PDA

View Full Version : Aurra Sing Premium Format

<object width="400" height="225"><param name="movie" value="http://www.sideshowtoy.com/media/swf/generic-flv-player-no-auto.swf?videoFile=/media/flv/general/Aura Sing PF Inside Look-BSP_FLV..flv"></param><embed src="http://www.sideshowtoy.com/media/swf/generic-flv-player-no-auto.swf?videoFile=/media/flv/general/Aura Sing PF Inside Look-BSP_FLV..flv" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="400" height="225"></embed></object>

FLOSI
12-29-2009, 10:34 AM
Not thinking she's a PF but a CM.... no?

Pizza
12-29-2009, 10:37 AM
Aurra Sing Premium Format Inside Look

:)

jason2885
12-29-2009, 10:43 AM
She looks nice.

Darth Snoopy
12-29-2009, 10:53 AM
Aurra Sing PF, eh? I want to see more before I decide on if I buy or not. :D

Seaward
12-29-2009, 11:05 AM
I always felt that this was such a forced character. George Lucas kept saying that people loved Boba Fett, so he wanted to make another Boba Fett for the prequels. She didn't really do much in TPM, and was not featured again. I can think of so many other SW characters that should come first.

Boba86Solo
12-29-2009, 11:10 AM
$300 for her?
???????????????????????????????????????????:monkey 2

Outer_Rim
12-29-2009, 11:10 AM
Looks very promising.

Darth Waller
12-29-2009, 11:20 AM
I always felt that this was such a forced character. George Lucas kept saying that people loved Boba Fett, so he wanted to make another Boba Fett for the prequels. She didn't really do much in TPM, and was not featured again. I can think of so many other SW characters that should come first.

That's exactly how I feel about her. :dunno

Jaycepticon
12-29-2009, 11:29 AM
It's been a pretty disappointing SS 12 days of Xmas for me so far:monkey2

ProgMatinee
12-29-2009, 11:33 AM
I kinda feel BS on that dude saying "we get tired of Han Solo and Luke and Darth Vader". The truth is they like doing half naked chicks or chicks in tight clothing and there isn't in the way of that in the core characters from the movies.

This is a better choice than a E I Amidala?

Lordscum
12-29-2009, 11:43 AM
I was going to say that I was surpried that there has been no 1:6 announcements so far for the 12 days of SS then I realized that the Emoperor /Throne and 41st Clone was just made about 10 days ago.

I think there won't be too many major announcements until around Toy Fair.

tomandshell
12-29-2009, 11:44 AM
Yet another release in my favorite line that I won't be getting. I'm sure it will be nice for those that want her--and I'm happier with this than Darth Oola, since this character at least appeared in two or three frames of the movie.

But I'm still going to stubbornly hold out for PF versions of the Emperor, a Stormtrooper, C-3PO, R2-D2, a Gamorrean Guard, Skiff Guard Lando, Chewbacca, Greedo, Bib Fortuna, any of the cantina aliens, Imperial Guard, Admiral Ackbar, etc.

I feel like the EU characters have had much more than their fair share of attention in the PF line over the last year, especially considering how many primary and secondary characters from the films are still MIA. I thought that Asajj was going to be a "change of pace" character choice in the line, but after her and then Darth Talon and now Aurra Sing, it seems like the obscure females are taking over the line, and the occasional change of pace has now become the main focus--at the expense of SO many other worthy character choices.

Unless my memory fails me, the Tusken Raider is the only new (non-repeat) OT character introduced into the line in the last TWO AND A HALF YEARS. There are so many classic characters being neglected that it's not even funny.

automaton
12-29-2009, 12:09 PM
i have to give kudos to Sideshow for spreading the love! first Darth Talon and now Aurra Sing... thank you SST for really considering the needs and wants of everyone.

creature4000
12-29-2009, 12:12 PM
the good thing tom... how many other female EU characters are there?

Kibishii
12-29-2009, 12:15 PM
She looks neat, but I have ZERO interest in the character. I actually enjoy the EU characters or even obscure characters, but Aurra Sing would probably be one of the last characters on the list. It would have been nice to see a Cade Skywalker to go with Darth Talon, Luminara, Star Killer, Mara Jade, or one of the named Clone Troopers. Oh, wait, how about Padme?

Grats to those who are excited for this announcement.

Something Sexy
12-29-2009, 12:24 PM
I will say Talon > Aurra Sing.

So she will be a pass for me if I keep Talon.

Something Sexy
12-29-2009, 12:25 PM
She looks neat, but I have ZERO interest in the character. I actually enjoy the EU characters or even obscure characters, but Aurra Sing would probably be one of the last characters on the list. It would have been nice to see a Cade Skywalker to go with Darth Talon, Luminara, Star Killer, Mara Jade, or one of the named Clone Troopers. Oh, wait, how about Padme?

Grats to those who are excited for this announcement.

YES!

If they made a Mara Jade...I would be 100% all over that.

The Mike
12-29-2009, 12:30 PM
The WIP has a nice butt. Not interested in the least although by the comments in the video it sounds like Sideshow is prepping their fans for more EU pieces which makes smart business sense in the long term. I look forward to the eventual Jaina Solo. :lol

Cloud
12-29-2009, 12:36 PM
I love Aurra Sing, personally. But I doubt I'll get this. Kind of depends on when it comes out.

theropod
12-29-2009, 12:40 PM
Something to keep in mind is that there is a big push LFL right now for anything involving the Clone Wars series. Aurra Sing has already appeared a couple episodes and will have an expanding role in the future.
For this same reason, we already have an Asajj Ventress PF...
-theropod

Deeznutz6
12-29-2009, 12:45 PM
Yet another release in my favorite line that I won't be getting. I'm sure it will be nice for those that want her--and I'm happier with this than Darth Oola, since this character at least appeared in two or three frames of the movie.

But I'm still going to stubbornly hold out for PF versions of the Emperor, a Stormtrooper, C-3PO, R2-D2, a Gamorrean Guard, Skiff Guard Lando, Chewbacca, Greedo, Bib Fortuna, any of the cantina aliens, Imperial Guard, Admiral Ackbar, etc.

I feel like the EU characters have had much more than their fair share of attention in the PF line over the last year, especially considering how many primary and secondary characters from the films are still MIA. I thought that Asajj was going to be a "change of pace" character choice in the line, but after her and then Darth Talon and now Aurra Sing, it seems like the obscure females are taking over the line, and the occasional change of pace has now become the main focus--at the expense of SO many other worthy character choices.

Unless my memory fails me, the Tusken Raider is the only new (non-repeat) OT character introduced into the line in the last TWO AND A HALF YEARS. There are so many classic characters being neglected that it's not even funny.

Thankfully SS doesnt listen to OT ELISTIST's liek yourself :rotfl

Thats a joke in case in didnt come across as one

Zero interest this figure and dont see how EU is the future of SW, but thats me

firefly2121
12-29-2009, 12:59 PM
Blast...still no Chewy, R2, C-3PO, Emperor, Stormtrooper...with space and money being an issue I'm not ordering this...

niennumb1
12-29-2009, 01:07 PM
I like how they captured a pose that she was actually in her photos, yet they couldn't even get a pose from Return of the Jedi for Luke PF.

