PDA

View Full Version : Will Iron Man 2 generate more of a buzz...

jbinny
01-26-2010, 05:55 PM
...than the first? Especially with the collectibles market?

Why/why not?

ink
01-26-2010, 05:58 PM
most people will buy war machine anything

EVILFACE
01-26-2010, 05:59 PM
About the same as the first flick.

CelticWarrior
01-26-2010, 05:59 PM
The reaction imo to the first movie was very large especially in the collectors market, i think the second will do the same prolly ;)

vader70450
01-26-2010, 06:11 PM
i think it will be huge like the first one...alot of collectible goodness will come out of the next movie....1:2 war machine :rock

jbinny
01-26-2010, 06:13 PM
i think it will be huge like the first one...alot of collectible goodness will come out of the next movie....1:2 war machine :rock

Hasn't this been hinted at?

Something Sexy
01-26-2010, 06:13 PM
Movie wise it will probably bring in more money. It will have the Spiderman 2 effect.

Chapter 2099
01-26-2010, 06:15 PM
I say more but it won't be because of the viral campaigning. I managed to get a Stark shirt and some business cards, but that was back at Comic-Con. And since then, the campaign has really fizzled. :monkey2

I think it will generate more buzz, BUT it won't be because of the virals. Oh, Dark Knight, where art thou? :(

Something Sexy
01-26-2010, 06:17 PM
I personally feel the movie won't be as good as the first. You can quote me on this later if I am wrong but I think they are adding too many characters.

Chapter 2099
01-26-2010, 06:18 PM
I say more but it won't be because of the viral campaigning. I managed to get a Stark shirt and some business cards, but that was back at Comic-Con. And since then, the campaign has really fizzled. :monkey2

I think it will generate more buzz, BUT it won't be because of the virals. Oh, Dark Knight, where art thou? :(And why? Because the anticipation is building and building. Not to mention the fact that Robert has only gained "steam" since his last IM appearance, and add on a whole slew of A-list celebrities to cast and you have a winner!

dcflake
01-26-2010, 06:21 PM
Movie wise it will probably bring in more money. It will have the Spiderman 2 effect.

Good analogy. Then they will make a third one a _____* it right up.

Something Sexy
01-26-2010, 06:22 PM
And why? Because the anticipation is building and building. Not to mention the fact that Robert has only gained "steam" since his last IM appearance, and add on a whole slew of A-list celebrities to cast and you have a winner!

Oh Chap, my boy. I disagree. Slamming A-list celebrities as a movie usually don't work. Sometimes it does but most times I don't think it does. I think Favreau is doing too much, because now he has even more money to do things with that I think it could get a little ridiculous. It is the same thing I think will happen to the sequel to District 9.

Chapter 2099
01-26-2010, 06:22 PM
Good analogy. Then they will make a third one a _____* it right up.

And then they can reboot it a few years later.....

Just like those jerks did to my Spider-Man!!! :mad::mad::mad:

Chapter 2099
01-26-2010, 06:24 PM
Oh Chap, my boy. I disagree. Slamming A-list celebrities as a movie usually don't work. Sometimes it does but most times I don't think it does. I think Favreau is doing too much, because now he has even more money to do things with that I think it could get a little ridiculous. It is the same thing I think will happen to the sequel to District 9.

:lol I just think the A-list will create more buzz. I don't know if it will be better, but I do think it will create more buzz.

Something Sexy
01-26-2010, 06:24 PM
And then they can reboot it a few years later.....

Just like those jerks did to my Spider-Man!!! :mad::mad::mad:

It is all bout the DOLLAS.

:lol I just think the A-list will create more buzz. I don't know if it will be better, but I do think it will create more buzz.

Oh definitely. It will definitely create more buzz I agree with that.

a-dev
01-26-2010, 06:50 PM
Ah yes I remember that buzz about Batman and Robin - Clooney! Schwarzennegger! Thurman!

j/k

Although one is wary about them putting Black Cat, Whiplash and War Machine all in the one film. One wonders where they'll fit Tony Stark in all that.

