PDA

View Full Version : The Official Mark 3 Iron Man 1:2 Scale Maquette with Pics

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

averone
01-22-2010, 11:37 PM
UPDATED Jan 23 8PM!
New pics added on page 12!

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70650&page=12

I am not big on words and just like to use my camera to do the talking. Yet this time I am compelled to add a quick review to this thread. After for what most of us went through with the Sideshow 1:1 bust, to get this fantastic statue and in much better paint app, quality and packaging, I have to say hats off to you Sideshow for providing me and my fellow IM fans/fanatics the soon to be the ultimate IM grail!
It was unfortunate to see Batman29 both beat me to the punch and see his statue be damaged in shipping! Yet I cant thank him enough for his time and effort to provide us with the first photos! After anxiously opening my statue I was pleasantly treated to an on hand presentation that surpassed my every expectation.

The packing I think is as good as its going to get, everything was used...stryo, padding, padded film/plastic, and tape. It was packed well and came with a QC sticker right on top!
Surprise, surprise! It was immaculate!

Assembly was easy and if you can lift 50lbs you should be able to do it yourself. Just take care inserting the leg pins.

Ok, the quality of paint application is so much better than the 1:1 paint that it makes this statue look like its painted in gold and automotive red paint!
Yes there are some rough edges but they are cleverly covered up in the right spots by oil marks. These are on the groin area, under the arm area, and under the shoulderpads.
There is also a true shine to the gold that we dont see on the 1:1 bust. Looks like they used some type of gloss paint on top of the initial paint up.

Ok my only complaint is that the chest light blinds you! Its even bright in the daylight!!
For night photo shoots I had a heck of a time getting any good photos on this statue!

So is it worth $2K, I really think so! And I am not saying this cause I am an IM fan!
I have many statues in my collection and they have to be hand painted commissioned jobs to come close to the paint app on this statue!

What else can I say? If your on the fence about his, dont hesitate jump in and enjoy one the best collectible movie statues in a decade!
Nice going Sideshow!

Many thanks everyone for your kind comments and your support!

God bliss and see you on the forum!

Alex A.

plasmid303
01-22-2010, 11:47 PM
I thought it was frowned upon to start a photo thread without actually posting photos? I'm disappointed at the lack thereof.

averone
01-22-2010, 11:54 PM
I thought it was frowned upon to start a photo thread without actually posting photos? I'm disappointed at the lack thereof.

I am sorry my man!

I just heard that Batman29's statue came in damaged! :monkey2!

I am so sorry!

Not the best way to start this thread!

I guess now its up to me!!

plasmid303
01-22-2010, 11:55 PM
No, averone, you're cool, so you get a pass. :cool: Bring on the pics!

SpenK
01-22-2010, 11:58 PM
I am sorry my man!

I just heard that Batman29's statue came in damaged! :monkey2!

I am so sorry!

Not the best way to start this thread!

I guess now its up to me!!

:monkey2........... Let's Hope it is not a Trend........Ave,,,did he tell you what happened?

averone
01-23-2010, 12:05 AM
His arm is broken cleanly at the shoulders!

I, along with all of you am eager to see some pictures. We will find out!

The Mike
01-23-2010, 12:12 AM
Post photos of the damage so we can get an idea of what could happen.

averone
01-23-2010, 12:14 AM
Post photos of the damage so we can get an idea of what could happen.

I am waiting along with you!
I am sure it will be tomorrow before we see them!

Now its going to be even a longer wait for me!
Mike, what is your experience with FDX?
They are not careful are they?

The Mike
01-23-2010, 12:16 AM
FDX? Is that Fed-Ex?

w00tw00t
01-23-2010, 12:17 AM
:sleep hopefully we see seomthing tomorrow.

averone
01-23-2010, 12:17 AM
FDX? Is that Fed-Ex?

LOL!!

Sorry, its late here!
YES, Fed-EX!

The Mike
01-23-2010, 12:33 AM
Depends on the driver really. My Fed-Ex driver is fantastic, he rings the bell and carries my stuff even into the house for me. When he leaves things that are without signatures he makes sure they are out of plain sight. My local UPS driver has literally delivered my packages to another address in my development that doesn't even have the same street name or number as mine.

Batman29
01-23-2010, 12:41 AM
Pics will be here within the hour guys. It is nothing fancy, just the boxes, the piece in the case and the break, along with my thoughts. The images are just loading up in photobucket.

Averone, sorry man, I really wanted to post pics of this beauty for this, and make it a cooperative effort between the two of us to start it off. Should have waited until I made sure there was no damage.

Chapter 2099
01-23-2010, 12:42 AM
Pics will be here within the hour guys. It is nothing fancy, just the boxes, the piece in the case and the break, along with my thoughts. The images are just loading up in photobucket.

Sorry to hear about the break. :(

averone
01-23-2010, 12:48 AM
Good or bad we need to see!
Thank you so much for your time and effort.
Sorry to see the first one damaged!

thx217
01-23-2010, 12:57 AM

Averone, sorry man, I really wanted to post pics of this beauty for this, and make it a cooperative effort between the two of us to start it off. Should have waited until I made sure there was no damage.

Sorry to hear about the damage Batman29.

Mine's coming next week. Fedex better be careful with it.

tnaig001
01-23-2010, 01:00 AM
Edit didn't read abt the bad news.

good luck guys.

Batman29
01-23-2010, 01:15 AM
Well everyone, I hope that people read this, not just look at the pics and make unsound judgements (like that would ever happen in a forum would it? :lol )

First of all, let me begin by apologizing for the hype. I guess I just did not expect it to be broken, and thought I would show the experience as it was unraveled. Well I guess i kind of am. Also, I truly wanted to make this a cooperative effort with Averone, but again, I should have checked it in much more detail first. Threads with pics in title should be started that way, and it was my mistake not Averone's in getting it started.

Next, it needs to be clearly understood that this is simply a shipment that arrived damaged, it has no bearing on whether or not it is a great statue or dud one. Unfortunately, as all of us can attest too, every once in a while, a broken piece comes our way. And this one was just chance that it did, nothing else, and again, NO REFLECTION ON THE STATUE!

The piece is spectacular. I did prop it up on the base, and light it up. Even with one arm missing it makes a statement with presence.

For the most part, SS did an excellent job with the paint. If you run your hands on the statue it is smooth except for a few places. On the inside of the thigh as you go up the groin the finish becomes rough, like it was not sanded properly, but in no way effects the appearance. Same under the arms as you get close to the "pits".

The lights, well, they are bright, especially the center one. I was close to it when I turned it on and its intensity stung my eyes. I would have liked the head to be tilted a bit higher, but this is just a subjective thing.

The grease marks. Yes, IMO, they are grease marks painted on, and they are put in the correct places,as what would be there for a suit with motorized parts to it, and joints. The grease marks gives the look that the suit has been used, but still in awesome condition. I am fine with these marks.

As disappointed as I am in this being broken, I will get a replacement for this. It just simply makes a great statement in the 1:2 scale arena

I still think something like this, or the 1:2 Endo should have boxes which are a bit classier. If you have ever gotten a CM piece, you know exactly what I mean.

Again, these pics are in NO WAY intended to take away from what is truly a simple but beautiful piece.

My hope is that as soon as Averone gets his pics will be posted ... and possibly this thread may be edited by the mods so that it does begin with pics like Averone and I intended it to be.

Thanks to all who offered sympathies!

http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/ss209/gapr29/IMG_7109.jpg

http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/ss209/gapr29/IMG_7110.jpg

http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/ss209/gapr29/IMG_7115.jpg

http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/ss209/gapr29/IMG_7116.jpg

The Mike
01-23-2010, 01:22 AM
Ugh. Clean break. The box looks a bit worse for wear as well...

Atheris
01-23-2010, 01:23 AM
Well everyone, I hope that people read this, not just look at the pics and make unsound judgements (like that would ever happen in a forum would it? :lol )

First of all, let me begin by apologizing for the hype. I guess I just did not expect it to be broken, and thought I would show the experience as it was unraveled. Well I guess i kind of am. Also, I truly wanted to make this a cooperative effort with Averone, but again, I should have checked it in much more detail first. Threads with pics in title should be started that way, and it was my mistake not Averone's in getting it started.

Next, it needs to be clearly understood that this is simply a shipment that arrived damaged, it has no bearing on whether or not it is a great statue or dud one. Unfortunately, as all of us can attest too, every once in a while, a broken piece comes our way. And this one was just chance that it did, nothing else, and again, NO REFLECTION ON THE STATUE!

The piece is spectacular. I did prop it up on the base, and light it up. Even with one arm missing it makes a statement with presence.

For the most part, SS did an excellent job with the paint. If you run your hands on the statue it is smooth except for a few places. On the inside of the thigh as you go up the groin the finish becomes rough, like it was not sanded properly, but in no way effects the appearance. Same under the arms as you get close to the "pits".

