PDA

View Full Version : Gambit vs. Bullseye - who's better?

TOE
02-04-2010, 06:53 PM
Which Marvel character looks more pimped throwing cards?

Bullseye or Gambit?

http://www.samruby.com/Villains/Bullseye/BullseyeRomita.gif

or

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/marveldatabase/images/thumb/d/da/Gambit_ultimate.jpg/300px-Gambit_ultimate.jpg

Mr. Green
02-04-2010, 07:00 PM
Gambit man, he's way cooler. Opps...Bullseye's precision vs Gambit's explosive. Damn, Gambit still wins....who the heck want a circle on their forhead?

Grange Wallis
02-04-2010, 07:02 PM
The raging cajun!

daikkenaurora
02-04-2010, 07:06 PM
As a comic book charcater, Gambit is better. As a statue... Gambit is better. Bullseye can kill you with cards but Gambit can kill you with them and blow you up with them.

fuzzylojiks
02-04-2010, 07:07 PM
Gambit hands down. Is this even a contest? :D

daikkenaurora
02-04-2010, 07:11 PM
Gambit hands down. Is this even a contest? :D

Not really. Its a one-sided fight.

Mr. Green
02-04-2010, 07:12 PM
Maybe someone should start a poll thread on Sentry vs Thor. I' am pretty sure Siege will show the results soon enough. :banana:banana:banana:banana

Man did Ares got ripped by Sentry.

TOE
02-04-2010, 07:27 PM
well, for me Gambit is a better person, but I think Bullseye will put a card between Gambit's eyes before Gambit even light up a card.

TOE
02-04-2010, 07:27 PM
Maybe someone should start a poll thread on Sentry vs Thor. I' am pretty sure Siege will show the results soon enough. :banana:banana:banana:banana

Man did Ares got ripped by Sentry.

start it up. +1 vote for Thor :rock

gambit
02-04-2010, 08:10 PM
Bullseye is a boosted character imo. No match for Gambit

ambasah
02-04-2010, 08:14 PM
both are great, but my money is on the original card thrower.

jinxx
02-04-2010, 09:46 PM
As a comic book charcater, Gambit is better. As a statue... Gambit is better. Bullseye can kill you with cards but Gambit can kill you with them and blow you up with them.

I concur.:lecture

Kill you and destroy the evidence at the same time. Gambit FTW!:winner

ChrisCJ99
02-04-2010, 09:57 PM
Gambit Gambit Gambit....

karamazov80
02-04-2010, 10:32 PM
Bullseye. Gambit is a lame character from the crappiest period in comics (which is saying something, given how bad comics are nowadays). Plus, he's got a horrible looking pink shirt with a trench coat over it for some reason and stupid early 90s hair like he thinks he's the singer from the Lemonheads or something. Bullseye should just throw a pencil through his eyeball and end his lame, stupid existence. Bullseye is bad ass (or was back in the day, anyway).

Also, I'm from south Louisiana and have never heard anyone speak with the stupid accent he had in the ____ty X-Men cartoon from the early 90s.

daikkenaurora
02-04-2010, 10:40 PM
Bullseye. Gambit is a lame character from the crappiest period in comics (which is saying something, given how bad comics are nowadays). Plus, he's got a horrible looking pink shirt with a trench coat over it for some reason and stupid early 90s hair like he thinks he's the singer from the Lemonheads or something. Bullseye should just throw a pencil through his eyeball and end his lame, stupid existence. Bullseye is bad ass (or was back in the day, anyway).

Also, I'm from south Louisiana and have never heard anyone speak with the stupid accent he had in the ____ty X-Men cartoon from the early 90s.

Sounds like someone is jealous of Gambit. lol:rotfl

Flipsk8emerica
02-04-2010, 10:43 PM
Sounds like someone is jealous of Gambit. lol:rotfl

HAHAHA!:rotfl

karamazov80
02-04-2010, 10:54 PM
Damn. I will admit jealousy of the hair that guy from the Lemonheads had.

ecekat
02-04-2010, 11:56 PM
gambit gambit gambit

beachfox
02-05-2010, 12:36 AM
Gambit wins!!!

-jay-
02-05-2010, 12:49 AM
I voted Gambit :rock

Mr. Green
02-05-2010, 01:27 AM
start it up. +1 vote for Thor :rock

Need a toys, statue, etc from SS, Hot Toys, DC Direct, *coughBowencough*, etc to start a good poll thread.

Bullseye
02-05-2010, 02:22 AM
Frank Miller + Bullseye kills Elektra > cacca Gambit. Classic beats xbox gen everytime.

