PDA

View Full Version : Wrecking Crew

HoldyourfireAl
02-17-2010, 10:52 PM
http://holdyourfireal.smugmug.com/STATUE-TOY-and-OTHER-COMPANIES/Bowen-Designs/Sneak-MB/Wrecking-Crew02/791060983_VUAHy-XL.jpg

TOE
02-17-2010, 10:58 PM
looks great. of all, i'll probbly be only interested on Wrecker.

quadcent
02-17-2010, 10:59 PM
no interest.:monkey2 and you know my opinion on busts

daikkenaurora
02-17-2010, 11:20 PM
Sculpted nicely (i guess) but the paint job is very basic. And who is the Wrecking Crew anyways?

HoldyourfireAl
02-18-2010, 12:16 AM
Sculpted nicely (i guess) but the paint job is very basic. And who is the Wrecking Crew anyways?

I get the feeling you haven't read many Marvel Comics. Am I correct?

wookielovin
02-18-2010, 12:20 AM
these are awesome.. very nice detail.

TOE
02-18-2010, 12:20 AM
they arent that bad ass anymore, but they were once a threat for the avengers.

Bullseye
02-18-2010, 02:42 AM
Great job by Keith.

Mr. Green
02-18-2010, 04:22 AM
This Crew got some interesting history. I guess we needed some loser to go against some Asgardians, FF4, etc. Reminds me of the Rhino.

karamazov80
02-18-2010, 07:37 AM
For whatever reason, the Avengers just don't have that iconic rogue's gallery that Spidey or the X-Men did. But of those who have grappled with them over the years, the Wrecking Crew seems as well known as anybody (save maybe Kang, Ultron, and villains taken from other titles like Dr. Doom). Which is kind of sad, since they are mostly Thor enemies, anyway. They are colorful, super-powerful, and mean. That was a good formula for bad guys in the 70s and 80s.

occulum
02-18-2010, 07:39 AM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2101/1690509208_525285c756.jpg?v=0

daikkenaurora
02-18-2010, 10:17 AM
I get the feeling you haven't read many Marvel Comics. Am I correct?

I'm sorry if I'm not as old as you are nor have I ever really cared about the Avengers.

HoldyourfireAl
02-18-2010, 08:19 PM
I'm sorry if I'm not as old as you are nor have I ever really cared about the Avengers.

Dude - I wasn't old in the mid to late 70s when I got into comics, but I was interested enough to buy back issues and learn what the Silver Age Marvel was all about. The Silver Age would be the years of Stan Lee, Jack Kirby, Steve Ditko, John Romita Sr. (that's the one you might be aware of's Daddy!), John Buscema, Don Heck, George Tuska, etc...

Unfortunately, by the previous snarky comments I've seen you leave in most of my threads, I doubt you have a clue as to who these gentleman are.

Sad...

daikkenaurora
02-18-2010, 09:30 PM
Dude - I wasn't old in the mid to late 70s when I got into comics, but I was interested enough to buy back issues and learn what the Silver Age Marvel was all about. The Silver Age would be the years of Stan Lee, Jack Kirby, Steve Ditko, John Romita Sr. (that's the one you might be aware of's Daddy!), John Buscema, Don Heck, George Tuska, etc...

Unfortunately, by the previous snarky comments I've seen you leave in most of my threads, I doubt you have a clue as to who these gentleman are.

Sad...

I think your lost sir. This is the sideshowcollectors.com and not statuemarvels.com.

And again I am sorry, they are before my time. I know they fought Thor but Meh. The busts are still lacking a paint job. Whats your excuse for that?

HoldyourfireAl
02-18-2010, 10:16 PM
I think your lost sir. This is the sideshowcollectors.com and not statuemarvels.com.

And again I am sorry, they are before my time. I know they fought Thor but Meh. The busts are still lacking a paint job. Whats your excuse for that?

Not my job to make excuses for anything. And it's "you're", by the way, as in "you are."

I am fully aware that this is Sideshow Collectors. It is also the Marvel Section, where ANY Marvel product can be discussed. Perhaps you don't understand that? As far as Sideshow goes, I think they have PLENTY of outstanding product and I even have a Sideshow Section...
http://www.statuemarvels.com/f227/

I'd post sneaks of SS here as well, but what's the point? The hardcore fans are already on the job and I enjoy reading those threads, as much as I would hope someone would be interested in reading a thread that I have started.

