HELP! I have a small problem with our new Blu-Ray player/Blu-Ray disc...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Entity

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Hello fellow Freaks!!

We've just bought our first Blu-Ray player today and I bought the Terminator Salvation Blu-Ray to go with it.

The player is a Philips BDP 2500/12

Both the player as well as the disc are European regioned, and have been bought in The Netherlands.

Now everything seems to work fine, until the menu screen from my Terminator Blu appears. At this point it seems like the remote control has lost it's function.

The arrow-keys won't work, and neither will the Play-button. All the buttons that don't have a function in the menu, like the pause button, give the usual notification that they don't have a function, by displaying a circle with a diagonal line through it.

But the arrows and play buttons don't do anything at all, while they work perfectly in the settings menu of the player itself.
I can't get the movie to play even if I use the Play button on the player itself.

Because I only have one BR-disc to try right now, I can't say if the fault lies with the player or the disc.
I've tried a regular DVD and that seems to be working just fine.

Another thing with the TS Blu Ray is that right before the menu options appear; this symbol appears in the left side of the screen.

attachment.php

I thought that that might be the cause of why the other options don't work, because I need to do something about that first... but I have no idea really :dunno

So basically, I'm asking if anyone experienced this before... or knows about it?
Is it just a glitch on the disc, or is there something wrong with the player?

Thank you in advance!!!

Check that your firmware is up to date.

Yeah, check your firmware. Welcome to the world of Blu-ray. :banghead

Thanks, you guys!!!! :duff :rock

I just checked and I did have old firmware, so I'm downloading the latest one as we speak...

I'll let you know if it works after that.

Wish I could help you out, Ingo, but I haven't had that problem.

Good Luck! :) :wave

Ah well, I hope I have the solution now!! :) Thanks anyway!! :duff

Damnit... I downloaded the latest software, loaded it to my usb-stick and now the damn Blu-Ray Player says that there isn't any software on the stick :confused: :banghead :banghead :mad: :mad:

EDIT: Seems to be working now... *crosses fingers*

Last edited:
Check that your firmware is up to date.

Yeah, check your firmware. Welcome to the world of Blu-ray. :banghead

:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture

Every once in awhile I have to run a 50 foot ethernet cable from my router in my office to the bluray and update the firmware, usually for the newest blu-ray with all the bells and whistles. I even had to do this for a standard DVD once (standard, but new release). That's one thing that is a hassle with bluray players, they have to be updated periodically. I don't think the majority of people have internet access right by their entertainment center either.

Yeah I hate that you have to constantly upgrade the firmware on these suckers. What happened to the good old days when stuff just worked right out of the box??? No upgrades necessary.

Hope it works out.

I just finished watching the movie! It worked out perfectly. I saved the file with the firmware not in the rootfolder of my USB-stick... :eek:
That's what caused it not to "see" the new firmware.

Anyway, thank you very much for your help!! :duff :rock

:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture

Every once in awhile I have to run a 50 foot ethernet cable from my router in my office to the bluray and update the firmware, usually for the newest blu-ray with all the bells and whistles. I even had to do this for a standard DVD once (standard, but new release). That's one thing that is a hassle with bluray players, they have to be updated periodically. I don't think the majority of people have internet access right by their entertainment center either.

Yeah, I don't have internet access near my entertainment center either. I had to save it to a USB-stick first.

Yeah I hate that you have to constantly upgrade the firmware on these suckers. What happened to the good old days when stuff just worked right out of the box??? No upgrades necessary.

Yeah I was thinking that too, while I was cursing the player, the inventor and the disc for not working :lol

It is lame though that it wouldn't work rightaway!!!

Yeah I that you have to constantly upgrade the firmware on these suckers. What happened to the good old days when stuff just worked right out of the box??? No upgrades necessary.

That's why I just use the PS3, no hassles. :peace

Back