The lights, well, they are bright, especially the center one. I was close to it when I turned it on and its intensity stung my eyes. I would have liked the head to be tilted a bit higher, but this is just a subjective thing.

The grease marks. Yes, IMO, they are grease marks painted on, and they are put in the correct places,as what would be there for a suit with motorized parts to it, and joints. The grease marks gives the look that the suit has been used, but still in awesome condition. I am fine with these marks.

As disappointed as I am in this being broken, I will get a replacement for this. It just simply makes a great statement in the 1:2 scale arena

I still think something like this, or the 1:2 Endo should have boxes which are a bit classier. If you have ever gotten a CM piece, you know exactly what I mean.

Again, these pics are in NO WAY intended to take away from what is truly a simple but beautiful piece.

My hope is that as soon as Averone gets his pics will be posted ... and possibly this thread may be edited by the mods so that it does begin with pics like Averone and I intended it to be.

Thanks to all who offered sympathies!

http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/ss209/gapr29/IMG_7109.jpg

http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/ss209/gapr29/IMG_7110.jpg

http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/ss209/gapr29/IMG_7115.jpg

http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/ss209/gapr29/IMG_7116.jpg

Wow....that paint looks much better than I was expecting.

I will wait to see a few more pics before I place my order.

Does it appear to have the same finish as the 1:1 bust did in terms of un-even surface? How do the joints look detail wise?

Chris

thx217
01-23-2010, 01:24 AM
Thanks for the pics Batman29 and again, sorry about the damage.

Are you gonna to get a replacement or return it?

Atheris
01-23-2010, 01:29 AM
Thanks for the pics Batman29 and again, sorry about the damage.

Are you gonna to get a replacement or return it?

SS will probably ask him to destroy it...

Chris

fuzzylojiks
01-23-2010, 01:30 AM
Sorry about the damage, hope your replacement arrives soon, and thanks for the pics. Can't wait to see the lighted versions displayed as well.

By the way where is the edition number? Most of the pieces have it on the base.

thx217
01-23-2010, 01:33 AM

Chris

You're right. That's very likely. I can't even begin to imagine the destruction if it really comes down to that.

fuzzylojiks
01-23-2010, 01:36 AM

Chris

Wow, I would just use it as a cloth/hat rack or something when people come in. ;p

Superman
01-23-2010, 01:39 AM
The only thing that bugs me are the painted on grease marks.. In the movie the first time we see the suit, it is perfectly clean with no marks on it. It just takes away from this great piece. If I could have them paint mine clean, I would buy this in a heartbeat. Hopefully they listen and come out with an un-used look for the suit.

Destroying a piece that looks like it could be super glued together and still look great. It can be donated to an orphanage or something instead of destroyed. What a waste..

Atheris
01-23-2010, 01:41 AM
I believe this could have been prevented with a little more padding in there. That....or the syro wasnt "cut" properly. I've got tons of packages from SS where the actual shape of the piece isnt molded to fit the styro...its actually cut out and scratched out by hand. Making the fitting very tight or not exact. The arm probably broke when they sandwiched the piece between the two pieces of styrofoam and pressed down. My Dinosauria pieces come like this also.

Chris

thx217
01-23-2010, 01:46 AM
The only thing that bugs me are the painted on grease marks.. In the movie the first time we see the suit, it is perfectly clean with no marks on it. It just takes away from this great piece. If I could have them paint mine clean, I would buy this in a heartbeat. Hopefully they listen and come out with an un-used look for the suit.

Destroying a piece that looks like it could be super glued together and still look great. It can be donated to an orphanage or something instead of destroyed. What a waste..

Personally, I like the grease look. I may clean off some of it but I want my maquette to look like the practical suit used in the movie.

I agreed, it can be fixed fairly easily like the damage never happened.

thx217
01-23-2010, 01:47 AM
Take notes Sideshow. TAKE NOTES!

INFECDEAD
01-23-2010, 01:50 AM
Sorry to hear about the broken arm mate. That sucks.
Good luck with the next one!
Mine just landed in the sort facility in Sydney. I hope it doesn't get pinged by customs or it will cost me another $200 to get it released. It's a public holiday here Tuesday so Monday is hopefully my day!
That picture of the statue inside the foam looks sensational I can't wait -thanks for posting them! :banana

Superman
01-23-2010, 01:51 AM
Personally, I like the grease look. I may clean off some of it but I want my maquette looks like the practical suit used in the movie.

I agreed, it's can be fixed fairly easily like the damage never happened.

I am so itching to pre-order this. It's just very expensive for my budget right now and it wouldn't make my wife too happy. I just hope this item isn't too limited. 1,000 pieces should be enough for everyone, however I think they might limit it to 200 or so for some reason and I will never buy one of these used off e-bay seeing how hollow and delicate it is, especially the electronics and such. A piece like this needs the manufacturers warranty as even the paint could flake in six months as we've seen before as well with certain SS pieces. I love the look of this, and I can live with the Grease marks and tilt of the head. The color's are amazingly accurate finally and it is an impressive looking statue.

I want to ask, how hollow do the insides look like?

RyanGabriel
01-23-2010, 01:54 AM
Sorry to see this Bro Batman.

Thanks for the pics.

INFECDEAD
01-23-2010, 02:04 AM
I am so itching to pre-order this. It's just very expensive for my budget right now and it wouldn't make my wife too happy. I just hope this item isn't too limited. 1,000 pieces should be enough for everyone, however I think they might limit it to 200 or so for some reason and I will never buy one of these used off e-bay seeing how hollow and delicate it is, especially the electronics and such. A piece like this needs the manufacturers warranty as even the paint could flake in six months as we've seen before as well with certain SS pieces. I love the look of this, and I can live with the Grease marks and tilt of the head. The color's are amazingly accurate finally and it is an impressive looking statue.

The only thing I don't like about this statue is the fact that Sideshow won't release the edition size other than to say it is a limited edition or number the base. They could be selling this in years from now. It's like the Combat Terminator Bust it will more than likely just go on.....

ecekat
01-23-2010, 02:05 AM
so,bodie was right???:horror:horror:horror

Superman
01-23-2010, 02:15 AM
The only thing I don't like about this statue is the fact that Sideshow won't release the edition size other than to say it is a limited edition or number the base. They could be selling this in years from now. It's like the Combat Terminator Bust it will more than likely just go on.....

I hope this is the case since a lot of people cannot afford this right now and by making it like the Terminator bust, they can real in new people years from now who are Iron Man fans and are new to the collecting bug. I mean, the only people who would be upset about not making this piece truly limited to 200 or so would be the collectors who never open the item up and store it for years and years in order to sell it. That my friend is a very select few. Most here would be displaying this forever if we got it. And if someone else five years from now wants one too, let them be able to buy it and not have to pay $6,000 on e-bay and receive a broken arm (sold as new in box, never opened) and then Sideshow loses another customer since they will not help them out since they were not the original buyer. This piece like the Terminators should be available for as long as they hold the licenses as it brings people to collect by giving them something to look forward to. And they can make their money back in quantities sold since it probably costs a fraction in material to make this piece.

aslan_gfx
01-23-2010, 02:25 AM
sorry about the damage Batman :(

Atheris
01-23-2010, 02:25 AM

About what:confused::confused::confused:

Chris

MinMay
01-23-2010, 02:36 AM
200 quantity for Iron Man? Hell no. 200x$2000 = $400,000. They are estimating in millions! The Iron Man 1:1 bust made over millions for them. My guess is that they'll try to make several millions by selling over 1000 quantity.

For $2,000, you want perfection. Look at CM Predator..that's $2,000 with so much detail and perfection. Any problem, exchange it or refund it...no super glue allow.

fuzzylojiks
01-23-2010, 02:41 AM
I hope this is the case since a lot of people cannot afford this right now and by making it like the Terminator bust, they can real in new people years from now who are Iron Man fans and are new to the collecting bug. I mean, the only people who would be upset about not making this piece truly limited to 200 or so would be the collectors who never open the item up and store it for years and years in order to sell it. That my friend is a very select few. Most here would be displaying this forever if we got it. And if someone else five years from now wants one too, let them be able to buy it and not have to pay $6,000 on e-bay and receive a broken arm (sold as new in box, never opened) and then Sideshow loses another customer since they will not help them out since they were not the original buyer. This piece like the Terminators should be available for as long as they hold the licenses as it brings people to collect by giving them something to look forward to. And they can make their money back in quantities sold since it probably costs a fraction in material to make this piece.

Hmm, not all collectors are like that. I see many on these boards alone who display their collections out of the box take pride in it. Of course there will be some who store it in the box to retain value but to each their own.

