An open letter to Sideshow from an upset customer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Wookiee Breath

I really hope someone at SSC reads this because I am one inch from never buying another of their figures ever again.

I am appalled at the fact I am now paying $100 or more for figures that have floppy parts. Indiana Jones head won't stay up. My stormtroopers can't hold their weapons because of their floppy joints. My Clone Wars Obi-Wan has floppy legs and arms.I just got my Ep2 Clonetrooper a few minutes ago and I'm so disappointed yet again.He also has floppy arms & legs and can't even hold either gun. Plus the smaller gun has an issue where the part of the fold out stock just flops down underneath the barrel. It's just unacceptible for a $100 item.

I do not want to have to keep sending back figures either. It's a ginormous pain and as a customer, I shouldn't have to keep replacing items because of the companies lack of quality control on their products.I have bought pretty much every 1/6 scale Star Wars item SSC has made since they got the license but I cannot justify paying for this inferior product anymore. The first waves of the 1/6 scale Star Wars figures didn't have this problem so I am confused at why they are now using a new body they believe is better but is really inferior. :confused:

I'm not one of their super customers who buys the really expensive high end collectibles,but I'm sure I've spent well over $10,000 on my SSC Star Wars collection. Someone at Sideshow needs to check on the Quality Control department and fast. I don't understand how Hot Toys can make their figures so well yet SSC keeps pumping out flawed figure after figure for nearly the same price.

The floppy parts on these figures must stop! The next SSC figure I get that has floppy parts is going to be the final chance they have to keep me as a customer. I will take that money and spend it on Hot Toys figures that I know will have the quality of something I spent $100 + on.

I know SSC strives to make great figures so I want this to be a constructive complaint,not a disrepectful rant. I want to keep getting Sideshow's Star Wars figures but unless they start sending me figures that don't act like floppy marionettes, I just can't justify spending this kind of money on it.

Thanks, I will but what good is it going to do? They will probably just offer to replace it. I'd bet even if I got a replacement it would have the same issue.

From what I read online, it is an issue on pretty much the majority of SW figures they are selling so why aren't the customers complaining more? They've been selling us these defective figures for a while now and don't seem to be making much effort to correct the problem.

I figured if more people here complained about it,they may be quicker to see it and finally act on the problem.

At this point I am pretty sure people from Sideshow don't come anywhere near the SW threads because how loudly people were posting about the limpness in joints. :lol

Why do threads like this get started in the Star Wars section? This only propogates (sp?) that Star Wars fans are whiners.

Oh, I haven't been on here that much.

Well if they already know of how upset customers are over this and they just run and avoid the issue then I won't even need to get another Sideshow figure. I will cancel all my Sideshow Star Wars pre orders.

I'm really shocked Sideshow would just run and hide and avoid the issue. I thought they were a better company than that. Well, I will continue to use them to buy Hot Toys figures and they can lose a faithful Star Wars collectors. It's a major shame they keep selling these crappy floppy figures and are making no effort to fix it. It really makes me mad because I feel ripped off that I spent $100 on yet another floppy piece of junk.

Sideshow needs to learn from Hot Toys how to make figures because they suck at right now.

Why do threads like this get started in the Star Wars section? This only propogates (sp?) that Star Wars fans are whiners.

Probably because, aside from GI Joe, Star Wars is all Sideshow makes in 1/6 now.

Nah,for me it's because the only SSC items I've bought were Star Wars.

Actually I have the Indy with floppy limbs also so I assume it's a problem with many of Sideshow's lines.

Oh look, it's angry attention whore man. :rolleyes:

If you are dumb enough to keep paying thousands of dollars for crap figures, then be my guest. A fool and his money are soon parted.

This is an unbelievably valid issue to bring up because it involves the very quality of the items they are selling and I am buying.

Would you go buy a chair with a loose leg that made you fall down everytime you sit in it? Of course not but that is pretty much what Sideshow is selling us now and they don't seem to care because people like you will keep blindly buying it like lemmings.

Oh look, it's angry attention whore man.

If you are dumb enough to keep paying thousands of dollars for crap figures, then be my guest. A fool and his money are soon parted.

Well, to be fair, if you're dumb enough to post the tittybaby dribble you did, expect to get hazed for it.

Email Sideshow cause you are only going to get responses from board members that have nothing to do with Sideshow.

And yea, loose joints suck. My Indy and Stomtrooper have loose joints, but still hold a pose and their weapons.

Wow children. Grow a sense of humor maybe?

Glad you're back nam. :rock

Last edited:
Well, to be fair, if you're dumb enough to post the tittybaby dribble you did, expect to get hazed for it.

Dude, get a life man.

You look like an immature loser.:rolleyes:

Let the intelligent adult people talk and go find something better to do with your time.

michaeljacksongif.gif

Wow children. Grow a sense of humor maybe?

Glad your back nam. :rock

I have a great sense of humor, I just get tired of Nam and little girls like him posting just to aggravate other members. He is the grade school bully who never grew up.

The original poster wrote a detailed and thoughtful response to a real problem. I personally don't buy very many Sideshow figures because they aren't up to par for the price they charge.

I agree that you should either email Sideshow directly or perhaps post this thread in the Ask Sideshow section. You may have a better chance of them seeing it there.

I don't collect many 1/6 figures, but it does seem like this is something SSC should address. I would be bummed if my figures joints were so loose they couldn't even hold up a gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back