Any pics of the 13" Superman Returns?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darklord Dave

Super Freak
Reaction score
I know we'll see it during Toyfair, but the pics been published, anyone care to do a scan?

Mike: There’s been a great deal of buzz on the ‘net about the 13” line. Most people want to know how the line is doing in terms of sales and how long it’s going to run. Do you see it continuing into the foreseeable future? And when might we see our first female in the line?

Georg Brewer: The line has been well received and we are really happy with the way it is performing. We have already planned out through ‘07 and adding female characters to the line is a mighty fine suggestion. Stay tuned....

Dave,
I picked up ToyFare today, and I will head over to a scanner after work tonight! Unless someone else beats me to it!

Chris

I like the costume, but the sculpt, at least from this angle looks off. Who's that next to him, looks like another 13"?

I can see Routh in the sculpt, but he kind of looks like he's about to wet himself.....

Yikes! You guys are easy to please! Here's some more:

And finally, since you're gluttons for punishment, here's the figure(s) next to Supes (Remember, you asked for it!):

FrankenFan,
thanks for psoting the pics, our phone system crashed at work, so it looks like I'll be stuck here awhile!!!

Nothing jumped out at me regarding any of the Superman stuff, but I was intrigued to see that Weta will be sculpting two statues to be released and distributed by DC direct. They are the fortress of solitude with Luthor and the daily planet sign with lois and supes! The designs looks pretty ambitious.

The best sculpt seemed to be from some collector driven mattel line, but I still think it is only 'meh' at best.

Those have to be a joke. He looks like the J Jonah Jameson figure that was released in the Clones boxed set a million years ago.

I hope they're not going to re-use those horrible boots again. At least his cape is a better size.

The 13" fig looks pretty good except the noggin.

Those smaller figures can not be real. There is no way Mahell is going to put that junk out????

Nope, I'm not going to buy any of that.....stuff.
There's also a picture of a super articulated Superman Returns figure from Mattel on the cover of Toy Fair. I think it might be their version of a 12" mass market toy like the Batman Begins 12" figure that they made last year.
Looky here for that:
https://www.wizarduniverse.com/_gfx_/magazines/toyfare/TF104.jpg
It's possible that its a smaller 6"-7" figure but from the looks of their other 6"-7" figures that Frankenfan posted, I doubt it. :sick

The regular line will be 5", the 6" one is the one on the cover I believe.

I hope Mattel makes their own 13" Superman, I really enjoy their 13" Batman Begins(which considering I got it for $10 is pretty great).

FrankenFan said:
Here you go, Dave. I'm warnin' ya, it ain't pretty:

Where is my Super Suit? Where is my Super Suit?!? I need it!

He looks like just got examined by a fat fingered proctologist:D

Looks like he belongs in a SNL parody. Not Superman. George and Chris are probably spinning in their graves. Bring back the real Supermen.

This is a tough crowd. I think the costume on the 13" figure looks pretty darned film accurate. And it works better in 1/6th (ish) I think than 1/1st.
Sculpt needs work and the paint application makes him look rather, well, he appears to be concentrating on looking at something very close to his nose. I think an eye repaint would make a world of difference. I think it looks pretty decent.
Most of the other toys look like crap, but they are probably quite playable and I think that's Mattel's business. To make playworthy toys. Overall this doesn't look to me to be a bad toy line for the movie tie-in.

Back