The edition size is mainly to reward them so that the value of their collection increases over time and not depreciates. (Especially important for 40 year old virgin who decide to get married.) Even Pitu wanted to put his PF grn hulk up to sell. Sometimes the going gets tough and it's good to reward collector's who have spent their hard-earned dime on their passion to get something back.

Of course some people will be steered away and not wanting to pay the same price for something that devalues and is replaced more easily. (especially seeing how fast SS exclusives get sold out versus normal editions.)

I always felt it was kinda cool that collectors were rewarded for their passion, and since I am a totally new collector I have limited bias in the matter. Thus, there are 2 sides to that coin.

ecekat
01-23-2010, 04:04 AM
About what:confused::confused::confused:

Chris

about his predictions

The Tuggernaut
01-23-2010, 04:50 AM

:confused: No.

Anyway, from what we've seen (besides the obvious damage), it looks fantastic. As Batman said, there doesn't appear to be anything really faulty with the piece. Hopefully everything gets sorted out for you, Batman. Now, time to look forward to some pics from Averone. :D

sabiansix
01-23-2010, 06:23 AM
I don't mean this in a smart ass way, but how are people saying that there are no problems, barring the broken arm, based on one picture taken with a so-so camera? I can't really tell, definitively, what's what from that pic.

thx217
01-23-2010, 06:37 AM
I don't mean this in a smart ass way, but how are people saying that there are no problems, barring the broken arm, based on one picture taken with a so-so camera? I can't really tell, definitively, what's what from that pic.

And that is why you fail.....

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/1316/yoday.jpg (http://img211.imageshack.us/i/yoday.jpg/)

Raikirik
01-23-2010, 06:54 AM
Hey Batman, where in Canada are you? I used to work at a fed-ex sorting/loading facility back in high school (which wasn't very long ago). It was the Toronto hub. Let's just say you wouldn't want to see how things go with the packages that come through there.

Balsquat
01-23-2010, 07:41 AM
Sorry Greg that absolutely stinks. Hopefully you wont have to wait too long to get a replacement. We did get taste of your collection in the background there. Very nice, I would love to see more!

robomorph
01-23-2010, 07:54 AM

Sorry about the damage dude and thanks for putting aside your disappointment to post pics for us. I don't think I would have had the heart to do that after such a gutting experience.

Hopefully your replacement will be A1 and minty fine.

robomorph
01-23-2010, 08:02 AM
On the inside of the thigh as you go up the groin...

btw, got to love the dedication of a reviewer who isn't afraid to feel up Iron Man's manly bits lol! :clap

Very informative and helpful review btw - especially given the circumstances.

CelticWarrior
01-23-2010, 08:03 AM
Thanks for posting these pics im sure it was a lill disheartening, but regardless of the naysayers i believe this is going to be epic and truly hope for the best for all the collectors able to land this!

MinMay
01-23-2010, 09:10 AM
If you run your hands on the statue it is smooth except for a few places. On the inside of the thigh as you go up the groin the finish becomes rough, like it was not sanded properly, but in no way effects the appearance. Same under the arms as you get close to the "pits".

In my opinion, it should be smooth all around. The 1:1 Iron Man bust was not sand properly around the neck area as well.

:confused: No.

Anyway, from what we've seen (besides the obvious damage), it looks fantastic. As Batman said, there doesn't appear to be anything really faulty with the piece. Hopefully everything gets sorted out for you, Batman. Now, time to look forward to some pics from Averone. :D

Ash Housewares
01-23-2010, 09:16 AM
for the price you would hope the paintjob would be perfect. Looking at my hot toys figure, its much more detailed and the chest piece on the figure looks much better. Some of the painted lines look sloppy up close and I hoped this wouldn't be the case. I really wanted this maquette but so far it isn't looking good IMO.

I'm sorry for Batman that his piece arrived like that and I hope SS Endeavour to replace it with a perfect statue.

ironwez20
01-23-2010, 09:19 AM
awesome so is anybody else getting this. I cant believe some people can afford this ? The price is huge on this piece.

Fremen
01-23-2010, 09:25 AM
I'm a little surprised you didn't order it through Chinook Hobby. Is it because you didn't want to wait?
I order directly from sideshow sometimes because I hate the wait.

I'm so sorry that this arrived broken.

Still, the paint is fantastic and it looks like it's going to be a great piece.

averone
01-23-2010, 09:39 AM
Well guys, it's on the truck!
Easy does it FDx guy!

It's going to take time to do this right.

Wish me luck!

Darth Waller
01-23-2010, 09:53 AM
Looks like an awesome piece. I hope the next one shows up perfect. :duff

quadcent
01-23-2010, 10:13 AM
I'm a little surprised you didn't order it through Chinook Hobby. Is it because you didn't want to wait?
I order directly from sideshow sometimes because I hate the wait.

I'm so sorry that this arrived broken.

Still, the paint is fantastic and it looks like it's going to be a great piece.

i think he hadn't been dealing with chinook until recently and this was probably ordered before he started dealing with chinook

sorry to see yours arrived damaged batman, now i wonder if you'll have to wait till the next shippment comes in :confused::confused: that would suck.
overall though the piece does look pretty good, you could just call him righty.

ps: i don't know if sideshow would be willing to do something like this but, if they would be willing to donate it to some good cause as a repaired version instead of destroying it would be nice. it always makes me sick to the point that i didn't even bother notifying them about some minor paint issues on my venom com, cause it just makes me sick to smash these statues.

ChrisCJ99
01-23-2010, 10:16 AM
Sucks to hear this arrived damaged. Looks like a cool piece, but I fear that this will have the same fate as the IM 1:1 bust.... Since you said there seemed to be parts that were sanded and primed.... I hope this won't be the case for everyone. Goodluck to all! :peace

Atheris
01-23-2010, 10:39 AM
sorry about the damage Batman :(

This just sounds funny...:lol

Chris

averone
01-23-2010, 12:07 PM
Its here and looks like the IM gods do listen to Averone!

I am still the lucky one!

QC sticker was on the package! Everything look ok!:thumbs2:

Bravo Sideshow!
Just incredible!

ITS HERE!!!
ITS IN GREAT SHAPE!
ITS INCREDIBLE!

Balsquat
01-23-2010, 12:10 PM
You have built it up Averone....Now give us the Gook!!!:naughty

Its here and looks like the IM gods do listen to Averone!

I am still the lucky one!

QC sticker was on the package! Everything look ok!:thumbs2:

Bravo Sideshow!
Just incredible!

ITS HERE!!!
ITS IN GREAT SHAPE!
ITS INCREDIBLE!

ecekat
01-23-2010, 12:11 PM
pics please averone!!:monkey5:monkey5:monkey5:monkey5

sabiansix
01-23-2010, 12:16 PM
Can't wait to see them! :D

averone
01-23-2010, 12:20 PM
ITS HERE!
Safe and sound!

I am uploading pics now!

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/averone_07/Iron1.jpg
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/averone_07/Iron2.jpg
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/averone_07/Iron3.jpg

averone
01-23-2010, 12:27 PM
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/averone_07/Iron4.jpg
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/averone_07/Iron6.jpg
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/averone_07/Iron7.jpg
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/averone_07/Iron5.jpg
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/averone_07/IM10.jpg
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/averone_07/IM11.jpg
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/averone_07/IM12.jpg
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/averone_07/IM13.jpg
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/averone_07/IM14.jpg

averone
01-23-2010, 12:29 PM
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/averone_07/IM15.jpg
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/averone_07/IM16.jpg
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/averone_07/IM17.jpg
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/averone_07/IM18.jpg
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/averone_07/IM19.jpg
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/averone_07/IM20.jpg

ink
01-23-2010, 12:32 PM
nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chapter 2099
01-23-2010, 12:33 PM
WOW!!! :rock

Balsquat
01-23-2010, 12:35 PM
WOW THAT IS A BEAUTY. If I was an Ironman fan, this would be hard to get away from.

averone
01-23-2010, 12:36 PM
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/averone_07/IM21.jpg
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/averone_07/IM22.jpg
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/averone_07/IM23.jpg
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/averone_07/IM24.jpg
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/averone_07/IM26.jpg
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/averone_07/IM25.jpg
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/averone_07/IM27.jpg

thx217
01-23-2010, 12:37 PM
This piece came out AMAZING...... first time in a long time that the final production is better the the proto(SDCC). FANTASTIC!

Bring on more pics man!!

CAN'T WAIT FOR MINE!

Chapter 2099
01-23-2010, 12:39 PM
I no longer feel the need to own the 1:1 Bust. If anything, I'll set my sights for this.

averone
01-23-2010, 12:40 PM
http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr221/IronLungs31/IMG_7041.jpg

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/averone_07/IM28.jpghttp://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/averone_07/IM31.jpg
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/averone_07/IM29.jpghttp://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/averone_07/IM33.jpg
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/averone_07/IM32.jpg

ecekat
01-23-2010, 12:41 PM
looks perfect for display...still preder the modern comiquette though..:peace

averone
01-23-2010, 12:41 PM
:)

Much, much more to come!

