put lipstick on a pig...

fuzzylojiks
02-19-2010, 10:32 AM
Awkward poses combined with terribad face sculps! They were going for the dynamic pose but instead it looks like Punisher is falling over backwards. The costumes look dope but that's about it.

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/mas_assets/jpg/90061_press01-001.jpg

ChrisCJ99
02-19-2010, 11:34 AM
I was surprised to see this. I actually loved the base on the original version. But this is a nice little change up, and for a cheaper price you can't go wrong :cool:

ink
02-19-2010, 01:26 PM
it still isn't good :lol

TOE
02-19-2010, 01:41 PM
i like the Punisher's new look but still not there to my satisfaction.

Bullseye
02-19-2010, 03:59 PM
Character matchup is the failure here.

siren3-4
02-19-2010, 08:19 PM
I actually like it . . . Would love to see some in hand pics . . .

Is that the base it comes with ? Or does it come with the original base ?

quadcent
02-19-2010, 08:20 PM
:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Animal Mother.
02-19-2010, 10:02 PM
I actually like it . . . Would love to see some in hand pics . . .

Is that the base it comes with ? Or does it come with the original base ?

Looks like thats the base..

also looks like not many people are interested, even at it's low run :o

Captain Spidey
02-20-2010, 04:16 AM
Like the Punisher's look, but the base is wack compared to the first one. Won't buy this one and didn't buy the first.

jlprjlpr
02-20-2010, 04:56 AM
I ordered one and I got the notice that it has been shipped already. I think they know this isn't popular so they set it up to ship immediately before you could even take two seconds to think about cancelling. Personally, I like it and I don't see why everyone hates it. I like dynamic poses where two characters are caught in what look like somewhat awkward positions because a sudden moment in the middle of a fight has been frozen in time.

I wonder if they just took a bunch of the leftover original version and repainted them a bit so that they could sell them to sick addicted completist like me a second time? Probably, and like a sick addicted completist, I fell for it.

Animal Mother.
02-20-2010, 11:08 AM
Looks like the Punisher is heavily re-worked to me, and DD has some new details. It almost looks like this was supposed to be the exclusive maybe with the original release?

ink
02-20-2010, 01:54 PM
I ordered one and I got the notice that it has been shipped already. I think they know this isn't popular so they set it up to ship immediately before you could even take two seconds to think about cancelling. Personally, I like it and I don't see why everyone hates it. I like dynamic poses where two characters are caught in what look like somewhat awkward positions because a sudden moment in the middle of a fight has been frozen in time.

I wonder if they just took a bunch of the leftover original version and repainted them a bit so that they could sell them to sick addicted completist like me a second time? Probably, and like a sick addicted completist, I fell for it.

the DD part isn't the problem, the punisher's pose is just so awkward

ecekat
02-20-2010, 01:56 PM
the only way for this statue to sell out is to cost only 60 dollars.:lol:lol:lol

siren3-4
02-22-2010, 07:22 AM
Looks like thats the base..

also looks like not many people are interested, even at it's low run :o

Interesting . . . so the measurements have to be off then right ?

Or is this a larger sculpt ? I just figured that base was just for the pictures and it was coming with the original base . . .

buzzybean
02-23-2010, 11:04 AM
I like the first version. I had to cancel awhile back. Wish I had the money for this...

BB

POWER1010
02-23-2010, 11:16 AM
I think this just proves that when collectors don't buy something Sideshow really does something about it. Emma PF or Bullseye comiquette come to my mind right now...if YOU want something changed...DON'T BUY ____ers!!!

I would LOVE to see a re-worked Emma PF!!!

As for this Piece, i could never get past that it was DD vs Punisher...reworked or not, should have been Bullseye all along!!

siren3-4
02-23-2010, 08:32 PM
So I called Sideshow and asked about the base because the specs were the same on both pages . . The rep told me that it comes with the base pictured and that she was not sure of the actual dimensions . . . but that she would contact the design people and have the webpage changed to reflect the proper measurements . . .