This one didn't deserve a PF with still so many great characters in the OT left needing to be made:

3P0 and R2
Chewie
Stormtrooper
Emperor
Jabba's Band!

King Darkness
12-29-2009, 01:10 PM
Huh, I dont think I even know who this character is :dunno

Kibishii
12-29-2009, 01:16 PM
From a business standpoint, they JUST gave us Jedi Luke and they need to spread out the "core" characters. To do this, they will make EU and obscure characters. Darth Talon was obscure, but at least she is one of the key villains of Legacy. It boggles me why they chose Aurra Sing since she isn't very popular and there are other EU characters who, in my opinion, would make more fans happy. I agree that LFL probably had a hand in pushing this PF.

Shropt
12-29-2009, 01:22 PM
Interesting choice.

2 notes for the haters:

1) Aurra Sing is in the new Clone Wars series
2) Disney World actually has an Aurra Sing costumed character that walks around and signs autographs (and is actually strangely VERY hot.)

This character definately has a following and an interesting look to boot. Now my question is how do you buy the nude version? :)

EDIT: Photos of Disney's Aurra Sing

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1122/1289689761_27fd8a6f0e_b.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2027/2573463152_937760e42e_b.jpg

SixMillionDollarMan Guy
12-29-2009, 01:25 PM
:sleep:sleep:sleep

Seaward
12-29-2009, 01:34 PM
I wasn't aware of the Clone War stuff, but sometimes it does feel like SS produces female characters to sell on sex appeal...

This one just isn't to my tastes from the films, but maybe there is more to be seen!

Darth Madden
12-29-2009, 01:36 PM

Didn't do much... wasn't she only in TPM for 2 seconds? I'm glad this is another one I can pass on.

Amanaman
12-29-2009, 01:44 PM
sometimes it does feel like SS produces female characters to sell on sex appeal...

That's the only reason.

Balsquat
12-29-2009, 01:46 PM
Didn't do much... wasn't she only in TPM for 2 seconds? I'm glad this is another one I can pass on.

Where was she in Phantom Menace???
I have never seen this character?

Darth Madden
12-29-2009, 01:48 PM
Where was she in Phantom Menace???
I have never seen this character?

I haven't watched TPM in a while but I believe its during the pod race there is a quick shot of her on a hill watching it.

boba flint
12-29-2009, 01:50 PM
I feel like the EU characters have had much more than their fair share of attention in the PF line over the last year,........
There are so many classic characters being neglected that it's not even funny.

:lecture
If they wanted to do a female bounty hunter. Zam would have been a better choice.

DarthNeil
12-29-2009, 01:52 PM
If they wanted to do a female bounty hunter. Zam would have been a better choice.

Zam is not interesting (although her "real appearance" would make for a cool swap out addition)... Aurra Sing has a great original look and her appearance in the Clone Wars episode with Cad Bane just solidified her appeal. I think it's a good choice and I'm very sure that this is one EU PF that I won't be passing on...

Darth Madden
12-29-2009, 01:52 PM

She would have been 20x better but she doesn't have a sexy outfit so that's why they didn't make her.

Jaycepticon
12-29-2009, 01:54 PM
I'm up for a Zam Wesell PF:monkey1

Khev
12-29-2009, 02:10 PM
So they wanted to do a PF of a "hot" chick from the PT and Clone Wars cartoon. I'm glad they poured through every frame of film to find the one character who best fits that criteria.

http://mytakes.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/457px-padme_swsb.jpg

LOTRFan
12-29-2009, 02:15 PM
I think the post regarding LFL pushing the Clone Wars (particularly the cartoon) was probably right on. :lecture

That said, only one SW PF in my order cue. :peace

Something Sexy
12-29-2009, 03:04 PM
I like how they captured a pose that she was actually in her photos, yet they couldn't even get a pose from Return of the Jedi for Luke PF.

This one didn't deserve a PF with still so many great characters in the OT left needing to be made:

3P0 and R2
Chewie
Stormtrooper
Emperor
Jabba's Band!

They already announced we are getting 3PO, R2 and a Stormtrooper.

Interesting choice.

2 notes for the haters:

1) Aurra Sing is in the new Clone Wars series
2) Disney World actually has an Aurra Sing costumed character that walks around and signs autographs (and is actually strangely VERY hot.)

This character definately has a following and an interesting look to boot. Now my question is how do you buy the nude version? :)

EDIT: Photos of Disney's Aurra Sing

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1122/1289689761_27fd8a6f0e_b.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2027/2573463152_937760e42e_b.jpg

I not sure I would use the word hot. :) Bald women aren't my thing. :)

Boba86Solo
12-29-2009, 04:05 PM
Really, why this? I would have hoped for a 2nd PF Clone. I really would like to see OT characters, but would like to have one that at least had a line in the film.

icruise
12-29-2009, 04:07 PM
I have no interest in this or any of the other EU characters. If there's really a big call for this kind of thing, then so be it, but to me it's kind of annoying that we don't get some of the iconic OT background characters instead of these -- things along the lines of the Tusken Raider. I would be all over most of the OT aliens like a Jawa, Cantina Band member (or any of the better known Cantina aliens), etc. Not to mention the major characters that we haven't seen yet.

Apone
12-29-2009, 04:07 PM
PASS...definately

Boba86Solo
12-29-2009, 04:11 PM
Want a bounty hunter, how about Bossk. At least he spoke in ESB and looks cool.

Dash
12-29-2009, 04:19 PM
We get this before IG-88..? Bossk..? Greedo???

Qrest Fourstar
12-29-2009, 04:20 PM
The WIP has a nice butt.

Have to agree. Aurra is a cool looking character, but I resnt they call her a secondary character. She's set dressing. and Not worth a PF.

1/6 sure, but I think Jango deserves a PF before aurra.

Also, SS, stop wasting your time on this crap. I want my PF CHEWIE:chew

thenammagazine
12-29-2009, 04:30 PM
I have no interest in this or any of the other EU characters. If there's really a big call for this kind of thing, then so be it, but to me it's kind of annoying that we don't get some of the iconic OT background characters instead of these -- things along the lines of the Tusken Raider. I would be all over most of the OT aliens like a Jawa, Cantina Band member (or any of the better known Cantina aliens), etc. Not to mention the major characters that we haven't seen yet.

She actually appeared in one of the movies bub.

icruise
12-29-2009, 04:31 PM
She's an EU character. I don't give a damn if she appeared for 3 seconds in TPM.

The video even starts out talking about how much they like the "expanded universe characters." :duh

thenammagazine
12-29-2009, 04:37 PM
She's an EU character. I don't give a damn if she appeared for 3 seconds in TPM.

The video even starts out talking about how much they like the "expanded universe characters." :duh

And the rest of the bounty hunters aren't? IG-88, Dengar, Zuckuss, 4-LOM, etc. They didn't have much screen time either.

