PDA

View Full Version : Bowen Designs - Hercules, Black Widow, Warmachine new updates

fengjun
01-18-2010, 06:31 PM
http://i49.tinypic.com/2luxgy0.jpg
http://i48.tinypic.com/2a6pgzs.jpg
http://i46.tinypic.com/ippq9j.jpg

ComputerFly
01-18-2010, 06:34 PM
Bowen's really stepping it up lately....

JosephCPR
01-18-2010, 06:41 PM
Wow, I can't believe I'm going to say this..but I love those Hercules and Black Widow...awesomely sculpted

The Mike
01-18-2010, 06:57 PM
I love that War Machine. I want to go into the Bowen Iron Mans but who knows where to start.

Shai
01-18-2010, 06:59 PM
Hercules has a bad ass sculpt !!!!absolute must buy !!! His comic serie is the best i have read in years.

Shai
01-18-2010, 06:59 PM
Who did the hercules sculpt? Doesnt have the style of a bowen sculpt.

The Mike
01-18-2010, 07:01 PM
The Hercules piece looks like it'd come from SSC...

hunnipot85
01-18-2010, 07:05 PM
Black Widow looks gorgeous, can't wait to see her all painted up!

fengjun
01-18-2010, 07:06 PM
Mark Newman is sculpting Hercules.
Tim Miller is sculpting Black widow and the black cat we saw earlier.
Warmachine is a CG sculpt.

JosephCPR
01-18-2010, 07:09 PM
Who did the hercules sculpt? Doesnt have the style of a bowen sculpt.

That is precisely why I love these sculpts...they don't remind me of an academy award anymore

JosephCPR
01-18-2010, 07:10 PM
Seriously considering to jump into Bowen...hmm

jinxx
01-18-2010, 07:13 PM
Awesome Hercules! Wonder what he's hiding under that kilt.

Black Widow is awesome too but I think her feet looks a bit tiny for that body. BOWEN FTW!:winner

daikkenaurora
01-18-2010, 07:15 PM
Looks like Bowen is finally deciding to step up their game.

Hercules sculpt is very nice.

daikkenaurora
01-18-2010, 07:16 PM

Black Widow is awesome too but I think her feet looks a bit tiny for that body. BOWEN FTW!:winner

The same thing your hiding. lol

JosephCPR
01-18-2010, 07:16 PM

:horror Hope he has some underwear

I had the same thought...and the legs need more definition IMO but it doesn't bother me that much

wookielovin
01-18-2010, 07:28 PM
loooks really nice... that black widow is HOTTT!

hunnipot85
01-18-2010, 07:41 PM
how much do bowen statues usually run? im wondering about black widow and black cat...

Mr. Green
01-18-2010, 07:45 PM
I love that smiley belt Hercules is wearing. War Machine is nice enough...can Bowen make a light-up version? Black Widow is banging just like any hot comics characters.

quadcent
01-18-2010, 08:11 PM
the herc piece looks great, to bad he's going to be sooooo tiny :monkey2, but i guess that's what we get with bowen's scale.:monkey3

daikkenaurora
01-18-2010, 09:23 PM
how much do bowen statues usually run? im wondering about black widow and black cat...

Price wise around $170. Production Run size ... no idea.

Reefer Shark
01-18-2010, 10:27 PM
They look great as usual. Bowen puts out quality stuff, and like Skiman says "write that down". All you youngin's that are just realizing this are late to the party :lol

I'll get Herc for sure. The other two are "most likely", but will hold out for some good deals on ebay eventually.

daikkenaurora
01-18-2010, 11:19 PM
They look great as usual. Bowen puts out quality stuff, and like Skiman says "write that down". All you youngin's that are just realizing this are late to the party :lol

I'll get Herc for sure. The other two are "most likely", but will hold out for some good deals on ebay eventually.

Bowen puts out boring stuff most of the time. Dont let a few good releases fool you.

Mr. Green
01-18-2010, 11:51 PM
Bowen puts out boring stuff most of the time. Dont let a few good releases fool you.

Agree.

Hercules, Black Widow looks good but a better pose than usual and a nice butt cheeks isn't enough for me.

Be nice if they make some light up statues. SS made them. Hot toys made em....may or may not be poly stone but it light up. Pop Culture Shock made them. Not sure of the last time Bowen made a light up functionality or ever but they should...preferably on the War Machine.

Did Bowen ever made a Premium Format? I am talking the fabric kind. Bowen need to up their game. Even some Pokemon plastic toys have some sound effects when it detects motion/sound. And I don't even collect Pokemon.

