1/6th scale Max Rebo Band set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Puay

Super Freak
Reaction score
From the latest edition of "Ask Sideshow".

Q:In previous questions people have asked about several products and you have said some are in the works (but not specifically which ones), so I thought I would narrow the question to one specific product: What are the chances of a 1/6th scale Max Rebo Band set? And if you do one PLEASE use Sy Snoodles’ original design if possible!! Thank you! You always produce the best products! Lando was so perfect he took my breath away when he arrived - awesome job on him!!

A:The design is done, and the project is moving into the sculpture phase very, very soon. Deciding to move ahead on the project hinged on permission to do the original Sy, not the SE version, and we’re happy to say that all parties are agreed. So, at this point, we can safely say that the chances are very, very good.

Q:I have every 12-inch Star Wars item you have produced, and I was wondering if there are any plans for the Jabba the Hutt band members to go along with your awesome Jabba the Hutt figure and throne. I think they are a must have!!!

A:We agree! Max Rebo and the gang are very, very likely to join your Jabba display!

This is shockingly good news. I will definitely get this but does wonder how much will the set cost?:google

Screw the other thread. These guys are coming along with a classic Sy Snootles (can you say alien boobies?).

Woot woot!!!

I would be interested only if they are made of quality plastic and not polystone. Stop the damn polystone 1/6 'environments' Sideshow! I've passed on every single one (including the overpriced throne) because of this.

The band members will be rotocast vinyl like Jabba I'm sure, and I'm betting Max Rebo's piano setup will be a polystone/plastic combination like Thrawn's throne apparently is and the Indy idol pedistal, though that combination doesn't seem to reduce price much on the extra items.

I would be interested only if they are made of quality plastic and not polystone. Stop the damn polystone 1/6 'environments' Sideshow! I've passed on every single one (including the overpriced throne) because of this.

I agree. But I guess they feel they can sell heavier weight items as some sort of high-priced "art". Personally I'd rather have the stuff in styrene or something. Cheap, lightweight, and they could make a TON more accessories.

Sean

This thread's fine, Puay...no harm in a seperate discussion about these guys.

Speaking for myself however, this will be the easiest PASS for me yet...

I have no interest in this group of characters as figures.

I'll have to pass since I have no room for them on my Jabba table. Especially after I add the Gammorian Guard.

I told my girlfriend about these and she FLIPPED! She's a vinyl freak, and wants the set to go right next to her record payer. Niiiice.

This is what I wrote in the other thread about this:

Personally I wish they would concentrate on 1/6th droids (a medic droid would rock), aliens, vehicles, a furry Wookie, and creatures (like Taun Tauns, etc).

The Max Rebo band scene (even the original) was one of Lucas' more cringe-worthy Star Wars moments that I don't particularly care to spend several hundred dollars on.

However, if it were plastic rather than unobtainium, er... the ultra rare and ever-so-expensive element, polystone, then perhaps it'd be affordable and not an automatic pass.

Sean

I'd imagine the band would run about $200-$300, assuming all the members are sold together, but even as individuals the total would probably be close to that.

I presume there would at least be articulation for the arms. Just thinking would it be a good idea if ball joints are introduced.

I'd imagine the band would run about $200-$300, assuming all the members are sold together, but even as individuals the total would probably be close to that.

There's no way they would be seperate. And I'm thinking $300 as well. I don't care what they are made of.. these guys are a must have!!! :rock

So you guys think it'll just be the three figures, keyboards, mikes, etc--kinda like the old Kenner set? 3 figures and sizable accessories? I think it'll be at the very least $300, but probably more!

Have to say, as interested as I am in having a set... part of me is really unsure if I want to dedicate the space and $$$ to them.

Guess it will come down to how they look once released. But even if they are a pass for me; I'm really happy to see Sideshow taking on cool projects like this :rock

Back