:)

TOE
02-18-2010, 10:29 PM
you actually don't have to go way back to know these guys. They still make appearances here and there.

daikkenaurora
02-18-2010, 10:59 PM
http://holdyourfireal.smugmug.com/STATUE-TOY-and-OTHER-COMPANIES/Bowen-Designs/Sneak-MB/Wrecking-Crew02/791060983_VUAHy-XL.jpg

Not worth buying. period.

risingstar
02-19-2010, 05:28 AM
I think these pieces came out nicely. I particularly like the Wrecker. I hope that one is offered on its own. Sadly, Al's participation in Bowen threads likely serve more to turn people off Bowen product than actually push for it. It's like getting Newman from Seinfeld to sell underwear briefs. It's just a turn off in the biggest way.

P.S. No offense to Newman fans.

Shropt
02-19-2010, 05:34 AM
I thought this thread was about this:

http://www.ripten.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/wrecking_crew.jpg

:(

daikkenaurora
02-19-2010, 10:33 AM
I thought this thread was about this:

http://www.ripten.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/wrecking_crew.jpg

:(

That has a better paint job.

buzzybean
02-23-2010, 11:07 AM
Those are totally boss!! I'm glad Bowen produced these! Sweet!

BB

buzzybean
02-23-2010, 11:09 AM

Sad...

LOL Good one, Al.

Daik got OWNED!!

BB

ink
02-23-2010, 01:21 PM
Those are totally boss!! I'm glad Bowen produced these! Sweet!

BB

BD is the only one willing to waste the time :rolleyes:

daikkenaurora
02-23-2010, 03:50 PM
BD is the only one willing to waste the time :rolleyes:

lol True. Everyone else is working on characters that people actually care about.

sloaner
02-23-2010, 05:32 PM
I've never seen these guys before, I think the paint job is a bit simple (not that bad) but the colors are bold and the sculpt is ok. Still have only seen a few BD that I would buy.

Mookeylama
02-23-2010, 10:36 PM
i liked the Crew back in the '70s. they got around. seemed like they'd be, as a team or solo, in Thor, Avengers, FF. Hulk too i think. wasn't Absorbing Man with them for a bit?

buzzybean
02-24-2010, 06:57 PM
lol True. Everyone else is working on characters that people actually care about.

Just 'cause you've never heard of them doesn't mean people don't want them. With all the time you spend in these Marvel threads you'd think you would've heard of these guys. This just goes to show how stoopid you are. LOL

There's more Marvel characters than just Venom, Carnage and Gambit. LOL

BB

FQRizzo
02-24-2010, 09:29 PM
Just 'cause you've never heard of them doesn't mean people don't want them. With all the time you spend in these Marvel threads you'd think you would've heard of these guys. This just goes to show how stoopid you are. LOL

BB

Yeah I'm sure there's that one person out there with their Wrecking Crew avatar that is just pooping themselves with joy right now. :lol

daikkenaurora
02-24-2010, 09:56 PM

BB

Yeah, like Arcade. LOL

And thanks for the personal attack. I appreciate it. :rotfl

emceerice
02-24-2010, 09:58 PM
Why does the guy have to be stupid simply because he doesn't know or care about these characters....

buzzybean
03-23-2010, 11:15 AM
Why does the guy have to be stupid simply because he doesn't know or care about these characters....

Why does a guy have to criticize character choices because he doesn't know who they are?

That's what I thought...LOL

BB

FQRizzo
03-23-2010, 11:32 AM
Why does a guy have to criticize character choices because he doesn't know who they are?

That's what I thought...LOL

BB

Why does a guy have to bring this up again...a month after the last post? :lol

buzzybean
03-23-2010, 11:44 AM
Why does a guy have to bring this up again...a month after the last post? :lol

Because I just read it. :lol

BB

Flipsk8emerica
03-23-2010, 12:05 PM
Yeah I'm sure there's that one person out there with their Wrecking Crew avatar that is just pooping themselves with joy right now. :lol

Minus the wrecking crew avatar...i did in fact just poop myself. They're sick! Thunderball looks tight!

buzzybean
03-23-2010, 12:16 PM
Minus the wrecking crew avatar...i did in fact just poop myself. They're sick! Thunderball looks tight!

They look great! There were a bunch of fans asking for these. Bowen delivers!

BB

Bullseye
03-23-2010, 12:26 PM
These are great sculpts.