Of course, this is all my opinion....not trying to offend any one. :horror

HoldyourfireAl
01-18-2010, 11:56 PM

What do you find boring. Please...be specific. :)

HoldyourfireAl
01-18-2010, 11:58 PM
I love that smiley belt Hercules is wearing. War Machine is nice enough...can Bowen make a light-up version? Black Widow is banging just like any hot comics characters.

Bowen statues don't "light up" or wear cloth/plastic outfits, but they do look like they stepped out of a Romita Sr., Jack Kirby, or John Buscema comic. I'm not sure if some of you guys know who they are?....

Reefer Shark
01-19-2010, 12:30 AM

Been collecting Bowen, along with Sideshow stuff for years son.

I've loved Bowens style for a long time now, so I guess it's too late and I'm already fooled :lol Nothing boring about BD's stuff to me at all :monkey5

wolvie9
01-19-2010, 01:01 AM
Love the war Machine!!

ecekat
01-19-2010, 01:30 AM
hercules is bad ass!!!:rock:rock:rockwar machine is not as impressive as i expected and black widow is sexy!!!:banana:banana

Verbal21
01-19-2010, 02:18 AM
Looks like Bowen is finally deciding to step up their game.

I was surprised it took 2 pages for someone to mention how Bowen's "stepping it up":lol Hercules is looking very good, WM is ok, and Black Widow's looking pretty good so far. On that note, I'm still not buying any:monkey1

SixMillionDollarMan Guy
01-19-2010, 02:30 AM
All three pieces are beautiful.

Mr. Green
01-19-2010, 03:15 AM
I was surprised it took 2 pages for someone to mention how Bowen's "stepping it up":lol Hercules is looking very good, WM is ok, and Black Widow's looking pretty good so far. On that note, I'm still not buying any:monkey1

Agree.

All three pieces are beautiful.

Agree.

They all looks good but the only piece I like is the Red Hulk. It certainly look better than the glossy candy red Rulk from Koto.. I might get the Bowen Rulk in the near future. But then again, the second statue to the Koto Rulk(as fat as he looks) might be enticing. Note: he looks "candy red". :lol

I guess each manufacture have their share of the market. And I can't expect all to be the same.

-jay-
01-19-2010, 03:23 AM
Wow Hercules & Warmachine are sick i'm having those for sure!

SixMillionDollarMan Guy
01-19-2010, 03:24 AM
Agree.

Agree.

They all looks good but the only piece I like is the Red Hulk. It certainly look better than the glossy candy red Rulk from Koto.. I might get the Bowen Rulk in the near future. But then again, the second statue to the Koto Rulk(as fat as he looks) might be enticing. Note: he looks "candy red". :lol

I guess each manufacture have their share of the market. And I can't expect all to be the same.

Did you pick up the Bowen Retro Hulk? Or were you not interersted in that one.

SixMillionDollarMan Guy
01-19-2010, 03:26 AM
Wow Hercules & Warmachine are sick i'm having those for sure!

I'll pick up the Black Widow on the ass factor alone.

Sincerely,

Ass Man Bottoms

-jay-
01-19-2010, 04:19 AM

Sincerely,

Ass Man Bottoms

:lol:lol:lol

Mr. Green
01-19-2010, 04:28 AM
Did you pick up the Bowen Retro Hulk? Or were you not interersted in that one.

Sorry, not interested. I have to admit I like the Bowen Maestro Hulk(Is this piece retro? Not sure). The Kirby 1:1 Hulk bust from SS is enough retro for me. If I don't get a job/position in a few months, I might have to cancel my flexpay lol. I have limited display space and finance, so I only buy what I truely like. I've collected various toys/figure/statue/etc. But I am sure I am not elite as some of you guys.

Mr. Green
01-19-2010, 04:40 AM

Sincerely,

Ass Man Bottoms

Oh man, don't get me started on the ass...plz. I don't want to get off topic here butt that Butt Cheeks on the new Conan, from SS, is irresistable. As Megan Fox might say: I may have to wrestle a water buffalo to keep my mind off of that butt checks. :monkey5 :monkey5

grphyx1
01-19-2010, 07:25 AM
Black Widow might have to be my first Bowen statue

Elendil
01-19-2010, 07:33 AM
Those are all really great. Definitely improved since he did my Storm in her original outfit!

garou_terry
01-19-2010, 08:17 AM
War Machine looks nasty!! :D

daikkenaurora
01-19-2010, 10:28 AM

Bleh.... your a Bowen spy. You wont get anything from me. :lol

Been collecting Bowen, along with Sideshow stuff for years son.