LOTRFan
12-29-2009, 04:40 PM
But at least Bossk has a speaking part. :rotfl :lol :rotfl

It goes something like, "groowwwfff"

thenammagazine
12-29-2009, 04:41 PM
But at least Bossk has a speaking part. :rotfl :lol :rotfl

It goes something like, "groowwwfff"

:lol:rotfl:lol:rotfl:lol um....no. :lol

icruise
12-29-2009, 04:43 PM
I guess I would draw the line between her and the other bounty hunters this way: there's no way you can tell anything about this character just by watching TPM. You have no idea who she is or that she's a bounty hunter. At least with the bounty hunters in ESB, you know that they're bounty hunters, and they have a role in the story, however small. In TPM Aurra Sing is set dressing with no impact on the story or interaction with the characters.

jason2885
12-29-2009, 04:50 PM
I want them to make the most important EU female of all time in Mara Jade.

fantasymaker
12-29-2009, 04:58 PM
Nice Ass , she is one of the best sexy female characters .

Darklord Dave
12-29-2009, 05:07 PM
We get this before IG-88..? Bossk..? Greedo???

Greedo I'd like to see - but none of the other bounty hunters are really of interest to me. Their designs just aren't very cool. A guy in a Gorn mask? A guy made up as a mummy stormtrooper? A garbage disposal?

But I'm pretty psyched about Aurra - yes, it's another hot chick - but it's also a pretty cool design of an evil character. I'm more interested in this one than Darth Cruella or Asajj.

It's interesting how the Disney actor has an face appliance to make her look more alien whereas the live action photo just has makeup and no prosthetic. I'm wondering if that's why we don't see the face on the PF - some may be pushing for the look in the photo whereas others want the more alien/Clone Wars design.

IrishJedi
12-29-2009, 05:23 PM
:rotfl :lol :rotfl :lol

Easiest PASS ever. Seriously. Wow.

:lol

Was this a directive from Lucasfilm, or is Sideshow really as out of touch as LFL now? :duh

Deeznutz6
12-29-2009, 05:37 PM
:rotfl :lol :rotfl :lol

Easiest PASS ever. Seriously. Wow.

:lol

Was this a directive from Lucasfilm, or is Sideshow really as out of touch as LFL now? :duh

Close, CCC was the easiest pass ever, this is up there though, especially at the price tag of these PF's

Wor-Gar
12-29-2009, 05:44 PM
Nice Ass...

And they maintained that for the PF. Nice touch.

But I see where this PF line is going: Asajj, Darth Talon, now Aurra.

SOLIDSNAKE
12-29-2009, 05:47 PM
COOL ! cant wait to see the full pics !

wookielovin
12-29-2009, 05:55 PM
Looks good.. but easy pass:( If im going to drop 300 it better something i can remember. Its like the video was trying to educate who this character is with its 5 sec frame of fame. so sad.

Vader AL
12-29-2009, 06:21 PM
i'm trying so hard to stick to just a few lines and only OT SW stuff but you have to admit there are some visually stunning characters, etc. from the PT and the EU.

Darth Madden
12-29-2009, 06:25 PM
So if they are basing it off that picture will the PF have visible nipples too? :)

Ultimate Weapon
12-29-2009, 06:40 PM
The PF looks pretty cool so far and I've always liked the idea of Aurra Sing as a character and her design.

Like so many things begun in each prequel though, she never appeared in another flick even though she was supposed to be this mysterious character that would be introduced. Too bad.

Still probably wouldn't get it though. If she actually popped up in the other prequels, she would be a lot more enticing.

Deeznutz6
12-29-2009, 06:46 PM
I hear the next PF is Boss Nass :)

ProgMatinee
12-29-2009, 06:50 PM
Greedo I'd like to see - but none of the other bounty hunters are really of interest to me. Their designs just aren't very cool. A guy in a Gorn mask? A guy made up as a mummy stormtrooper? A garbage disposal?

But I'm pretty psyched about Aurra - yes, it's another hot chick - but it's also a pretty cool design of an evil character. I'm more interested in this one than Darth Cruella or Asajj.

its funny how you trivialize the designs of bossk, dengar and ig 88 but some bald chick with simple white make up and a vest is "cool". :lol

Different strokes i guess.

Star Puffs
12-29-2009, 06:54 PM
Another perplexing Sideshow selection that appeals to only a thin slice of the Star Wars market. If they are 'bored' with the main characters, there are dozens of alternatives more worthy of PF figure.

automaton
12-29-2009, 07:31 PM
i am thrilled that SST considers ALL Star Wars fans...

it will be interesting to see how this figure fares a few years from now after her character is fleshed out in the upcoming Star Wars television show...

Deeznutz6
12-29-2009, 07:38 PM
i am thrilled that SST considers ALL Star Wars fans...

it will be interesting to see how this figure fares a few years from now after her character is fleshed out in the upcoming Star Wars television show...

Assuming

A) there is a show
B) Its lasts more then a few eps

roguebaron
12-29-2009, 07:39 PM
An interesting choice. Overhyped in the first film for sure, but she seems to be coming into her own in the expanded universe stuff now. I like the sculpt so far, and the base looks cool, but I don't know if that will be enough to swing her as a pf purchase for me. I am happy to see more female characters getting the pf treatment, but I think I'd like to see a shaak ti first.

Silent December
12-29-2009, 07:45 PM
http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/6351/imagesnoring3.jpg

Darklord Dave
12-29-2009, 08:02 PM
its funny how you trivialize the designs of bossk, dengar and ig 88 but some bald chick with simple white make up and a vest is "cool". :lol

Different strokes i guess.
Don't forget she's a hot chick. But seriously MY impression of the other bounty hunters has always been underwhelmed. There's something about Aurra that just...sings.

Assuming

A) there is a show
B) Its lasts more then a few eps

Lucas has said they'll he'll produce 100 episodes whether he has a network to carry it or not.

IrishJedi
12-29-2009, 08:25 PM
But seriously MY impression of the other bounty hunters has always been underwhelmed. There's something about Aurra that just...sings.

http://i37.tinypic.com/jv0umv.gif

I... I... [sigh]... forget it.

Darth Madden
12-29-2009, 08:31 PM
There's something about Aurra that just...sings.

Can we start a bad pun list for this board? :)

EVILFACE
12-29-2009, 08:33 PM
What a meh choice. . .

IrishJedi
12-29-2009, 08:36 PM
If you think that Aurra "Look at the needless TPM cameo by a character you've never seen before and won't again that means nothing fanboys!!" Sing is better than any OT bounty hunter...

http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss183/Sargentohartman3/Gifs/Backpacks_thrown.gif

ProgMatinee
12-29-2009, 08:37 PM
Don't forget she's a hot chick. But seriously MY impression of the other bounty hunters has always been underwhelmed. There's something about Aurra that just...sings.

Lucas has said they'll he'll produce 100 episodes whether he has a network to carry it or not.

she's not hot in my book, no way. she's thin, but that hardly makes hot. she has a ugly face and boney body, IMO. but yeah I can understand that SSC typically has the mind set that any chick with tight clothing would sell since they do for most other lines.

but sw has soo many fans they don't need to resort to that to sell items.

darth dennis
12-29-2009, 08:50 PM
Diversity in the line is a good thing in general, but I did find this to be a curious announcement. I'll have to see the painted version to decide whether or not I'll get it.

I guess when you think about it, there are basically six PF's that we know of in the pipeline. Three are absolute staples of the franchise (Jedi Luke, C3PO, Yoda/Clone), One is a PT necessity (Dooku) and Two are niche characters (Talon, Sing). From a customer perspective, I think it gives the PT/OT only collectors a little break on the wallet, while providing the fans of the PF medium and Star Wars in general an opportunity to flesh out a diverse collection. All in all, Sideshow is still kicking butt with this line, IMHO...

agen_kolar
12-29-2009, 09:17 PM

If this is what he wanted, then she should've been in AOTC instead of Zam Wesell. I think I heard that originally was the plan, anyway.

