JC's Best?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which is your favourite?

• Total voters

Red

Super Freak
Reaction score
So with Avatar becoming one of the highest grossing movies of all time i was wondering does it rate as your favourite James Cameron directed film?

I know JC has been involved in other films with screenplays etc but thought i would just list the films he has directed and is really known for...sorry Piranha 2:The Spawning.:duff

I had to go with the original terminator. Aliens being a very close second then T2. Not sure where the rest lie yet.

The terminator was an instant classic. Avatar shouldnt even be close to a movie of that level of greatness.

The terminator was an instant classic. Avatar shouldnt even be close to a movie of that level of greatness.

For you maybe but thats why its called a poll so other people can list their opinion.:D I think lightwave might disagree with you on that one.:lol

Terminator has started strong early which is interesting as i listed this poll on another site and the only one its beating over there so far is True Lies.;)

Terminator comes in 4th for me behind T2,Aliens and Av but i'm not sure which takes the cake.

Last edited:

Then Aliens and The Terminator. All of his movies have been good to great but those three are head and shoulders above the rest.

He needs to branch out and make a movie that doesn't start with T or A though. :lol

Why isn't Piranha Part Two: The Spawning on the list?

Because he didn't direct it. His name was left on after he was fired because the studio thought an American (or Canadian in JC's case) would make the film more marketable than Ovidio Assonitis, his foreign replacement (who happened to also be the producer).

Last edited:
Terminator 2 for me, only because I can watch that movie a 100 times and never get bored of it. Love the replay value of that film. I don't think Avatar has the same kind of replay value... guess time will only tell. Too long and has too many slow parts. That's its only downfall.

Aliens for me. I'm still iffy on the 'rebooting' of the creatures themselves, but the movie has definately aged very well, and I still enjoy the character moments, tension and atmosphere it has. That and the special effects were exquisite.

Second are the Terminator movies (really can't decide which is better), and third would have to be Avatar. True Lies was very fun as well, but a bit too standard of an action movie maybe, and I haven't seen The Abyss in ages. Maybe if I rewatch the latter it might take Avatar's place as my number three.

There is no doubt that each of his movies are masterpieces in their own little ways, however.

Before Avatar I would have said T2, but I honestly can say, I never had felt so speechless and utterly amazed after seeing a movie as I did with Avatar. So, that's what got my vote!! :)
And it's not just the 3D effect, that was like the icing on the cake... It has a very compelling story and characters!! :bow :bow :bow

Back