Question About DC Direct 1/6 Scale Deluxe Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KneelBeforrSmallville

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey there, sorry if this is wrong place. But does anyone know whats to come from dc direct and there 13" Line?. I know some new ones are wonder women and Alan Scott golden age. But is anything else on the drawing board?. Thanks to all.

wonder woman is out.
They announced the Kingdom Come Superman
Alan Scott Green lantern
Catwoman classic and Poison Ivy are coming out soon

There should be a DC Direct 1/6 thread. Personally I do not think the figures are great enough to have their own threads

We heard in an interview with Georg Brewer from SDCC 09 that the line is dying down. They don't know that there are any more characters that are worth doing. So I wouldn't expect a lot more figures in the line.

I hope this line dies. The DC Universe deserves better figures than these. I have an appointment with DC Direct on Sunday, I think, so we'll know more soon...

Let us know how it goes D.M.

I'll say this, these to me are like the SSC GIJ figs. Individual figs don't look that great by themselves, but put em all together and they are an awesome site.

I really don't see DCD starting all over again with a different body.

But Dave, maybe you could suggest they let Hot Toys do comic-based figures. No work on their part - just rake in the cash!

Well i dont want the line to do i like 1/6 scale dc figures. Hot toys stuff is awesome but there DC stuff is very limited. DC Direct has to do a Hawkman, Dr Fate..Mabey even A tom welling supes. Figures arent perfect but if it dies will that be the end of DC 13" Figures for good!?

I really don't see DCD starting all over again with a different body.

But Dave, maybe you could suggest they let Hot Toys do comic-based figures. No work on their part - just rake in the cash!

If Hot Toys were to start doing comic versions of the DCU, ebay will be flooded with people dumping their 13" figures. :joy

Personally, I'd like to see em do Dr. Fate and maybe Firestorm...then they can let it die :stake :rip

I'd like to see DCD do a Dr.Fate, Hawkman, Superboy, and a Kilowog. Out of all those I would only want to see Kilowog and Hawkman on a 13" figure. The rest would be good with a true 1/6 scale.

I'll say this, these to me are like the SSC GIJ figs. Individual figs don't look that great by themselves, but put em all together and they are an awesome site.

I would have to agree with EVILFACE when he says that the Joes look fine as they are. I wouldn't say awesome but standing alone they are fine. Any improvement would make them truly awesome. I mean look at all the mods people have made to the SnakeEyes and StormShadow and how awesome they look now.

The DC line has a lot of potential in the 1/6 scale world. I think DCD just fudged it up trying to set themselves apart from all other companies. They basically isolated themselves from all the others thinking they were making the top of the line products. If they had made real 12" figures I would buy them all and make my own modifications. I tried moding my Nightwing and couldn't because the clothes were too big. So yes I do hope DCD closes their 13" line and comes out with a brand new 12" line. Then I would buy. I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks that.

I would have to agree with EVILFACE when he says that the Joes look fine as they are. I wouldn't say awesome but standing alone they are fine. Any improvement would make them truly awesome. I mean look at all the mods people have made to the SnakeEyes and StormShadow and how awesome they look now.

I'll repeat...they don't look GREAT, IMHO on their own as produced. They look good, not great.

I think the same thing goes for DCD figs. Individually, they look good. But as a group, they look great together.

I'm not bashing the GIJ line. I just think, like you mentioned, some of them require some modding to get them to "great" status. So far for that line, I've only been wowed by Duke. But I have also been wowed at how they all look displayed together sans mods.

Back on topic:

The DCD figs have certainly gone into the stratosphere as for as cost for what you get. If that is where they are to make a profit on these, they just need to throw in the towel. Cause they are light years away from truely competing in the 1/6th scale arena.

Yea the prices for these have gotten ridiculous.I would never pay more than $70 for these figures. I'm trying to sell them for $60 each and still no one is biting. Ughh...

Back