Who ever created Gambit sure was lazy stealing from Frabk Miller and Bullseye. Kills Gambit withou breaking sweat.

Hulksmashed
02-05-2010, 05:53 AM
Bullseye is possibly the lamest Marvel character IMO. Ohhh nooo...he's ACCURATE! :rolleyes:

gambit is a master thief, expert with a bo, and can charge any object with kinetic energy! He also looks cool! :rock

puntapret
02-05-2010, 06:00 AM
Gambit all the way ...

fuzzylojiks
02-05-2010, 06:01 AM
Frank Miller + Bullseye kills Elektra > cacca Gambit. Classic beats xbox gen everytime.

Who ever created Gambit sure was lazy stealing from Frabk Miller and Bullseye. Kills Gambit withou breaking sweat.

I haven't read Miller's version. Sounds good, I'll go pick one up! :)

Bullseye
02-05-2010, 06:12 AM
Bullseye is possibly the lamest Marvel character IMO. Ohhh nooo...he's ACCURATE! :rolleyes:

gambit is a master thief, expert with a bo, and can charge any object with kinetic energy! He also looks cool! :rock

Ah but you probably think slot machines are the coolest with all those shiny lights LOL.

Read some classic comics (even X-men for that matter).

fuzzylojiks
02-05-2010, 06:17 AM
http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af105/Fuzzylojiks/Bullseye/bullseyepromoshiny.jpg

He does have potential definitely. I'm just not a fan of his though.

Bullseye
02-05-2010, 06:20 AM
The man takes care of his teeth. I thought Americans were obsessed with gleaming white teeth. Maybe dentists will buy this to display in their clinics LOL.

fuzzylojiks
02-05-2010, 06:24 AM
The man takes care of his teeth. I thought Americans were obsessed with gleaming white teeth. Maybe dentists will buy this to display in their clinics LOL.

Haha true! It reminds me of that movie Kingdom of Heaven. You see scruffy ass Orlando bloom with dressed in dirty rags, bleeding all over the place with unkempt hair and he opens his mouth to a full set of happy shiny teeth. I broke out laughing... people didn't like that too much in the cinema :D

-jay-
02-05-2010, 06:25 AM

:lol :lol :lol

FQRizzo
02-05-2010, 06:26 AM
I liked when Bullseye got owned by Deadpool recently. Bullseye paid Deadpool off so he would leave him alone. :lol

CelticWarrior
02-05-2010, 06:27 AM
gambit!!! there is no contest ;)

Hulksmashed
02-05-2010, 06:27 AM
Ah but you probably think slot machines are the coolest with all those shiny lights LOL.

Read some classic comics (even X-men for that matter).

Nah, dude If a character works in a story I'm all for it! And, a well written story is a well written story no matter what characters it contains. I personally just think Bullseye is overall uninteresting. He is accurate and can make anything a weapon...

Gambit on the other hand has a more interesting power (which is what I like about comic books). To me (maybe because Im a dorky chemist :huh), the ability to take the latent potential energy that exists in any object and convert it to kinetic energy is interesting!

karamazov80
02-05-2010, 07:54 AM
Psychopathic killers in comic books are often more interesting than lame, inaccurate caricatures of southerners, IMO. Particularly ones with girly hair that wear pink and have pink energy coming out of them.

Most villains in Marvel/DC are either power mad (Doom, Luthor, Darkseid, Kang), driven by a sense of injustice or revenge which happens to pit them against "good guys" (Magneto, Namor at various times, Ra's al Ghul, Black Adam), are regular, run of the mill crooks or gangsters (various Spidey villains), and/or are potentially sympathetic characters for some other reason (Galactus, Kree Supreme Intelligence, Hulk at times). There aren't enough good, old fashioned psychopaths out there anymore.

--edit: I am genuinely surprised at the interest in Gambit. There must be lots of 90s nostalgia here.--

Bullseye
02-05-2010, 08:02 AM
Psychopathic killers in comic books are often more interesting than lame, inaccurate caricatures of southerners, IMO. Particularly ones with girly hair that wear pink and have pink energy coming out of them.

Most villains in Marvel/DC are either power mad (Doom, Luthor, Darkseid, Kang), driven by a sense of injustice or revenge which happens to pit them against "good guys" (Magneto, Namor at various times, Ra's al Ghul, Black Adam), are regular, run of the mill crooks or gangsters (various Spidey villains), and/or are potentially sympathetic characters for some other reason (Galactus, Kree Supreme Intelligence, Hulk at times). There aren't enough good, old fashioned psychopaths out there anymore.