I tell you, your going to get sick of me by the end of the day!

I will be back in 1 hr or less ;)

thx217
01-23-2010, 12:43 PM
for the price you would hope the paintjob would be perfect. Looking at my hot toys figure, its much more detailed and the chest piece on the figure looks much better. Some of the painted lines look sloppy up close and I hoped this wouldn't be the case. I really wanted this maquette but so far it isn't looking good IMO.

I'm sorry for Batman that his piece arrived like that and I hope SS Endeavour to replace it with a perfect statue.

lol! Hot Toys are cool action figures but there's no comparison between the 2.

abnpredator
01-23-2010, 12:44 PM
My GOD.

Easily the best Iron Man piece ever made. So glad I ordered one. Great pictures Averone! Congrats man!!

thx217
01-23-2010, 12:46 PM
Look at that beautiful reflection of the mask......

Superman
01-23-2010, 12:59 PM
It looks great in the pictures. How about the rough area's vs the smooth areas? If I am going to pay this much for this piece, I would want the whole thing sanded and not just certain areas? Do you see any imperfections in the paint anywhere?

CelticWarrior
01-23-2010, 12:59 PM
Man that is the greatest!!! I want one!!

jediknight120
01-23-2010, 01:03 PM
That is an INCREDIBLE piece!!

Ash Housewares
01-23-2010, 01:04 PM
I take back what I said. It looks stunning. Such an improvement over the bust. I hope the quality remains consistant with these.

Congrats on receiving a great maquette

Deadly Dagger
01-23-2010, 01:22 PM
How heavy was it when you lifted it? Does it feel super hollow like the bust or does it have some thickness...I wouldn't expect it to be solid.

Looks good.

averone
01-23-2010, 01:38 PM
Thank you everyone!

Please be patient I will answer all questions in due time!

Ash Housewares
01-23-2010, 02:18 PM
Take your time dude too admire this beauty. Its sooo much better painted than the one they showed at comic-con. How is isn't going to travel well to the UK though.

newcollector
01-23-2010, 02:26 PM
wow that is amazing the paint looks great!!!!! Your a lucky man!!!!!!!

averone
01-23-2010, 02:39 PM
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/averone_07/IM40.jpghttp://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/averone_07/IM41.jpg
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/averone_07/IM48.jpghttp://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/averone_07/IM42.jpg
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/averone_07/IM43.jpghttp://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/averone_07/IM44.jpg

averone
01-23-2010, 02:40 PM
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/averone_07/IM45.jpghttp://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/averone_07/IM46.jpg
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/averone_07/IM47.jpghttp://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/averone_07/IM49.jpg
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/averone_07/IM50.jpghttp://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/averone_07/IM51.jpg

Chapter 2099
WOW!!! Averone, that really "pops" on that black background! Great pics! Thanks for sharing!

averone
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/averone_07/IM52.jpghttp://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/averone_07/IM54.jpg
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/averone_07/IM55.jpg
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/averone_07/IM57.jpg
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/averone_07/IM58.jpg

IronLungs31
01-23-2010, 02:41 PM
That's my boy keep'em coming!

averone
01-23-2010, 02:41 PM
WOW!!! Averone, that really "pops" on that black background! Great pics! Thanks for sharing!

That light in the center of his chest makes it impossible to get a good picture!
And the fact that he is very heavy to turn is not helping either!

Chapter 2099
01-23-2010, 02:42 PM
That light in the center of his chest makes it impossible to get a good picture!

You did a phenomenal job with pictures, IMO. Thank you and congratulations! :rock

averone
01-23-2010, 02:42 PM
Any special requests??

I have Sideshow products, ARH 1/5, BD 1/6?

What would you like to see before I take this whole thing down and put them in their proper places!!

villainsfan42
01-23-2010, 02:46 PM

goddamn! that looks amazing! i wish i had the money/space to buy this..i might one day though, i dunno.

i have 2 questions for you: how's the paint? (better outcome than the bust?) and does the head turn at all, or is it just permanently looking to the side?

again, great pics. so lucky you got one! :o

IronLungs31
01-23-2010, 02:46 PM
Now, the million dollar question that I have for you... Are you going to get a second one and have it customized like you 1:1 bust? Now that would be just sick to have one that matches you custom bust. That hands down would win custom of the year in my book, and many other as well.

ecekat
01-23-2010, 02:48 PM
now you got the iron child,sell me the comiquette averone!!!!:lol:lol
congrats!:clap:clap:clapi wish i had the money to buy it!!!

rabid_wolf
01-23-2010, 02:53 PM
Any special requests??

What would you like to see before I take this whole thing down and put them in their proper places!!

congrats . The statue looks huge compared to the 1/4 scale IM. very nice. I think this is worth the money. Would love to see it with some other 1/4 scale sideshows like hulk, thor etc.

averone
01-23-2010, 02:57 PM
goddamn! that looks amazing! i wish i had the money/space to buy this..i might one day though, i dunno.

i have 2 questions for you: how's the paint? (better outcome than the bust?) and does the head turn at all, or is it just permanently looking to the side?

again, great pics. so lucky you got one! :o

Its is very much better than the 1:1 bust, an outstanding job!
It does have oil/dirt effects to cover some areas like the underarm and groin area but that just makes it more realist to me!

Now, the million dollar question that I have for you... Are you going to get a second one and have it customized like you 1:1 bust? Now that would be just sick to have one that matches you custom bust. That hands down would win custom of the year in my book, and many other as well.

Hummm... I am not sure! I think I will wait to get the Warmachine based on this statue that Sideshow puts out!

now you got the iron child,sell me the comiquette averone!!!!:lol:lol
congrats!:clap:clap:clapi wish i had the money to buy it!!!

LOL!
No way man!

Im a collector the ultimate IM shop!!
:chase

averone
01-23-2010, 02:57 PM
congrats . The statue looks huge compared to the 1/4 scale IM. very nice. I think this is worth the money. Would love to see it with some other 1/4 scale sideshows like hulk, thor etc.

Oh god!
Not Hulk!!

How about Thor!!

SOLIDSNAKE
01-23-2010, 03:00 PM
WOW !! that looks amazing.
I have to own this piece.

thanks for the pics.

Skiman
01-23-2010, 03:07 PM
HOLY JEEZUS, congrats AV!

averone
01-23-2010, 03:19 PM
Where is Mike?

Man oh man!
You got to get one of these!!

Holy Jezzus is right!

averone
01-23-2010, 04:06 PM
And where the heck is Bodie The Cursed?

I like to see his face now!

LOL!

ecekat
01-23-2010, 04:08 PM
And where the heck is Bodie The Cursed?

I like to see his face now!

LOL!

it's under the base of the maquette!!:lol:lol:lol

averone
01-23-2010, 04:13 PM
it's under the base of the maquette!!:lol:lol:lol

LOL!
It too early to tell but I bet this is going to be a real winner from Sideshow!

Oh btw Sideshow, I know you are reading this...
Thank you for listening to us and thank you for making this happen!

ecekat
01-23-2010, 04:16 PM
LOL!
It too early to tell but I bet this is going to be a real winner from Sideshow!

Oh btw Sideshow, I know you are reading this...
Thank you for listening to us and thank you for making this happen!

now make one 1/4 maquette for the poor guys!:lol:lol:lol:lol

Skiman
01-23-2010, 04:20 PM
now make one 1/4 maquette for the poor guys!:lol:lol:lol:lol

It's all ready out it's called IM Ex Com :rotfl

Voorhees27
01-23-2010, 04:25 PM
WOW! Amazing! Congrats Averone, you're definitely the Iron Man king around here.

That thing is simply beautiful.

ecekat
01-23-2010, 04:30 PM
It's all ready out it's called IM Ex Com :rotfl

:banghead:banghead:bangheadi want this comiquette like drug addict needs the drugs...really..

spidermonkey
01-23-2010, 04:51 PM
It looks awesome averone congrats. It makes me real eager to get mine in.

The Tuggernaut
01-23-2010, 04:53 PM
Oh my god! :drool :drool :rock :rock :rock !!! :rock ##%&**%#^$#

Looks like a winner! Congrats to you, Averone, and thanks for the awesome pics! :rock I want mine now! I might just pay the money up front, and screw the Flex-Pay. I'll think about it. Such an amazingly awesome piece.

Superman
01-23-2010, 04:56 PM
Any special requests??

My main question is how smooth is the paint all around. Did they leave some area's more rough like around the neck and under the arms vs the normal amount of polishing that is needed to make the paint smooth like an automobile? Also, is it hollow on the inside?