Darth Waller
12-29-2009, 09:51 PM
In TPM Aurra Sing is set dressing with no impact on the story or interaction with the characters.

You could say that about most TPM characters. :monkey1

There's something about Aurra that just...sings.

Good one, Dave! :lol

http://i37.tinypic.com/jv0umv.gif

It looks like he's trying to use his Jedi mind tricks on us.

"You WILL buy this PF."

galactiboy
12-29-2009, 09:55 PM
This is definitely a character I would never have expected to see given a PF. But, like some of the other odd choices to me it makes me think the series has a lot of strength or they would not be making obscure characters like this.

Darth Waller
12-29-2009, 09:55 PM
The pose and base on this PF are great, but that's about all the good I can say about it. :D

Boba86Solo
12-29-2009, 09:59 PM
It is an easy pass

Khev
12-29-2009, 10:05 PM
I hope that Aurra Sing is only the first of many Pod Race spectators we see in Premium Format. They're a vital part of Star Wars and I hope we see them all.

http://www.robotcombat.com/images/jim_sw1_extra_l.jpg

icruise
12-29-2009, 10:17 PM
But, like some of the other odd choices to me it makes me think the series has a lot of strength or they would not be making obscure characters like this.

People said the same about the 12" Faramir...

The Mike
12-29-2009, 10:23 PM
Wow...I'm surprised many of you are referring to her as "hot"....and people say I'm the freaky pervert. I'm hoping if they are focused onto Expanded Universe that they give us some from KOTOR and if they want some eye candy they can give us Bastila Shan. I know who the sculptor can use for inspiration as well....

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e307/Pilipenko/Star%20Wars/KaB.jpg

Mortar Conn
12-29-2009, 11:14 PM
I kinda feel BS on that dude saying "we get tired of Han Solo and Luke and Darth Vader". The truth is they like doing half naked chicks or chicks in tight clothing and there isn't in the way of that in the core characters from the movies.

This is a better choice than a E I Amidala?

ProgMatinee called it. Sideshow is selling out to commercial sex appeal, plain and simple. Darth Porn, anyone?

I'm not a PF consumer, but even in 1/6, this one is an easy pass.

If Sideshow is going SW EU, why don't they tap some of the cool designs from TFU?

ambasah
12-29-2009, 11:35 PM
I guess I'm in the minority, but I've been a fan for many years now. She will look amazing as a pf sculpture (regardless of what you think of the character) and I look very forward to adding her to the collection.

tylerdurden
12-30-2009, 12:02 AM
I will say Talon > Aurra Sing.

:lecture :lecture :lecture

power to those who like this and wanna get it tho.

ss is merely spreading out its releases. i'm sure the other core characters will still be given the pf treatment, eventually.

swabie2424
12-30-2009, 12:21 AM
Aurra's always been an intriguing character to me from a design pov. And I'm stoked to see the work in progress for her as a PF - looks well done. I'll most likely buy her.

I agree with others that there certainly are some characters I would have rather seen first - if we're talking bounty hunters, Greedo is at the top of my list.

I think this whole 12 Days of Sideshow thing is a bit forced. Spooktacular had tons of fun and great announcements, the holidays are busy and we're all distracted anyways... not sure why they're doing this right now. I'd rather see these announcements made next year - maybe in a spring spectacular type event (kinda like Spooktacular lite).

Shai
12-30-2009, 12:31 AM
AVERAGE...

OSCORP
12-30-2009, 12:48 AM
ProgMatinee called it. Sideshow is selling out to commercial sex appeal, plain and simple. Darth Porn, anyone?

I've been saying this for quite some time now. (and not just SW)

devilof76
12-30-2009, 12:56 AM
I've been saying this for quite some time now. (and not just SW)

If that's what they're doing, the least they could have done was a character who had some sex appeal. Aayla Secura would have been the perfect compliment to the Sith bombshell.

The only thing remotely sex-inspiring about Aurra Sing is the fact that she's female, so I don't get the "sex sells" argument with this one.

shocktrooper_au
12-30-2009, 01:49 AM
This character was always a bit too much Mad Max 2/3 for my tastes.
Not that I collect PF's but if I did despite how good it looks I'd probably pass

firefly2121
12-30-2009, 03:31 AM
Im passing on this one as well...As much as I would love every Star Wars PF...Space is the key for me...I hope that one day soon that SSC will make Chewy, Stormy, Emperor, C-3PO/R2...I guess SSC will continue to do EU before what fans really want...Similiar to Marvel fans who cry out for Daredevil and get Bullseye first...

Qrest Fourstar
12-30-2009, 04:25 AM
But if its sex apeal, doesn't an Episode 2 Padme in her tight white outfit equal sexy?

bonsey
12-30-2009, 04:29 AM
I think she'll make a stunning PF.

Darth Cruel
12-30-2009, 05:21 AM
I think she'll be OK as a PF. But the thought that jumps in to my head is this:

The 1:6 figure can not be far behind. How are they going to package her antenna? Will it be loose? Or will they nake the box taller just for that?

icruise
12-30-2009, 05:24 AM
I'm sure they'll just make it something that you stick in yourself.

Shropt
12-30-2009, 05:37 AM
I'm sure they'll just make it something that you stick in yourself.

http://mytakeontv.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/the-office-michael-scott.jpg

IrishJedi
12-30-2009, 06:33 AM
Wow...I'm surprised many of you are referring to her as "hot"....and people say I'm the freaky pervert. I'm hoping if they are focused onto Expanded Universe that they give us some from KOTOR and if they want some eye candy they can give us Bastila Shan. I know who the sculptor can use for inspiration as well....

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e307/Pilipenko/Star%20Wars/KaB.jpg

Now we're talking! :rock

Also, some nerds really do have a loose definition of "hot". Yeah, a gangly, snow white bald chick with the chest of a 10 year old boy... that's getting me all tingly in the nether regions lemme tell ya :lol

INFECDEAD
12-30-2009, 08:56 AM
I've been collecting all the Star Wars PF's exclusives from the start. I almost passed on Asajj Ventress, but stuck with the line because I love star wars.
But I was out when Dooku came out without an exclusive.
Jedi Luke was probably my most anticipated figure and the best SS could come up with was a copy of the gentle giant x wing animated maquette.
For a Jedi Luke pose.
WTF?
I'm happy for anyone who wants this piece. If your collecting focus allows you to get this piece then it will probably be a great PF.
I don't think as highly of the Angelina Jolie Darth Talon statue.
I understand the commerce SS is using. Drag the line out as long as possible and pimp the females for what they are worth. Hey it worked for Marvel and the AH line right?
It's a shame that the SS PF line is ending up with as much substance and quality as anything Lucas has done in the last 2 decades. But star wars kinda died with the invention of the Ewok anyway.