I've loved Bowens style for a long time now, so I guess it's too late and I'm already fooled :lol Nothing boring about BD's stuff to me at all :monkey5

My friend used to collect Bowen until he saw some of the stuff I got from Sideshow. You are to brainwashed to see it. lol

Same boring standing poses. *snore*

Hulksmashed
01-19-2010, 11:14 AM
If that Herc looks as good painted as he does in raw sculpt Ill be all over him!! :rock :rock

War machine armor looks too much like a painted body. As in, the twisted torso just looks like a dude in spandex twisting, not a metallic outer shell. Which I know is the comic book kinda look and I still think he looks pretty good.

FQRizzo
01-19-2010, 12:47 PM
Herc is great, WM looks like a missed opportunity.

wookielovin
01-19-2010, 12:56 PM
I use to be heavy into bowen also. But the problem for me was they produce so much stuff. The Scale on the SS can't compare the 2. I think bowen's women line has really stepped it up and t its nice to pick the odd bowen piece here and there but my money is for SS, because statues ain't getting cheaper

daikkenaurora
01-19-2010, 02:05 PM
I use to be heavy into bowen also. But the problem for me was they produce so much stuff. The Scale on the SS can't compare the 2. I think bowen's women line has really stepped it up and t its nice to pick the odd bowen piece here and there but my money is for SS, because statues ain't getting cheaper

I agree. Bowen produces way too many statues and most of them are male characters.

SS wins on scale, sculpting, and painting. lol

buzzybean
01-19-2010, 05:33 PM

Bowen rules. He's been doing great stuff for a long time. I own 100's of Bowen pieces. He gives us the classic variations of characters and listens to his customers. The guy is a big part of the collecting world.

BB

daikkenaurora
01-19-2010, 06:03 PM
Bowen rules. He's been doing great stuff for a long time. I own 100's of Bowen pieces. He gives us the classic variations of characters and listens to his customers. The guy is a big part of the collecting world.

BB

100s of boring pieces. lol

I know Bowen has made some awesome statues (obviously) but alot of his releases are lacking. And yes he does listen to characters.... and thats why Black cat's breasts are smaller. :tap

HoldyourfireAl
01-19-2010, 07:29 PM

LOL!:banana

My friend used to collect Bowen until he saw some of the stuff I got from Sideshow. You are to brainwashed to see it. lol

Same boring standing poses. *snore*

Statues...."boring standing poses?" Wadda ya want, an articulated action figure? Anyway, I'm just happy that his statues are inspired by the great Marvel artists of the 60s, 70s, and 80s. Ya don't find that from too many other companies. :)

Mr. Green
01-19-2010, 08:57 PM

Hehehe....I have to give you some respect for putting your foot down. You have a point. Get that whip cracking. :whip Are you sure you're not a SS spy? SS should stop carrying those pesky Bowen products.

Statues...."boring standing poses?" Wadda ya want, an articulated action figure? Anyway, I'm just happy that his statues are inspired by the great Marvel artists of the 60s, 70s, and 80s. Ya don't find that from too many other companies. :)

What?!!! :horror Cmon..HoldyourfireAl, bring ya lightsabre or water pistol. :gun :maul Call daikkenaurora a liberial hippie. Call him a moma's boy!!!

Bring on the dramas boys!!! :whip :lightsabe

daikkenaurora
01-19-2010, 09:05 PM

The poses ARE boring and redundant. They have no energy to them whatsoever. Most of the statues have blank looks on their faces. *snore*

His statues arent inspired by the artist of the 60's to the 80's. Does he have like a Kirby Collection series? Nope. He has used classic costumes , I'll give him that.

Bleh

daikkenaurora
01-19-2010, 09:08 PM
Hehehe....I have to give you some respect for putting your foot down. You have a point. Get that whip cracking. :whip Are you sure you're not a SS spy? SS should stop carrying those pesky Bowen products.

What?!!! :horror Cmon..HoldyourfireAl, bring ya lightsabre or water pistol. :gun :maul Call daikkenaurora a liberial hippie. Call him a moma's boy!!!

Bring on the dramas boys!!! :whip :lightsabe

Well this forum is called SIDESHOW FREAKS. Not sure how clearer that can be.

Sideshow can keep selling Bowen stuff if they want to... but notice how many Bowen statues got added to the Gift Card list recently.

Oh Snap!

Mr. Green
01-19-2010, 09:50 PM
Well this forum is called SIDESHOW FREAKS. Not sure how clearer that can be.

Sideshow can keep selling Bowen stuff if they want to... but notice how many Bowen statues got added to the Gift Card list recently.

