The Worst Movie Critic Ever?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LChinoz

Super Freak
Reaction score
Armond White. Has anyone heard of this guy? Normally I don't take critics reviews seriously, but this guy's reviews are crazy! He is notorious for horrible reviews but he is one of the most commented on and frequented reviewers on Rotten Tomatoes. Check this out:

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/author/author-2725/

He gave "Rotten" or negative reviews to:

The Dark Knight
Iron Man
District 9
Up
Wall-E
Star Trek
The Hangover
Watchmen
Sherlock Holmes
There Will Be Blood
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Revolutionary Road
Inglorious Basterds
Away We Go
The Wrestler
Zodiac
Che
Milk
Eastern Promises
3:10 to Yuma
Sweeney Todd
Doubt
Gran Torino
Invictus
I Love You, Man
Public Enemies
Before the Devil Knows Your Dead
I'm Not There
Gone Baby Gone
Up in the Air
Son of Rambow
The Road
The Princess and the Frog
Hellboy II: The Golden Army
The Messenger
Precious
Shutter Island
Knocked Up
An Education
In Bruges
State of Play
The Informant!
4 Months, 3 Weeks and 2 Days
Thirst
Sunshine
Michael Clayton
Cloverfield
Vicky Christina Barcelona
Frozen River
Slumdog Millionaire
(500) Days of Summer
The Class
The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford

He gave "Fresh" or positive reviews to:

GI Joe: Rise of the Cobra
Dance Flick
Gentlemen Broncos
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
Land of the Lost
Lions for Lambs
Next Day Air
Confessions of a Shopaholic
Bedtime Stories
Transporter 3
Death Race
Swing Vote
Never Back Down
Tyler Perry's Why Did I get Married?
War
I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry
Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer

Reading some of his reviews are hilarious! And not in a good way...he says about GI Joe: Rise of the Cobra:

"G.I. Joe must be understood as an authentic measurement of our cultural values. Its appeal to the pop-commercial synapses also demonstrates livelier filmmaking than such utter banality as Iron Man and Star Trek and Harry Potter’s Half-Blooded Chintz." :lol :lol

Last edited:
He must know his audience.

147339406e.jpg

He's a hack. It looks like he just enjoys being contrarian pain-in-the-ass. He puts his finger to the wind, and goes the opposite way ... its a half-assed attempt to get noticed. When he's the only positive, or only negative, review of a movie -- he's more likely to get read by people looking for "balance" -- and more likely to get noticed by people that want to publish contrarian views.

Its contrived -- no one can seriously go thumbs down on The Dark Knight and Star Trek ... and thumbs up on Land of the Lost and Tyler Perry.

SnakeDoc

Hmmm, at first I thought he was just giong for controversy-fueled webpage hits, but after a while even the most hardcore fanboys should catch on to his shtick.

He must be a hoot at movie/dinner parties.

:lol
Is he from New York?

He is!!! Check out the dude's profile pic too:

2725_profile.jpg

His Shutter Island Review:

"Shutter Island is a perfect example of Hollywood excess: It demonstrates a once significant filmmaker decaying into a big budget, poorly-motivated hack."

That's right, he just called Martin Scorsese, possibly the greatest American filmmaker of all time, a hack...

LOL....I read part of one of his reviews and quit before finishing it. He reminds me of a ****** I used to hang out with (long story, but I stopped hanging out with him after he turned into a ******). He hated everything, and this includes many of the movies that won awards.

Here's some examples of the movies he says are crap:
The Departed
The Dark Knight
Watchmen
No Country for Old Men
Inglorious Basterds

It's obvious he's just having fun @ fans/critics expense...

It's possible, but he acts so smarmy in every one of his reviews...plus he is not all bad, he did give a mild positive review to The Hurt Locker, a Single Man, and Fantastic Mr. Fox.

He is!!! Check out the dude's profile pic too:

2725_profile.jpg

His Shutter Island Review:

"Shutter Island is a perfect example of Hollywood excess: It demonstrates a once significant filmmaker decaying into a big budget, poorly-motivated hack."

That's right, he just called Martin Scorsese, possibly the greatest American filmmaker of all time, a hack...

:eek: Mother____er! :mad: I wish this man to have sex with himself ................. again.

Roger Ebert on White: "White is, as charged, a troll; A smart and knowing one, but a troll."

After doing a bit more research on this guy, apparently he is pretty well respected among everyone except other film critics and internet moviegoers. He has written a number of books and also wrote DVD liner notes for a lot of Criterion Collection releases. What a ******.

His schtick works though, I wouldn't have even known about him were it not for the comments in this thread.

His 15 minute clock is ticking. :borg

Back