PDA

View Full Version : NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77

Johnny Utah
02-02-2010, 04:15 PM
http://www.figures.com/forums/news/10207-new-predator-movie-action-figures-announced.html

Jungle Hunter and City Hunter to be at Toyfair, with new Predators to be unveiled closer to the film's release. Discuss. I am totally stoked.

kinjate67
02-02-2010, 04:33 PM
Hot looking predators thanks for the info!

a-dev
02-02-2010, 04:38 PM
Cool! And also S**t! More money gone.

darkknight
02-02-2010, 04:43 PM
Cool! Hope they got more articulation than McF.

crazypredator2
02-02-2010, 05:37 PM
great, super news.

Sabres21768
02-02-2010, 06:01 PM
SWEET!

I really hope they're poseable.

And BRING ON THE ALIEN3!

Ra88
02-02-2010, 06:16 PM
Oh hell yes! :rock Hopefully we'll get a 12 or 18 inch Predator as well, now that would be sweet.

CelticPredator
02-02-2010, 06:21 PM
Cool....but I dunno. My HT Pred is sexy....too sexy to want some NECA.

dcflake
02-02-2010, 06:23 PM
I really like NECA should be a purchase for me

Bezzerkerr
02-02-2010, 07:51 PM
18" masked Predator 1, you got a deal

mmurrer
02-02-2010, 08:10 PM
Great news! Release 18" Predator figures and I'm sold.
edit: and please, do not include lame sound features.

Valfar
02-02-2010, 08:18 PM
Sound features would be awesome for a Predator, think about how cool that would be, the sound of his infra red sight,that purr like cackling sound they make,plasma caster firing(blue LED added and timed with sound),"want some candy" lol!..i would love if they added these features.

Jaycepticon
02-02-2010, 08:23 PM
So does this have anything to do with that dude wanting reference pics of the plasma caster last month? I don't really collect 6" figs anymore, but I'd make an exception for Pred's:rock

Sachiel
02-02-2010, 08:26 PM
I knew they were doing Predators, but not both Predator and Predator 2!!

Can't wait!

I hope the poses (and articulation) are better than Wolf.

mmurrer
02-02-2010, 08:33 PM
Sound features would be awesome for a Predator, think about how cool that would be, the sound of his infra red sight,that purr like cackling sound they make,plasma caster firing(blue LED added and timed with sound),"want some candy" lol!..i would love if they added these features.

The sound quality of these chips is usually very bad. If they manage to make it sound good, then yes, it'd be awesome.
Opeth is awesome, btw.

Furious1
02-02-2010, 09:07 PM
I would be willing to snag a P1 and P2, and I might even go back and get a Wolf from AVP depending on how everything turns out.

Centrocal
02-02-2010, 09:07 PM
So does this have anything to do with that dude wanting reference pics of the plasma caster last month? I don't really collect 6" figs anymore, but I'd make an exception for Pred's:rock

Yeah right here ! :banana

http://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70292&highlight=Predator+neca

xr6.turbo
02-02-2010, 09:08 PM
Hot looking predators thanks for the info!

i don't see any pics:confused::confused:

Jaycepticon
02-02-2010, 09:18 PM
Yeah right here ! :banana

http://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70292&highlight=Predator+neca

cool, I know it's important to keep things under wraps in the business world, but I lost hope when Tankman said NECA didn't the license at the time. Good to know they have it now though, it must've been one of those "technically" things

Cobra King
02-02-2010, 09:35 PM
i hope that in the future we get some dutch figures out of this series 1 full gear with jacket .1with no jacket and just the vest like on the movie poster . and 1 mud coverd dutch with the bow and spears.

Karatka
02-02-2010, 10:30 PM
To quote the article:

"The figures will focus on the Predators and their many unique looks as seen in the three films. No human characters are immediately planned, though they are a possibility in the future."

Hmmm. Here's hoping that means some Lost Hunters...

DARK-SIDE
02-03-2010, 01:53 AM
oh no !!!
please make some sweet 1/6 Preds!!!!
and some jungle display bases to come with.

DARK-SIDE
02-03-2010, 01:55 AM
and thank god I didn't get a HT P1 ,haha!

nicky
02-03-2010, 02:00 AM
"No human characters are immediately planned, though they are a possibility in the future."

PLEASE make it so as HT dropped the ball on P1/P2 human figs.

dcflake
02-03-2010, 05:14 AM
"No human characters are immediately planned, though they are a possibility in the future."

PLEASE make it so as HT dropped the ball on P1/P2 human figs.

How so Dutch was awesome?

The never did a Harrigan though which does such.

nicky
02-03-2010, 05:46 AM
I mean they dropped the ball in that they could have done so much more than just a great Dutch and an ok Billy. What about the rest?

MaulFan
02-03-2010, 09:22 AM
I mean they dropped the ball in that they could have done so much more than just a great Dutch and an ok Billy. What about the rest?

HT, and likely NECA, didn't flesh out the rest because they don't have likeness rights under the Predator license and would have to pursue each person's individual rights. I can't figure why they made Billy at all with no likeness, other than maybe feeling the P1 line had to have at least 3 figures to feel right to collectors, like the ALIEN line. HT acknowledged the demand for top quality, accurrate, realistic figures in a recent article, which means they realize that collectors aren't content to buy figures anymore with the likeness games of ALIENS era. I'd say, the deemed Dutch the only one worth all the extra cost and effort to get a likeness right for and Billy the best and easiest figure to roll out without a likeness but still have some value and the rest of the team not worth making at all.

If NECA puts out the humans, I'd say it'd very likely be without likenesses too, they might be able to get away with it on $15 figures, but for those thinking NECA will be the answer to having an awesome set of Dutch's team in their collection, if likenesses are a key factor in that, you'll probably be dissappointed. I'm not sure they'd even do the full team anyway, NECA's really big on recycling parts over mutliple figures, like the AVPR Wolf figure or the T2 figures, Dutch's team can't really share parts because of their different sizes and costumes. My guess is, if they do humans, maybe a couple Dutch figures to share molds.

playafree
02-03-2010, 10:04 AM
Sweet! I would love to buy more predators from NECA. Please make a "King Willy"

mattjargon
02-03-2010, 10:25 AM
Who cares if they're only 7", we're getting 4+ new inexpensive predator figures this year.

Not to mention hot toys will probably produce figures based on the new movie.

abake
02-03-2010, 10:40 AM
Awesome news!
NECA does us proud!

Now I can start dreaming about them getting the license for the Alien prequel as well. If that ever goes into production...

Johnny Utah
02-03-2010, 11:10 AM
I hope to see new Alien figures too...like a NECA Dog Alien or Queen.

prefused
02-03-2010, 11:37 AM
well, i guess we can look forward to 5 different releases of the same damn sculpt.
and, neca, just sculpt 2 heads so there won't be a big ugly seam on the unmasked face.
also, make ALL of the P2 Lost preds. HT gave up and broke my heart.

AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, MAKE 1:6 VERSIONS!

Platty
02-03-2010, 02:56 PM
Would love a Dutch in 7" or 12". Would be epic.

Sabres21768
02-03-2010, 02:57 PM
You won't see any of the human figures.

There really is no market for them and they don't have likeness rights.

a-dev
02-03-2010, 03:04 PM
At the least they should make Dutch in his 3 main guises - full combat gear, poster gear and muddy Dutch. Its an Arnie figure - a guaranteed seller. They've made Conan and T-800 so why not? I'd love the entire team and it annoys me how unlikely that is due to the likenesses issue and the unwillingness to make so many unique sculpts. But OK. Arnold Schwarzennegger at least though. People will buy him endlessly.

prefused
02-03-2010, 03:14 PM
*yaaaawn* like arnold doesn't have a bajillion figures by now. i'm ready for a p2 busey figure.

Valfar
02-03-2010, 03:17 PM
I am most anxious for just P1 and P2 Preds, the lost designs are meh to me unless its the Elder/grey back.

dcflake
02-03-2010, 03:33 PM
*yaaaawn* like arnold doesn't have a bajillion figures by now. i'm ready for a p2 busey figure.

That would be cool but I kinda hated his character in the film.

twistedfreak
02-03-2010, 03:48 PM
Cool beans. This might give me a reason to pick up some NECA stuff.

Articulation Junkie
02-03-2010, 03:58 PM

The only reason I would buy a Peter Keys figure would be to cut it in half.

Valfar
02-03-2010, 04:00 PM
That would be cool but I kinda hated his character in the film.

I agree, he was trying to hard to be Johnny Badass...he just got in the way.

MaulFan
02-03-2010, 04:05 PM
I thought Keys was the perfect _______, interesting on screen, but you kept waiting for him to bite it, and a severed head was a great death.

Jaycepticon
02-03-2010, 04:15 PM
I agree, he was trying to hard to be Johnny Badass...he just got in the way.