SolidLiquidFox
01-26-2010, 07:36 PM
Black Widow not Cat

Silent December
01-26-2010, 08:21 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/n6dnemAltxI&rel=0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/n6dnemAltxI&rel=0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

fuzzylojiks
01-26-2010, 08:37 PM
The big thing will be to make us keep caring and identifying with the central characters in the context of their journey.... and the journey must be a kickass one! I think WM and IM + Black widow and Whiplash will be tricky but may work if handled right especially if he fleshes them all out well.

Silent December
01-26-2010, 08:55 PM
The big thing will be to make us keep caring and identifying with the central characters in the context of their journey.... and the journey must be a kickass one! I think WM and IM + Black cat and Whiplash will be tricky but may work if handled right especially if he fleshes them all out well.

Black Widow not Cat

:lol:lol:lol:lol

The Mike
01-26-2010, 08:55 PM
Sideshow's CEO already confirmed during Spook that the similar treatment to IM 1 will be given to IM2. Which means busts, Maquettes and I wouldn't be surprised if we saw Dios added. I think they'll match every IM with a War Machine so I think you'll see a War Machine 1:1 Bust (especially with the detailing differences added), War Machine 1:2 Maquette and I wouldn't be surprised if we got a Mark 4 or Mark 6 to match them. I think we might actually get some 1:4 pieces from them this time as well.

fuzzylojiks
01-26-2010, 08:59 PM
Sideshow's CEO already confirmed during Spook that the similar treatment to IM 1 will be given to IM2. Which means busts, Maquettes and I wouldn't be surprised if we saw Dios added. I think they'll match every IM with a War Machine so I think you'll see a War Machine 1:1 Bust (especially with the detailing differences added), War Machine 1:2 Maquette and I wouldn't be surprised if we got a Mark 4 or Mark 6 to match them. I think we might actually get some 1:4 pieces from them this time as well.

I would have to get a 1:2 warmachine even if I have to carry it on a plane myself :x

daikkenaurora
01-26-2010, 09:01 PM
Like sexy said, Iron Man 2 movie will make more money than the first one (I think that happened with X-men and Spider-man movie) and collectible market will also feel an increase of product.

The Mike
01-26-2010, 09:02 PM
It'll depend on how the IM 1:2 does first. The two initial reports came one broken, one unflawed. So if the majority come fine I think they'll do more if the majority come damaged then I think they'll back off.

Verbal21
01-26-2010, 11:57 PM
I would have to get a 1:2 warmachine even if I have to carry it on a plane myself :x

I'd really be fine with a 1:4, but if 1:2 is the only WM CM we'll get, then it's a go for me and my wallet

ecekat
01-27-2010, 12:24 AM
in collectibles,i think it will bring more products and the old ones will get a bit more higher in the price..

Ra88
01-27-2010, 05:51 AM
I think it will all depend on the quality of the movie...If it's not as good as the first one, I can see people only going for items like War Machine, but not much else. But if it's an excellent movie, the merchandising will go through the roof.

quadcent
01-27-2010, 06:21 AM
I personally feel the movie won't be as good as the first. You can quote me on this later if I am wrong but I think they are adding too many characters.

totally :monkey1

SolidLiquidFox
01-27-2010, 08:24 AM
in collectibles,i think it will bring more products and the old ones will get a bit more higher in the price..

There is already a saturation of Iron Man product. The new movie may cause people to sell their "inferior" Iron Man stuff in favor of the newer "cooler" stuff.

Hot Toys stuff may be in the dumping for many that went crazy with the figures. Especially if they see a high priced item like a War Machine 1:2 or 1/4 statues. The 1:1 busts also may be going the same route.

fuzzylojiks
01-27-2010, 08:31 AM
It will depend on the movie. Seems like it has potential and I can see a lot of people going for warmachines, whiplashes etc.

grphyx1
01-27-2010, 08:36 AM
I'm already burned out

ozzfan84
01-27-2010, 09:47 AM
about the same...