Minimodel
01-23-2010, 05:11 PM
Thanks for taking the time and trouble to photograph this and congratulations!

averone
01-23-2010, 05:35 PM
More pics guys!
I told you you will get sick of me! ;)

The sun came out and I took some quick photos under much better lighting.

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/averone_07/IM66.jpghttp://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/averone_07/IM67.jpg
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/averone_07/IM68.jpghttp://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/averone_07/IM70.jpg

averone
01-23-2010, 05:36 PM
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/averone_07/IM73.jpghttp://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/averone_07/IM80.jpg
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/averone_07/IM84.jpghttp://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/averone_07/IM86.jpg

averone
01-23-2010, 05:36 PM
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/averone_07/IM87.jpg http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/averone_07/IM76.jpghttp://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/averone_07/IM77.jpghttp://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/averone_07/IM78.jpg

averone
01-23-2010, 05:37 PM
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/averone_07/IM75.jpghttp://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/averone_07/IM79.jpg

I found out a great way to put on the nuts if your alone. Just put the base on a double corner of the desk and put the screws in:

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/averone_07/IM63.jpghttp://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/averone_07/IM62.jpg

averone
01-23-2010, 05:37 PM
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/averone_07/IM89.jpghttp://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/averone_07/IM91.jpghttp://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/averone_07/IM90.jpg

averone
01-23-2010, 05:38 PM
Ok Im done! Time to go get some fresh air!
It was fun!

Good luck to all of you and enjoy!! ;)

plasmid303
01-23-2010, 05:41 PM
That's the most impressive Iron Man movie collectible I've ever seen.

kentox
01-23-2010, 06:04 PM
A piece to behold. I'm not a major IM fan but he is spectacular and would love to have him squeeze into my 1br apt:rotfl
Beautiful pictures and a excellent addition to your amazing IM collection.:D

abnpredator
01-23-2010, 06:04 PM
Ok Im done! Time to go get some fresh air!
It was fun!

Good luck to all of you and enjoy!! ;)

You are the MAN averone. Thanks much for taking out the time to do this for the rest of us. The wait until March just got a whole lot longer for me.. :lol:(

SOLIDSNAKE
01-23-2010, 06:20 PM
That's the most impressive Iron Man movie collectible I've ever seen.

you said man !
WOW ! I cant stop looking at this thing.
the more I see it the more I want this.
I think I will jump on flex pay.
this collectible will be part of my collection one day for sure.
I wish I had my new house because I have no room to display this masterpiece.

fuzzylojiks
01-23-2010, 06:20 PM
Awesome! Warmachine next!!! :D

http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af105/Fuzzylojiks/Ironmanbigfuzz.jpg

quadcent
01-23-2010, 08:34 PM
congrats on the great piece man, and that he arrived in good condition.
i just wish i had the room for this sucker or i would be ordering him right now.:monkey2

SquiderM3
01-23-2010, 08:59 PM
i just wish i had the room for this sucker or i would be ordering him right now.:monkey2

Whatever!:lol

If you have room for a 7 foot Hulk, I'm sure you can find a spot for this.:monkey5

averone
01-23-2010, 09:00 PM

If you have room for a 7 foot Hulk, I'm sure you can find a spot for this.:monkey5

Yes he is actually not that big!
Really!

averone
01-23-2010, 09:01 PM
you said man !
WOW ! I cant stop looking at this thing.
the more I see it the more I want this.
I think I will jump on flex pay.
this collectible will be part of my collection one day for sure.
I wish I had my new house because I have no room to display this masterpiece.

Solid, you can make room!
Just get rid of the couch if you have to!!

This one is well worth it!
WOW!

averone
01-23-2010, 09:02 PM
My main question is how smooth is the paint all around. Did they leave some area's more rough like around the neck and under the arms vs the normal amount of polishing that is needed to make the paint smooth like an automobile? Also, is it hollow on the inside?

Everything is as smooth as can be!
Much better than the 1:1 bust!

Now I have to mention I did not touch the underarms or the groin area!
Thats because if you are an avid IM collector you just dont do that!
:rotfl:lol

averone
01-23-2010, 09:03 PM
:banghead:banghead:bangheadi want this comiquette like drug addict needs the drugs...really..

Is that why I am so high right now!?!

LOL
:peace

averone
01-23-2010, 09:05 PM
You did a phenomenal job with pictures, IMO. Thank you and congratulations! :rock

Thank you sir!
I wanted you to see the thing as it is!
All kinds of lighting and arrangements.

And its a real winner!
Sideshow really surprised me this time!

Vader AL
01-23-2010, 09:10 PM
thanks for the pics averone and CONGRATS!!! if it was $1500 i would bite but thank goodness it's not...must keep money for 1:1 vader bust....must keep money for.......

averone
01-23-2010, 09:32 PM
New pics added on page 12!

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/fo...=70650&page=12

I am not big on words and just like to use my camera to do the talking. Yet this time I am compelled to add a quick review to this thread. After for what most of us went through with the Sideshow 1:1 bust, to get this fantastic statue and in much better paint app, quality and packaging, I have to say hats off to you Sideshow for providing me and my fellow IM fans/fanatics the soon to be the ultimate IM grail!
It was unfortunate to see Batman29 both beat me to the punch and see his statue be damaged in shipping! Yet I cant thank him enough for his time and effort to provide us with the first photos! After anxiously opening my statue I was pleasantly treated to an on hand presentation that surpassed my every expectation.

The packing I think is as good as its going to get, everything was used...stryo, padding, padded film/plastic, and tape. It was packed well and came with a QC sticker right on top!
Surprise, surprise! It was immaculate!

Assembly was easy and if you can lift 50lbs you should be able to do it yourself. Just take care inserting the leg pins.

Ok, the quality of paint application is so much better than the 1:1 paint that it makes this statue look like its painted in gold and automotive red paint!
Yes there are some rough edges but they are cleverly covered up in the right spots by oil marks. These are on the groin area, under the arm area, and under the shoulderpads.
There is also a true shine to the gold that we dont see on the 1:1 bust. Looks like they used some type of gloss paint on top of the initial paint up.

Ok my only complaint is that the chest light blinds you! Its even bright in the daylight!!
For night photo shoots I had a heck of a time getting any good photos on this statue!

So is it worth $2K, I really think so! And I am not saying this cause I am an IM fan!
I have many statues in my collection and they have to be hand painted commissioned jobs to come close to the paint app on this statue!

What else can I say? If your on the fence about his, dont hesitate jump in and enjoy one the best collectible movie statues in a decade!
Nice going Sideshow!

Many thanks everyone for your kind comments and your support!

God bliss and see you on the forum!

Alex A.

averone
01-23-2010, 09:33 PM
thanks for the pics averone and CONGRATS!!! if it was $1500 i would bite but thak goodness it's not...must keep money for 1:1 vader bust....must keep money for.......

Yes may the force be with you!!

I am getting him for sure!!

mt24
01-23-2010, 09:49 PM
Congrats averone!
You've proven everyone that said this piece was gonna be a failure wrong.
Phenomenal piece and pictures!
I may have to save up and purchase one for myself now.

thx217
01-23-2010, 10:00 PM
Sideshow did learned something after all. Good job, Sideshow....this time around.

Atheris
01-23-2010, 10:39 PM
I must say im very impressed with this piece....and thanks to averone I have just placed my order for one.

Averone, are you able to get the dimensions of this piece (hight, width)? I will be calling my buddie tomorrow to get started on making a plexi display case for this when it arrives in march.

Chris

abnpredator
01-23-2010, 11:16 PM
I must say im very impressed with this piece....and thanks to averone I have just placed my order for one.

Averone, are you able to get the dimensions of this piece (hight, width)? I will be calling my buddie tomorrow to get started on making a plexi display case for this when it arrives in march.

Chris

Chris, first congratulations man. Second, could you let me know how much your display case ends up costing you? Thanks sir.

drjedisith
01-23-2010, 11:34 PM
holy lord! this is unreal. congrats !!

quadcent
01-23-2010, 11:47 PM

yeah but i really wouldn't want to put this out in the shop with Hulky.:monkey3
i don't know, i might actually pull the trigger on this one later if they're still available, but i afraid then it may open the flood gates for more 1/2 scales:monkey2 and then i'd have to totally change my collection to find room for them.

Atheris
01-23-2010, 11:48 PM
Chris, first congratulations man. Second, could you let me know how much your display case ends up costing you? Thanks sir.

Thanks man...
Im gussing the acrylic top will be around $180-$200 and the base will be about $200+ since it will be my own custom design.
When I had a case made for my 1/6 tumbler it came out to about $300.
But I will will give you a more accurate # when by buddie gives me the real cost.

Chris

wofford29
01-24-2010, 12:01 AM
If I liked Iron Man more I'd be all over this. Looks great.

averone
01-24-2010, 12:02 AM

Chris

Chris:

I may need you to give me a deal on one of these plexi cases!
They are not cheap anymore!
I need all shapes and sizes!

