Big Mac Finally Admits to Steroid Use

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your renamed link title says it all. Is there really anyone out there surprised that McGwire was juicing!? He used to be a toothpick and then all of a sudden he was as big as Canseco. :lol

All natural. Riiiiiiiggghhhhttt.

It's more or less a way to get the media off his back before he takes over as hitting coach for the 2010 for the St. Louis Cardinals. Think of this as a way for him trying to blow things over before the MLB season begins.

The media is relentless and would've potentially caused problems for McGwire if he didn't come out now and admitted the steroid use, rather than before the season began (or during the season itself). It would've been an all out media circus all season long if McGwire didn't say anything at all.

I'm curious of the ramifications. Will HOF voters now be willing to vote him in, since he admitted what everyone suspected? Or is the use of steroids going to keep him out? Reason I ask is, it seems like no one cares about A-Rod or Petit admitting to using them since they came out and admitted it (even after A-Rod lied to everyone), but Clemons, McGwire, and Sosa were all pariahs for, I guess, not admitting it. If the HOF voters eventually put A-Rod in but not McGwire, then the HOF doesn't mean anything, IMO. Based on his stats, McGwire belongs. If the steroids keep him out, they should keep any other juicer or suspected juicer out, as well.

I'm sure he does :lol

I think that is a damn shame, but can't argue with the voters on that one. Gambling on baseball should be an unforgivable sin for current players or managers, IMO.

It's more or less a way to get the media off his back before he takes over as hitting coach for the 2010 for the St. Louis Cardinals. Think of this as a way for him trying to blow things over before the MLB season begins.

The media is relentless and would've potentially caused problems for McGwire if he didn't come out now and admitted the steroid use, rather than before the season began (or during the season itself). It would've been an all out media circus all season long if McGwire didn't say anything at all.

Great points, Nitro. Nothing like announcing this during the thick of the NFL playoffs. Definatley a self serving move.

I thought this was about McDonald's accepting they use steroids on their cattle...

:lol :rotfl :clap

I don't think anyone is shocked to read this (obviously I'm not), but I posted it questioning whether or not MLB or the writers more specifically will now be able to forgive him and grant HOF acceptance.

:dunno :huh :dunno

And here I was looking at this thread, and eating a Big Mac :lol... wondering if there was something wrong with the food.

big-mac.jpg

Damn you steroids!

Remember when Canseco's book came out and everyone called him a liar and that he was just trying to sell books? Well.....looks like even though he is a ****** he was right on the mark for a lot of his acquisations.

Back