Sideshow visit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisCJ99

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Hey guys,
So I just wanted to share an experience today that was basically a dream come true....

Currently I'm a student at Otis College of Art and Design studying graphic design (but switching to Motion Graphics next semester). I am taking an elective class called "Studio Visits" which gives us the opportunity to visit local small/big film studios and learn all about the industry. So far, this class has been worth ALL the tuition costs IMO since it has provided me with the MOST opportunities ANYWHERE so far.... So we were assigned to interview anyone in the field of film/visual effects/etc... Being the avid Sideshow collector that I am, I IMMEDIATELY thought that I could interview someone in the multimedia department at Sideshow. So I contacted them, and I was set up to interview Travis, the manager of Multimedia.

So today I arrived at Sideshow, and needless to say my blood was pumping..... I couldn't believe I was actually here. I was immediately greeted with a lobby FULL of Sideshow products that make your jaw drop. I will say that I signed a confidentiality agreement, so I can't repeat ANYTHING that I saw behind the doors :D

First I sat down with Travis and picked his brain about the industry and what his department does. (EXTREMELY enlightening) He then introduced me to the team, and gave me a tour of the building. Needless to say, I saw MANY recognizable items (one being the glorious Dr Doom PF :drool) I even met Scott Klauder and the guys from "Help Wanted". I gotta say, I was star struck! It's insane seeing all the guys from the video and company IN PERSON! I even walked by Tom Gilliland while he and the team were working on stuff. Unreal......

So when the tour ended, I got a chance to meet Greg Anzalone (CEO). The icing on the cake....

So all in all, this was the opportunity of a lifetime. I got to see what one company of the industry is really like, and I gotta say I'm glad I'm following my passion. I now know that this IS what I want to do, and the kind of workplace I want to be in.

So Thanks again Sideshow!!!!! :chew

AWESOME CHRIS!!! That truly is a dream come true!!!! Where can we see the interview!?? And did u take any pics?

AWESOME CHRIS!!! That truly is a dream come true!!!! Where can we see the interview!?? And did u take any pics?

Well it was an interview for a written report. Nothing like a video or anything.... But I did take pics of just of the lobby with my iPhone :lol ..... Not sure if I can post those though, but I will check :cool:

Very cool. I too would be interested in reading what Travis had to say.

And even though you can't say anything in specific, are we in for some awesome stuff soon? :monkey3

Very cool. I too would be interested in reading what Travis had to say.

And even though you can't say anything in specific, are we in for some awesome stuff soon? :monkey3

They can neither confirm nor deny. :lol:D:naughty:cool:

That's so cool you got to visit Sideshow, Chris!!!

Awesome Chris! Many people here (myself included) will be very envious right now...congrats!

Hey guys,
So I just wanted to share an experience today that was basically a dream come true....

Currently I'm a student at Otis College of Art and Design studying graphic design (but switching to Motion Graphics next semester). I am taking an elective class called "Studio Visits" which gives us the opportunity to visit local small/big film studios and learn all about the industry. So far, this class has been worth ALL the tuition costs IMO since it has provided me with the MOST opportunities ANYWHERE so far.... So we were assigned to interview anyone in the field of film/visual effects/etc... Being the avid Sideshow collector that I am, I IMMEDIATELY thought that I could interview someone in the multimedia department at Sideshow. So I contacted them, and I was set up to interview Travis, the manager of Multimedia.

So today I arrived at Sideshow, and needless to say my blood was pumping..... I couldn't believe I was actually here. I was immediately greeted with a lobby FULL of Sideshow products that make your jaw drop. I will say that I signed a confidentiality agreement, so I can't repeat ANYTHING that I saw behind the doors :D

First I sat down with Travis and picked his brain about the industry and what his department does. (EXTREMELY enlightening) He then introduced me to the team, and gave me a tour of the building. Needless to say, I saw MANY recognizable items (one being the glorious Dr Doom PF :drool) I even met Scott Klauder and the guys from "Help Wanted". I gotta say, I was star struck! It's insane seeing all the guys from the video and company IN PERSON! I even walked by Tom Gilliland while he and the team were working on stuff. Unreal......

So when the tour ended, I got a chance to meet Greg Anzalone (CEO). The icing on the cake....

So all in all, this was the opportunity of a lifetime. I got to see what one company of the industry is really like, and I gotta say I'm glad I'm following my passion. I now know that this IS what I want to do, and the kind of workplace I want to be in.

So Thanks again Sideshow!!!!! :chew
That's great Chris! I'm so glad you didn't change your mind and not stay in school.

Back