Let me get the measurements for you.

Bodie The Cursed
01-24-2010, 12:09 AM
My thoughts:

Looks nice.. But not $2,000 nice..

Thanks for listening...

The Tuggernaut
01-24-2010, 12:28 AM
I really like these pics. Great size comparisons, and gives me an idea of how large he is. Thanks again, Av.

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/averone_07/IM58.jpg

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/averone_07/IM90.jpg

averone
01-24-2010, 01:04 AM
My thoughts:

Thanks for listening...

:lecture

:wave

Blackthornone
01-24-2010, 01:08 AM
My thoughts:

Thanks for listening...

If the bust is worth $600, then this is worth $2000. I'm not a big fan of this armor, and I don't have the space, or the money, so I'm not buying this, unless I win like 60 mil.

Bodie The Cursed
01-24-2010, 01:17 AM
The bust isnt worth 600. Its worth 1/2 that.. In all fairness so is this..

chris rankin
01-24-2010, 01:28 AM
Congrats Averone, great pics and your IM collection looks amazing. I cant wait for mine to come. Do you think they will put European power adapters in the box instead of US ones as I don't see any place for batteries on this. If I had one small gripe it would be the base is too plain, might have been nicer if they put the IM nameplate on it. Thanks again for the teaser, it is going to be a long wait. :D

Atheris
01-24-2010, 01:30 AM

What would make it worth $2000 to you then?

Chris

greatwall
01-24-2010, 01:36 AM
This piece looks amazing. It a must have for any Ironman collectors.

rabid_wolf
01-24-2010, 01:41 AM
I really like these pics. Great size comparisons, and gives me an idea of how large he is. Thanks again, Av.

LOL in this shot the Thor looks like a 1/6th bowen figure. For those who have Thor and know the size of that PF, says a lot about the size of the IM maquette.

SOLIDSNAKE
01-24-2010, 01:45 AM

here we go again.

in bodie's mind all collectibles should be worth 2 dollars so he can afford them.
the moment he cant afford them it's no good.
this guy makes me laugh. Sideshow must laugh at comments like this.

hey bodie !! I suggest you buy your collectibles here.
they have them arround your price range.
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n9/snake_029/4aaa514f4f408c1e8a376e8e7158.jpg

Atheris
01-24-2010, 01:49 AM
Chris:

I may need you to give me a deal on one of these plexi cases!
They are not cheap anymore!
I need all shapes and sizes!

Let me get the measurements for you.

Ya man I could probably get a deal on one for you....but shipping would be pretty steep to your location. Which may defeat the whole "cost efficient" thing...

Chris

Atheris
01-24-2010, 02:00 AM
here we go again.

in bodie's mind all collectibles should be worth 2 dollars so he can afford them.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n9/snake_029/4aaa514f4f408c1e8a376e8e7158.jpg

:rotfl

Chris

thx217
01-24-2010, 02:15 AM
My thoughts:

Thanks for listening...

http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/290/av13544.gif (http://img63.imageshack.us/i/av13544.gif/)

-jay-
01-24-2010, 02:38 AM
Congrats averone it looks stunning! :rock

-jay-
01-24-2010, 02:40 AM

Chris

Pretty harsh but still funny. :lol

Atheris
01-24-2010, 02:44 AM
Pretty harsh but still funny. :lol

Some people just deserve it....

Chris

Bubbles
01-24-2010, 02:57 AM
Looks great - look forward to seeing pics of it in an acrylic case if you do go ahead with that idea, but sadly not worth the money it would take to get him into the UK.

ecekat
01-24-2010, 02:59 AM
What would make it worth $2000 to you then?

Chris

jenna jameson for a night !!!!:naughty:naughty:naughty

Bubbles
01-24-2010, 03:00 AM
jenna jameson for a night !!!!:naughty:naughty:naughty

You seen her lately?????

The Tuggernaut
01-24-2010, 03:01 AM
You seen her lately?????

:lecture :lecture :rotfl

ecekat
01-24-2010, 03:02 AM
You seen her lately?????

of course!!shall i tell her something??:lol:lol:lol

Bubbles
01-24-2010, 03:03 AM
of course!!shall i tell her something??:lol:lol:lol

Yeah, tell her to stop sparring with Tito.

zimbo
01-24-2010, 06:09 AM
Man I love this piece, BIG congrats Averone. I am a huge Ironman fan as well and have always admired your IM collection mate, I would really love to have this, but I just cant afford it right now and the cost of getting it into the UK would be horrendous as well, so looks I might never get this :(

Thanks for the awesome pics :drool

Ash Housewares
01-24-2010, 07:00 AM
50 Cents is about as far as bodies budget will allow.

I would rahter spend twice the amount on this statue than 2 grand for a night with Jenna Jameson. She's got nasty boobies and vadge like a cave

ink
01-24-2010, 07:10 AM
Sideshow did learned something after all. Good job, Sideshow....this time around.

they knew if they had a prob ob this one there's be a major s**t storm :lol

thx217
01-24-2010, 07:27 AM
they knew if they had a prob ob this one there's be a major s**t storm :lol

Indeed, "major s**t storm" will be an understatement. :lol

Ash Housewares
01-24-2010, 07:29 AM
The colour seems alot brighter than the proto shown at SDCC. Maybe its just the photography. Not that I give a crap cos this maquette is simply AWES

vader70450
01-24-2010, 07:47 AM
50 Cents is about as far as bodies budget will allow.

I would rahter spend twice the amount on this statue than 2 grand for a night with Jenna Jameson. She's got nasty boobies and vadge like a cave

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

thx217
01-24-2010, 07:57 AM
The colour seems alot brighter than the proto shown at SDCC. Maybe its just the photography. Not that I give a crap cos this maquette is simply AWES

It is not the photography. The paint/color Sideshow decided to use on the final production piece is far more accurate then the show piece and that is how it should look like in the first place.

Both Averon and I posted about this that this is the first time for a long time that the production piece is superior than the proto/show piece.

Bodie The Cursed
01-24-2010, 08:21 AM
here we go again.

I only collect high end Quality collectibles, a number of my pieces contain real gold/silver/rubies.. No room for cheap/common stuff..

IM 1:1 is overpriced/under quality..

This is overpriced/quality at least..

But to pay $2,000?.. And you say Sideshow is laughing at me?.. You guys need therapy..

Also novice attempt at a rip on me.. :rolleyes:

Ash Housewares
01-24-2010, 08:31 AM
If you think these statues are common and cheap then why are you a member here. You are only on here to put down people and thier collectibles to make yourself feel better. I've not been here long but I have been Reading the threads long before I joined and you seem like a really nasty person with nothing good to say. What is your curse bodie? That you are a pessamistic loner who doesn't wan't anyone else to enjoy thier hobby?

SpenK
01-24-2010, 08:36 AM
I only collect high end Quality collectibles, a number of my pieces contain real gold/silver/rubies.. No room for cheap/common stuff..

IM 1:1 is overpriced/under quality..

This is overpriced/quality at least..

But to pay $2,000?.. And you say Sideshow is laughing at me?.. You guys need therapy..

Also novice attempt at a rip on me.. :rolleyes:

.......................................... :rolleyes: ...........................:dump

-jay-
01-24-2010, 08:53 AM
I don't think it's overpriced & if i had another $2000 to spend after my Endo i'd buy this in a heartbeat!

thx217
01-24-2010, 09:28 AM

WOW....no offense but your comment totally reminded me of somebody.....

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h279/thx217/m80kwe9d.jpg

OCP
01-24-2010, 09:33 AM
The pics look good. I hope this is still around once I can afford it. Need to pay the Vader bust off first.

aslan_gfx
01-24-2010, 10:54 AM
here we go again.

http://www.dresdenpension.com/dresdenblog/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/10032008-094.jpg

thanks averone for all this Pictures and congrats to that Masterpiece :rock

Anakin
01-24-2010, 10:57 AM
This piece looks nice,..too bad it's hollow cast!!,..and a very thin cast,... that cheapens the piece imo

Skiman
01-24-2010, 11:06 AM
This piece looks nice,..too bad it's hollow cast!!,..and a very thin cast,... that cheapens the piece imo

THAT is what would scare me.... :horror

rabid_wolf
01-24-2010, 12:23 PM

How do we know its thin. Didnt Averone say its over 50 pounds?

Superman
01-24-2010, 12:33 PM

The broken arm shows the cast is super thin. That is the only thing keeping me from placing an order for this. The grease marks on the scruffy parts left unpolished is also a turn off. The paint on the mask and body otherwise looks outstanding, I just wish the price was $1,499 since I feel it is not worth $2,000. If it was thicker and smooth polish all around, then I could justify paying that much.