Harrigan the character is cool with me, but wished they would've used somebody else besides Danny Glover. Keyes rocked:rock

Valfar
02-03-2010, 04:18 PM
Yea really?, like who? Wesley Snipes?..i think really you could have used anyone for that role.He probally had 5x the lines Arnold had in P1 as well.

Jaycepticon
02-03-2010, 04:20 PM
Yea really?, like who? Wesley Snipes?..i think really you could have used anyone for that role.He probally had 5x the lines Arnold had in P1 as well.

Plenty of non african lead actors. Take your pic

Valfar
02-03-2010, 04:35 PM
Really?, this guys not like Lil Wayne,Denis Rodman,Tupac or some crap like that..i had no problem with Glover in the role, the weakest links were the people on his team,thats were the real bad acting came in.

MaulFan
02-03-2010, 04:43 PM
I wouldn't chalk up Harrigan's team to bad acting as more bad writing. The goofy jokes from The Lone Ranger, Bill Paxton's not a bad actor, but I don't think anyone was going to deliver those gags and not come off a bit foolish.

I actually think Glover is a big factor in that movie being alright to watch. With most of the screen time spent around Harrigan and crew, you needed a lead that could actually have some humanity and performance, which Glover brought. Glover, Busey and Paxton were fine castings, it was the script and unusual world in which the story took place that I found holding P2 back a bit. King Willy was cool, but the whole concept of the tribal drug gangs working the inner city and the voodoo attacks and all that, it just doesn't seem believable, even in a fictional story about an unknown future, it just seemed very out of context, like civilized and uncivilized culture in the same space and they just didn't belong together.

Jaycepticon
02-03-2010, 04:51 PM
Really?, this guys not like Lil Wayne,Denis Rodman,Tupac or some crap like that..i had no problem with Glover in the role, the weakest links were the people on his team,thats were the real bad acting came in.

You missed my point. Glover doesn't have to be replaced by another black actor, just someone younger and more believable in the role. Predators are supposed to hunt down the toughest SOB's on our planet, not some damn near 50 year old cop:lol But I guess they did it just to have someone completely opposite of Arnie in the sequel:confused: Whatever it is, we'll agree to disagree

Valfar
02-03-2010, 04:57 PM
You are not making sense to me, where do you expect the Predator to show up at? Mr Olympia competition?.Hell, if they look for the toughest SOB's then i guess they should have went to a Army base and caused ruckuss.

White, black,Chiney whatever! lol..Glover was fine, i think since Arnold was the first to battle a Predator, the fans only expected that some roided dude was the only thing that could stand toe to toe with a Predator which i think is BS.

Jaycepticon
02-03-2010, 05:02 PM
You are not making sense to me, where do you expect the Predator to show up at? Mr Olympia competition?.Hell, if they look for the toughest SOB's then i guess they should have went to a Army base and caused ruckuss.

White, black,Chiney whatever! lol..Glover was fine, i think since Arnold was the first to battle a Predator, the fans only expected that some roided dude was the only thing that could stand toe to toe with a Predator which i think is BS.

Anytime showed up in a jungle warzone, Pu$$yface showed up in an urban warzone. You bringing up Mr. Olympia clearly shows me you're the one not making sense and there's no point furthering this discussion:lol

MaulFan
02-03-2010, 05:09 PM
I perceived the Predator chasing Harrigan not as a physical match but for psychological, that he was smart and clever, which is ultimately how he beat the Predator, it wasn't power. It was a match of who was most clever/crafty.

dcflake
02-03-2010, 05:54 PM

I liked Glover in the movie. Snipes could have done as good as job but it didn't need him. I thought they could have replaced the Dutch character with any of those actors whose main job is to be the 'muscular action hero' first and a good actor second. People like Van Damme, Steve Segall maybe Hulk Hogan but that would be pushing it. Arnold was great in it but he didn't have to do a lot to do unlike Glover which is probably for the best for him.

pyrexia
02-05-2010, 07:27 PM
Realy cool news when are those predator figures coming out????

prefused
02-05-2010, 08:04 PM
Realy cool news when are those predator figures coming out????
the OFFICIAL release date for the movie is july 9th. but, the avp movies were rightfully panned by critics and the box office suffered.
so, my spider-sense says it will get pushed back till at least late august with all the other movies that studios lose money on.

in other words, don't start holding your breath for merchandise yet.

crazypredator2
02-06-2010, 05:22 PM
i hope they do elder predator 2.
and do these in 1/6 as well.

Darth_Pain
02-07-2010, 06:55 AM
PICS?
I see nothing through that link.

Jaycepticon
02-07-2010, 07:06 AM
Read the first post:lol Unveiling at Toy fair next week. Hopefully, we get some sort of sneak peak sometime this week

ozzfan84
02-07-2010, 08:33 AM
I perceived the Predator chasing Harrigan not as a physical match but for psychological, that he was smart and clever, which is ultimately how he beat the Predator, it wasn't power. It was a match of who was most clever/crafty.

Well put. That's exactly how I see it, too.

ArmoredFoe
02-07-2010, 11:22 AM
Yeah Id kind of like to see another 18" Pred.

Blade3327
02-07-2010, 12:01 PM
Can't wait for these puppies! They'll go great with my NECA Giger Alien and Warrior Alien.
But this leaves one question... where the heck's my Doggy? I bet they'd do a MUCH better job than McF on that one.
Even their Wolf was better than any McF Pred I've seen. Seems they picked up the ball from where Todd dropped it.

tankman
02-07-2010, 01:53 PM
Can't wait for these puppies! They'll go great with my NECA Giger Alien and Warrior Alien.
But this leaves one question... where the heck's my Doggy? I bet they'd do a MUCH better job than McF on that one.
Even their Wolf was better than any McF Pred I've seen. Seems they picked up the ball from where Todd dropped it.

It's really easy to pick up the ball that's for sure. I'm hoping we get Alien 3 and give the fans a figure they should've gotten 7 years ago. Such a shame the guys at McFarlane didn't really care at all about film accurarte figures. I'm not a fan of the movie Alien 3 but Tom Woodruff himself told me it would make his day if we would make a new figure of it. Tom and Alec both were really unhappy with all the McFarlane figures of their work.
I'm looking at our new Predator figure right now and if China comes through on this figure fans that like film accurte figures will really enjoy this guy. As a huge fan myself this prototype is a dream come true for me. Maybe Alien 3 will happen. I'm hoping for the queen myself. Alien and Predators take forever to sculpt but in the end it's way worth it I think. They're just so freaking cool.

MaulFan
02-07-2010, 02:02 PM
You should have told Tom and Alec tough luck, you get crappy figures for walking away from Giger's original design :lol

Sabres21768
02-07-2010, 02:28 PM
It's really easy to pick up the ball that's for sure. I'm hoping we get Alien 3 and give the fans a figure they should've gotten 7 years ago. Such a shame the guys at McFarlane didn't really care at all about film accurarte figures. I'm not a fan of the movie Alien 3 but Tom Woodruff himself told me it would make his day if we would make a new figure of it. Tom and Alec both were really unhappy with all the McFarlane figures of their work.
I'm looking at our new Predator figure right now and if China comes through on this figure fans that like film accurte figures will really enjoy this guy. As a huge fan myself this prototype is a dream come true for me. Maybe Alien 3 will happen. I'm hoping for the queen myself. Alien and Predators take forever to sculpt but in the end it's way worth it I think. They're just so freaking cool.

Can you tell us what kind of articulation these will have?

Better than the Wolf Pred figure?

And I REALLY hope you guys can do an Alien 3 figure.
That would be great!

Johnny Utah
02-07-2010, 02:57 PM
Hey Kyle! Any more Terminator hints or news? All this Predator talk has left us Termie fans in the dark.

ps I think you guys are making the Runner Alien and the Queen...just being coy about it ;-)

Valfar
02-07-2010, 03:31 PM
Neca BladeRunner..please make it happend!.

abake
02-07-2010, 07:25 PM
Kyle, I'm sure your P1 pred will blow everything else away!
I know your passion for the character, and I know how long you've been waiting to sculpt it.

And I still have my fingers crossed for more aliens and a "DX" of your Giger Alien in 1/6 scale!

CelticPredator
02-07-2010, 07:29 PM
No. It wont blow the HT figure away. Nothing on this earth will ever blow it away.

:D

I love my P1 so much.

MaulFan
02-07-2010, 07:36 PM
The NECA P1 could best the HT figure visually because of the benefits of their different styles.

NECA figures are jointed in such a way, or even lack joints, that allow for a more accurrate body build and construction, where HT figures use full atriculated bodies and certain license is taken with parts to accommodate the ability to be articulated as it is.

I agree though, please don't articulate anymore Predators like the Wolf, Wolf was a sharp looking figure but the posability wasn't so great, and the actual chosen gesture was a bit strange.

