So- how sure are we that the next 1/4 will be Boba Fett?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iansilv

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Will they announce it at the Toy Fair? I would think that they would want to hold him out for last, as they would want to keep people's interest in teh series throughout the life of the license. I know Iwould be interested, but... otherpeople might just want Boba. Anybody think it would be $999.00 and predator quality? If so, I hope the next one is Yoda, and he is the same price as Leia.

I hope Fett is the next PF fig. Let's see, they've done Luke, Han, Darth, Ben, and Leia. So only one baddie so far. It's time for the next baddie. Either Fett, a Sandtrooper, or tusken raider.

Of course he won't be made into a 12" figure for a while. He's not a Jedi or a Hero of the Republic:duh . So give us Boba next.

That doesn't mean he can't kick of the "scum" line in the next. He could even be the first armored character released. There are too many stautes out of him, so that makes the 1/4 pretty pointless since it is a clothed statue. They cant' even move!

As a helmeted and armored figure, I do not expect to see him soon as a 12". I strongly desire with all my heart that Sideshow will give me my all-time most wanted piece and make a 1/4 scale Boba Fett the next SW PF. However, Dave was hinting that there will be no SW PF announcement at Toy Fair. Fett may be next, but next week won't be the time we find out...

And I am much more excited about the 1/4 scale, anyway. I have multiple 12" Fetts already, but no 18" one. I would rather have a completely unique piece than one that is the best of many available in the same size.

Buttmunch said:
There are too many stautes out of him, so that makes the 1/4 pretty pointless since it is a clothed statue.

Huh? There are FAR more figures out there of Fett than statues, so I don't understand that argument.

I think he is next, did anyone else notice what papers the mynok was holding up in pic we saw it in first? It was a like a ad for the "Fetts".

elwood49 said:
Huh? There are FAR more figures out there of Fett than statues, so I don't understand that argument.

There may be more figures, but they aren't quality figures. There are plenty of quality Fett statues though.

Buttmunch said:
There may be more figures, but they aren't quality figures. There are plenty of quality Fett statues though.

What statues are those?

Didnt SS already say it might be awhile before we see armoured 1/6 characters?

When is "a while" going to be over? Someone has to be the first one, it might as well be Fett.

I think I'm thinking of the Attakus one, but I'm not sure. It seems there have been many statues or bust to me at least. I'm willing to admit I'm wrong though.

I just want my 1/6 Boba! The 1/4 Boba is great for those that collect the 1/4, but to a 1/6 only collecter such as myself, the 1/4 Fett is only a threat to the 1/6 Fett being made sooner.

Saurons I said:
Let's see, they've done Luke, Han, Darth, Ben, and Leia. So only one baddie so far. It's time for the next baddie.

What about Greivous? He's a baddie too I think...

Scriff

Buttmunch said:
Name them. I can think of two, the Attakus and the GG Fett. I don't care for the pose of either, so I would add there isn't a quality Fett statue at ALL out there. The 1:1 Don Post Fett counts as excellent, but that will set you back around $6,000 these days. I don't want to pay nearly that much.

There are a million Fett figures out there. Koto, Marmit, Medicom, all the Hasbro Unleashed, all the regular Hasbros...

tomandshell said:
What scale is the Attakus Fett?

Attakus is all 1/5 scale.

Last edited:
Two is plenty :p Seriously though, I'm not very familiar with any statues so I really don't know. From what I think I've seen, there seemed to be many statues. I'll take your word though that there are only two.

I still don't think that there has ever been a really good quality Fett figure though. The latest 12" one by Hasbro was close, but FAR from Sideshow Standards. The 12" Ultimate Jango was much better though.

In conclusion, make both Fetts. Both versions would sell out quickly anyway. :rolleyes:

Buttmunch said:
Two is plenty :p Seriously though, I'm not very familiar with any statues so I really don't know. From what I think I've seen, there seemed to be many statues. I'll take your word though that there are only two.

I still don't think that there has ever been a really good quality Fett figure though. The latest 12" one by Hasbro was close, but FAR from Sideshow Standards. The 12" Ultimate Jango was much better though.

In conclusion, make both Fetts. Both versions would sell out quickly anyway. :rolleyes:

Don't get me wrong, I hope you guys get your 12" Fett soon also.

I always thought that the Marmit Boba Fett was pretty cool:
https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_122000.htm

elwood49 said:
Don't get me wrong, I hope you guys get your 12" Fett soon also.

I always thought that the Marmit Boba Fett was pretty cool:
https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_122000.htm

I hope you guys get your Fett too. I guess we both see the other as a threat to making our prefered version sooner though. If I had to guess, I think the 1/4 would be made first because it won't be as difficult to make as to addjust things for the 12" body. The 1/4 are completely unique so nothing really hold them back from being made soon. Well, except maybe Chewie. He is hard in any scale.

On Wednesday during Toy Fair, the site has listed: Star Wars Pre-Orders. Now, that "S" makes it plural. Mace goes on sale on the 20th, so he doesn't count. I know there have been speculations about no new PF at TF, but I am sure hopeful...

It is possible that both these two new items are 12" figures. That would make a total of four 12" figures ordered in the space of just over a week. Not impossible, but with Han and Mace recently announced, I just have a hard time thinking there would be yet another 12" coming out already.

It could also be a bust. That seems very likely. (Yoda?) But not two busts!

That leaves at least one mystery spot. Unless they have acquired a new level/type of Star Wars license (miniature vehicles? prop replicas?), I think that it's at least within the bounds of possibility that we could see a new SW PF announcement this week.

I won't get my hopes up, but neither will I allow them to be completely dashed until I know for sure. The 1/4 scale Star Wars figures are my number one Sideshow priority, so I have my fingers (and toes) crossed...

I guess it could be a 12"er or two if there is no exclusive item or versions of that product(s). A rebel soldier or Stormtrooper wouldn't have much to lend to an exclusive to begin with. It could be another bust or 1/4. Maybe it is the other line that is shrinking? :confused:

Back