New Body For Nosferatu

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maglor

Super Freak
Reaction score
[Edit] I put him on a True Type today. See Page 4 for first comparison shot.

Sideshow's Nosferatu is one of my favorite action figures, but I have been very limited in which poses I can use.

This is because his ankles are so wobbly that I can only pose his lower body like this:
P1030294.jpg

If I do anything else with his legs he tips over! I can't tell you how many times he has done a shelf dive! :horror

I have gotten so frustrated with this that I put him back in his coffin (I mean box).

I would like do have more options for posing and have a sturdy body so, my question is:

What replacement body should I buy for him?

I would like to use a Hot Toys True Type (maybe narrow shoulder version), but I don't know if his feet and hands will work with the TT ankle/wrist pegs. Also, I don't know if it's compatible with the TT neck.

What about a new Buck or Prometheus body?

One final option would be to rig the ankles somehow to make them stronger, but I think I would prefer an all new body.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
I ended up getting a stand with custom decal for mine... he was not a stable figure.

If you swap bodies I'd probably go with a HT narrow, not slim. The slims are shorter and I don't think you want a short Nosferatu. As for the hands the Sideshow ones will usually work with HT pegs... sometimes you have to make the opening in the hand a big bigger, but not sure if that is necessary with the new smaller wrist pegs.

One other issue, is I think the feet on Nosferatu are connected to his body... so not sure how to get around that w/o some surgery.

Thanks for the feedback!

I just unboxed my Nosferatu again to check the feet.

I was to chicken to pull hard enough to remove the shoe.

So I decided to try some deep poses just out of curiosity. To my surprise they hold much better than the tall poses!!! All these years I have probably been trying to make the hardest possible pose work (without a stand, which I don't like to use).

I feel like I got a new figure!

P1050663.jpg

Problem is that Nosferatu is usually standing up pretty straight... so Kung Fu poses don't really work for the character :lol

Heh, that did cross my mind.:eek:

I do tend think of Nosferatu as being tall and statuesque.

But he does bend down to approach his final victim in the movie, so it's not totally out of character to have him in a deeper stance.

How is this for a less "Kung Fu" pose?

P1050721.jpg

P1050701.jpg

Looks more like 'I'm gonna gitcha' than 'Kung Fu' I hope!

One more question:

Where can I find one of these:

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=6703R

I know that I said I don't like stands if I don't need to use them... but I guess I would like the option. The stand that comes with Nosferatu is pretty much useless in terms of weak ankles.

Regarding the stand in question: what is the word above "Monsters"?

Another thought: Where can I get generic Sideshow stands? Ebay seems to have a whole bunch of generic Hot Toys TT Stands, but can't find any SS stands.:confused:

You might contact Evilface and see if he can hook you up with a decal.

That's what I did for mine... he made a specific Nosferatu decal which I placed on a Sideshow stand. My guess is he still has the file, or at least could knock out another one.

I can take pictures of it later if you'd like to see what it looks like.

i love that figure. and with that costume, i'd put him on a TT narrow shoulder too, IMO.

my sideshow kroenen was kinda loose on a HT neckpost(short one), nothing superglue cant fix. as for the shoes, i think you can grab one with a similar style fitting a TT(more ankle articulation on a TT too). the hands might require minor surgery, if its attached to the sideshow body.

That's what I did for mine... he made a specific Nosferatu decal which I placed on a Sideshow stand. My guess is he still has the file, or at least could knock out another one.

I can take pictures of it later if you'd like to see what it looks like.

Pictures would be very nice! Thank you!

Where can I get a basic Sideshow stand? I can't find them on ebay or Sideshow's site (or google for that matter...)

i love that figure. and with that costume, i'd put him on a TT narrow shoulder too, IMO.

my sideshow kroenen was kinda loose on a HT neckpost(short one), nothing superglue cant fix. as for the shoes, i think you can grab one with a similar style fitting a TT(more ankle articulation on a TT too). the hands might require minor surgery, if its attached to the sideshow body.

I really would love to pose him on a True Type (and I would definitely go narrow shoulders) but I am not willing to do the surgery, however minor.

I'm a chicken I guess... but I rarely do permanent mods to my figures, and I have never cut a body!:horror

I've only done a couple repaints. Otherwise my mods are removable/reversible (i.e. stuffing Sam Gamgee's shirt with cotton and pinning back Frodo's vest and jacket to make the pair look more to scale. Things like that.)

P1050730-1.jpg

But if there was a way to make a TT work without surgery I totally would!

Back