I'm confident though, that in the right hands the P1 and P2 would be sculpted in a pose that's a fair representation of the creature from each film.

CelticPredator
02-07-2010, 07:39 PM
A Predator is a creature that is quite boring as a statue. Articulation is a must. Therefor, Hot Toys rules in that catagory.

MaulFan
02-07-2010, 07:45 PM
I disagree, the Sideshow Predator and Predator 2 dios look really nice. They key is, if you're going to be statuesque, you have to choose the right depiction.

I'd also add the Sideshow 1/4 and Cinemaquette Predators look great.

CelticPredator
02-07-2010, 08:03 PM
Well, since I hate statues, I would too disagree. I dont like people picking the poses for me, thankyouverymuch.

crazypredator2
02-07-2010, 08:04 PM
Tankman,
Is there going to be a Elder predator 2 made? and any 1/6 scale predators?

a-dev
02-07-2010, 09:07 PM
Wolf was a sharp looking figure but the posability wasn't so great, and the actual chosen gesture was a bit strange.

I can't remember if I have a Wolf figure. I know I have the mid-cloaking/decloaking version but I honestly can't recall whether I bought a normal version. My stuffs boxed away.

Valfar
02-07-2010, 09:17 PM
I have the unmasked Neca wolf predator, aside from the seam on the face(which does not bother me as much as it does for others) i think this figure is the best Predator figure made in this scale to date.The paint applications on it are pretty sharp and intricate for such a small figure.I am looking forward to Neca's next serving of Predators.

SOLIDSNAKE
02-07-2010, 09:24 PM
I will be all over this figures.
anything predator I will have.

tankman
02-07-2010, 09:27 PM
The NECA P1 could best the HT figure visually because of the benefits of their different styles.

NECA figures are jointed in such a way, or even lack joints, that allow for a more accurrate body build and construction, where HT figures use full atriculated bodies and certain license is taken with parts to accommodate the ability to be articulated as it is.

I agree though, please don't articulate anymore Predators like the Wolf, Wolf was a sharp looking figure but the posability wasn't so great, and the actual chosen gesture was a bit strange.

I'm confident though, that in the right hands the P1 and P2 would be sculpted in a pose that's a fair representation of the creature from each film.

The wolf was a good figure but the Predator 1 should be much better. If we can were going for a better articuated figure this time. HT's is a great figure for that but to me it should be a better sculpt. I own it and love it but the likeness isn't all that great. Aticulation on it rules and it's a way fun figure. Our prototype looks so nice and we want and hope we'll get to articulate the figure the way were planning too. The sculpt on this Predator took longer than my Alien and it's a better sculpt. I'm looking forward to seeing how HT's will handle the new Predators from the new movie. Maybe they'll give them a new body sculpt.

Sabres21768
02-07-2010, 09:30 PM
The wolf was a good figure but the Predator 1 should be much better. If we can were going for a better articuated figure this time. HT's is a great figure for that but to me it should be a better sculpt. I own it and love it but the likeness isn't all that great. Aticulation on it rules and it's a way fun figure. Our prototype looks so nice and we want and hope we'll get to articulate the figure the way were planning too. The sculpt on this Predator took longer than my Alien and it's a better sculpt. I'm looking forward to seeing how HT's will handle the new Predators from the new movie. Maybe they'll give them a new body sculpt.

Please no mid-bicep cuts or mid-thigh cuts.

Those are the worst articulation points ever!

tankman
02-07-2010, 09:36 PM
Tankman,
Is there going to be a Elder predator 2 made? and any 1/6 scale predators?

We'll see and for me the Elder is the best Predator ever. You can never get enough Predators in my book. It's been hard the last two months working on Predators but I think we'll make Predator fans real happy. One thing for sure is this, not one Predator figure out there has the backpack and gun accurate on any predator figures. Not Sideshow, CM or HT's. I think we nailed it at long last on this figure. I tried very hard to make it look like Kevin Peter Hall is back and ready for action.

tankman
02-07-2010, 09:40 PM
Please no mid-bicep cuts or mid-thigh cuts.

Those are the worst articulation points ever!

I hear that and how about a NECA Alien 3 way articulated? I hate the movie but want us to make the figure. The Queen first though. I'm hoping anyway now that the Predator is on his way.

tankman
02-07-2010, 09:43 PM
Well, since I hate statues, I would too disagree. I dont like people picking the poses for me, thankyouverymuch.

Really, I thought you were in love with the McFarlane Alien. I guess things change but sometimes that's a good thing.

abake
02-07-2010, 09:47 PM
We'll see and for me the Elder is the best Predator ever. You can never get enough Predators in my book. It's been hard the last two months working on Predators but I think we'll make Predator fans real happy. One thing for sure is this, not one Predator figure out there has the backpack and gun accurate on any predator figures. Not Sideshow, CM or HT's. I think we nailed it at long last on this figure. I tried very hard to make it look like Kevin Peter Hall is back and ready for action.

I'm a believer! :chew

abake
02-07-2010, 09:49 PM
I hear that and how about a NECA Alien 3 way articulated? I hate the movie but want us to make the figure. The Queen first though. I'm hoping anyway now that the Predator is on his way.

You know you have to make all the aliens, period!

prefused
02-07-2010, 10:01 PM
i don't care if they release 10 versions of the same damn figure again.
just for the love of god, no seams on the unmasked face. please. i'll beg if i have to.

and i've given up on hoping for 1:6 aliens from neca. which is a shame.
i'll have to be content with HT's overpriced half-assed approximations.

oh also, make ALL of the lost preds. easy way to reuse sculpts. just sayin.

a-dev
02-07-2010, 10:17 PM
Is Toyfair here yet?......
wake me up when Toyfair is here.....
I can't sleep..is Toyfair here yet?

CelticPredator
02-07-2010, 11:08 PM
Really, I thought you were in love with the McFarlane Alien. I guess things change but sometimes that's a good thing.

You can pose the McF alien really well....:confused:

You made it...you should know that. In fact, the McF Alien has more articulation then the Medicom Alien (or I should say, more movement...)

Sabres21768
02-07-2010, 11:56 PM

HELL YEAH! NECA ALIEN 3 FOR THE WIN!!

And I'm all for a Queen (if it's in scale :cool:)

But...I want an A3 first. :naughty

Devil_666
02-08-2010, 12:02 AM
Was there pics or something!? Because that thread (from the link) is deleted now. :(

CelticPredator
02-08-2010, 12:02 AM
I need to watch Alien 3 again. Great movie. Love seeing dead Hicks and Newt. :D

Kovach
02-08-2010, 12:14 AM
I've been checking this thread a couple times a day since posted... Man I am so hyped with this new figures we are getting, and I don't even know how they look :lol

I think in some level I am even more excited than with the announcement of HT P1, don't get me wrong, I love HT Predators (got Wolf, P2 and P1), but they are such expensive figures I HAVE to refrain myself from toying with them too much. With Neca's figures I know I can play with it all I want because if I break it I can just buy another one for a couple of bucks, plus they look awesome (recently fell in love again with my Neca Wolfy and have him on my desktop) :peace

Sooooooo hoping for a P2 Elder!!! :horror

Sabres21768
02-08-2010, 12:46 AM
Was there pics or something!? Because that thread (from the link) is deleted now. :(

UH OH! :confused::confused:

Johnny Utah
02-08-2010, 06:47 AM
I just hope NECA get that P1 helmet right, there's something about it in all previous version, it's like it has eyebrows over the eyes that make it look like it's in shock or surprised or something...it's hard to explain.

Here's hoping for the Alien 3 Alien at Toyfair and more Terminator goodness!

crazypredator2
02-08-2010, 01:37 PM
bring on the alien queen and elder predator 2 !

Devil_666
02-08-2010, 08:20 PM
UH OH! :confused::confused:

Yeah it says:

No Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

:confused:

crazypredator2
02-09-2010, 12:00 PM
when's toyfare ? so we can see the predator 1 and 2

Sabres21768
02-09-2010, 12:34 PM
when's toyfare ? so we can see the predator 1 and 2

February 14th-17th.

Very soon. :chew

crazypredator2
02-09-2010, 05:33 PM
February 14th-17th.

Very soon. :chew

thanks my friend.

tankman
02-10-2010, 02:06 PM
I just hope NECA get that P1 helmet right, there's something about it in all previous version, it's like it has eyebrows over the eyes that make it look like it's in shock or surprised or something...it's hard to explain.

Here's hoping for the Alien 3 Alien at Toyfair and more Terminator goodness!

