Power Lanterns & Rings Spectrum

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roms

Freakalicious
Reaction score
With the introduction of the New Limited edition GREEN LANTERN Lantern last year...

And the upcoming Limited Edition SINESTRO YELLOW LANTERN Lantern...

We can be 100% SURE already that the rest of the POWER LANTERNS & RINGS SPECTRUM will follow:

PowerLanternsRingsSpectrum.jpg

This is surely a GREAT TIME for LIFESIZE PROP REPLICAS COLLECTORS who are AVID FOLLOWERS of the BLACKEST NIGHT COMICS STORYLINE...

So says, GREEN LANTERN of EARTH... SECTOR 1719 (PHILIPPINES TERRITORY):

GreenLantern-00.jpg

Last edited:
I can see the yellow selling out. Reds and black maybe. But sapphire, orange, indigoI can see the yellow selling out. Reds and black maybe. But sapphire, orange, and indigo I can't see selling at all. Me personally, I would pick up green, blue, red, and black, ad yellow.

So do green lanterns pop up here for sale often??

Last edited:
I think THEY WILL ALL SELL OUT.

DC DIRECT will likely follow their STRATEGY on the 1st 3 GREEN LANTERN POWER BATTERIES that were released a few years back... wherein the "NOT SO POPULAR LANTERNS" will have a LOWER EDITION SIZE:

* Green Lantern Hal Jordan Power Battery (2,200 pcs. worlwide)

* Green Lantern Alan Scott Power Battery (1,000 pcs. worldwide)

* Green Lantern Abin Sur Power Battery (750 pcs. worldwide)

And like what happened to the ABIN SUR POWER BATTERY... which is the "not so popular among the 3" in the beginning... it was the "MOST SOUGHT AFTER & THE HARDEST TO ACQUIRE" as years go by. The same thing can happen to the rest of the "hopefully upcoming" NOT SO POPULAR COLORED LANTERNS & RINGS SPECTRUM".

If they were different designs and not just repaints I could see them all going. But I'd much rather have 1/6 or 1/4 scale versions of all of them (again, only if they were different designs).

If they were different designs and not just repaints I could see them all going. But I'd much rather have 1/6 or 1/4 scale versions of all of them (again, only if they were different designs).

With the new limited edition GREEN LANTERN Lantern released last year, and seeing the upcoming SINESTRO YELLOW LANTERN Lantern...

I think the other LANTERNS & RINGS will basically look the same also but with DIFFERENT COLORS & with DIFFERENT CREST LOGO DESIGNS:

14440_a_full.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is unbelievably inaccurate.

1. Someone horribly photoshopped these pics.

2. They aren't even accurate to the comics. Allow me to drop some 2814 knowledge on you.

Green Lantern Power Battery:
10053_a_full.jpg

Sinestro Corps Power Battery:
14855_a_full.jpg

The differences are slight but they are there most notably at the handle and the inlay.

The Blue Lantern Power Battery is shorter with a smaller knob on top and a larger scope:
Blue_Lantern_Power_Battery_01.JPG

Sometimes it is shown without a scope at all.

The Red Lantern Power Battery has no top knob and has a unique handle to mimic the symbol of the Red Lanterns
Red_Lantern_Power_Battery.jpg

The Indigo Lantern Power Battery is their staff.
Indigo_Tribe.JPG

Violent Lantern Power Battery resembles Abin Sur's power battery is stature and is very petite, they all resemble their central power battery.
Star_Sapphire_central_power_battery.jpg

Other times its drawn in an hourglass shape.

The Orange Lantern Power Battery has a long top knob, with very erratic stylings.
Orange_Lantern_Power_Battery_01.jpg

There is no Black Power Battery. None of the BLs are ever holding one. The closest we've seen is Nekron's scythe.
Blackest_Night_5.jpg

Thread Rated: Fail

Here is the alternative recent drawings but they are all different. The only ones that are nearly similar is the Blue and Green since Ganthet created them in the GL's image, even that is suspect because recently they've been all drawn differently.
lanterns.jpg

Now as for the claim that we can be 100% sure they'll all come, that is a longshot. Kyle Rayner's battery was done in mini scale even though he was a GL for a decade because they thought it wouldn't sell as well as Hal's. We might see them in mini-scale but in full scale its a long shot they'll get to 6 actual Lanterns let alone Indigo's staff and Nekron's scythe.

