New eye color for Han!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kookie

Super Freak
Reaction score
Sideshow graciously admits the eyes are wrong with the new 12 inch Han and will have his new eye color corrected in the new newsletter.

sebcanadaceo said:
Was there ever really any doubt...

Everybody can stop crying now... They're going to fix it.

Well....
icon_redface.gif

You have to remember that many of us have never dealt with SS before the Star Wars thing.

I have all of them pre-ordered but haven't held a SS figure in my hands in my entire life.

I do have to say they have gone above and beyond the call of duty of ANY company I have ever seen as far as listening to who is most important: the buyers.

I now have more respect for SS than any company who has done anything SW ever. I will be much more hesitant to question their desire to make the best SW collectables ever from now on.

The Han sculpt and the fact they are going to fix the the things fans like myself have bitched about is so cool it's ridiculous.

Congratulations to Mat for sculpting the best Harrison Ford likeness in the history of mankind.

:bow :clap :bow

Poggle the Greater said:
I now have more respect for SS than any company who has done anything SW ever. I will be much more hesitant to question their desire to make the best SW collectables ever from now on.

Poggle, that's good. You have taken your first step into a larger world.

Poggle the Greater said:
You have to remember that many of us have never dealt with SS before the Star Wars thing.

I have all of them pre-ordered but haven't held a SS figure in my hands in my entire life.
Just you wait! Sideshow spoils you for just about everything else. And then you'll want more. And more! And more! I've been collecting SS for years and have always appreciated the work they do. They really do listen to the fans.

How's that for butt kissing?:D

sebcanadaceo said:
Was there ever really any doubt...

Everybody can stop crying now... They're going to fix it.

If it was never mentioned, who's to say they would have noticed and fixed it?

JustinLuck said:
If it was never mentioned, who's to say they would have noticed and fixed it?

Very good point. Nothing wrong with pointing out things that could be improved, even if people get a little worked up sometimes. But Sideshow can't improve on something if they aren't told what needs to be improved. :eek:

They have a history of taking fan comments to heart. A board member here even has a credit on the Vampire Willow page on the Sideshow site for suggestions to improve the costume.

Frequently things are far down the line in production before we even see the first photo, so I'm a bit surprised that they are able to make an adjustment in the Han paint plan, but obviously they do take notice of fan reactions.

I love this process, it is exciting to see these production photos and to see the involvement of SS with the fans. Friday will be utter choas. The Han sculpt is amazing!

Guys,

I never collected 12" figures but pre-ordered all the star wars and LOTR ones from Sideshow. The sculpt just looks awesome.

However, after going to a retail store and saw their 1/6 scarface... the quality is only so-so...

Is Scarface a good representation of SS 1/6 quality?

I will still buy them, but will decide on wither to buy the entire line or not.

Thanks for the info.

Lance

Having never seen that one I can't say how good or bad it might be. I have 5 12" figures the only one that isn't that hot is the Pam Vorhees 12" the rest have great paint aps and the detailing is awesome. I wouldn't worry too much.

I'm happy to hear this. Looking forward to seeing a new pic.

I have about 50 SS 12 inchers. And Pams facepaint is the only low point.

Now her exclusive severed head looks awesome.

Wow, I am extremely impressed with the sculpt, it looks awesome. I'm equally impressed that SS listened to everyone. And the eye wrinkles aren't as bad as they seemed either. It will be a fine addition to my collection...

The sculpt looks great, and I am sure the finished product will be just fine.

I'm not worried about it at all.

I'm definitely getting this one.

I only have three 12" figures (Scarface, Van Helsing, and the DC Direct Batman Begins)..., but, my 12" collection is growing now...I'm getting the Luke, Anakin, and Obi-Wan, passing on Kit Fisto, but, will be getting Han Solo for sure.

Plus my Aragorn as Strider and Medicom Jack Bauer...

I'm really liking the 12" stuff. And, since I only have 2 statues left coming (Aragorn @ the Black Gates and Legolas and Gimli on Arod) I have to collect something still.

:)

Back