Alien 3, wow lots of you guys want that one but how about the Queen?
I just finished the P1 mask last week and I feel really good about the way it looks. We're snowed in here in NJ but I'm still trying to finish some more kick ass Predator stuff. We've got 5 Predators going at this time and they all look so cool. Oh yeah Predators rule.
I do hope to get a shot at Alien 3. The McFarlane figure is a real joke.

prefused
02-10-2010, 02:21 PM
personally, i'd rather see someone get the dog alien right for once.
so far, kenner, tsukuda, mcfarlane and hot toys have all tried and failed so this is probably the last chance with the license.
the mcfarlane queen was decent and there's no way to top the halcyon/tsukuda posable kit on accuracy. so i can wait for another queen figure.

are there any plans in the near future for predator 2 lost preds? or am i gonna have to start repainting kenner figures.

Johnny Utah
02-10-2010, 02:22 PM
Any Terminator hints Kyle?

Hope to see you around the boards at Toyfair. I really really want the Queen...anything Cameron is great. Hoping it's an ace up NECA's sleeve this year. Keep up the fantastic work.

crazypredator2
02-10-2010, 02:39 PM
I just finished the P1 mask last week and I feel really good about the way it looks. We're snowed in here in NJ but I'm still trying to finish some more kick ass Predator stuff. We've got 5 Predators going at this time and they all look so cool. Oh yeah Predators rule.

I hope and pray predator 2 is one of the five.
and please bring on the Queen !
i hope you do the queen from the 16 ft. puppet and not the small one of her. she needs tendons going from the points of her crown to her jaws also, even mcfarlane got that small detail of her right, even if not hardly any of the rest.
TANKMAN YOU RULE !!!

Sabres21768
02-10-2010, 03:16 PM

Honestly...I'd rather have the Alien3 creature before the Queen.

I've been dying to see it done right. And I know you're the guy to do it.

hunabku_777
02-10-2010, 03:34 PM
All the fans we want an accurate and real QUEEN, it`s the best representation of the aliens movie, even more than the alien warrior I think, it was an impresive design that we still waiting have from your magic hands Kyle, we all know that mcfarlane`s queen design is only that, their own design. You can make a GREAT GREAT and very ACCURATE alien queen, specially the body structure and their face with that aliens mouths that you know how to make very very good!!!. The dog alien design is wonderful too, you are the spirit fans within neca`s company, you can make truth our dreams KYLE, thank you for all your beautiful work !

mmurrer
02-10-2010, 03:50 PM
Indeed the McF Dog Alien is a joke.

a-dev
02-10-2010, 04:23 PM
Well we want the dog alien very much but rest assured all or at least most of us would definitely buy the Queen. If it could come with the egg laying thing that'd be something else although I appreciate that that may not be possible.

Alien 3 does have a good fanbase here though it seems. I like that because the Special edition really improved the film. I found it believable as part of the same universe as Alien and Aliens. Not so with anything that followed.

MaulFan
02-10-2010, 04:27 PM
I'd love an Aleins Queen dio with a Queen figure that can be attached to the egg laying structure.

abake
02-10-2010, 04:38 PM
I would also like the dragon (A3 dog alien) before the Queen, but hey, as long as we're getting both from Kyle's magic hands all's cool! :D

MaulFan
02-10-2010, 04:55 PM
I have no Queen of any kind in my collection, so I'd like to change that, the Revoltech certainly looks promising.

tankman
02-10-2010, 04:56 PM
personally, i'd rather see someone get the dog alien right for once.
so far, kenner, tsukuda, mcfarlane and hot toys have all tried and failed so this is probably the last chance with the license.
the mcfarlane queen was decent and there's no way to top the halcyon/tsukuda posable kit on accuracy. so i can wait for another queen figure.

are there any plans in the near future for predator 2 lost preds? or am i gonna have to start repainting kenner figures.

I've owned the Halcyon kit for years and one thing is wrong on it. The detail is really soft and could be much more realistic. It's also a kit and not an actin figure. McFarlane Queen was a tough one for me at the time. I was told B team would sculpt it and us A team guys had to do the main thing. You know sports and all. Funny I sometimes wonder what Todd thinks as his company seems to be the Titanic and some of us got in the boats while we still had the chance too.
Both figures need to be made again and I hope we got a shot at it. If it's up to me we would do all the Predators in Predator 2. I was looking at the McFarlane Predator 2 the other day and couldn't help but think what a piece of crap. We all were at work the other day looking over the Mctoys 12 inch Predator and we all said it looked so sad really. Such a great thing to be done so half assed. I just hope we get China to pull through. Predator fan will be really happy and I'm a fan myself and can't wait. The Predator has been such a long wait that I can't really believe it's now in my past. Bring on the Queen.

tankman
02-10-2010, 05:00 PM
I hope and pray predator 2 is one of the five.
and please bring on the Queen !
i hope you do the queen from the 16 ft. puppet and not the small one of her. she needs tendons going from the points of her crown to her jaws also, even mcfarlane got that small detail of her right, even if not hardly any of the rest.
TANKMAN YOU RULE !!!

Thanks so much and I just want what you want most. Accurate Aliens and Predators that kick all kinds of butt. No way would I not use the 14 foot tall Queen. Halcyon seems to have used the small puppet. Detail isn't near as good as the 14 foot puppet.

tankman
02-10-2010, 05:04 PM
I have no Queen of any kind in my collection, so I'd like to change that, the Revoltech certainly looks promising.

I love what they are doing and can't wait to get the Alien. The Predator looks good but to me it looks kind of short. Maybe they'll fix it when they articulate it. Kevin Peter Halls body gave it such a great look and it's kind of hard to capture his look.

tankman
02-10-2010, 05:17 PM
Honestly...I'd rather have the Alien3 creature before the Queen.

I've been dying to see it done right. And I know you're the guy to do it.

I hear what you're saying but Aliens is a way more popular movie and I think places like TRU would maybe want it more. I've noticed that in our Hastings stores back home the Alien 3 figure seems to not sell when all the others go farther quickly. Alien 3 really isn't a popular movie like the first two are. I know for a fact Alien 3 McFarlane figure was the least popular figure of the line. With that I bet we would sell a lot of them and I hope we do it.

Johnny Utah
02-10-2010, 05:21 PM
Hey Kyle you're online now how about some hints on the new Englund Freddy from NECA? Will we ever see your version of the Kevin Yagher make-up? Can't wait to see new Terminator stuff!

tankman
02-10-2010, 05:28 PM
Hey Kyle you're online now how about some hints on the new Englund Freddy from NECA? Will we ever see your version of the Kevin Yagher make-up? Can't wait to see new Terminator stuff!

Freddy will be coming and we will do most of the different looks. It will be really cool. You'll see more Terminator stuff at Toy Fair. Wait and see.

a-dev
02-10-2010, 05:31 PM
Thanks for confirming that about Terminator stuff at Toyfair. Getting close now :banana

Johnny Utah
02-10-2010, 05:32 PM
Thanks for dropping by Kyle. It's always been so cool to have your input here from time to time. Can't wait to see your 2-ups at Toyfair.

a-dev
02-10-2010, 06:02 PM
What happens to those 2ups? I'd love to have the Man or Machine 2up from last year - the endo arm detail and gore was much better than it turned out on the 7" figure - one thing that did disappoint me, that and all the bent weapons.

Batfreak
02-10-2010, 06:10 PM
wait, new Terminator stuff???? really?? i mean, is it gonna be by Neca, like perhaps some new T-1000 or T1 figures??

MaulFan
02-10-2010, 06:35 PM
My guess is more Terminator 2.

Kyle can probably answer, did NECA have to deal with Arnold's likeness group in addition to the film license holders for Conan?

I just think unless NECA's done it before, I'm not sure they'll pursue the expense and effort of dealing with Arnold's people for their products, and what point is a T1 line without likenesses, even at 7" scale. If they did make the effort with Conan, I'm sure they'd do it with T1, I can't imagine there not being more Terminator collectors than Conan.

prefused
02-10-2010, 10:05 PM
What happens to those 2ups? I'd love to have the Man or Machine 2up from last year - the endo arm detail and gore was much better than it turned out on the 7" figure - one thing that did disappoint me, that and all the bent weapons.
the few mcfarlane 2ups i've seen on ebay sold for a couple thousand $$ a pop.

Ra88
02-11-2010, 03:49 PM
I had the McF Alien Queen for a while, and while it was really impressive, the stupid errors and weird footpegs just bothered me too much in the long run. If NECA can come through with making another Queen in similiar size but actually accurate, I will be a very, very happy camper indeed. :rock

crazypredator2
02-11-2010, 03:58 PM
long live the Queen !!

a-dev
02-11-2010, 05:41 PM
I had the McF Alien Queen

I think my McF queen had some discolouration last time I checked. I hate that.

crazypredator2
02-11-2010, 05:52 PM
i have my mcfarlane queen put away, i'm ashamed for anyone to know i have it and to see it..

Sachiel
02-11-2010, 08:44 PM
The McQueen-Rex

tankman
02-12-2010, 08:44 AM
i have my mcfarlane queen put away, i'm ashamed for anyone to know i have it and to see it..