These are the specs of the original statue:
http://www.sideshowtoy.com/mas_assets/jpg/9006_press01-001.jpg

Product Size:
18.5" H (469.9mm) x 13" W (330.2mm) x 10" L (254mm)*

These are the new posted specs of the Modern version:

Product Size:
16.5" H (419.1mm) x 13" W (330.2mm) x 10" L (254mm)*

Seeing as the two statues are so close in measurement and the bases are completely different sizes . . . does that mean that this is a bigger scale than the original version ? Or are the measurements still off ?

Either way, I am looking forward to in hand pics of this piece . . . .

daikkenaurora
02-24-2010, 02:28 PM
.... definite pass.

quadcent
02-24-2010, 06:09 PM
So I called Sideshow and asked about the base because the specs were the same on both pages . . The rep told me that it comes with the base pictured and that she was not sure of the actual dimensions . . . but that she would contact the design people and have the webpage changed to reflect the proper measurements . . .

These are the specs of the original statue:
http://www.sideshowtoy.com/mas_assets/jpg/9006_press01-001.jpg

Product Size:
18.5" H (469.9mm) x 13" W (330.2mm) x 10" L (254mm)*

These are the new posted specs of the Modern version:

Product Size:
16.5" H (419.1mm) x 13" W (330.2mm) x 10" L (254mm)*

Seeing as the two statues are so close in measurement and the bases are completely different sizes . . . does that mean that this is a bigger scale than the original version ? Or are the measurements still off ?

Either way, I am looking forward to in hand pics of this piece . . . .

so they got rid of the coat which not many people liked, and paint his booties black instead of white, which again no one liked.
then they chopped down the base to a little ittsy piece of wall and are now trying to resell it...:lol:lol:lol
great move ssc, sometimes you're a pure class act.:duh

buzzybean
02-24-2010, 07:01 PM
That original base is boss. I'm gonna get me one of those...

BB

jlprjlpr
02-25-2010, 06:47 PM
I just got the modern version today. I have to take it over to my loft to compare it to the original. Probably won't get there until Monday. For now, I can't say I see alot of major differences except for the base.

daikkenaurora
02-26-2010, 03:39 PM
I just got the modern version today. I have to take it over to my loft to compare it to the original. Probably won't get there until Monday. For now, I can't say I see alot of major differences except for the base.

Outfits are also different.

if you can, Please do side by side pics of them.

jlprjlpr
02-26-2010, 08:46 PM
Outfits are also different.

if you can, Please do side by side pics of them.

I placed them side by side today. I only had a brief time to look at htem and I didn't have a camera. I'm spending the weekend at the girlfriend's so it won't be until Monday until I get back and take some photos if no one else has by then. The new one's base is tiny compared to the original. The original towers over the new one. The punisher on the new one has alot more stuff on him such as pockets, stuff on his belt etc. the skull on his chest seems to be sticking out as opposed to painted on. Sort of like if they sulpted a new skull and stuck it on top of the previous chest. Of course, the new one has no cape and he has some black device on his back (I'm sure someone here knows what that thing is on his back). Daredevil is pretty much the same except for the battle damage. If I had to pick betwen the two versions, I would pick the original even though its a bit more because the base is so impressive.

risingstar
02-27-2010, 10:30 AM
Is Sideshow going to be releasing more older releases with some minor touch-ups?

ink
02-27-2010, 10:43 AM
Is Sideshow going to be releasing more older releases with some minor touch-ups?

I don't think so, someone asked that in the last marvel Q&A. sideshow said no

quadcent
02-27-2010, 10:55 AM

only ones that are crap and they can't sell. do i see a bullseye variant coming down the road.... probably about 4-5 different ones.

daikkenaurora
02-27-2010, 12:14 PM
I placed them side by side today. I only had a brief time to look at them and I didn't have a camera. I'm spending the weekend at the girlfriend's so it won't be until Monday until I get back and take some photos if no one else has by then. The new one's base is tiny compared to the original. The original towers over the new one. The punisher on the new one has alot more stuff on him such as pockets, stuff on his belt etc. the skull on his chest seems to be sticking out as opposed to painted on. Sort of like if they sculpted a new skull and stuck it on top of the previous chest. Of course, the new one has no cape and he has some black device on his back (I'm sure someone here knows what that thing is on his back). Daredevil is pretty much the same except for the battle damage. If I had to pick between the two versions, I would pick the original even though its a bit more because the base is so impressive.

Thats fine. :banana