I think the other LANTERNS & RINGS will basically look the same also but with DIFFERENT COLORS & with DIFFERENT CREST LOGO DESIGNS:

The rings only look the same from the "New Guardians", each individual Lantern ring looks different dependent on the wearer, look at Guy's red ring for example.

I think it is common knowledge, especially those who are COMIC READERS and following the current GREEN LANTERN STORYLINE, that all the 8 POWER BATTERIES look different...

But so are the RINGS... and still DC released them just looking the same:

* JLA TROPHY ROOM: GREEN LANTERN RINGS PROP REPLICA
* PLASTIC RINGS SET that came with the SDCC'09 GL ACTION FIGURES
* PLASTIC RINGS SET giveaway to RETAILERS
* & the UPCOMING BLACKEST NIGHT POWER RING SPECTRUM PVC Ring Set

So there might be a BIG POSSIBILITY that DC will just go with the TRADITIONAL LOOK also for all the LANTERN POWER BATTERIES... maybe just changing the HANDLE & CREST LOGO... since this is the PROP REPLICAS of the CENTRAL POWER BATTERY of EACH COLOR SPECTRUM and NOT of an INDIVIDUAL LANTERN like what DC released before: the Hal Jordan Lantern, Alan Scott Lantern, & Abin Sur Lantern... which is why their LANTERNS & RINGS have totally different LOOKS & SHAPES.

But if they would change the TOTAL SHAPE & TOTAL LOOK on ALL 8 POWER BATTERIES and NOT JUST THE COLOR... then SO MUCH THE BETTER... as long as they RELEASED THEM ALL. If they choose this PATH, it is still fairly easy to make the INDIGO POWER BATTERY STAFF... maybe they can just release the UPPER PORTION without the long stick anymore.

Last edited:
I think this thread is great!

It's not important if the Lanterns posted are comics' accurate or not.

I for one did not foresee the possibility of DC releasing all the Blackest Night Power Lanterns if not for this thread.

It may not come true but I hope someone from DC would see this thread and just make it happen.

Roms, nice picture by the way. You reminded me of Green Lantern Sheldon in one of the Big bang Theory Episodes. You should watch that. :)

Last edited:
The ring set is a way to make money because their promos were so successful not an indication of what is to come. The ONLY LANTERNS that ever resemble Hal's is yellow and blue. They will not simply repaint them and throw them up for $350 or else they would have done so with Sinestro ages ago to really capitalize on the Sinestro Corps War which is still DC's best selling GL arc even after Blackest Night. Sinestro's IS accurate with the handle change the others would not be. This isn't the same as the laziness of the 6" Lantern pack in where they are just repainted to save money, I guarantee you that the first repainted non accurate lantern will kill the line, fans on actual dedicated Green Lantern sites are already _____ing about Sinestros since it's the easiest to do from a Hal template

Thanks for fixing this thread Mike. Other than the color and crest designs I don't really notice the differences myself. On that note I would still probably only buy the Green and Yellow lantern. Besides the current Blackest Night arc, I never gave a crap about the other lantern corps. (I know, I fail)

Actually a large majority of fans hate the multiple lanterns. Yellow always had been but as they started adding more and more simply to fill the ROYGBIV angle people began to really get upset. Each one has its fans due to fantastic writing and character development as well as a bit of mystique but there is a large group of vocal fans who have been clammering for Johns to destroy the other corps.

What has happened is that Blackest Night was so hyped and definitely profitted from the amazing success of Marvel Zombies that a lot of new fans have entered into the GL world thinking they always just existed and so have become fans of them. They aren't going anywhere but they aren't as beloved as many would like to think. Johns through Blackest Night has begun to start indicating that not all of the Corps may make it in the long haul.

I guess I was right...

DC will be releasing the DIFFERENT POWER LANTERNS & RINGS SPECTRUM... Full Size & Mini (I Think)...

Except for their colors (& the Red Lantern), they all look basically the same:

PowerlanternsRingsSpectrum-1.jpg

15.jpg

18.jpg

20.jpg

I wish they would also SELL this GIANT GREEN LANTERN BATTERY OF OA:

103.jpg

:)

Back