Two New R. Lee Ermey figures announced!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got the regular Ermey for free this summer with another SS-order, which was way cool since I had just ordered it from a local dealer. I've always loved it, but honestly I can't see why they need to make 2 more of them.
I'm getting the Dress Blue for sure, if only for the outfit, and I'm curious to see the outfit for the motivational. But why can't they invest in more interesting lines? Is this really all the military news we're getting for toyfair whilst the Live by the Sword, Bayonets and Barbed wire, Fife and drum etc etc lines remain dormant and begging to be revived? And what about the Premium Format military line? Napoleon is soooo damn lonely...
I'm thrilled to see what sideshow is doing to the 12" format with SW and LotR, please let them use the proffits for the good. There's more than enough movie licenses around for ye olden military stuff to get hooked up with. Honestly sideshow can do better than Ignite. And if anyone is up to giving us some '30s gangster figs, be it historical, godfather or untouchables, it's SS. Get us more pirates! More revolutionaries (The Patriot?)! Anything but a 3rd and 4th Lee Ermey...

Last edited:
I agree with Doomhammer, why do SS need to reissue figures ?. The new Ermey uniform could have been issued as a 'carded piece'. I have to say I have no idea who Lee Ermey is ?. His fame dosen't stretch to this side of the Atlantic.

A NEW figure from any of the military series would be a boost. 'Bayonets and Barbed Wire' 'Johnny Turk' would be great......

Old Bill

R. Lee Ermey was in Full Metal Jacket, Willard, TX Chainsaw MAssacre (re-make), and other TV and Film. Truly, he is the only man alive who is cool enough to warrant his own toy line. Looks like we're getting improved headsculpts for these new figs, which is great. I passed on the first one because I didn't care for the portrait.

On a related note, I ran in to Ermey once at the Carlyle Hotel. He was in his dress blues (don't know why), and had that same look on his face. I nearly browned when he locked eyes with me. I had just seen TCM, and he scared the hell out of me in that movie.

They both look nice.
Yet the Dress Blues Ermey has a scared look on his face.
The Dress Blues will make a lot of kitbashers happy.
They need to make a "Mail Call Ermey" with a clipboard, a crossbow, a Garand, some watermellons, and some of his "art."

Old Bill said:
A NEW figure from any of the military series would be a boost. 'Bayonets and Barbed Wire' 'Johnny Turk' would be great......

Amen Old Bill!
I have been waiting for Sideshow's Ottoman Turk for five years now.
I am disappointed that Sideshow's military line will be MIA this year.

Ermy figure was one of their best selling 1/6 figures for awhile. I cant wait to see what all he says on these new ones, I would like to meet the ole Gunny he seems pretty cool.

I'm happy to see the new figures, but I have to say, Murphy's law has bit my rear with it. I wanted an extra salty and couldn't find one and on ebay they were expensive with feedback that made me a bit nervous, wound up shelling out 50 bucks for one from Ermey's site. Granted, its signed...but when I open it that prolly won't make much difference. Ah well, worth the money, but woulda been nice to save some.

More pics at Rebelscum

I'm getting the Dress Blue for the uniform, but the other one is not interesting at all. What's this suposed to be, a Lee Ermey clothing line or something? We getting him in his PJ's after this?
And I dare not say the headsculpts really are an improvement.
So much for the military stuff for the next 6 months. Very disappointed.

Ermey is their single best selling figure ever - blowing away all other 12" that have been released. so I'm not surprised they're reissuing. And it least it's a new head sculpt.

Quite right Dave, and fair enough to honour it with the Dress Blue figure, I'll grant you that, but no need for two, and certainly not that red sweater abomination. I'm sorry but I feel let down :mona

At first I thought; Red Sweater abomination? Then I found the photos. :horror
It looks like I'll have to track down the Extra Salty version somewhere since I don't own a single Ermey figure. And I really like Mail Call. :eek:

I think the best thing about this figure is the voice chip, that's it! My brother is a retired USMC and he digs the original figure but to have four in this line? WOW! I want one that says it all.

I like the dress blues figure and probably will get one. It will be my first Ermey. Thought about getting the digital MARPAT version but I'm glad now that I didn't. The blues are unique on a modern figure and will look nice next to some of my commoed grunts.

I like the Marpat one and I hope to buy him one day. in the description it says the Dress Blues version will have patriotic sayings and not the typical Ermey dialogue. I'd like to get the dress blues but I would also like to have one with classic Ermey dialogue and I don't like the PT version.

Does anyone know what the edition size for the first two Ermeys were? I look on SS but the ES were not posted.:confused:

I have to agree with GIGENE. I would like to see a "Mail Call" version of R.Lee Ermey. I like the idea too of throwing in a clipboard, a pot/helmet to put his popcorn in, a crossbow, a Garand, some watermellons, and some of his "art."

Sideshow, you good folks need to get on this now!

Don't make me make this figure!!!!

They should have made the Mail Call version (so he really could have a "mini Lee") and a Texas Chainsaw Massacre version as the sherriff. I would have gotten both of those, but will be passing on these. The head on the red sweater is a good facial expression for a drill sgt. though.

Back