Found one! Bespin Han exclusive on auction

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Polystoner

Super Freak
Reaction score
*sigh*

BIN only $150!

(50% down in 3 days)

Seller: kd_toys

I don't mind the quick flip. It's this that makes me mad:

3 available

(SCUM! Scruffy looking nerf herder!)
I guess at least he waited 6 hours before posting...

Are there Sideshow police? Sic 'em! :banghead

Dammit. Leave the scalpers alone. If some poor schmuck wants to pay that much money for a friggin magnet, then I say let the fool and his money be parted. The rest of us who know what we're doing don't have to bid, that's all. It's not our job to go around policing ebay. Unless it's a bogus auction. Let the scammers fry, I say.

nash said:
report his auction to ebay.

Just did. I also reported their Kit Fisto Pre-Sale Auction violation.

3 available... Makes me mad!

Customikey said:
Dammit. Leave the scalpers alone... It's not our job to go around policing ebay.

But if we can make this harder or less profitable for them, they might give up and quit crowding the servers on order day! If a real collector misses out because of somebody this blatant, then I'm happy to report them.

Customikey said:
Dammit. Leave the scalpers alone. If some poor schmuck wants to pay that much money for a friggin magnet, then I say let the fool and his money be parted. The rest of us who know what we're doing don't have to bid, that's all. It's not our job to go around policing ebay.

Well put.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems to me that there's something hypocritical about valuing exclusives for their rarity and their fiscal "value" and then bashing scalpers.

Well, Sideshow limits you to one item per person/account/credit card/billing address/shipping address/e-mail address, and selling preorders violates eBay policy, so these people are breaking multiple rules. You can at least fault them for that, if nothing else.

Somebody who wants to sell their one figure after they have paid for it or received it is more than welcome to do so. Scalping multiple preorders months in advance of the shipping/payment date, and in violation of eBay and Sideshow policy, is inappropriate and wrong. I feel justified in my opposition to people like this.

Buttmunch said:
tomandshell, where is your million dollar auction? :D

Oh, dear. Not again! LOL

tomandshell said:
But if we can make this harder or less profitable for them, they might give up and quit crowding the servers on order day! If a real collector misses out because of somebody this blatant, then I'm happy to report them.

It is supremely naive to think that a few gnats will drive away the cobra. A scalper who stands to make a substantial instant profit off of his pre-order effort is not going to up and quit just because a few of his auctions get dumped. He'll just wait till he's within the time limit, then set up is auction again.
As to selling mutiple figures, when SSC limits us to one per person, I think it's more than probable that each figure belongs to a different buyer, who have each come together for this one auction.

Customikey said:
It is supremely naive to think that a few gnats will drive away the cobra. A scalper who stands to make a substantial instant profit off of his pre-order effort is not going to up and quit just because a few of his auctions get dumped. He'll just wait till he's within the time limit, then set up is auction again.

When he is within the time limit and obeying the eBay rules, then I won't complain.

Sad someone could order 3. I had my Exclusive order canceled, because I didnt have an online account. Reason I don't have one is because I always order by phone. :( Oh well I get to save $5.00.

Customikey said:
Aye aye, captain! :peace

sea_captain.jpg

I'll shut up now. Nothing gets me irritated faster than these auctions going up hours after an exclusive sells out. Sorry.

I'll calm down now...

Sad someone could order 3. I had my Exclusive order canceled, because I didnt have an online account. Reason I don't have one is because I always order by phone. Oh well I get to save $5.00.

Just make sure you open one now so you can order future exclusives over the phone. You don't have to use it, but you need if for the priority pre-ordering. It also is nice to be able to check your account and see what you have on order.

Sorry to hear about that though.

Do you have to put a CC # in when you create an online account? Because thats something I don't want to do.

Aerosmith said:
Do you have to put a CC # in when you create an online account? Because thats something I don't want to do.

I know that you can pay for your Sideshow orders by check or money order, so possibly not. Contact Sideshow and they will help you out with this.

tomandshell said:
I know that you can pay for your Sideshow orders by check or money order, so possibly not. Contact Sideshow and they will help you out with this.

Yeah I pay for mine with money orders, but I have to reserve them with a CC. I'll have to look into it. Thanks. :)

Please note that there is a quantity restriction for exclusive Bespin Han Solo of one per customer/biling addy/shipping addy/ credit card, etc.

Collectors who purchased online and also thought to order via the phone, will eventually see those additional orders canceled. Please note that we manually check and cross reference all orders a few times before the item even arrives into our warehouse. Some of the quanities that are available through auctions today, may not be actual quantities that the seller receives from us.

We are currently offering 10 exclusive Predator figures to the wait list members from cancelations where people ordered an additional item via the Flex payment and full payment methods.

Also anyone who is discouraged by missing out on the exclusive should sign up to the wait list. The Luke list has 26 duplicate orders, which violated our quantity restriction, canceled and offered to the wait list members.

Best,
Chicky

Chicky said:
We are currently offering 10 exclusive Predator figures to the wait list members from cancelations where people ordered an additional item via the Flex payment and full payment methods.

Also anyone who is discouraged by missing out on the exclusive should sign up to the wait list. The Luke list has 26 duplicate orders, which violated our quantity restriction, canceled and offered to the wait list members.

Wow, you guys don't miss a trick. Wouldn't have thought about both a Flex Pay and regular pay. Guess I'd make a stupid criminal. Only 26 duplicate orders for Luke, though, huh. Man, got a ways to go on that Wait list to get to me... :sick

Back