--edit: I am genuinely surprised at the interest in Gambit. There must be lots of 90s nostalgia here.--

:lecture:clap

jinxx
02-05-2010, 08:04 AM

:lecture:lecture:lecture

We also have teh money(or credit) to spend.....

IronLungs31
02-05-2010, 08:09 AM
I'm going with the Raggin' Cajun!

Hulksmashed
02-05-2010, 08:14 AM

Dude...I want to see an insane psychopath that kills for no other reason then being nuts...ill just turn on the news. I've never seen a guy throwing cards charged with kinetic energy before though...

And yes...I think there is lots of 90's nastalgia here....

fuzzylojiks
02-05-2010, 08:24 AM

I think that's a matter of perspective and highly subjective. Both types hold interest to me and all those other villains have various grades of psychosis as well. A psychotic villain combined with a calculating mind and narcissistic/borderline traits, but still tempered by twisted sense of morality would be captivating to witness.

karamazov80
02-05-2010, 08:26 AM
Don't mean to sound judgmental about the role of nostalgia, by the way. I completely understand that. Personally, I love Flock of Seagulls, Duran Duran, Pat Benatar, and various other relics of the 1980s that have no intrinsic value beyond my nostalgia for them.

However, I can accept this fact ;)

ComputerFly
02-05-2010, 08:30 AM
Toe, you have created the most confusing poll I have ever witnessed, lol!

In the title you ask: "Who's Better?" I would assume this is asking who I like better. Maybe I like Gambit better than Bullseye.

In the OP you ask: "Who looks more pimped throwing cards?" I would definitely say Gambit. You just can't beat all the motion and the light up effect.

In the actual poll, you ask: "Who is better at throwing cards?" I'd give this one to Bullseye. I'd say he is probably more accurate, and there for better, at throwing a card. Gambit is probably not as accurate, but relies on the explosiveness to do the deed.

fuzzylojiks
02-05-2010, 08:31 AM
Don't mean to sound judgmental about the role of nostalgia, by the way. I completely understand that. Personally, I love Flock of Seagulls, Duran Duran, Pat Benatar, and various other relics of the 1980s that have no intrinsic value beyond my nostalgia for them.

However, I can accept this fact ;)

I think most collectibles are driven from sales due to nostalgia no? Otherwise, we'd just get stuff/characters that we don't identify with instead of a movie we've seen or a comic we've read.

karamazov80
02-05-2010, 08:43 AM
I think most collectibles are driven from sales due to nostalgia no? Otherwise, we'd just get stuff/characters that we don't identify with instead of a movie we've seen or a comic we've read.
Yeah, you're probably right! That's what drives my buying habits, anyway.

ambasah
02-05-2010, 08:52 AM
I haven't collected comics since the 80s. What Frank Miller did in the death of elektra saga blew me away, and shows how awesome a villian bullseye is.

Can someone recommend a story involving gambit that compares? And I don't mean this in a negative way whatsoever - I am interested in getting back into the comic book scene and am looking for some gems over the past 2 decades.

ecekat
02-05-2010, 09:42 AM
gambit ftw!!!!!!!!!!!:banana

fuzzylojiks
02-05-2010, 10:47 AM
I haven't collected comics since the 80s. What Frank Miller did in the death of elektra saga blew me away, and shows how awesome a villian bullseye is.

Can someone recommend a story involving gambit that compares? And I don't mean this in a negative way whatsoever - I am interested in getting back into the comic book scene and am looking for some gems over the past 2 decades.

I'm gonna get the cartoons for my kids! :P Gambit was cool in the cartoons loved his accent.

daikkenaurora
02-05-2010, 11:55 AM
I'm gonna get the cartoons for my kids! :P Gambit was cool in the cartoons loved his accent.

The cartoon was great.

creature4000
02-05-2010, 01:24 PM
PF and in the Comics.. Bullseye owns Gambit!!

ink
02-05-2010, 01:42 PM
I like gambit more...

ink
02-05-2010, 01:43 PM

just buy the xmen cartoon sets. that's the closest thing to the xmen comics that can be

fuzzylojiks
02-05-2010, 01:46 PM
just buy the xmen cartoon sets. that's the closest thing to the xmen comics that can be

darn it I have their them song in my head now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxOQTaLTFrU

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VxOQTaLTFrU&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VxOQTaLTFrU&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Bullseye
02-05-2010, 01:49 PM
Ha ha no actual cool comic stories but plenty of cartoons LOL.

ecekat
02-05-2010, 01:50 PM
that song.....love it!

fuzzylojiks
02-05-2010, 01:54 PM
that song.....love it!

yeah me2 :D

bagelsncheesey
02-05-2010, 02:03 PM
Gambit, by far.

daikkenaurora
02-05-2010, 02:06 PM
40 Gambit, 14 Bullseye. That's an ass whoopin' in my book.

