PDA

View Full Version : For Sale 'Sticky' Thread

Fritz
01-06-2010, 08:41 PM
What are the odds of having a "For Sale/Wanted" sticky thread in every applicable section? Anyone else think this is a good idea?

The only purpose of this thread would be to say you have an item for sale or are looking for an item. You would only post the item with a link to your thread in the For Sale or Wanted section with no specific details. The rules would be that no one is allowed to comment in this stickied thread and no bumping is allowed. It would only be to alert people in the specific section that something related to that section may be wanted or available.

For example: if I had an Aragorn PF for sale, I would create the appropriate thread in the For Sale section with all the details. In the Lord of the Rings section, I would simply post in the stickied "For Sale/Wanted" thread that I have an Aragorn PF for sale with a link to the thread I created in the For Sale section.

:huh

King Darkness
01-06-2010, 08:43 PM
Nick Saban.

Fritz
01-06-2010, 08:56 PM
:lol

Can't even rate this thread. :duh

Mesa
01-06-2010, 09:18 PM
Sound like a good idea to me. No bumping your post in sticky thread and you should edit/remove your sticky post when sold. Also good to include price in sticky post.

galactiboy
01-07-2010, 10:51 AM
Doesn't seem necessary to me.

Commerce section works well enough and prevents excessive cluttering of the general forums with people want to buy and sell crap.

Mesa
01-07-2010, 11:03 AM
with the new rule about only a single thread per user, it's hard to title it appropriately. I think it would be useful to be able to sell and bring attention to a certain genra of your collection.

Adoptedscot
01-07-2010, 11:17 AM
Personally speaking I don't see the point of such a thread.
The only benefit I can see would be for any seller as they obviously get more exposure for an item they are selling including all the areas lurkers can visit.

The Commerce area is focussed in one area to make it easier for all to access and everyone has the same exposure for selling things.
Not to mention that to even gain full access to the Commerce section (to sell) you have a minimum membership limit and have to be in good standing on the Forum before someone can even ask for access it.
If such a thread were placed in all the sections that would negate those rulings and make Commerce available to all including those that just join to advertise rather than become a part of the community.

Imo, it's fine 'as is'.
Just my thoughts anyway, it's something for Dave to think about I guess.
x :wave

Jen
01-07-2010, 11:43 AM
Personally speaking I don't see the point of such a thread.
The only benefit I can see would be for any seller as they obviously get more exposure for an item they are selling including all the areas lurkers can visit.

The Commerce area is focussed in one area to make it easier for all to access and everyone has the same exposure for selling things.
Not to mention that to even gain full access to the Commerce section (to sell) you have a minimum membership limit and have to be in good standing on the Forum before someone can even ask for access it.
If such a thread were placed in all the sections that would negate those rulings and make Commerce available to all including those that just join to advertise rather than become a part of the community.

Imo, it's fine 'as is'.
Just my thoughts anyway, it's something for Dave to think about I guess.
x :wave

Good point Shell - I didn't even think of that. Would be too easy for a newer member to post that they have an item for sale (and not include a link because they obviously wouldn't be able to). Too much potential for people to abuse the system.

Fritz
01-07-2010, 01:37 PM
I only care about LotR stuff and I'm too lazy to search the for sale thread. That's where this idea came from.