Come on now, it's still a cool looking figure and most would think it's the Queen.

crazypredator2
02-12-2010, 08:46 AM
Come on now, it's still a cool looking figure and most would think it's the Queen.

yes, but i know how inaccurate she is, .
can't wait till neca release's their's.

Bezzerkerr
02-12-2010, 08:51 AM
I am excited to see the TOY FAIR photos.

T-1000 wouild be purrfect

P.
02-13-2010, 09:11 AM
NECA: New PREDATOR movie figures announced
deer mr. tankman.
as you work in NECA, i'd like to ask you something:
won't they have the same poor quality like previous neca aliens, when you need to get 2 or 3 figures to make one fully operational?
i have neca predalien and never met any problems with it, except weak leg joints.
but all alien 1 and alien 2 figures had glued joints and strangely bent heads.

another interesting question is technical: how will be the helmet function realised?
masked/unmasked versions (mouth closed/opened for unmasked) or like for HT predators?

and the third question is: if Predator 2 is made, will he be given a normal big and fat movie-like cannon or it will be the same small, plain strange thing like MF had and HT copied?

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w290/Tinkey-Vinkey/Aliens%20and%20Predators/Predator%202/p2_cannon_link.jpg

p.s. i hope their bodies will be fat narrow-shoulder predator bodies, not some starving superman figures with giraffe necks like HT preds.

tankman
02-13-2010, 11:08 AM
deer mr. tankman.
as you work in NECA, i'd like to ask you something:
won't they have the same poor quality like previous neca aliens, when you need to get 2 or 3 figures to make one fully operational?
i have neca predalien and never met any problems with it, except weak leg joints.
but all alien 1 and alien 2 figures had glued joints and strangely bent heads.

another interesting question is technical: how will be the helmet function realised?
masked/unmasked versions (mouth closed/opened for unmasked) or like for HT predators?

and the third question is: if Predator 2 is made, will he be given a normal big and fat movie-like cannon or it will be the same small, plain strange thing like MF had and HT copied?

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w290/Tinkey-Vinkey/Aliens%20and%20Predators/Predator%202/p2_cannon_link.jpg

p.s. i hope their bodies will be fat narrow-shoulder predator bodies, not some starving superman figures with giraffe necks like HT preds.

Will see and I would hope China would do what we pay them to do. You never really know what you'll get from them but I would hope the figure would be what we want from them but you never really know.
Finger crossed the Preds will be great and when we do our figure we try very much to make it film accurate. P2 needs that to happen very much. I think paying the money HT wants you to pay means they should try harder to make the figure more movie accurate. It's funny to me that so many like to do their take on these guys but fans realy want it to be accurate. Why not when something is so freaking cool.

crazypredator2
02-13-2010, 11:26 AM
Amen to that bro. Tankman!!

P.
02-13-2010, 11:39 AM
I think paying the money HT wants you to pay means they should try harder to make the figure more movie accurate.they have their high-detalisation which can never be achieved by small figures made of one piece...
but yes. it would be so cool to get screen accurate Winston predators at last on a shelf. without all those "hey we like any toy predators as they are, and there is no need to count dots on forehead".

ozzfan84
02-13-2010, 12:19 PM
Tankman, the new Bioshock figures ROCK! Did you have a hand in them?

Jaycepticon
02-13-2010, 05:01 PM
I'm surprised there hasn't been any sneak peaks yet

a-dev
02-13-2010, 05:43 PM
Yeah its an annoying wait. "Refresh"......"refresh"......"refresh".....etc

Ra88
02-13-2010, 05:56 PM
I think NECA is gonna put their stuff up for show tomorrow.

Bezzerkerr
02-13-2010, 06:03 PM
Tmrw is the day!!!

Furious1
02-13-2010, 06:15 PM
I'll probably be getting all of these...I need to get myself several of the Wolf figures that have already been released

MaulFan
02-13-2010, 06:24 PM
It'd be nice if there was a bit more variation between figures of the same Predator than Wolf had.

a-dev
02-13-2010, 06:38 PM
I think NECA is gonna put their stuff up for show tomorrow.

Yeah it would be tomorrow wouldn't it :rolleyes: Valentines Day when I won't be at home, all attention on the g/f!! Then working on monday. Typical. :banghead

tankman
02-13-2010, 09:53 PM
Tankman, the new Bioshock figures ROCK! Did you have a hand in them?

Thanks and yes I did have my hands on all of the Bio figures. I wasn't into them like the Predators but they still came out so nice.

prefused
02-14-2010, 01:39 AM
It'd be nice if there was a bit more variation between figures of the same Predator than Wolf had.
that would be cool, but i'm expecting the wolf business all over again. hopefully without the face seams.
so, they'll put out like 5 of the same sculpt with a couple different heads/paintapps/accessories and i'll end up buying maybe one.

it works pretty well for aliens but as predators go it just annoys me.
there's no need for more than 2 (normal, cloked) predator figures total.
at least make one of them a boxed set with dutch and some skinned bodies or something.

Slipfilth321
02-14-2010, 01:55 AM
I just hope they do P2 right and 12 inch tall.

Jaycepticon
02-14-2010, 10:33 AM
:tap :monkey1

MaulFan
02-14-2010, 11:10 AM
Ta-daaaaa!!!! Thanks to Cool Toy Review.

http://www.cooltoyreview.com/TF2010/NECAgames/IMG_2686.JPG

http://www.cooltoyreview.com/TF2010/NECAgames/IMG_2685.JPG

I hope this means Predator just has 3 swappable heads and not 3 variants to get them all.

Slipfilth321
02-14-2010, 11:12 AM
HOLY S***** They Looks amazing :banana

MaulFan
02-14-2010, 11:13 AM
http://www.cooltoyreview.com/TF2010/NECAgames/IMG_2684.JPG

Spanbauer
02-14-2010, 11:18 AM

I hope this means Predator just has 3 swappable heads and not 3 variants to get them all.
Are those statues or action figures? I don't see any joints.

MaulFan
02-14-2010, 11:19 AM
They're 12" sculptures that'll be scaled down to make 7" figures.

Ra88
02-14-2010, 11:19 AM
DAYUMN. Now that is freaking incredible! Probably proto's because of the lack of articulation, but I hope the final 12 inch figures will be that nice!

MaulFan
02-14-2010, 11:22 AM
That's if there are 12" figures, with Alien and Aliens there was only 7" and 18".

Jaycepticon
02-14-2010, 11:24 AM
I really hope all the details will translate well once shrunken down, but as of right now, :eek Talk about exceeding expectations...

crazypredator2
02-14-2010, 11:39 AM
neca has out done, sideshow, hot toys, and steve wang, tankman is truly the Predator King !!!

Ra88
02-14-2010, 12:00 PM
neca has out done, sideshow, hot toys, and steve wang, tankman is truly the Predator King !!!

Prototypes always look amazing; I'm gonna wait for actual product pics. But they sure as hell are on the right track. :rock

tankman
02-14-2010, 12:01 PM

Heck yeah, I tried very much to make this figure be Kevin Peter hall's Predator. It took a very look time and the elder isn't finished yet. The hands, gauntlet and dreads still need finishing and I'm hoping to get is all wrapped up this week. Fun to see this is happing at long last. Fingers crossed China will do a great job.

Spanbauer
02-14-2010, 12:01 PM
They're 12" sculptures that'll be scaled down to make 7" figures.
Ah, well nevermind then. NECA's guys should teach Hot Toys' guys a little something about proportions though, because they nailed it in that department.

MaulFan
02-14-2010, 12:03 PM
Very nice work Kyle, and the proto painters did a great job too. Do you know how the 3 heads will be released, if it's going to be 3 heads with one figure or 3 heads over a few figures and they just have the heads on display because there's only one body right now?

MaulFan
02-14-2010, 12:05 PM
http://www.cooltoyreview.com/TF2010/NECA/IMG_7822.JPG

http://www.cooltoyreview.com/TF2010/NECA/IMG_7824.JPG

http://www.cooltoyreview.com/TF2010/NECA/IMG_7826.JPG

http://www.cooltoyreview.com/TF2010/NECA/IMG_7827.JPG

http://www.cooltoyreview.com/TF2010/NECA/IMG_7828.JPG

http://www.cooltoyreview.com/TF2010/NECA/IMG_7831.JPG

http://www.cooltoyreview.com/TF2010/NECA/IMG_7832.JPG

http://www.cooltoyreview.com/TF2010/NECA/IMG_7833.JPG

tankman
02-14-2010, 12:06 PM
Very nice work Kyle, and the proto painters did a great job too. Do you know how the 3 heads will be released, if it's going to be 3 heads with one figure or 3 heads over a few figures and they just have the heads on display because there's only one body right now?

I think you can guess at this one and you know the answer. We'll have some neat things still to come later. Should be real cool.