Superman
01-24-2010, 12:36 PM
How do we know its thin. Didnt Averone say its over 50 pounds?

The picture with the broken arm shows the hollow interior and how thick the body is. Perhaps we can get an exact measurement from the broken piece.

Skiman
01-24-2010, 12:41 PM
The picture with the broken arm shows the hollow interior and how thick the body is. Perhaps we can get an exact measurement from the broken piece.

Or the thickness of metal from the inside to the out.

averone
01-24-2010, 12:44 PM
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/averone_07/f3c13528.jpg

Some of you asked for a base measurements
this may help. Sideshows measurements are correct

Atheris
01-24-2010, 12:55 PM
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/averone_07/f3c13528.jpg

Some of you asked for a base measurements
this may help. Sideshows measurements are correct

Thanks Averone!....do you have the exact hight to the top of IM head as well? I will be calling my friend shortly to give him these dimensions.

Chris

Darth Waller
01-24-2010, 01:49 PM
That's a great looking piece, but I wish Sideshow had done the Mark 3 maquette instead of the Mark 1 maquette for us poor folk. :lecture

ecekat
01-24-2010, 01:52 PM
That's a great looking piece, but I wish Sideshow had done the Mark 3 maquette instead of the Mark 1 maquette for us poor folk. :lecture

:lecture:lecture:lectureshall we expect anything ??i cannot afford this child damned:banghead:banghead

ink
01-24-2010, 01:54 PM

maybe we will with ironman 2 coming out soon

Skiman
01-24-2010, 01:55 PM

U'll get it Waller no worries and write that down.

Darth Waller
01-24-2010, 01:59 PM

No sir. That's about 7 or 8 PFs. :google

Skiman
01-24-2010, 01:59 PM
No sir. That's about 7 or 8 PFs. :google

:lol:lol:lol

quadcent
01-24-2010, 02:03 PM

damn, just broke another pencil.:banghead

ecekat
01-24-2010, 02:08 PM

are you talking about the 1/2 maquette or the upcoming 1/4??:confused::confused:

Vader AL
01-24-2010, 02:12 PM
think we'll ever get a 1:2 Hulk?

Skiman
01-24-2010, 02:16 PM
are you talking about the 1/2 maquette or the upcoming 1/4??:confused::confused:

:lecture :lecture :lecture

abnpredator
01-24-2010, 02:21 PM

I love me some movie Hulk, but no. Not a chance.

Movie Iron Man MUCH MUCH MUCH more popular than move Hulk.

Besides, knowing Sideshow they would just make a 1:2 double down syndrome Hulk. No thanks.

Deadly Dagger
01-24-2010, 02:34 PM
How heavy was it when you lifted it? Does it feel super hollow like the bust or does it have some thickness...I wouldn't expect it to be solid.

Looks good.

Good question DD...I would like to know this as well...

abnpredator
01-24-2010, 03:22 PM
Good question DD...I would like to know this as well...

I'm pretty sure he said it was in the 50 pound range.

averone
01-24-2010, 03:42 PM
51lbs is what the box said!

Hay, how about more cool pics!
Since Im the only one with one?

ecekat
01-24-2010, 03:43 PM
51lbs is what the box said!

Hay, how about more cool pics!
Since Im the only one with one?

:monkey5:monkey5:monkey5:monkey5:monkey5post and dont ask please!

averone
01-24-2010, 03:45 PM
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/averone_07/IM100.jpghttp://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/averone_07/IM101.jpghttp://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/averone_07/IM102.jpg

averone
01-24-2010, 03:45 PM
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/averone_07/IM104.jpghttp://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/averone_07/IM106.jpg

averone
01-24-2010, 04:04 PM
Thanks Averone!....do you have the exact hight to the top of IM head as well? I will be calling my friend shortly to give him these dimensions.

Chris

40" dont forget to give enough room for the glass. Add about at least 2" all around!

averone
01-24-2010, 04:28 PM
Working on a Youtube video now!
Not as nice as some of you but it should be good!

;)

Skiman
01-24-2010, 05:07 PM
Working on a Youtube video now!
Not as nice as some of you but it should be good!

;)

I wanna hear AV's voice. No music and a complete critique as Robin Leech would do from the rich and famous.

Please no zoom ins and outs slowly going up and down the statue with some EPIC soundtrack from a war hero movie :lecture :rolleyes: :D

averone
01-24-2010, 05:23 PM
I AM IRON MAN!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3f04KArApQ

Skiman
01-24-2010, 05:25 PM
I AM IRON MAN!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3f04KArApQ

I wanna hear AV's voice. No music and a complete critique as Robin Leech would do from the rich and famous.

Please no zoom ins and outs slowly going up and down the statue with some EPIC soundtrack from a war hero movie :lecture :rolleyes:

:lecture :lecture :lecture :banghead:banghead :duh :rotfl:lol

Skiman
01-24-2010, 05:26 PM
Good vid, thanks AV :rock

averone
01-24-2010, 05:26 PM

Please no zoom ins and outs slowly going up and down the statue with some EPIC soundtrack from a war hero movie :lecture :rolleyes: :D

Some day!
Some day!
But just not today!

I look like Sh@@!!
I was partying all last night!

As real Stark would do! :lol

Skiman
01-24-2010, 05:30 PM
Some day!
Some day!
But just not today!

I look like Sh@@!!
I was partying all last night!

As real Stark would do! :lol

:dunno :dunno :dunno :lol

http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/Entertainment/images-2/Robert-Downey-Jr-mugshot.jpg

aslan_gfx
01-24-2010, 05:44 PM

:rotfl :rotfl

villainsfan42
01-24-2010, 05:46 PM
[CENTER]http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/averone_07/IM52.jpg
:horror
is this the ht mark III? http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww297/villainsfan42/miniman.jpg?t=1264380002

it looks so damn tiny in your pic "mini iron man" :lol

averone
01-24-2010, 06:11 PM
:horror
is this the ht mark III? http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww297/villainsfan42/miniman.jpg?t=1264380002

it looks so damn tiny in your pic "mini iron man" :lol

Yes, it's tiny!

Bezzerkerr
01-24-2010, 07:40 PM
JAW DROPPING

villainsfan42
01-24-2010, 08:00 PM
Yes, it's tiny!

goddamn, that makes my ht mk III feel depressed :lol

Skiman
01-24-2010, 08:15 PM
lil man syndrome.

Bodie The Cursed
01-24-2010, 08:21 PM
Paper thin hollow eh?..

*sighs* Like poor little lemmings being lead into the water...

Skiman
01-24-2010, 08:29 PM
Paper thin hollow eh?..

*sighs* Like poor little lemmings being lead into the water...

http://thumb11.shutterstock.com.edgesuite.net/display_pic_with_logo/92512/92512,1212906161,12/stock-photo-splashing-lemon-into-a-water-13503577.jpg

Atheris
01-24-2010, 08:29 PM
Averone,
FYI.....I got a price back from my buddie whos making the display case for my 1:2 IM. He's quoted me $550 for this one because im going with 5mm plexi....same as my CM predator.

Chris

fuzzylojiks
01-24-2010, 08:39 PM
pardon the intrusion but what are the benefits of plexi over glass (besides shatterability), just wondering.

spidermonkey
01-24-2010, 08:43 PM
Plexi is much much lighter.

spidermonkey
01-24-2010, 08:45 PM

Here you go.
http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=99936

Atheris
01-24-2010, 09:00 PM
pardon the intrusion but what are the benefits of plexi over glass (besides shatterability), just wondering.

If a case were made out of glass @ the same dimensions as plexi it would weigh all kinds. Plexi is durable and MUCH lighter....with the same benefits of glass.

Chris

averone
01-24-2010, 09:13 PM
If a case were made out of glass @ the same dimensions as plexi it would weigh all kinds. Plexi is durable and MUCH lighter....with the same benefits of glass.

Chris

Oh boy!
And shipping for this monster of a case?

averone
01-24-2010, 09:16 PM

Gosh! Thats alot to ask for!

Ok, you may see mini me instead next to the statue:

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/averone_07/IM200.jpg

:ted

abnpredator
01-24-2010, 09:16 PM

Chris

Hey Chris, how much do you think it would cost me to do just a nice plexi pedestal custom made for this guy? My main concern is that I just want him off the floor. I'm thinking a 20" tall plexi-pedestal would be about right? If in my position, how tall would you want the pedestal to be considering the Maquette is already 40" tall itself.

Just kinda ballgaming the ideas around. Thanks man.

Skiman
01-24-2010, 09:21 PM

and hence the name on why I called this piece Iron Child :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:lol

Great pic :rock

villainsfan42
01-24-2010, 09:27 PM

out of curiosity, how tall is your kid? either way, that statue is freaking huge!
you're real lucky to have it, i wish i had the money for it! :(

Atheris
01-24-2010, 09:45 PM
Hey Chris, how much do you think it would cost me to do just a nice plexi pedestal custom made for this guy? My main concern is that I just want him off the floor. I'm thinking a 20" tall plexi-pedestal would be about right? If in my position, how tall would you want the pedestal to be considering the Maquette is already 40" tall itself.

