Delete...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Los Angeles????

So, I'm in the midst of planning a bit of a world trip for the end of the year. It involves a 3 night stop in L.A.

Now I just wanted to get some advice on a hotel somewhere in West Hollywood, and what cool non-touristy things there are to do.
I know I could just Google these things, and I have, but I thought maybe some Los Angelenos here could provide some insight?

Out of all the cities, L.A. is the one I'm a little lost on.............and I don't want to be all tourist noob about it. Also, I just watched Speed, so I'm looking forward to riding a bus there! :rock :lol

I guess first question why West Hollywood?

What kind of things you want to do?

Yeah, good question- Why West Hollywood?

And I hope you're planning on renting a car. Not much you can do without one. :(
I can only think of one reason. But I a not here to judge:lol

th_smiley1735.gif

So, I'm in the midst of planning a bit of a world trip for the end of the year. It involves a 3 night stop in L.A.

Now I just wanted to get some advice on a hotel somewhere in West Hollywood, and what cool non-touristy things there are to do.
I know I could just Google these things, and I have, but I thought maybe some Los Angelenos here could provide some insight?

Out of all the cities, L.A. is the one I'm a little lost on.............and I don't want to be all tourist noob about it. Also, I just watched Speed, so I'm looking forward to riding a bus there! :rock :lol

Worst trip planner ever.

:monkey3

I am sorry Chaser, I couldn't resist. hehe

I am sure Bodie can recommend some fun things for you to do in West Hollywood. You should send him a PM.

I wouldn't recommend staying at West Hollywood. That's a bit of a drive from or to LAX.

No, I think it will walking and buses.........we were originally going drive from LA to San Francisco, but we've decided against that.

FYI- Public Transit in LA is basically non-existent. Buses here completely suck and no one uses them except for immigrants. It will take you hours to get to where you want to go...

You may want to rethink renting a car or PMing Bodie.

:lecture

Really? That sucks ass, didn't really want to rent a car just for 3 days.........so your saying I can't get anywhere without a car? What about traffic?

Why do you think we all need cars?
And traffic is horrible for cars and busses alike. But you can make the choice to travel during a less congested time. The busses stop almost every single block. (Or so it seems.)
There are a few "rapid transit" busses with less stops but you'll need to research that yourself since none of us use busses!

:lol

I've really never done L.A. public transport, but have had many friends who have and had no issues with it. The problem with L.A. is that everything is really spread a part (so don't expect to be able to really walk to everything you might be interested to see). Driving yourself around is faster, but you're going to have to pay for parking (either by meter, parking garages or valet (though there are those rare occasions where you can get your parking validated) in many parts of Hollywood, Santa Monica, Etc.

Traffic in L.A. can be pretty bad during peak hours, but it's not always a pain to get around.

I've really never done L.A. public transport, but have had many friends who have and had no issues with it. The problem with L.A. is that everything is really spread a part (so don't expect to be able to really walk to everything you might be interested to see).
The Metro rail and busses rock. But there aren't any in Hollywood...

When are you coming and how many?

And you really need to decide what you want to see- that will help us help you how to figure out how to get there.
(Did what I just write make sense?! LOL)

All the things you prob should see are "touristy". I can't think of anything that's not...

Back