MaulFan
02-14-2010, 12:10 PM
Yeah, just being hopeful :) Glad to see the Elder done, to much regret, I never got the Hot Toys one but I've really come to like the look over time and would like a nice representation in my collection.

tankman
02-14-2010, 12:15 PM
Yeah, just being hopeful :) Glad to see the Elder done, to much regret, I never got the Hot Toys one but I've really come to like the look over time and would like a nice representation in my collection.

I never got it either but wish now I did. I kept from getting the HT Predators because it aways got me how skinny they are. I went ahead and got the P1 and ended up loving the figure. Yeah it would be nice if HT did the body more accurate but still it's such a fun figure.

MaulFan
02-14-2010, 12:19 PM
I never got it either but wish now I did. I kept from getting the HT Predators because it aways got me how skinny they are. I went ahead and got the P1 and ended up loving the figure. Yeah it would be nice if HT did the body more accurate but still it's such a fun figure.

That's why I collect NECA and Hot Toys. NECA's good for representation because the figures are more about sculpt than function, Hot Toys is nice because they offer some pretty solid sculpts and costumes while also giving a very versatile posable piece.

Johnny Utah
02-14-2010, 12:25 PM
Hey Kyle!

Just a few quick questions:

1.Will you guys be showing the main Predator from Predator 2 at Toyfair?

2.The T-1000 looks great. Any word on a motorcycle cop version?

3.Any new Alien news?

crazypredator2
02-14-2010, 12:29 PM
please tell me there will be a 1/6 scale elder predator 2. tankman.

Furious1
02-14-2010, 12:38 PM
You guys should really just sell what you have shown here. No need to shrink em down.

Bezzerkerr
02-14-2010, 12:40 PM

I can't believe my eyes. TANKMAN, you NAILED it dude. seriously knocked it outta the park.

TANKMAN,

are we gonna see these Predators in 1/6 - 12"-13" scale?

Furious1
02-14-2010, 12:43 PM
Yes, the P1 sculpt is unbelievable. The Elder isnt quite as nice, but still outstanding. I'll be buying every version.

crazypredator2
02-14-2010, 12:43 PM
how about a trophy wall base boxset for the elder and lost predators? that would be so kool. and a egg sack base for the Queen Alien.

tankman
02-14-2010, 12:44 PM
Hey Kyle!

Just a few quick questions:

1.Will you guys be showing the main Predator from Predator 2 at Toyfair?

2.The T-1000 looks great. Any word on a motorcycle cop version?

3.Any new Alien news?

P2 hasn't been sculpted yet and I hope to start it soon.

Hopefully you'll get more later.

Hopefully more Alien stuff to still come later.

Johnny Utah
02-14-2010, 12:46 PM
Sorry to be picky but do you mean later this Toyfair or this year? Are you guys spacing out your reveals over the next few days?

tankman
02-14-2010, 12:47 PM
how about a trophy wall base boxset for the elder and lost predators? that would be so kool. and a egg sack base for the Queen Alien.

6 years ago maybe and it would be great but the cost would make it a big if.

tankman
02-14-2010, 12:49 PM

I can't believe my eyes. TANKMAN, you NAILED it dude. seriously knocked it outta the park.

TANKMAN,

are we gonna see these Predators in 1/6 - 12"-13" scale?

Thanks so much and I would hope to see these guys in the larger scale.

prefused
02-14-2010, 12:50 PM
Heck yeah, I tried very much to make this figure be Kevin Peter hall's Predator. It took a very look time and the elder isn't finished yet. The hands, gauntlet and dreads still need finishing and I'm hoping to get is all wrapped up this week. Fun to see this is happing at long last. Fingers crossed China will do a great job.
you even got the elder's accessories right. AND the armor.
the ht version was missing all kinds of stuff and you nailed it.
i can't wait to see the finished products. i just wish they were 1:6.

oh and MORE P2 LOST PREDS.

abake
02-14-2010, 12:51 PM
Ah, finally!
Effing beautiful work Kyle! As I said to you earlier, this is the first time I feel like I'm looking at KPH as the predator. Truly remarkable work.
I too hope these get made in 1/6 scale! Besides, you just know that if these are made in 1/6 you'll have to re-release the aliens in 1/6 as well :D

Congratulations man, I know how much you care about these characters and how much research and work goes into them. It paid off!

Ra88
02-14-2010, 12:54 PM
I'm really hoping China will come through with these, and that we'll get 7 inch, 12 inch and 18 inch figures. :rock

Johnny Utah
02-14-2010, 12:58 PM
Ok so the City Hunter hasn't been sculpted yet. The Elder was easy to have ready since John Rosengrant himself says he is basically the P1 Predator resprayed and redressed. Kyle, you have truly outdone yourself here. You have actually topped Hot Toys, Sideshow and even Steve Wang, who worked on the film!

Platty
02-14-2010, 01:00 PM
Great work Kyle!

Restaurajones
02-14-2010, 01:00 PM

Congrats man! these predators are the best looking to date. I see great sculptors in Neca stuff once more. The 18" version would be a dream comes true:horror

MaulFan
02-14-2010, 01:01 PM
If they do P1 at 18" I'll definitely get it, I gave up on the Alien at that size because of weight issues, it's such a top heavy creature, but this Predator should stand fine all on its own.

a-dev
02-14-2010, 01:04 PM
An Elder Predator! Wasn't expecting that. This'll be my first.

Predator figures have really come on since the McFarlane days - I'd buy these for those dreadlocks alone!!

Nice to see 3 unique P1 headsculpts! I just hope I can get them all and that the quality evident here, and on the T-1000, translates down to the 7"ers. I foresee buying 2 of each of these predators just because, maybe 2 of each P1 variant.

MaulFan
02-14-2010, 01:06 PM
The quality will without question drop on the 7" figures, I'm sure they'll be great 7" figures but they'll never be like these 2 ups.

This was the semi-BD 2 up head, and look at what shipped in the 7" scale.

http://www.cooltoyreview.com/TF2010/NECA/IMG_7802.JPG

dcflake
02-14-2010, 01:08 PM
IS that just the paint of did they change the expresion?

Mine looks plain relaxed face but that has quite a squint on it.

MaulFan
02-14-2010, 01:12 PM
No idea just what happened, but bottom line, NECA's 7" figures don't equal the 2 ups and I think people should understand and be aware of that before they expect to buy 7" Predators and have them look like these display models.

prefused
02-14-2010, 01:13 PM
No idea just what happened, but bottom line, NECA's 7" figures don't equal the 2 ups and I think people should understand and be aware of that before they expect to buy 7" Predators and have them look like these display models.
solution - make 1:6 figures.

just sayin'.

Johnny Utah
02-14-2010, 01:15 PM

Do you mean in the next few days or throughout the year? Are you guys spacing out the reveals at Toyfair?

MaulFan
02-14-2010, 01:16 PM
solution - make 1:6 figures.

Even their 12" figures don't look as good as the 12 inch prototypes, it's like Sideshow, the proto painters do much nicer work than the factory guys. The 12" versions look better than the 7", but these 2 ups set the bar real high and I haven't seen a production figure meet that bar.

dcflake
02-14-2010, 01:17 PM

I thought the released terminator figures whre brilliant. Excellent paint and likeness for £10-£15. Still excited from these I don't expect them to be quite as good as the proto 2ups but thats the same with most companies in this price range.

PredatorFreak13
02-14-2010, 01:18 PM
Those look amazing! Great work Tankman!

MaulFan
02-14-2010, 01:18 PM
I thought the released terminator figures whre brilliant. Excellent paint and likeness for £10-£15. Still excited from these I don't expect them to be quite as good as the proto 2ups but thats the same with most companies in this price range.

That's exactly what I'm saying, they'll turn out nice, I love the T2 figures, but people shouldn't get hopes up for them to look just as nice as these 2 ups is all.

azurepred
02-14-2010, 01:20 PM
Thanks so much and I would hope to see these guys in the larger scale.

me too, i think if these were sold like sculptures, i would be interested, 7in tall.........not so much :angelsmil

egoing
02-14-2010, 01:23 PM
We are already aware of the quality. Kyle has said numerous times that it depends on what they get back from China. Still it's a fantastic base sculpt, even if China screws up the paint. I could conceivable commission someone to repaint the figure.

crazypredator2
02-14-2010, 01:38 PM
6 years ago maybe and it would be great but the cost would make it a big if.

we buy hot toys and sideshow, so most of us collectors are willing to pay a higher price. to get what we have wanted to see made such a long, long time.i hope to at least see 1/6 scale predators from these great figures.

