PDA

View Full Version : Gambit cheaper than Silver Surfer????

Bullseye
01-21-2010, 06:55 AM
Seems strange that a 1/4 scale PF with COH and COHand is cheaper than the Silver Surfer which has been reported to be 1/5 scale. Even with an additional Hean/Hands no way should it be dearer?

Shai
01-21-2010, 06:58 AM
its like when Grey Hulk was selling for $100 than green Hulk...that was ____...

Bullseye
01-21-2010, 07:11 AM
If the Silver Surfer is 1/4 scale fair enough. Maybe the dimensions on the site are wrong.

Shai
01-21-2010, 07:12 AM
Wtf ____ is now banned...:monkey4

beachfox
01-21-2010, 07:58 AM
Cancel my surfer ex to exchange for gambit pf... think gambit is more worth it!! ;)

The ill Jedi
01-21-2010, 08:38 AM
I think the price difference has to do with the fact that Surfer comes with a lot more than Gambit.

Three switch-out heads with alternate expressions
Two sets of switch-out arms, including one set with arms extended and one set with arms extended wielding the power cosmic
One additional arm with fist pose
Sideshow Exclusive: Print of Artwork Inspired By the Product

I think this justifies the price difference.

Bullseye
01-21-2010, 08:44 AM
I think the price difference has to do with the fact that Surfer comes with a lot more than Gambit.

Three switch-out heads with alternate expressions
Two sets of switch-out arms, including one set with arms extended and one set with arms extended wielding the power cosmic
One additional arm with fist pose
Sideshow Exclusive: Print of Artwork Inspired By the Product

I think this justifies the price difference.

Well Gambit comes with:
2 Heads
2 switch out hands
Leather Coat
and Larger scale.

1/4 scale is so much bigger than 1/5th scale.

The ill Jedi
01-21-2010, 08:46 AM
Well Gambit comes with:
2 Heads
2 switch out hands
Leather Coat
and Larger scale.

Interesting, I didn't know it came with that much. Not sure what their reasoning for the price difference is then.

bagelsncheesey
01-21-2010, 08:49 AM
Well Gambit comes with:
2 Heads
2 switch out hands
Leather Coat
and Larger scale.

Coat looks fabric to me...?

ecekat
01-21-2010, 08:55 AM
Well Gambit comes with:
2 Heads
2 switch out hands
Leather Coat
and Larger scale.

:confused::confused:are you sure about that?maybe gambit has higher es=more profit..

The ill Jedi
01-21-2010, 08:57 AM
...maybe gambit has higher es=more profit..
I think ecekat may have finally made a good point. :D

Bullseye
01-21-2010, 08:58 AM
Not sure on the coat but its mixed media which normally equates to more expensive item.

Maybe there will be a bigger ES on this one but still doen't explain the price difference IF SS is 1/5th scale.

bagelsncheesey
01-21-2010, 09:04 AM
:lecture

i'm pretty sure that SS is indeed 1/4 scale, and seems to be a pretty big piece at almost 2 feet deep by 2 feet tall... that adds up to a lot of polystone... i think the price might indeed be justified.

i'm just happy that gambit is on the cheap side... ex will be mine :)

bagelsncheesey
01-21-2010, 09:05 AM
also, a must pose with the short hair, ala Jim Lee...

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q137/gambitgallery/Jim_Lee_NYC_05.jpg

The ill Jedi
01-21-2010, 09:07 AM
Yup, that short hair is the way to go, looks bad ass.

bagelsncheesey
01-21-2010, 09:16 AM
Yup, that short hair is the way to go, looks bad ass.

yeah, i really can't wait for this piece. gambit and wolverine were always my x-men favs.

The ill Jedi
01-21-2010, 09:21 AM
yeah, i really can't wait for this piece. gambit and wolverine were always my x-men favs.
It would be awesome if they made a Rogue PF to go with this.

If they make a Psylocke PF I will lose my damn mind! :D

Hulksmashed
01-21-2010, 09:21 AM
Might be as simple as Silver Surfer is just more popular then gambit. Or at least presumed to be....

maybe the paint for silver surfer is more expensive or more complicated application

bagelsncheesey
01-21-2010, 09:47 AM
It would be awesome if they made a Rogue PF to go with this.

If they make a Psylocke PF I will lose my damn mind! :D

man o man, i'd love a rogue pf to go with this. always liked them as a couple. having a hard time thinking of a proper rogue pose on her feet, as i'd rather her not be flying.

maybe the paint for silver surfer is more expensive or more complicated application

good call, might be the case.

hunnipot85
01-21-2010, 10:00 AM
having a hard time thinking of a proper rogue pose on her feet, as i'd rather her not be flying.

How about her holding something heavy with one hand? A rock or maybe a sentinel head? :D

daikkenaurora
01-21-2010, 10:42 AM
Thats interesting. I dont see why .

Ktjn
01-21-2010, 12:49 PM

That would have made for a nice head. I dislike Tony's grimacing teeth look, just because the mouth/teeth can never be painted "right".

bagelsncheesey
01-21-2010, 12:50 PM
How about her holding something heavy with one hand? A rock or maybe a sentinel head? :D

If it's something like that, then yes. :cool:

Bishop
01-21-2010, 12:55 PM
I don't recall the Surfer being reported as anything but 1/4 scale. Compared to the new 1/4 scale Punisher, it looks dead on to me.

http://i48.tinypic.com/2vxndzq.jpg

ink
01-21-2010, 12:58 PM

yes :lecture

Bezzerkerr
01-21-2010, 01:08 PM
I don't recall the Surfer being reported as anything but 1/4 scale. Compared to the new 1/4 scale Punisher, it looks dead on to me.

http://i48.tinypic.com/2vxndzq.jpg

THE APPLE DON'T LIE :lol:lol:lol

TheHulk
01-23-2010, 11:16 AM
Loving that Punisher and the surfer is more expensive because it's a statue not a doll with clothes IMO

ecekat
01-23-2010, 11:55 AM
Loving that Punisher and the surfer is more expensive because it's a statue not a doll with clothes IMO

you think that pfs are doll with clothes??