Bullseye
02-05-2010, 02:07 PM
Yeah but we are talking about cartoon fans LOL. Sheree!!

fuzzylojiks
02-05-2010, 02:10 PM

hey, who you calling a cartoon fan?

/goes back to watching his cartoon

daikkenaurora
02-05-2010, 02:11 PM

regardless... the score is still 40 - 14.

Bullseye
02-05-2010, 02:16 PM
Yeah but we comic book fans don't take cartoon fans seriously. This poll is flawed LOL. It's like the inflation argument brought up by those who hate Avatar.

Villains > Heros

Bullseye
02-05-2010, 02:18 PM
hey, who you calling a cartoon fan?

/goes back to watching his cartoon

I enjoyed those 80s cartoons too. Pity there wasn't more Colossus though. I always liked him best of the Xmen. Hopefully we get a good Colossus and Juggernaut comiquettes.

ecekat
02-05-2010, 02:18 PM
Yeah but we comic book fans don't take cartoon fans seriously. This poll is flawed LOL. It's like the inflation argument brought up by those who hate Avatar.

Villains > Heros

here we go again!!

daikkenaurora
02-05-2010, 02:20 PM

Villains > Heros

Thats funny, most people dont take comic book fans seriously. :whip

Nothing wrong with not liking Avatar.

fuzzylojiks
02-05-2010, 02:22 PM
I enjoyed those 80s cartoons too. Pity there wasn't more Colossus though. I always liked him best of the Xmen. Hopefully we get a good Colossus and Juggernaut comiquettes.

Yeah there's never enuff Colossus. I like it when he says Tovarish? Darn can't believe I forgot how to spell it :confused:

Bullseye
02-05-2010, 02:25 PM
here we go again!!

Okay Hercules is the greatest.

karamazov80
02-05-2010, 02:44 PM

Villains > Heros
Well, I don't know how the poll is flawed. Clearly, Gambit is more popular among people who frequent these forums. Whatever the reason may be, it is what it is. The inflation argument is different, because tickets cost a variable amount of money depending on the financial context. As such, less people saw Avatar than, say, Titanic, but it still made more money. No such issue with this poll. You just seem to take issue with the people who vote.

However, if not for nostalgia, I'm sure that Gambit would be some crappy, b-level character that no one cared about like a Speedball or Nomad. Same as Cable. Stick these guys on a popular cartoon or as the lead in a crappy, but popular comic at the time, and people are gonna love them in 20 years. There was a lot of crap coming out back in those days. But, nostalgia is powerful, and as posted earlier, is the basis for why many of us collect at all. Hard to criticize that part of it, I think.

ecekat
02-05-2010, 02:46 PM
Okay Hercules is the greatest.

:D:D:D:D:D

Bullseye
02-05-2010, 02:56 PM
Titanic was in the cinema for three times the lenght of Avatar though. It's alittle early to be quoting ticket sales yet. It will really depend on how long Fox decide to leave it in the cinema. If it were to win best picture at the Oscars it could get a second wind and only God knows how much more this could make.

BTW I an only kidding on this whole poll as obviously there are alot more Xmen fans on here than Daredevil fans and that's fine.

But back to the actual question. Bullseye is obviously much more accurate at throwing cards as Gambit does not require accuracy as they explode. But BE was and is still the daddy of card throwing ;)

Well, I don't know how the poll is flawed. Clearly, Gambit is more popular among people who frequent these forums. Whatever the reason may be, it is what it is. The inflation argument is different, because tickets cost a variable amount of money depending on the financial context. As such, less people saw Avatar than, say, Titanic, but it still made more money. No such issue with this poll. You just seem to take issue with the people who vote.

However, if not for nostalgia, I'm sure that Gambit would be some crappy, b-level character that no one cared about like a Speedball or Nomad. Same as Cable. Stick these guys on a popular cartoon or as the lead in a crappy, but popular comic at the time, and people are gonna love them in 20 years. There was a lot of crap coming out back in those days. But, nostalgia is powerful, and as posted earlier, is the basis for why many of us collect at all. Hard to criticize that part of it, I think.

daikkenaurora
02-05-2010, 03:33 PM
Titanic was in the cinema for three times the lenght of Avatar though. It's alittle early to be quoting ticket sales yet. It will really depend on how long Fox decide to leave it in the cinema. If it were to win best picture at the Oscars it could get a second wind and only God knows how much more this could make.

BTW I an only kidding on this whole poll as obviously there are alot more Xmen fans on here than Daredevil fans and that's fine.

