DC Direct Museum Quality Joker Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Natrix

Super Freak
Reaction score
Coming November 2010.

Not sure I like the face (looks like Norm MacDonald) but the base is cool!

TOY_7749_resize.JPG

TOY_7746_resize.JPG

TOY_7751_resize.JPG

The eyebrows are a bit much, but overall it looks great. I love the base. A laughing fish would have been a nice touch.

The TnT stick bundles and detonator look awesome. The Joker not so much. Personally to me the Hot Toys line is more museum quality than anything in this line except for the Batman one I did think it was/is cool.

Give me the TNT stick bundles and detonator to display with my DX Joker instead and we have a deal... That Joker... NOOO...

Yeh I don't see what all the negativity is about. Frankly I'm sick of seeing Heath. I want the old school comic joker back. Frankly I think this is a great depiction. Very classic joker. It reminds me of the Alex Ross joker mixed with a bit of 70's style.

What don't you guys like? The sculpt, the outfit, or both?

I don't know. I can understand that this is a comic version and I'll agree Heath is not the only Joker (I was just stating overall appearance and quality.) The outfit is good. The tie could be more prominent if we're being really picky. My problem is it's too much of a caricature. The eyes and eyebrows mainly.

For me the eyebrows are way over exaggerated. I don't like the way it follows the brow line then shoots up the forehead. I would like to see a Joker card in the open hand between the fingers. Outfit looks great to me.

Joker is not really my thing but personally the face sculpt looks great (very detailed and very reslistic) The clothes look good too. The negatives to me are that there is too much cloth and not enough sculpt making it look too much like a doll. Looks a little too skinny too. If the Joker was a charcter that interested me I definitely would pick this up.

The base is one of the best Ive seen Sideshow or DC Direct. I would buy that base in a heartbeat if sold separately.

Yeh I don't see what all the negativity is about. Frankly I'm sick of seeing Heath. I want the old school comic joker back. Frankly I think this is a great depiction. Very classic joker. It reminds me of the Alex Ross joker mixed with a bit of 70's style.

:lecture:lecture:lecture

I'm sick of seeing Heath and sick of reading posts where Hot Toys is brought up. We all know HT did an amazing job with the Heath Joker but enough with the comparisons! Apples and oranges people.

Eyebrows are a bit strange, but he looks good. not on par with Sideshows PF, but still nice.

DX Joker is awesome, but I agree. Sick to death of Ledger Joker and the elevinty billion "o my gosh, best joker evAr!!!!!" customs. . .

:lecture:lecture:lecture

I'm sick of seeing Heath and sick of reading posts where Hot Toys is brought up. We all know HT did an amazing job with the Heath Joker but enough with the comparisons! Apples and oranges people.

yeah, i agree. in as much as how good he was in the movie, i'm sick of him too. i like this piece, not the next character i expected to be made into a museum quality statue (i was expecting flash, or any other hero), but it looks good nonetheless. if funding would permit me to buy this once it comes out by november, then i'd buy it.

Mikki, try Ebay when this comes out. I scored a GL MQS for 205$ shipped within two weeks of it's release. Hopefully for me history repeats itself.

hi IC, thanks for the advice. yup, i've been considering ebay for quite some time now for some of my purchases, but though most pieces seem to be selling at cheap prices over there, shipping is the real killer for me. having the stuff shipped here to the philippines is really expensve, almost the same price as the item itself. and without 100% assurance of the condition of the item, also makes me a bit hesitant. i had someone purchase a cave troll LSB for me once, got it for a really cheap price of $300. shipping within the US was $25. a friend of his checked the item, good thing it was in perfect condition, then had the piece delivered here. i paid about $500 for the bust plus shipping, additional fee (he used his own credit card for the purchase, that's his business) not yet included.

Looks pretty cool. I like the outfit, but I don't like how it's half material half sculpted. I'm not familiar with pieces like this though, so that might be normal/the standard. Still.. I'm not really a fan of that. What's actually material on there though looks great imo.

Head sculpt looks really good too (especially the mouth/teeth) but there's just a couple things that make it look kinda weird. I think it would look better if the skin was whiter. I also agree about the overdone eyebrows.

I tweaked the pic and implemented these changes and this is what I came up with:

joker11111.jpg

I think it looks better. But with a comic version of The Joker there's so many interpretations that it's hard to nail down anything definitive and please everyone.

Good looking piece IMO.
Base is just great.
Headsculpt reminds me of Willem Dafoe:

Willem%20Dafoe-2.JPG

Looks pretty cool. I like the outfit, but I don't like how it's half material half sculpted. I'm not familiar with pieces like this though, so that might be normal/the standard. Still.. I'm not really a fan of that. What's actually material on there though looks great imo.

Not sure what you mean? It's just like a PF, the body and head are sculpted and the outfit is cloth.

Personally I like a lot - it's a definitive comic book Joker. Now hopefully we'll get a Luther in purple and green pretty soon.

Back