PS share your damn movies in HD you selfish child George!

thenammagazine
12-30-2009, 10:51 AM
Despite all this incessant whining, watch the Ex sell-out time is like 2 minutes. :lol

Darth Madden
12-30-2009, 01:19 PM
Despite all this incessant whining, watch the Ex sell-out time is like 2 minutes. :lol

I'm sure it will sell out fast. but I am also sure a lot will be canceled once better stuff comes out.

thenammagazine
12-30-2009, 01:45 PM
I'm sure it will sell out fast. but I am also sure a lot will be canceled once better stuff comes out.

We'll see. I'm still waiting for a WL convert on Talon. :lol

Darth Cruel
12-30-2009, 02:13 PM
I would do every PF if I had the space. And I would love to have AS to compliment Darth Talon. But I am not likely to get her. In fact, I will likely give up my Darth Talon or trade her for stuff I had to miss out on this year.

automaton
12-30-2009, 03:29 PM
I've been collecting all the Star Wars PF's exclusives from the start. I almost passed on Asajj Ventress, but stuck with the line because I love star wars.
But I was out when Dooku came out without an exclusive.
Jedi Luke was probably my most anticipated figure and the best SS could come up with was a copy of the gentle giant x wing animated maquette.
For a Jedi Luke pose.
WTF?
I'm happy for anyone who wants this piece. If your collecting focus allows you to get this piece then it will probably be a great PF.
I don't think as highly of the Angelina Jolie Darth Talon statue.
I understand the commerce SS is using. Drag the line out as long as possible and pimp the females for what they are worth. Hey it worked for Marvel and the AH line right?
It's a shame that the SS PF line is ending up with as much substance and quality as anything Lucas has done in the last 2 decades. But star wars kinda died with the invention of the Ewok anyway.

PS share your damn movies in HD you selfish child George!

was it Star Wars that kinda died or the little child in you? its a movie. it's for fun. the premium formats are for fun. SST is trying to make everyone happy, so have some fun.

fengjun
12-30-2009, 06:07 PM
regardless of what people think of the character, this is going to be a great sw product. great pose, base design, gears, this is going to be a visually stunning piece.

Kibishii
12-30-2009, 07:35 PM
I agree with others that there certainly are some characters I would have rather seen first - if we're talking bounty hunters, Greedo is at the top of my list.

I hadn't even thought of Greedo, but he would have been a MUCH better choice and would have made 95% of fans happy because he is classic, popular, and OT as well as an original, cool design. Classic Han PF next to Greedo PF ftw...especially if the EX would have been the bar table.

Jeesh, the more characters that people list that would have been a better choice just further increases my disappointment on this one. O'well, I got my Jedi Luke and we know a new Darth Vader is in development, so I am patient. :D

ProgMatinee
12-30-2009, 08:02 PM
I hope that Aurra Sing is only the first of many Pod Race spectators we see in Premium Format. They're a vital part of Star Wars and I hope we see them all.

http://www.robotcombat.com/images/jim_sw1_extra_l.jpg

:banana:banana sarcasm is awesome

tylerdurden
12-30-2009, 08:06 PM
star wars kinda died with the invention of the Ewok anyway.

please. if u really wanna talk about horrible characters, the gungans made the ewoks look like boba fett. THAT's when george really screwed the pooch.

Darth Con
12-30-2009, 08:15 PM
I love the SW PF's. OT more then prequels. But lately SS is just all over the place with characters to represent in PF.
I think the aurra sing looks good, but i dont like her enough to spend $300 USD on her. Same goes for Darth Talon.
Why SS oh why are you not doing characters like Mara Jade, Snowtrooper, Stormtrooper, Chewbacca, Padme, Obi Wan prequel, Qui Gonn, Emperor rotj, Sidious, Mace Windu, royal guard, tie pilots, sandtroopers, gosh theres endeless 'popular' characters to do, characters worth $300 a pop. $300 (or likely more in the year to come) is just way too expensive for obscure characters. I know a lot of people whinge about too many lukes, but i would buy another luke or han over this. Im hoping SS hits some big home runs on esb 30th anniversary!! until now, not too happy, but thats better for me, cause dont have to spend money :D

ProgMatinee
12-30-2009, 08:22 PM
i'm going to call another one as I see it.

SSC IS AFRAID TO PRODUCE TOO MANY HIGH DEMAND ITEMS FOR FEAR OF CANCELLATIONS,

IE they are afraid to come out with too many items that will need to be produced in the thousands. They just did it with Jedi Luke, I think they want to produce stuff that maybe will only sell a few 100 units because they don't want to risk being left with too many items in case the QC is subpar like some of their recent items and they end up with mass returns. For them its a way to also put a little feather in their cap by producing an extremely limited item. Never mind that most SW fans ould give a rip about the character.

swabie2424
12-30-2009, 08:43 PM
I still love the character design. All weirdo, bald, white alien chicks deserve PF treatment. Here's a sketch of Aurra by a pal of mine named David Rabbitte. Wicked!

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k36/plsvab/aurra.jpg

thenammagazine
12-30-2009, 08:57 PM
i'm going to call another one as I see it.

SSC IS AFRAID TO PRODUCE TOO MANY HIGH DEMAND ITEMS FOR FEAR OF CANCELLATIONS,

IE they are afraid to come out with too many items that will need to be produced in the thousands. They just did it with Jedi Luke, I think they want to produce stuff that maybe will only sell a few 100 units because they don't want to risk being left with too many items in case the QC is subpar like some of their recent items and they end up with mass returns. For them its a way to also put a little feather in their cap by producing an extremely limited item. Never mind that most SW fans ould give a rip about the character.

I would say no. This is an offering for people who enjoy the entire genre of Star Wars vs. the boring little box that the OT elitists live in. Does she have the broad appeal of the SW A-listers? No. But she does have appeal, just like Talon does. It's funny how you don't comment about major releases like Jedi Luke per say, but every release with a smaller ES is a chicken-little exercise in how they're trying to cut corners and gip collectors because they're afraid to lose money. C'mon bud, if that were true, they'd just do the A-listers with small enough edition sizes that they're guaranteed to sell out and turn a small profit vs. taking risks on the more popular D-listers and EU characters. :lol

icruise
12-30-2009, 09:01 PM
Actually I think there might be some truth to the idea that Sideshow is saving the "big guns" for later when the economy is a bit better and people have more disposable income.

thenammagazine
12-30-2009, 09:05 PM
Actually I think there might be some truth to the idea that Sideshow is saving the "big guns" for later when the economy is a bit better and people have more disposable income.

Again, then why release this at all? I can't think of a bigger gun than the one they just unholstered, that being Jedi Luke. And don't forget, before Luke, there was Talon, but before her was Yoda/501st and Dooku before him.

icruise
12-30-2009, 09:10 PM
Why release it? Because some people will like it, and it'll fill up the release schedule for the moment. I'm sure there are other reasons as well, and maybe we're reading too much into it. But I think it's a possible explanation.

thenammagazine
12-30-2009, 09:25 PM
Why release it? Because some people will like it, and it'll fill up the release schedule for the moment. I'm sure there are other reasons as well, and maybe we're reading too much into it. But I think it's a possible explanation.

I don't. It'd make more sense to release a less expensive dio or 12" to fill the release schedule then go balls out on designing a character who lacks mass appeal.

The Mike
12-30-2009, 09:25 PM
Again, then why release this at all? I can't think of a bigger gun than the one they just unholstered, that being Jedi Luke. And don't forget, before Luke, there was Talon, but before her was Yoda/501st and Dooku before him.