MaulFan
02-14-2010, 01:42 PM
Problem is, NECA relies on high and and low end collectors and I'm sure some things will strike them as not worth the expense to make because they won't recoup enough in sales. A lot of die hards and serious collectors might by a trophy wall diorama, but the casual teenage kid walking into a comic shop or places like that who'd pick up a cool creature figure for $10-$15 probably wouldnt' care about a diorama that costs $25 or more.

elämän merimies
02-14-2010, 01:48 PM
http://www.cooltoyreview.com/TF2010/NECA/IMG_7832.JPG http://www.cooltoyreview.com/TF2010/NECA/IMG_7833.JPG

Looking good even for an "Ugly Mother ____er"! Both of the NECA heads look outstanding :rock These really need to come out in 1/6th scale. Really nice sculpts, hope the paintjob will be good too...
Doesen't really matter what I think, but comparing to these even the HT sculpt kinda looks a bit silly now? but I was always a bit dissappointed with it anyways...

prefused
02-14-2010, 01:59 PM
Problem is, NECA relies on high and and low end collectors and I'm sure some things will strike them as not worth the expense to make because they won't recoup enough in sales. A lot of die hards and serious collectors might by a trophy wall diorama, but the casual teenage kid walking into a comic shop or places like that who'd pick up a cool creature figure for $10-$15 probably wouldnt' care about a diorama that costs $25 or more.
i seem to recall paying $40+ for a certain Hellraiser boxed set that came with a sweet diorama made by a certain toy company...

no reason that can't be a box full of predators with a trophy wall. i'd pay way more for that.

playafree
02-14-2010, 02:02 PM
wow! Elder? That is a nice piece to add to the collection. I love them. The alternate heads is a nice touch as well... I'm buying multiples of each :)

MaulFan
02-14-2010, 02:02 PM
And I paid for NECA's Halloween diorama set, but those also came out at different economic times and may still not have been as successful as lone figures, and those were earlier in NECA's lifetime. The closest I can think of in recent years is the Michael Myers 2pack.

CelticPredator
02-14-2010, 02:06 PM
Oooh! Very nice! Very nice indeed!

I still like the HT Preds overall, due to the articulation, and cloth parts. But the NECA heads are significantly better. Awesome job kyle!

crazypredator2
02-14-2010, 02:10 PM
i seem to recall paying $40+ for a certain Hellraiser boxed set that came with a sweet diorama made by a certain toy company...

no reason that can't be a box full of predators with a trophy wall. i'd pay way more for that.

if neca had to ,they could sell the trophy wall separate without predator figures, or as a internet store exclusive box set. it would sell.

Sabres21768
02-14-2010, 02:14 PM
you even got the elder's accessories right. AND the armor.
the ht version was missing all kinds of stuff and you nailed it.
i can't wait to see the finished products. i just wish they were 1:6.

oh and MORE P2 LOST PREDS.

Actually, the Elder's armor isn't quite right.

The plasma caster is missing the laser sight on top of it.

abake
02-14-2010, 02:36 PM
I've always said that NECA could do a high-er end line of figures.
Make them in 1/6 scale where the high end part of the business is nowadays, get better factories for the paint apps and QC issues, make fancier collector-friendly packaging, add some kind of base with a plaque and you're all set.
Sculpt-wise they have the quality, so I'm sure we would all pay more for better paint apps and better overall packaging and presentation.

That's one idea, the other possibility is to offer their best-sellers as a limited run of statues. Again, get much better factories dealing with the paint apps and make some awesome packaging and cool bases and you could charge a lot of money for them, provided you could get prototype level paint apps.

prefused
02-14-2010, 02:42 PM
Actually, the Elder's armor isn't quite right.

The plasma caster is missing the laser sight on top of it.
yeah i know. it's such a prominent aspect too. it's basically the 1st thing you see of the character.
but at least kyle's cannon isn't all smooshed up next to the head like the ht figure.
plus, it's actually the right color.

P.
02-14-2010, 03:17 PM
dear mr. tankman.
this is all very cool, really nice preds, but please pay attention that Grayback's armor is not just a copy of P1 armor.
it has another right wristblade (partly from P2), and it has totally another heaps-and-pants area.
and it has no shoes.
please do not repeat the HT mistakes if you already decided to make movie-like predators. they did all of them except the genitals area armor.

Sabres21768
02-14-2010, 03:19 PM
dear mr. tankman.
this is all very cool, really nice preds, but please pay attention that Grayback's armor is not just a copy of P1 armor.
it has another right wristblade (partly from P2), and it has totally another heaps-and-pants area.
and it has no shoes.
please do not repeat the HT mistakes if you already decided to make movie-like predators. they did all of them except the genitals area armor.

What are you talking about?

Another right wrist blade?

Pic please.

MaulFan
02-14-2010, 03:23 PM
dear mr. tankman.
and it has no shoes.

In some ways, the Elder may have to be made from P1 parts, since they're so similar. NECA often recycles parts to save on production costs, so anywhere that can be reused between P1 and P2 Elder without being glaringly innaccurrate will likely be reused to save money. They're $15 figures, they get great work but certain liberties are taken because they are still a bit low end.

A.L.I.E.N
02-14-2010, 04:02 PM
Predator 2 Elder :rock Been wanting one for ever! Now can have a 12" one :borg

CelticPredator
02-14-2010, 04:04 PM
No you cant. They arent making a 12 inch one. You'll get a 7 inch one. Or a 18 inch one.

MaulFan
02-14-2010, 04:06 PM
Predator 2 Elder :rock Been wanting one for ever! Now can have a 12" one :borg

At the moment, it's just a 12" prototype to make the 7" figures from. NECA may release it as 12", but if any Predator is released 12" it'll be the P1 first as that'd be the better seller to the broad market.

CelticPredator
02-14-2010, 04:07 PM
And it probably wont be in scale.

MaulFan
02-14-2010, 04:09 PM
Agreed, I think Aliens and Predators would turn out to be 12" and not 1/6.

A.L.I.E.N
02-14-2010, 04:09 PM
Whatever guys 18" will rock :borg

MaulFan
02-14-2010, 04:14 PM
There isn't even certainty of an 18" Elder, right now, 7" is all you can really count on, just be aware.

CelticPredator
02-14-2010, 04:18 PM
And your sig is too damn BIG!

crazypredator2
02-14-2010, 04:35 PM
i think a 12 inch elder would sell as good as a 12 inch predator,
because so many missed getting the hot toys elder p2.

Kuzeh
02-14-2010, 04:40 PM
Holy Cow,
Preds look amazing!!! Great work NECA!!
:rock!

915stag51
02-14-2010, 04:47 PM
These look awesome, that closed mouth P1 is an awesome sculpt....WOW!!!!

Jaycepticon
02-14-2010, 04:47 PM

As picky as collectors are, I doubt they'd run into stores to buy a 12" Neca Elder Pred if it's not gonna "match" their HT Pred's. Plus, these are only for 7" figs at the moment, it's funny to see people work themselves up for 12", 18", and dio's already:lol

Sabres21768
02-14-2010, 04:52 PM
...it's funny to see people work themselves up for 12", 18", and dio's already:lol

I agree COMPLETELY.

People are going to whine and moan if they're 12" or 18" just because they don't fit with their Hot Toys figures.

Which is really ridiculous.

MaulFan
02-14-2010, 04:55 PM

The problem with that is, a lot of the same type of folks who'd want the HT Elder and don't have also turn their nose up at the idea of NECA figures that they can't be in their collections with HT figures. There will be some, like myself, who would like a 12" Elder to compensate for the HT one, but I'm not sure there's enough customers to justify NECAs expense producing the figure. Die hards know the Elder and would want it, but NECA's products cater to die hards and casual fans alike and casual fans will think the Elder's like an inferior P1 variant or something and won't even know who he is, and once the die hards have bought theres, NECA could be left with too many unsold units. It's game of estimating demand for certain things, and with NECA knowing Hot Toys has already made 12" sized P1 and P2 Elder, who knows if they'll do either, they might think neither of them are worth making because someone else already has. We'll just have to wait and see. At least we'll be getting both of these at 7".

As picky as collectors are, I doubt they'd run into stores to buy a 12" Neca Elder Pred if it's not gonna "match" their HT Pred's. Plus, these are only for 7" figs at the moment, it's funny to see people work themselves up for 12", 18", and dio's already:lol

That's the problem with Toy Fair, even though it gets online press, it's really an industry show, so companies like NECA only have 12" 2 ups on display because the rest of the industry gets how they work and knows those will be converted into NECA's standard 7" format, but without that being made clear when photos are posted from the show, it leads people to think that 12" versions are going to be made.

crazypredator2
02-14-2010, 05:16 PM
i'm just hoping,who knows it's possible they mite make them.
they would go so well with my neca 12 inch terminators.if not, i will settle for the 7 inch one's.and still be thankful and happy , what we did get from neca.

Reinhardt
02-14-2010, 05:45 PM
Those look incredible! Now only if the paint will translate to the production piece. So Tankman, will these figures come with the netting sculpted, or actual netting like the pics?? LOVE the netting.