Oh Snap!

Yea, ya...people are going to discuss, chat, bits tooth and nail under Marvel, DC, etc. I am sure there's more Bowen spies and DC Direct spies around too. I wouldn't be surprise if HoldyourfireAl works for Bowen's marketing dept. He got post on other forum as well.

I am thinking some of the DC Direct are better than Bowen, if not most.
Cover Girlds of the DC Universe: Wonder Woman, Poison Ivy is hot!!
DC Classic Confrontations: Batman vs. Killer Croc !!!

The jury is still out on my first Bowen pieces....could it be the Red Hulk?
Let me put on my "I am poor" mask on. Play it HoldyourfireAl !!! :violin

We sure did put up a Thread assassination! :medic

Dr Hulk
01-19-2010, 09:52 PM
Hercules:chew:chew:banana:banana

Reefer Shark
01-19-2010, 11:43 PM
This thread has become too douchy for words :lol

I'm glad I at least have the mental capacity to enjoy more than one style of art. It's amazing how shortsighted some collectors can be :rotfl

fuzzylojiks
01-19-2010, 11:53 PM
Hercules looks very nice. The belt buckle is hilarious :)

War machine looks great with awesome brushed metal paint job. Only thing I don't take to is the metal speedos.

GJ :)

filip629
01-20-2010, 12:05 AM
This thread has become too douchy for words :lol

I'm glad I at least have the mental capacity to enjoy more than one style of art. It's amazing how shortsighted some collectors can be :rotfl

I agree! Both SS and Bowen put out amazing stuff. How can a marvel collector not like Bowen FS: Deadpool, Silver Surfer, Logan, Sabretooth, Colossus, Thanos, Dr. Doom, Daredevil, Thor, Cap, Apocalypse, Juggernaut, etc........

Bowen has been doing marvel right for many years. SS is also giving us great products. I tend to look forward to the SS pieces a bit more because I'm still waiting for them to release marvels iconic characters in comiquette form. Bowen has already done that many times over. I'm sure SS will make the wait for Cap, Spidey, Hulk, and Thor worth it!

TheMadTitan
01-20-2010, 12:12 AM
I agree! Both SS and Bowen put out amazing stuff. How can a marvel collector not like Bowen FS: Deadpool, Silver Surfer, Logan, Sabretooth, Colossus, Thanos, Dr. Doom, Daredevil, Thor, Cap, Apocalypse, Juggernaut, etc........

Bowen has been doing marvel right for many years. SS is also giving us great products. I tend to look forward to the SS pieces a bit more because I'm still waiting for them to release marvels iconic characters in comiquette form. Bowen has already done that many times over. I'm sure SS will make the wait for Cap, Spidey, Hulk, and Thor worth it!

+1. I am most looking forward to Sideshow Thanos and Dr. Doom Comiquettes!!!!

Bowen and Sideshow both make great products!

daikkenaurora
01-20-2010, 11:30 AM
Black Widow statue was sculpted by Tim Miller. Wonder what the base will be.

Hulksmashed
01-20-2010, 11:49 AM
I HATE Bowen!! I also hate puppies, small children, and angels! :rolleyes:

Come on guys...you can't generalize "Bowen bad, Sideshow good". There are a ton of really great Bowen pieces, and there are a ton of really great Sideshow pieces. There are some poor Bowen pieces and there are some poor Sideshow pieces.

Although I never had a Bowen statue's paint peel off :monkey3

jinxx
01-20-2010, 11:57 AM
I HATE Bowen!! I also hate puppies, small children, and angels! :rolleyes:

Come on guys...you can't generalize "Bowen bad, Sideshow good". There are a ton of really great Bowen pieces, and there are a ton of really great Sideshow pieces. There are some poor Bowen pieces and there are some poor Sideshow pieces.

Although I never had a Bowen statue's paint peel off :monkey3

I had one but I used it as an aquarium ornament....:rotfl

ink
01-20-2010, 12:48 PM

other than the same recycled pose? :rolleyes:

Flint
01-20-2010, 03:07 PM
herc is in the modern Nova pose ,come on BD......

JosephCPR
01-20-2010, 06:07 PM
Did you notice how awesome her face is? Beautiful lips...

http://sculptortim.deviantart.com/art/Black-Widow-01-151074673

daikkenaurora
01-21-2010, 10:48 AM
Did you notice how awesome her face is? Beautiful lips...

http://sculptortim.deviantart.com/art/Black-Widow-01-151074673

Yeah, Tim is awesome. Hope they do a good job with the paint. I still wont be getting this statue. lol