But back to the actual question. Bullseye is obviously much more accurate at throwing cards as Gambit does not require accuracy as they explode. But BE was and is still the daddy of card throwing ;)

its now 45-14.

Bullseye
02-05-2010, 03:36 PM
You cannot account for taste. :)

daikkenaurora
02-05-2010, 03:40 PM
You cannot account for taste. :)

I forgot, your vote was removed since your name is Bullseye. :joy

And yeah, you cant account for taste. I mean 14 people actually voted for Bullseye.

ecekat
02-05-2010, 03:42 PM
or bullseye voted from his 13 different accounts!:lol:lol:lol

Bullseye
02-05-2010, 03:48 PM
connoisseurs my friend they are connoisseurs. They will always be smaller numbers. ;)

I forgot, your vote was removed since your name is Bullseye. :joy

And yeah, you cant account for taste. I mean 14 people actually voted for Bullseye.

Colossus
02-05-2010, 05:49 PM
Gambit Hands Down :cool:

Kibishii
02-05-2010, 05:57 PM
Gambit Hands Down :cool:
:lecture
http://bp2.blogger.com/_7j57M2owqfA/SIog-ym_QhI/AAAAAAAAASw/M4od1Fq7V9M/s400/gambit.jpg

Hulksmashed
02-05-2010, 06:19 PM
Hey...you guys remember when Bullseye was cool? Yeah...me neither :cool:

Colossus
02-05-2010, 06:21 PM
:lecture
http://bp2.blogger.com/_7j57M2owqfA/SIog-ym_QhI/AAAAAAAAASw/M4od1Fq7V9M/s400/gambit.jpg

No Pun Intended :D

Bullseye
02-05-2010, 06:27 PM
Hey...you guys remember when Bullseye was cool? Yeah...me neither :cool:

But your only 13 what comics have you ever read :rotfl

Hulksmashed
02-05-2010, 06:30 PM
But your only 13 what comics have you ever read :rotfl

:rotfl 13? Shh...don't tell my wife or daughter!

Bullseye
02-05-2010, 06:34 PM
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e130/rjbreslin/bullseye-elektra3.jpg

greatwall
02-05-2010, 07:01 PM
40 Gambit, 14 Bullseye. That's an ass whoopin' in my book.
I played alot of golf. In that case 14 win.

quadcent
02-05-2010, 07:03 PM
meh, who cares.

greatwall
02-05-2010, 07:09 PM
i care therefore i responsed

quadcent
02-05-2010, 07:16 PM
i care therefore i responsed

ok i see.:monkey3

daikkenaurora
02-05-2010, 08:22 PM
I played alot of golf. In that case 14 win.

this isnt golf so 51 wins.

Darth Snoopy
02-05-2010, 08:29 PM
^^^ :lecture :lecture

Close the poll...Gambit wins. 'Nuff said!

daikkenaurora
02-05-2010, 10:05 PM
^^^ :lecture :lecture

Close the poll...Gambit wins. 'Nuff said!

Agreed. End this bloodshed.

fuzzylojiks
02-05-2010, 11:25 PM
Agreed. End this bloodshed.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

:gun:gun:gun:blissysmi:angelsmil

Bullseye
02-06-2010, 02:42 AM
Has the original question changed. I could have sworn it read who was the best at throwing cards. But now it reads who looks the most pimped! I agree with majority if that's the case.

fuzzylojiks
02-06-2010, 06:08 AM
Has the original question changed. I could have sworn it read who was the best at throwing cards. But now it reads who looks the most pimped! I agree with majority if that's the case.

possible :lol:lol:lol

Colossus
02-06-2010, 06:14 PM
I don't think anyone may be willing to declare this but the Winner is Gambit according to the poll :D

daikkenaurora
02-06-2010, 06:24 PM
I don't think anyone may be willing to declare this but the Winner is Gambit according to the poll :D

Gambit was decided the winner sometime ago since it was 40 -14.

Colossus
02-06-2010, 06:27 PM
Gambit was decided the winner sometime ago since it was 40 -14.

Thanks Daik, I missed that but Thanks for bring me up to speed on this Hot Topic :D

fuzzylojiks
02-06-2010, 06:31 PM
Thanks Daik, I missed that but Thanks for bring me up to speed on this Hot Topic :D

Start a Colossus thread! :D

zoid2323
02-06-2010, 07:40 PM
Gambit > Bullseye

fuzzylojiks
02-06-2010, 07:43 PM
Gambit > Bullseye

'nuff said.

daikkenaurora
02-06-2010, 08:12 PM

hahaha :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl