COBRA Scrap Iron (Kit-Bash) with Rocket Launcher

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trebor

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey,

Being inspired with greats like Elvis and Mando, and others who posted such awesome customs, I gave Cobra's Scrap Iron a go. He's still a WIP, but he's pretty close to completion.

Anyways, I made a paper model of the Rocket Launcher first, and then made it with styrene, and using bits of other models.

picture.php

picture.php

Thanks to Evilface who makes the best decals(for the cobra emblem)! Scrap Iron got a little washed out with the flash pictures. He is just kit bashed from other parts and uniform dyed. I'll try to get some better pictures up.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I put a red wash on the boots, but the flash really makes them shine(and not in a good way...)
picture.php

Being blown away daily by Elvis makes it real intimidating to post, but I'll give it a shot.

Thanks for looking!

Rob

Yeah, elvis and MANDO make us all feel inadequate :lol

Thats a damn fine bash! Rocket launcher kicks ass to.

:rock Very nice! Would love to see some non "washed out" pics.

And like King said, we can't all be Seb or Mando. But there are plenty of awesome Joes to make, so don't let that stop you! This Scrap Iron is kick ass!

Yeah, elvis and MANDO make us all feel inadequate :lol

Thats a damn fine bash! Rocket launcher kicks ass to.

Thanks King! Elvis is the King!

looks cool....love the rocket luncher.

Thanks Shai!

That rocket launcher is killer.

Can't wait to see Scrap Iron once you have him completely finished. Looks good so far.

Thanks Devil, I have a couple of odds and ends to do. I am debating on whether to dye that uniform a darker blue...

:rock Very nice! Would love to see some non "washed out" pics.

QUOTE]

Thanks Flosi, I took a couple more without flash. I really suck at taking pictures! :lol

Here is one with Cobra Commader with his Helmet. I sculpted the mask over a Dragon head.
picture.php

Here is my old Destro bash on a Hot Toys body. Truth be told, I almost chunked him after I saw Elvis version! Baroness is a kitbash(Thanks again to Evilface for Cobra decals).
picture.php

picture.php

Thanks again for looking!

Rob

Last edited:
The rocket launcher looks very well crafted and he's even got the remote. Good stuff! Love that you gave him the facial scars too as I think most folks overlook that on the original figure. Helmet looks perfect as well! :rock2

The rocket launcher looks very well crafted and he's even got the remote. Good stuff! Love that you gave him the facial scars too as I think most folks overlook that on the original figure. Helmet looks perfect as well! :rock2

Mando,

Funny actually the scars are already on that Hot Toys head(Resident Evil)! I didn't do anything to it. Actually, I didn't realize that Scrap Iron had the scars until after doing some research on the figure, and I had already chosen the head. Although it was an accident, it was a step in the right direction.

Rob

BTW thanks for praise! It means a lot!

Last edited:
That Scrap Iron is awesome. Can you take some more pic's of your cool looking Cobra Commander please.:joy

That scrap iron looks very good man.
The rocket launcher is very well build. Very clever.
Keep up the good work and thanks for the head up! It's cool that my custom inspired you. That's the point!

That Scrap Iron is awesome. Can you take some more pic's of your cool looking Cobra Commander please.:joy

Thanks! I took a couple more pictures of CC.

picture.php

Hooded and helmet commanders together.

picture.php

picture.php

I basically did the head and painted it, and the rest of the gear came from the trooper and officer, so he would fit in as their "leader".

Rob

Back