Just kinda ballgaming the ideas around. Thanks man.

Hey man, your going to need $400 with the top and base MINIMUM. Mine will be a little more expensive because im having it made out of carbon fiber. If your looking for a pedestal to hold up your case I would guess $500-$600. I would be able to get you a pretty good deal on a quality built case if you lived locally. But long distance shipping takes alot away from that....

Chris

Verbal21
01-24-2010, 09:49 PM
awesome pics:rock The movie Mk III is hands down, my favorite IM armor EVER!!!!!

Atheris
01-24-2010, 09:54 PM
out of curiosity, how tall is your kid? either way, that statue is freaking huge!

What I love most about this pic is that "DAD" it teaching/sharing a common interst with his kid. I wish my dad was the same way...instead of making me feel like the recluse of the family when I was child. You seem like a very caring parent and friend to your kid averone.

Chris

Skiman
01-24-2010, 09:58 PM

I'd guess 48 inches :lol

averone
01-24-2010, 10:07 PM

The kid is 48" or almost 4 ft.

averone
01-24-2010, 10:08 PM
What I love most about this pic is that "DAD" it teaching/sharing a common interst with his kid. I wish my dad was the same way...instead of making me feel like the recluse of the family when I was child. You seem like a very caring parent and friend to your kid averone.

Chris

Thank you Chris. My boys are my world!
I have to be their Iron man ;)

They are a part of my passion for the hobby, in fact they will get most of this stuff when Im gone.

Batman29
01-24-2010, 10:09 PM
Hey guys I started mulit-quoting all the sympathies, and there were so many I stopped, :lol

Thanks for all the comments everyone, I really appreciate the support.

Just to answer a few things I was reading:

1. Yes, I will be getting another one, it is that goood.

2. Yes, there are a lot of grease marks. And they are where they should be.

If you are looking for a 1:2 IM suit, like one where it comes off the assembly line before Tony Stark wears it, then this is NOT for you.

If you are looking for one where it shows that Tony Stark has used the suit, and has no battle damage, then this IS for you.

IMO, the paint job is far superior to the bust, and there is very little to no uneven surfaces, or parts that look dented, or uneven flow like we saw on the busts.

And the color accuracy: SS/Legacy nailed it bang on.

Would have I changed some things on this if I were the designer in charge? Sure, but those are personal preference things, not global.

SS, awesome job.

Batman29
01-24-2010, 10:10 PM
Averone, thanks for taking the time to posting all the pics!

I have going through them, and it looks great. Love the pic with your kid!

Skiman
01-24-2010, 10:15 PM
Thank you Chris. My boys are my world!
I have to be their Iron man ;)

They are a part of my passion for the hobby, in fact they will get most of this stuff when Im gone.

I find great qualities in sharing this with your family and your boys as I will with my collection. I'm sure they will be grateful and appreciate the good ole days spending time with their father and the stories, I only wish I had as I grew up. That's why I intend to make this a part of my own childrens life once the wife and I start on our family.

averone
01-24-2010, 10:34 PM
I find great qualities in sharing this with your family and your boys as I will with my collection. I'm sure they will be grateful and appreciate the good ole days spending time with their father and the stories, I only wish I had as I grew up. That's why I intend to make this a part of my own childrens life once the wife and I start on our family.

There is no other satisfaction than sharing what you have with your kids.

Well, there is no better time than now!
Get busy with the wife! :rolleyes:

Batman29
01-24-2010, 10:35 PM

Ski, I have two kids, eight and 10. They love doing this with me, I just make sure I don't spend all my time doing this with them, :lol

They are both suggesting plans as to where the new Iron Man replacement will go, and they are running around with tape measures, it so fun to watch.

You will enjoy it a great deal.

averone
01-24-2010, 10:36 PM
Hey guys I started mulit-quoting all the sympathies, and there were so many I stopped, :lol

If you are looking for a 1:2 IM suit, like one where it comes off the assembly line before Tony Stark wears it, then this is NOT for you.

If you are looking for one where it shows that Tony Stark has used the suit, and has no battle damage, then this IS for you.

IMO, the paint job is far superior to the bust, and there is very little to no uneven surfaces, or parts that look dented, or uneven flow like we saw on the busts.

Would have I changed some things on this if I were the designer in charge? Sure, but those are personal preference things, not global.

SS, awesome job.

I bet you will have your replacement in march! Maybe sooner!
Please post pictures of it for all of us to see.

Thank you for your great review and your input.

darthjuan007
01-24-2010, 10:44 PM
I'm more of a Terminator guy but....that is one great piece!!! Looks awesome and great score!!!:chew:chew

ChrisCJ99
01-25-2010, 01:14 AM
Man, those pics look great..... Nice looking piece. The little imperfections would drive me nuts, but maybe that's because the IM 1:1 plague is instilled in my brain :dunno

Congrats though! :rock

Superman
01-25-2010, 05:53 AM

SS, awesome job.

Thanks for the write up. AS for donating the broken piece to an orphanage since it is fixable would be something you and sideshow could arrange. Kid's love these statue's even more than we grown ups do. What better place than somewhere where thousands of kids will get to see this displayed than an orphanage. What a waste if you have to destroy it. Talk to sideshow, I'm pretty sure they would let you give it away after a "Liquid Cement" session to an orphanage. Take some pictures of it there and you have instant publicity that would enhance Sideshow's status for allowing it. Make something good come out of a broken piece.

Minimodel
01-25-2010, 08:48 AM
Thanks for the write up. AS for donating the broken piece to an orphanage since it is fixable would be something you and sideshow could arrange. Kid's love these statue's even more than we grown ups do. What better place than somewhere where thousands of kids will get to see this displayed than an orphanage. What a waste if you have to destroy it. Talk to sideshow, I'm pretty sure they would let you give it away after a "Liquid Cement" session to an orphanage. Take some pictures of it there and you have instant publicity that would enhance Sideshow's status for allowing it. Make something good come out of a broken piece.

Yeah,great idea,you d never believe it but I opened an orphanage last week.It s called "Minimodels Orphanage" and u can PM me for the address:D i ll make sure all the chavs..errr,sweet,adorable children led by Tiny Tim all gather round before heading off to Hushabye mountain in offering prayer and thanks to yourself and the good people of Sideshow.And come the morning,we ll all gather before a hearty breakfast of porridge and a beating for a good ol' Cockney knees-up in a ____ Van Dyke stylee.All together now,"The old bamboo,the old bamboo,you d betterneverbotherwiththeoldbamboo...."

Skiman
01-25-2010, 08:53 AM
Yeah,great idea,you d never believe it but I opened an orphanage last week.It s called "Minimodels Orphanage" and u can PM me for the address:D i ll make sure all the chavs..errr,sweet,adorable children led by Tiny Tim all gather round before heading off to Hushabye mountain in offering prayer and thanks to yourself and the good people of Sideshow.And come the morning,we ll all gather before a hearty breakfast of porridge and a beating for a good ol' Cockney knees-up in a ____ Van Dyke stylee.All together now,"The old bamboo,the old bamboo,you d betterneverbotherwiththeoldbamboo...."

:lol:lol:lol ur so :devil

POWER1010
01-25-2010, 09:25 AM
Awesome Piece!! congrats to those who have it and are waiting to get it :D

jye4ever
01-25-2010, 09:32 AM

I agree with Skiman.....this is some :lol:lol :rotfl :lol:lol stuff

jye4ever
01-25-2010, 09:39 AM
Nice pics Av

Just watched your YT video, thanks for posting.

But you only gave us a $1,000 view of the front, the back was missing...:lol

It goes w/o saying that your IM collection is akin to being President of the United States and Head of a Mexican Drug Cartel all at the same time, just gobs and gobs of bad ass...ness!

Oh, to Skiman and Chap.

I cancelled my Iron Child.....yes...lost the deposit.....but I felt at the end of the day he wasn't worth the 2G's.

Although I do believe he is worth $999.99. That I could see shelling out for him, just not the extra 1G.

Especially since I have my sights set on a 72" 3D TV.

Home Theater comes first before statues in my life now :naughty :horror :naughty

I just come here now to gawk, drool and then find out when marriages will occur and all kinds of other exciting personal life stories.

So, is Chap still dating Gellar? :dunno

creature4000
01-25-2010, 09:52 AM
Jye.. sorry to hear about the 1/2 IM cancellation.. but you made the best choice! I'm going thru cancellations now so I can upgrade other house hold stuff as well.

...plus the wife put a stop to most of my collection choices. :lol