TheHulk
01-23-2010, 12:04 PM
you think that pfs are doll with clothes??

Yeah they kind of remind me of hot toys or medicon figures it's cool and all if your into that kind of thing i don't judge..that's just my point of view

The comiquettes on the other hand to me are the pinnacle of what a statue should be, all sculpture

Balsquat
01-23-2010, 12:12 PM
Yeah they kind of remind me of hot toys or medicon figures it's cool and all if your into that kind of thing i don't judge..that's just my point of view

The comiquettes on the other hand to me are the pinnacle of what a statue should be, all sculpture

Rookie mistake. You will change your mind shortly.

hairlesswookiee
01-23-2010, 12:17 PM

I agree with that 100% My GF laughed when I showed the other pic because she thought he was wearing a hoodie.

hairlesswookiee
01-23-2010, 12:21 PM

Not sure that its a mistake, but the way I perceive the PF to Comiquette is that the PF with mixed media add another dimension to the character that really adds to it jumping out of the pages.

Balsquat
01-23-2010, 12:22 PM
Not sure that its a mistake, but the way I perceive the PF to Comiquette is that the PF with mixed media add another dimension to the character that really adds to it jumping out of the pages.

:joyCORRECT ANSWER:joy

TheHulk
01-23-2010, 12:31 PM

Ive seen the cap, hulk, electra pf's in person and I personally don't like clothing on the statues that's all im saying they remind me of my lil sisters ken dolls

All comiquettes here:banana

Look on the bright side more PF's for you guys

Captain Spidey
01-23-2010, 05:30 PM
Don't get why Gambit is cheaper, but you don't hear me complaining. Maybe SS took more time and effort to make.

mt24
01-23-2010, 06:02 PM

Just curious, has Sideshow ever mentioned about the height of that apple? Have they always used just that one apple or different one was ever used before? :lol

fuzzylojiks
01-23-2010, 06:47 PM
Ive seen the cap, hulk, electra pf's in person and I personally don't like clothing on the statues that's all im saying they remind me of my lil sisters ken dolls

Yeah I agree, the stretched tight clothes over muscle look terrible (and you can't see the musculature anymore) on the PFs imo plus they get dirty/mouldy/dusty easily vs polystone and are harder to clean. Luckily, the Gambit didn't have any stretched out clothes just the coat which looks great and that's why I got it (wish it was leather though).

Darklord Dave
01-23-2010, 08:49 PM

Wait a minute - that's a different apple...!

But I haven't heard anything about Surfer not being 1/4 scale. If that is the case I'd have to cancel because he doesn't fit in the the PFs.

SquiderM3
01-23-2010, 09:52 PM

I use to feel this way about statues but so many cool PF's were released that quickly changed my opinion.

filip629
01-23-2010, 11:03 PM

I feel the same way. A comiquette is just pure art! I just can't stand spandex on statues. I'm looking forward to the Hulk and Spidey comiquettes. Cap is the one I'm dying for the most. That PF just looks bad with all of that blue spandex on him. Comiquettes are the only way to go for me!:D

jinxx
01-24-2010, 12:15 AM
I feel the same way. A comiquette is just pure art! I just can't stand spandex on statues. I'm looking forward to the Hulk and Spidey comiquettes. Cap is the one I'm dying for the most. That PF just looks bad with all of that blue spandex on him. Comiquettes are the only way to go for me!:D

I concur.:lecture

isculpt
01-24-2010, 01:19 AM
one word, base....

TheHulk
01-24-2010, 01:36 AM

Looks like im not alone on this boat!:banana

rabid_wolf
01-24-2010, 01:53 AM
can someone cofirm SS is 1/4 scale.

ecekat
01-24-2010, 03:35 AM
can someone cofirm SS is 1/4 scale.

ss isnt 1/4 scale!it's 1/1 scale!

Fason
01-24-2010, 06:56 AM
i like pf's better in most cases. its a more accurate representation of the character. obviously some should not be pfs, like venom or carnage or SS but gambit and sabretooth are perfect for it.

nrthstr
01-24-2010, 06:32 PM
one word, base....

I conquer :)

High Lord Apocalypse
01-25-2010, 09:20 AM

i prefer comiquettes too. i replace my PF's as SS releases a comiquette of the same character. that being said, i doubt a sculpted outfit on doom will ever look as good as the cloth.

Bezzerkerr
01-25-2010, 09:34 AM
I would think the PF REAL clothing retains more dust and makes it harder to keep clean & MINTY fresh.

Comiquettes (in theory)are much easier to keep MINT, with weekly/monthy dustings.

makkari1
01-25-2010, 09:47 AM
Well Gambit comes with:
2 Heads
2 switch out hands
Leather Coat
and Larger scale.

I was under the impression that both were of the same scale? When I look at my Thor & Hulk premium Format and my Namor Comiquette they are in the same scale. Are Comiquettes smaller than PF's?

Bullseye
01-25-2010, 10:08 AM
Comiquettes vary between 1/4 and 1/5.