Jedi Luke isn't the end all, just one of the most requested pieces. Remember even from the OT alone we still are in need of Chewbacca, Artoo, Threepio, Darth Vader from ROTJ to compliment, The Emperor, Stormtrooper, X-Wing Pilot Luke (which would look phenomenal in PF), TIE Fighter Pilot, not to mention a few of the Cantina Aliens, a couple of the Bounty Hunters, maybe they'll get so daring as a Wampa...that's just from the OT. Trust me they haven't crested the possibilities yet especially if you add in the PT which is why there is so much complaining. Its a nice seat filler though for people to recoup their wallets and build up for the next "big" release.

thenammagazine
12-30-2009, 09:28 PM
Jedi Luke isn't the end all, just one of the most requested pieces. Remember even from the OT alone we still are in need of Chewbacca, Artoo, Threepio, Darth Vader from ROTJ to compliment, The Emperor, Stormtrooper, X-Wing Pilot Luke (which would look phenomenal in PF), TIE Fighter Pilot, not to mention a few of the Cantina Aliens, a couple of the Bounty Hunters, maybe they'll get so daring as a Wampa...that's just from the OT. Trust me they haven't crested the possibilities yet especially if you add in the PT which is why there is so much complaining. Its a nice seat filler though for people to recoup their wallets and build up for the next "big" release.

It's also a nice nod to the people who're actually fans of the character and/or just want this piece. If they're hurting financially, or not wanting to take a risk, producing Aurra as a PF, one of their most expensive formats, would be a stupid decision from a business standpoint when they could just as easily have done another character that would've guaranteed money in the bank. That's all I'm saying.

ProgMatinee
12-30-2009, 09:33 PM
It's funny how you don't comment about major releases like Jedi Luke per say, but every release with a smaller ES is a chicken-little exercise in how they're trying to cut corners and gip collectors because they're afraid to lose money.

admittedly i find it more interesting and entertaining to talk about the seedier and controversial side of the collecting scene. i don't usually find the love fests to be very stimulating conversations.

i'm not bashing SSC full bore here, i think there is a niche that likes this figure or maybe its just a collection of individual tastes. I respect that. I don't fully agree with it, but I admit its there.

personally I think there are a lot of characters that fit into both niches AND mainstream, such as Padme fits mainstream AND sex appeal. Greedo fits mainstream AND side characters AND bounty hunters AND aliens AND OT elitists.

In any event, my comments are of course my own personal opinion just like everyone elses. I don't necessarily HAVE to abide by the thoughts of everyone else, but I find my tastes to often be among a general majority.

thenammagazine
12-30-2009, 09:35 PM
admittedly i find it more interesting and entertaining to talk about the seedier and controversial side of the collecting scene. i don't usually find the love fests to be very stimulating conversations.

i'm not bashing SSC full bore here, i think there is a niche that likes this figure or maybe its just a collection of individual tastes. I respect that. I don't fully agree with it, but I admit its there.

personally I think there are a lot of characters that fit into both niches AND mainstream, such as Padme fits mainstream AND sex appeal. Greedo fits mainstream AND side characters.

In any event, my comments are of course my own personal opinion just like everyone elses. I don't necessarily HAVE to abide by the thoughts of teveryone else, but I find my tastes to be among a general majority.

mmmkay? :lol Anyway, you get the gist of what I'm saying. :D

ProgMatinee
12-30-2009, 09:42 PM
mmmkay? :lol Anyway, you get the gist of what I'm saying. :D

of course, do you get what I'm saying because your response doesn't indicate that.

there isn't a lot of traditional business logic to releasing an admittedly low demand odd ball character, so SSC obviously has motives that are untraditional. IMO those motives include but not limited to: purposely selling an item with relative low demand so they can lay claim to producing "rare" items and purposely selling a low demand item to avoid massive cancellations because there QC has recently got to pot. I don't buy the excuse that they are bored with Darth Vader and Han Solo and other main characters from a design perspective...lol. Are they bored of Chewie or Greedo or Tarkin or Jango or a probe droid or snowtrooper or xwing pilot or zam wessel or sebulba or Padme Ep I or EI Obi-Wan or Naboo soldiers or countless other characters? Or are they just horny dorks looking to produce as many women in spandex as possible and they are starting to scrape the bottom of the barrell there?

I guess that was the down fall of the LOTR and Indy 1/6th lines. Not enough spandex.

thenammagazine
12-30-2009, 09:51 PM
of course, do you get what I'm saying because your response doesn't indicate that.

there isn't a lot of traditional business logic to releasing an admittedly low demand odd ball character, so SSC obviously has motives that are untraditional. IMO those motives include but not limited to: purposely selling an item with relative low demand so they can lay claim to producing "rare" items and purposely selling a low demand item to avoid massive cancellations. I don't buy the excuse that they are bored with Darth Vader and Han Solo and other main characters from a design perspective...lol. Are they bored of Chewie or Greedo or Tarkin or Jango or a probe droid or snowtrooper or xwing pilot or zam wessel or sebulba or Padme Ep I or EI Obi-Wan or Naboo soldiers or countless other characters? Or are they just horny dorks looking to produce as many women in spandex as possible?

I see what you're saying, I just don't see how producing a "WHO?!" from the Star Wars universe as a high-end PF equates to cost cutting or playing it safe. If they wanted to avoid cancellations, they could just as easily trim 3PO's ES by 3/4 and release him. That would guarantee that nobody would cancel. Believe it or not, while maybe not to the masses Aurra Sing does have market appeal and I think making a PF of her speaks more to Sideshow taking a risk to appeal to a broader spectrum of Star Wars fans.

ProgMatinee
12-30-2009, 09:54 PM
SSC is smarter than that to undersell a major character. however they are also smart enough to not compete 2 huge sellers back to back and force people to make a decision with knowledge that they can pick up huge sellers on the aftermarket easier than rare characters.

SSC is a smart company.

I'm not really saying they SHOULDN'T do this character. I understand the business sense to it. I just don't like it all the time.

thenammagazine
12-30-2009, 10:12 PM
SSC is smarter than that to undersell a major character. however they are also smart enough to not compete 2 huge sellers back to back and force people to make a decision with knowledge that they can pick up huge sellers on the aftermarket easier than rare characters.

SSC is a smart company.

I'm not really saying they SHOULDN'T do this character. I understand the business sense to it. I just don't like it all the time.

But this is only the third obscure character they've done. That's hardly "all the time." The rest of the PFs, with maybe the Tusken Raider being an exception, have all been relatively mainstream.

icruise
12-30-2009, 10:27 PM
If they wanted to avoid cancellations, they could just as easily trim 3PO's ES by 3/4 and release him. That would guarantee that nobody would cancel.
Why would they want to do that? What I'm saying is that it makes sense for them to wait until the largest possible pool of buyers for their big hitters is available. Better that they release a character with limited appeal now and save something like C-3PO for when there are more people who can afford it. I'm not sure why you're taking offense at this suggestion -- it's good business sense, even if it doesn't make me happy personally.

For the record I have absolutely no problem with them occasionally releasing a character like this. What does concern me a little bit is that 3 of the last 10 PFs will be these kind of female EU characters, which seems like rather high ratio. Maybe it's just Darth Talon followed up so quickly by this that's making some of us uneasy, but I really don't want the Star Wars line to turn into something like what they have on the Marvel side -- one "hot" girl statue after another.

Kibishii
12-30-2009, 10:38 PM
Long replies...

I don't buy the excuse that they are bored with Darth Vader and Han Solo and other main characters from a design perspective...lol. Are they bored of Chewie or Greedo or Tarkin or Jango or a probe droid or snowtrooper or xwing pilot or zam wessel or sebulba or Padme Ep I or EI Obi-Wan or Naboo soldiers or countless other characters? Or are they just horny dorks looking to produce as many women in spandex as possible...?
I have a feeling that the Star Wars license is not cheap and if LFL is pushing Clone Wars characters, that has something to do with it. As The Mike said, there are SOOOOOOOOO many 2nd/3rd+ tier characters who would have appealed to alot more fans that Aurra Sing is just a mind boggling choice.

And, there are ALOT of "horny dorks" who will put T&A up just because they like it. Look at the popularity of AH!, Lady Demon (or whatever the hell her name), and the many other statues of near-nude comic chicks. If Sideshow can make a buck off T&A and the artists like making those type of statues, they are going to do it. Personally, I think they are stupid and I don't want my kids to see them. I think Slave Leia is about the most 'riske' statue I own. But, like it or not, Sideshow makes alot of $$$ off T&A.

I actually do believe that the artists at Sideshow want to do something different and, at times, they will do that whether or not it is what the majority of fans want that. Maybe they made Aurra Sing because there are no other statues of her? I think they tried that with Marvel for awhile and I clearly remember two different Sideshow VIPs say, "We don't want to do statues that have already been made. That is boring and bored artists make bad work." Adam Hughes girlfriend told me in an arguement over Phoenix near the same thing. Look at where it got them with Marvel: lots of character products that didn't sell well and lots of pissed off fans. Now, Sideshow is "listening to the fans" and producing Marvel stuff fans actually have requested.

The Sideshow artists may want to do their own thing, but they need to remember, this is art for production/profit and when you are talking about $300+ statues, you want to make things alot of fans want.

...I just don't see how producing a "WHO" from the Star Wars universe as a high-end PF equates to cost cutting or playing it safe...Believe it or not, while maybe not to the masses Aurra Sing does have market appeal and I think making a PF of her speaks more to Sideshow taking a risk to appeal to a broader spectrum of Star Wars fans.
I think I understand what he is saying, make characters that not alot of people will go crazy about, and characters that won't compete with Luke, and more people will keep their order. I think Sideshow knows Luke is going to be the money ticket and they want to have as little cancellations as possible. Sideshow is damned if they do, damned if they don't when it comes to ES and the only way they will fix that is to implement some sort of cancellation fee which will piss people off as well.

thenammagazine
12-30-2009, 10:41 PM
Why would they want to do that? What I'm saying is that it makes sense for them to wait until the largest possible pool of buyers for their big hitters is available. Better that they release a character with limited appeal now and save something like C-3PO for when there are more people who can afford it. I'm not sure why you're taking offense at this suggestion -- it's good business sense, even if it doesn't make me happy personally.

For the record I have absolutely no problem with them occasionally releasing a character like this. What does concern me a little bit is that 3 of the last 10 PFs will be these kind of female EU characters, which seems like rather high ratio. Maybe it's just Darth Talon followed up so quickly by this that's making some of us uneasy, but I really don't want the Star Wars line to turn into something like what they have on the Marvel side -- one "hot" girl statue after another.

That I can agree with, though I don't really think that's the case here, just more of a coincidence.

wookielovin
12-30-2009, 11:01 PM
I dunno I think it will be a hard sell even to replicate what they are doing for marvel. As for marvel there using well known characters. Also some of the statues are doing things that relate to either the characters persona. Example she hulk or rouge. Emma and black queen just eye candy. hahaha..

Anyways i think it just comes down to licensing i think SS has to ask LFL if they can even attempt a certain character if LFL says "NO" there inst anything thing they can do. OR i think licensing is very high in price for key characters.

icruise
12-30-2009, 11:19 PM
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure they don't pay a different price depending on the character -- it's more of a "pay X amount of dollars per year (and maybe a percentage of sales?)" kind of thing. And while I could see LFL strongly suggesting that its licensees take advantage of Clone Wars characters, for example, it's not as if they just dictate what Sideshow can make. Sure, they have final approval about a lot of things, but it's not like they're going to say "sorry, you can't make a Chewbacca PF -- get to work on Aura Sing."

wookielovin
12-30-2009, 11:26 PM
Yeah i dunno.. either. but i could see LFL say yah! or nay!..Or what i think they do sometimes post random pictures of characters on a wall, a guy ways in blind folded after spinning 10X and throws a single dart.

ambasah
12-31-2009, 07:54 AM
Yeah i dunno.. either. but i could see LFL say yah! or nay!..Or what i think they do sometimes post random pictures of characters on a wall, a guy ways in blind folded after spinning 10X and throws a single dart.

lol! my guess is that lucas has complete control over what every company makes, from character selection to pose etc.

icruise
12-31-2009, 08:32 AM
They almost certainly have veto power over everything, but that's not the same thing as them sitting behind the scenes dictating every move that their licensees make.

wookielovin
12-31-2009, 09:20 AM
The next PF will be worth the wait, and its armored.. Woot!

Darth Madden
12-31-2009, 09:42 AM
lol! my guess is that lucas has complete control over what every company makes, from character selection to pose etc.

They almost certainly have veto power over everything, but that's not the same thing as them sitting behind the scenes dictating every move that their licensees make.

My guess would be that they "strongly suggest" what characters to make at certain times but I doubt they specificly dictate each and every one. Also I am sure LFL has a say in the pose and costuming as well since I remember there being some discussion for the Mace 12" and couple others where Sideshow said they were told by Lucas to change the looks.

thenammagazine
12-31-2009, 10:47 AM
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure they don't pay a different price depending on the character -- it's more of a "pay X amount of dollars per year (and maybe a percentage of sales?)" kind of thing. And while I could see LFL strongly suggesting that its licensees take advantage of Clone Wars characters, for example, it's not as if they just dictate what Sideshow can make. Sure, they have final approval about a lot of things, but it's not like they're going to say "sorry, you can't make a Chewbacca PF -- get to work on Aura Sing."

Two words: Stormtrooper Commander

I'm willing to bet that on occasion LFL does make "requests" for Sideshow to produce products. That figure was timed perfectly with the release of The Force Unleashed and as we all know from Indy, Sideshow's not very quick when it comes to capitalizing on hype from other aspects of a property.

Darklord Dave
12-31-2009, 04:36 PM

there isn't a lot of traditional business logic to releasing an admittedly low demand odd ball character, so SSC obviously has motives that are untraditional. IMO those motives include but not limited to: purposely selling an item with relative low demand so they can lay claim to producing "rare" items and purposely selling a low demand item to avoid massive cancellations because there QC has recently got to pot. I don't buy the excuse that they are bored with Darth Vader and Han Solo and other main characters from a design perspective...lol. Are they bored of Chewie or Greedo or Tarkin or Jango or a probe droid or snowtrooper or xwing pilot or zam wessel or sebulba or Padme Ep I or EI Obi-Wan or Naboo soldiers or countless other characters? Or are they just horny dorks looking to produce as many women in spandex as possible and they are starting to scrape the bottom of the barrell there?