Batfreak
02-14-2010, 05:52 PM
so they are only making a predator 1 pred in 7" and no other human figures right? thats pretty much what i expected. but i cant tell, does the predator look like its got arm articulation like neca's terminator figures have? like with the ball jointed arms and elbows? they kinda look like it.

also, how many predator 1 preds are they making, 1 or 2?

MaulFan
02-14-2010, 06:00 PM
Nothing is really known for sure other than getting at least 1 Predator 1 figure at 7" scale and the P2 Elder. There's a good chance there'll be 3 Predator 1 figures, a figure for each of the heads on display and different bodies and accessories for each. There could be 12" or 18" versions, but until they're announced, there's no telling.

Batfreak
02-14-2010, 06:06 PM
oooh i see, i didnt even notice that was a predator 2 pred, but the pistol gave it away. well i only hope we get at the very least a predator 1 pred with the mask on. but more then likely it will be predator 1 figure with 2 heads, like the final battle T-800 figure. maybe one head wont make it to production.

MaulFan
02-14-2010, 06:08 PM
We'll get all 3 heads, but split over at least 2 figures.

Batfreak
02-14-2010, 06:10 PM
is that what they said or is that just a guess?

MaulFan
02-14-2010, 06:15 PM
Guess, based on hint from tankman the sculptor.

My guess is, 1 Predator 1 with bio, and 1 Predator with roaring and non-roaring bio-less heads. Could be even more. I'd love for one of the Predator 1 figures to come with a hanging carcass, but doubt they'll do it.

MaulFan
02-14-2010, 06:20 PM
Photos from Toy News International TF coverage.

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/albums/2010_Toy_Fair/NECA//IMG_1264.jpg ("http://i.toynewsi.com/g/albums/2010_Toy_Fair/NECA//IMG_1264.jpg)

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/albums/2010_Toy_Fair/NECA//IMG_1265.jpg

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/albums/2010_Toy_Fair/NECA//IMG_1268.jpg

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/albums/2010_Toy_Fair/NECA//IMG_1270.jpg

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/albums/2010_Toy_Fair/NECA//IMG_1274.jpg

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/albums/2010_Toy_Fair/NECA//IMG_1275.jpg

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/albums/2010_Toy_Fair/NECA//IMG_1276.jpg

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/albums/2010_Toy_Fair/NECA//IMG_1277.jpg

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/albums/2010_Toy_Fair/NECA//IMG_1278.jpg

Batfreak
02-14-2010, 06:25 PM
pics arent working! just x's!

MaulFan
02-14-2010, 06:34 PM
http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=album&album=2010_Toy_Fair%2FNECA%2F&start=20

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=album&album=2010_Toy_Fair%2FNECA%2F&start=40

SilentSurfer
02-14-2010, 06:36 PM
Way to go NECA. The first company to paint both sets of armor correctly. My only problem with them is the Elder's right gauntlet is still wrong. It should have the P2 blade box on it and no straps. But major props for including the sheath and bones on it.

Why the hell can NECA not release these in exactly the scale they are showing them in???!!! Amazing sculpts, real netting, and I would totally bash my HT P1 with these P1 heads. I still hate sculpted quills though.

crazypredator2
02-14-2010, 07:00 PM
Way to go NECA. The first company to paint both sets of armor correctly. My only problem with them is the Elder's right gauntlet is still wrong. It should have the P2 blade box on it and no straps. But major props for including the sheath and bones on it.

Why the hell can NECA not release these in exactly the scale they are showing them in???!!! Amazing sculpts, real netting, and I would totally bash my HT P1 with these P1 heads. I still hate sculpted quills though.

tankman stated he is still working on elders gauntlet, dreads, and hands,
these are on him for toyfair so they can go ahead and show elder., tankman isn't finished with elder
yet.said he should finish up this week.

ArmoredFoe
02-14-2010, 07:00 PM
damn, those look really good. I hope there 18 inch...at the least 12 inch. Im so impressed with both of them.

toyrewind
02-14-2010, 07:33 PM
Wow! Hadn't noticed it before but they have real body nets. I wonder if the final version will have that too. If NECA releases a 12" or an 18" I hope it does. :)

Kovach
02-14-2010, 07:56 PM
Wow, just WOW!!!!!!

I knew these would be good but this is FREAKIN' HEAVEN.

I am going to get all variants. This look unbelievable. Can I say that they look miles better than Hot Toys? :monkey3

Here's hoping for a 12'' of the Elder. :joy

Lotus
02-14-2010, 08:45 PM
Wow, just WOW!!!!!!

I knew these would be good but this is FREAKIN' HEAVEN.

I am going to get all variants. This look unbelievable. Can I say that they look miles better than Hot Toys? :monkey3

Here's hoping for a 12'' of the Elder. :joy

Their head sculpt are make me feel smiliar HT.....
Else,those are really goods!!i do get them and wishes to have more Lost Predators but don hope too much variant :D:D

CelticPredator
02-14-2010, 09:18 PM
Their head sculpt are make me feel smiliar HT.....
Else,those are really goods!!i do get them and wishes to have more Lost Predators but don hope too much variant :D:D

:lol:

plasmid303
02-14-2010, 09:49 PM
Wow. I wasn't anticipating how awesome those would look. Totally blindsided.

twistedfreak
02-14-2010, 09:53 PM
Wow. Looks like I'll be buying some NECA stuff.

Sabres21768
02-14-2010, 10:21 PM
Some info that's been released about these figs...

"Predators

* NECA will be making several different Predators based on the aptly titled film. (Unfortunatelly no samples were revealed since details about the film have not yet been released)

Predator

* There will be three different versions of the original Predator figure (masked, unmasked with open mandibles and unmasked with closed mandibles)
These figures will feature a ball-jointed neck, shoulders, elbows, ankles, knees plus a V crotch and swivel thighs. Release Date: TBA

Predator 2

* The Elder Predator figure was also on display but featured a non-finalized head sculpt. This figure will feature the same articulation as the original Predator but features alternate weapons and accesories. Release Date: TBA"

Here are a few more pics...

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f291/sabres21768/other10/necapred11.jpg
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f291/sabres21768/other10/necapred12.jpg
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f291/sabres21768/other10/necapred13.jpg
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f291/sabres21768/other10/necapred14.jpg
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f291/sabres21768/other10/necapred15.jpg

toyrewind
02-14-2010, 10:57 PM
what's TBA? Is it "To Be Announced"?

Jaycepticon
02-14-2010, 11:03 PM
what's TBA? Is it "To Be Announced"?

yep, hopefully it'll be soon but I'm hoping for at least, a summer release

Blade3327
02-14-2010, 11:30 PM
SICK PREDATORS! Love 'em. Wish they wouldn't sell multiples (interchangeable heads, people -- ya did it with New Nightmare Freddy, why not here?), so I'll just buy one of each Pred.

Love that they'll be in 9" scale, as they'll go great with my Alien and Aliens Warrior (both from NECA). Amazing job on these puppies!

CelticPredator
02-14-2010, 11:31 PM
Are you that one dude I was talkin too on Spook?

Blade3327
02-14-2010, 11:36 PM
Are you that one dude I was talkin too on Spook?

Quoting lines from Alien? Hell yeah, I was :lol .

BTW, I just had a thought. These won't really be 7" -- they'll be around 8" or 9" (think their Alien figs, like I said). Personally I'm psyched, since I doubt I'd get any 12" NECA Preds when I already have the HT P1 and P2 Battle-Damaged.
They'd be cheap enough for me to buy 'em ALL!

elämän merimies
02-15-2010, 12:04 AM
Pics: www.figures.com

http://toyfair2010.figures.com/data/562/DSCF1424.JPG http://toyfair2010.figures.com/data/562/DSCF1416.JPG

Nice proportions on the P1 body. Really hoping to see this in 1/6th scale. With proper paint apps this might overall look better than HT P1. Hope the articulation wont spoil it...

EDIT - -
I was just comparing the NECA and Hot Toys sculpts side by side and thought I might as well post these here also:
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/tt283/kurja-kari/comparison1.jpg
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/tt283/kurja-kari/comparison2.jpg
This is kinda making me think of a possible Hot Toys Predator1 DX all over again...

Agen
02-15-2010, 12:19 AM
Very impressive! One of the best Predator figure :rock

HottoyzJoker
02-15-2010, 01:02 AM
I see a Neca Predator standing next to my Hottoys Predator with pride the Neca paint job looks a lot better too... Yeah you heard what I just said... Neca is hitting the ball out of the park... Im digging there T2 Line as well...

CelticPredator
02-15-2010, 01:03 AM
Neca has the best head. Hands down. But...I love the HT figure overall.

toyrewind
02-15-2010, 01:04 AM
It really beats the HT sculpt by far.

nicky
02-15-2010, 01:29 AM
Love the poses but not to keen on Elder's paint-job in particular his pale Great White shark-like skin. I pray for human figs too.