PDA

View Full Version : 1/6 scale Marvels figures anyone?

Pbun
02-06-2010, 01:41 AM
Anyone having the same thought? Sideshow maybe?
My Medicom 1/6th Spiderman has two broken arms btw.

Puay
02-06-2010, 01:47 AM
I would love to see that happening. What Medicom offers are too little and too brittle!

OSCORP
02-06-2010, 01:52 AM
Sideshow maybe?

http://lolcat.com/images/lolcats/1386.jpg

Hot Toys starts doing Comic Figs, and a lot of us are in trouble.

D. Martin
02-06-2010, 02:09 AM
SSC states they aren't interested. HT is our best bet, but so long as they keep with the movie figures, I personally can live without the comic versions.

Pbun
02-06-2010, 03:13 AM
Sorry DM ....the comics versions IMO is the only way to go....

Master Monkey
02-06-2010, 03:59 AM
SSC states they aren't interested. HT is our best bet, but so long as they keep with the movie figures, I personally can live without the comic versions.

I definitely feel exactly the opposite.

karamazov80
02-06-2010, 07:04 AM
I agree that the movie figures are pretty lame for the most part (due exclusively to their crappy designs, and in no way due to Hot Toys ability to make movie-accurate toys), but would be all over comic figures if done right.

Darkseed
02-06-2010, 07:33 AM

:lecture I agree.

I am not opposed to comic versions, I don't see the point.
- Comic lineup would include the same list of characters either made by Medicom or which will be / or was featured in film. It will be the same list of most popular characters which saturates the market / character.
- Comic lineup has too many artist variations of a character. Everyone has an opinion which is best / worst rendition of the character.
- Comic lineup could offer more obscure characters that will not see film. It is highly unlikely because these characters won't produce sales.

Which is why I don't see the point.

Darth Waller
02-06-2010, 08:44 AM
- Comic lineup has too many artist variations of a character. Everyone has an opinion which is best / worst rendition of the character.

They could go the Sideshow PF route and just pick one they like or create their own variation.

Puay
02-07-2010, 12:01 AM
Pbun I would suggest that you post this question in "Ask Sideshow".

D. Martin
02-07-2010, 12:16 AM
Sorry DM ....the comics versions IMO is the only way to go....

No need to be sorry for your opinion. Don't get me wrong, I'd buy the ones I like as well, but we'd be talking about a line of figures that would be out of any company's scope.

Give me a John Byrne Alpha Flight or a Paul Smith X-Men line and I'd be very happy.

D. Martin
02-07-2010, 12:21 AM
I agree that the movie figures are pretty lame for the most part (due exclusively to their crappy designs, and in no way due to Hot Toys ability to make movie-accurate toys), but would be all over comic figures if done right.

I dunno. This figure and character design is awesome. "What would you prefer? Yellow spandex?"

http://www.cooltoyreview.com/HotToys/Marvel/XMO-Wolverine/34.jpg

http://www.cooltoyreview.com/HotToys/Marvel/XMO-Wolverine/05.jpg

Darklord Dave
02-07-2010, 12:47 AM
Yes, HT is more likely and has been rumored. But I have to agree that I prefer the movie versions. They just work better in the real world. People are complaining about the spandex on the Sabretooth PF, and I think we'd hear the same thing about 1/6 figures, even more so, since the cloth wouldn't be as formfitting as it's drawn in the comics.

piccolodaimaoh
02-07-2010, 12:57 AM
Why not both?

Hot Toys could make a super-hero style body for comic versions and use the more standard bodies, not overly muscled, for the movie versions. It's a win win situation for everyone.

Puay
02-17-2010, 11:59 PM
This thread kinda faded away, am bringing it back. Definitely there did be comic book fans wishing this to come true.

I personally would love to see some Sipderman villians done in Steve Ditko's style.

lobox42
02-18-2010, 12:14 AM
Yes, HT is more likely and has been rumored. But I have to agree that I prefer the movie versions. They just work better in the real world. People are complaining about the spandex on the Sabretooth PF, and I think we'd hear the same thing about 1/6 figures, even more so, since the cloth wouldn't be as formfitting as it's drawn in the comics.

I have the same opinion.:D

EVILFACE
02-18-2010, 12:19 AM
As long as they don't look like those Famous Cover Remakes by Medicom!!