Medicom's 1/6 ROTS Vader!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustinLuck

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey guys, I just came across these pics of Medicom's 1/6 ROTS Vader. If Sideshow can match these proportions of his mask and helmet, I will truely be in seventh heaven!!! This is THE Vader that I have known all my childhood!!

dscn9901aa.jpg

dscn9894aa.jpg

dvss.jpg

Sideshow, please, please, please!!!!??? I will love you forever!!!

Andy, please feel free to tell us your thoughts on this Medicom piece!

Well it looks like the Vader I've known since Revenge of the Sith. He is still too small, look at them wimpy arms.

abstractharmony said:
So are those Anakin heads interchangeable or is is pot luck which one you get.

I'd love both....

Come on sideshow - you know you want to....

Those are two completely different figures. The one on the left is Vader in his ROTJ costume and the one on the right is Vader in his ROTS costume. I have the ROTJ version and it is definitely the best 1/6th scale figure I have. Of course, I fully expect the Sideshow version to be a tad better :D

This thing is pretty sweet but it's way too exspensive for a figure of that size IMO. I'd still like to get one though.

Anyone know a good site to get the ROTS version at a decent price?

The cheapest I've seen this piece go for was $165 and that was a few months ago on a presale on eBay.

Nowadays he's going for even more.

I have the medicom ROTJ Vader, and its amazing, one of my best figures, the size isnt noticeable atm.

BDboystoys said:
I have the medicom ROTJ Vader, and its amazing, one of my best figures, the size isnt noticeable atm.

Let me ask you, how's the clothing? I ask as I think the deciding factor as to whether Darth is worth his price tag is the quality of the materials involved.

gdb said:
Let me ask you, how's the clothing? I ask as I think the deciding factor as to whether Darth is worth his price tag is the quality of the materials involved.

Its definately quality and overall looks superb, but id say if you dont have it now then dont get it and wait for Sideshows. I got mine before the SW 12" announcement from Sideshow. I probably would have waited for Sideshow version before medicoms as they would be able to produce a quality product for much less and not overpriced. I might even find myself replacing my medicom one if sideshow is much better.

If SSC's Vader is simply as good as this Medicom ROTS Darth, I'll be one happy hombre.

Is it just me or is there a distinct difference in the shape of the helm between the ROTJ and ROTS versions?

The ROTS version looks much more accurate to the OT to me.

MisterToyNYC said:
Automated Teller Machine. Also known as a "cash machine" :D :duh

Eric

listeneing to howard stern this week, i found it out also means something else.:naughty ......but i don't think that's what BDboystoys meant.

Mortar Conn said:
The ROTS version looks much more accurate to the OT to me.

LOL, I think you might be right Mortar. I was looking at screen grabs from ROTS, and the helmet does not match Medicom's. But I still prefer Medicom's look because maybe it is closer to how it was shaped in ESB and ROTJ. I grew up watching the OT on VHS, so I am used to the original look compared to the new ROTS version.

Back