I guess that was the down fall of the LOTR and Indy 1/6th lines. Not enough spandex.

You're working under false assumptions. There have not been massive cancellations because of isolated QC issues. There are a lot more SW fans than those that post here and I'm sure they'll have no problem selling this one out at whatever edition size they choose.

Fetunche
12-31-2009, 08:20 PM
Asajj is not an obscure character, in the clone wars she is one of the major villains and is no more obscure than Grievous or Dooku. We may have grown up with the OT but to the youngsters of today growing up watching the clone wars Asajj is a core character. Aurra Sing has appeared in comics, graphic novels, the clone wars cartoon. She was featured in the Coruscant Nights series of novels where she was hired by Vader and also the Legacy of the Force series of novels where she was eventually captured by Jacen Solo/Darth Cadeus.
I have a limited edition 12" Aurra in a boxset wth a book about the character and will be happy to add the pf to my collection.

OSCORP
12-31-2009, 11:08 PM
SS has one motive.

Taking your $, just like other company's (except they do it with the least amount of passable quality as they can)

thenammagazine
12-31-2009, 11:15 PM
Asajj is not an obscure character, in the clone wars she is one of the major villains and is no more obscure than Grievous or Dooku. We may have grown up with the OT but to the youngsters of today growing up watching the clone wars Asajj is a core character. Aurra Sing has appeared in comics, graphic novels, the clone wars cartoon. She was featured in the Coruscant Nights series of novels where she was hired by Vader and also the Legacy of the Force series of novels where she was eventually captured by Jacen Solo/Darth Cadeus.
I have a limited edition 12" Aurra in a boxset wth a book about the character and will be happy to add the pf to my collection.

Ventress, like Talon is more obscure when compared to the rest of the pieces as neither were featured in the sextet. While predominantly featured in EU sources and now the Clone Wars, it still doesn't change the fact that when compared to the other PF's Sideshow's released, they stand out as obscure releases. That by no means says they don't warrant being made, or are horrible choices, just that Sideshow was gracious enough to explore other avenues of the Star Wars universe than just the mainstream source that is the films.

ProgMatinee
12-31-2009, 11:17 PM
You're working under false assumptions. There have not been massive cancellations because of isolated QC issues. There are a lot more SW fans than those that post here and I'm sure they'll have no problem selling this one out at whatever edition size they choose.

i have zero doubts of that especially as it will be limited to about 1000 total units between the ex and the reg. If LFL licences my turd I'm sure we could sell that much of it. :lol

Puay
01-01-2010, 02:24 AM
...could be my first PF...:monkey4

darth dennis
01-01-2010, 07:07 AM
...could be my first PF...:monkey4

Good for you. I think that's one of the really cool things about Sideshow's selection and the Star Wars universe in general. There are people out there who consider these obscure characters among their favorites. Whether it's Aurra or Ephont Mon, the character only has a spot of screen time, yet captured someone's imagination.

Also (and I think it was mentioned earlier), this gives Sideshow an opportunity to continue the PF lineup without taxing their production with another high edition size product. It'd be tough to follow up Jedi Luke with another high demand product, followed again by the previously annouced C3PO. If you're not a fan of a piece, simply don't buy it, but there's someone out there completely stoked that SS decided to make their "favorite" character.

I'll probably get it, but will draw the line if they announce an "Ice Cream Man" PF... :rolleyes:

jkno
01-01-2010, 07:36 AM
I'll probably get it, but will draw the line if they announce an "Ice Cream Man" PF... :rolleyes:

I'm going to buy Wilrow Hood (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Willrow_Hood) especially if he really comes with an ice-cream machine that makes banana ice-cream :duh:monkey1

thenammagazine
01-01-2010, 11:05 AM
I'm going to buy Wilrow Hood (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Willrow_Hood) especially if he really comes with an ice-cream machine that makes banana ice-cream :duh:monkey1

That right there is pure Star Wars awesomeness! :rock:rock:rock

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/b/bb/Willrow-hood.jpg

Kibishii
01-01-2010, 01:45 PM
I think that's one of the really cool things about Sideshow's selection and the Star Wars universe in general. There are people out there who consider these obscure characters among their favorites. Whether it's Aurra or Ephont Mon, the character only has a spot of screen time, yet captured someone's imagination.

You know, that actually struck a nerve and brought a tear to my eye. :monkey2 In all seriousness, this is the truth. Great post and I had never thought of it that way.

tomandshell
01-01-2010, 03:06 PM
Although I won't be ordering this, I am interested in seeing photos. They always do a great job in this line and even if I'm not going to invest the money and display space in this character, I want this line to continue to be successful and profitable and so I want to see this piece do well. Looks like it will have one of the best bases yet for a Star Wars PF.

I would guess that with the recent direction the line is taking, Mara Jade and Aayla Secura won't be far behind. (I just wish they would start an official AH sexed up Star Wars maquette line so that the babe attention can be focused in the proper place.)

IrishJedi
01-01-2010, 04:58 PM
Yeah. So, the INDY PF line gets an amazing Mola Ram. The LOTR PF line gets an amazing Gandalf The Grey. And the SW PF line gets... this thing, on the heels of Jedi Luke with his Scooby Doo Mystery Machine Teenager Pose. Nice. :monkey1

Khev
01-01-2010, 05:57 PM
Don't forget Maleficent. Disney fans scored a really nice PF as well. And I have a feeling there may be one more highly desired PF announced for another line before the 12 Days are up.... :monkey3

SW fans really got the short end of the stick this time around. At least we know 3PO isn't too far down the road.

Deeznutz6
01-01-2010, 06:13 PM
Khev, you think its a Joe?

firefly2121
01-01-2010, 06:42 PM
Khev, you think its a Joe?

Well if SSC ever releases GI Joe PF's..Snake Eyes would rock, personally I rather have a 85' Firefly PF...

IrishJedi
01-01-2010, 08:04 PM
Well if SSC ever releases GI Joe PF's..Snake Eyes would rock, personally I rather have a 85' Firefly PF...

I'd like to have an '85 Firefly 12" figure, too. :lecture

Shai
01-02-2010, 12:23 AM
Wish you guys would be Marvel fans, you would be happier.

Side note ----> How comme good guy Nam is banned again ???

DLD's 5 warning ban rule = Fail.

Starkiller
01-02-2010, 12:35 AM
I'm torn on this announcement. part of me thinks it will look very cool and the other part is saying "WTF" so many more important and main characters still need to be done!?

Not sure if it will ever make my collection but I wanna see it.

Cloud
01-18-2010, 06:18 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v402/lovelymadness/SW%20Crap/AurraSing006.jpg
I probably won't be around when this comes out, but even if I am, I probably won't be able to afford it. :(

creature4000
01-18-2010, 06:24 AM
I probably won't be around when this comes out, but even if I am, I probably won't be able to afford it. :(

why won't you be around? Thats a cool collection right there.

Shropt
01-18-2010, 07:45 AM

Keep talking like that and I'll hunt you down and kick your ass.

The only way you'll win is to believe you'll win. Doctors don't know ____ about how long you have and all that. Trust me, I know.