Mindstyle Black Hole Maximilian

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Runawaybrain

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Was just announced ont he mindstyle.com/blog today. I love my V.I.N.Cent, and can't wait for the Maximillian to go up on pre-order. Anyone else?

Re: Mindstyle Balck Hole Maximillian

Here's a pic:

The-Black-Hole.jpg

This is really sweet but since I missed out on the regular V.I.N.cent, I'll be passing.

Huh...not really impressed based on that pic. Maybe it's just the lighting but it seems like it's too dark in some places, too light in some. Guess we'll see what the final production piece looks like.

John

It really doesn't even seem in the same league as the VINcent, which is truly a work of art. Is it a different scale? The sculpting seems a little soft but it could be the terrible paint job.

I bet it will be a different scale, otherwise Max would be pretty big.

That and as Mindstyle goes, I'm sure this is a few months off which means this is a pre-pro shot...I'll wait for the final product

Has there been any updates on this piece. Vincent was huge in person. I really want to see this in person. It was announced in January, but I don't think it was even at SDCC, was it?

I've come to realize Mindstyle is a whole lot of promises without much delivery. Look at all of their announced products, and look at what has actually come out. Hardly any... Products revealed 2 years ago are 'still in development'

I wouldn't hold my breath.

I've come to realize Mindstyle is a whole lot of promises without much delivery. Look at all of their announced products, and look at what has actually come out. Hardly any... Products revealed 2 years ago are 'still in development'

:lecture
They showed amazing prototypes for Dark Crystal that never saw the light of day, that's exactly why I didn't purchase V.I.N.CENT, because there was no B.O.B. or Maximilian...
SInce it's getting a reboot just like Tron, I'll wait for other offers...

They showed amazing prototypes for Dark Crystal that never saw the light of day, that's exactly why I didn't purchase V.I.N.CENT, because there was no B.O.B. or Maximilian...

MINDstyles is exactly that, all talk. While I am stoked that even 2 Dark Crystal pieces were made (and were fantastic), the piece I really wanted was the Skeksis Castle. It would have been epic but will never see the light of day. The same will probably be said for Maximillian. I finally got a great deal on a V.I.N.CENT and it's amazing from sculpt to paint to packaging so I'm happy for that but it definitely is sad. MINDstyles was also supposed to have a Fraggles line but that hasn't been seen either. Soooo annoying...

Sad news and speculation regarding this dream piece. Well, all my hopes are now on Sideshow's Disney license to one day visit the classic Black Hole.

I do still have the old MPC plastic kits of Max and Vinny, but I hate working with plastic kits. Having to erase all the seam lines and mold flash is just too much a pain to be worth it. Especially on robots, cause if you sand them just a bit too much, your clean lines end up with too much character.

MINDstyles is exactly that, all talk. While I am stoked that even 2 Dark Crystal pieces were made (and were fantastic), the piece I really wanted was the Skeksis Castle. It would have been epic but will never see the light of day. The same will probably be said for Maximillian. I finally got a great deal on a V.I.N.CENT and it's amazing from sculpt to paint to packaging so I'm happy for that but it definitely is sad. MINDstyles was also supposed to have a Fraggles line but that hasn't been seen either. Soooo annoying...

Totally. It's sad. I pre-ordered the Chernabog vinyl at D23 after they assured me it was only a month or 2 away from distribution. This was September 2009. I would e-mail them every 2 months asking what the status was. Finally, in October 2010, over a year later, they pretty much came clean saying they had no idea when it would come out, and offered me a full refund.

My advice going forward is to never pre-order a MindStyle piece, it is likely never to come out. Which is really too bad because what they have released so far is really nice. I also have their VINCENT and Tiki Stitch, and they're both great. I wouldn't hold my breath on poor Max though....

Disney seriously needs to get better vinyl partners. Span of Sunset was the same way. I love the pieces they created (cheshire, runaway brain, birdhead pirate, pirate dog), but they were always late. Oswald was supposed to be done for comic con, and never showed up etc. Does anyone know what happened to that company?

Back