The Accessories Rant

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloud

Super Freak
Reaction score
So I opened up my HT John Connor today. No sooner did I get all of his magazines on him did his teeny weeny headset fling off of him and fly off into the distance. It is now GONE. I've searched everywhere. How f'ing ridiculous is it to give him freaking TINY accessories that aren't attached to him? To make us clip his holster to his hip (I had to break off the piece that attaches, then slide it under with the help of tweezers, then glue it back together!).

I understand they try to go for realism but honestly! What is the point of all of the pockets for his magazines to come off of him? Why would we want him not to have them? Why do they come off so easily? I almost lost one of the explosive things on his other hip when I was putting them into their teeny tiny elastic bands.

I thought Hot Toys was supposed to be the shat! But what good is a toy when all of its little parts come off so easily and get lost? I am so uber peeved that his headset is MIA. I suppose I'll have to get a new one off of eBay when I have some money, thank goodness they're available.

So basically now I've got superglue on all of my fingers, and an awesome figure of John Connor that I can't look at because it frustrated me so badly putting all of his ridiculous accessories on him and losing one of them.

We open one gift on the night of Christmas Eve. I opened him because I was most excited to get him.

User error? Oh right, he just flung because of course I did it wrong. Because there's a certain way to slide tiny little straps under other straps and then insert tiny M-4 magazines into them.

I will concede that HT's 'magic tape' velcro sucks. However, once you get everything in place it usually stays there. The headset is already connected to his radio (if I remember right), which goes into one of the pockets in his belt. There's a lot of little items to place, but it shouldn't be too hard to keep track of.

Sorry that you lost yours, though. That sucks.

No, the headset was not connected to the radio. There was a place to connect it, but it just slid right back out. It was connected when he flung! Didn't stay that way!

EDIT: And okay, yeah. Maybe there was a little user error. I have awful tremors from my medications. It just seems to me they include these accessories so they can be displayed with/on the figure. So why are they so easily lost? If Hasbro makes good quality accessories that aren't so easily lost, maybe I WOULD prefer them.

What Hot Toys seems to think is that we need these little toys as realistic as possible. Realistic in real life, very handy. When you need to grab a magazine in the heat of battle and load your gun, it's handy to have them come out kind of easily. But John Connor ain't going into battle anytime soon. He's just going to sit on a shelf.

Last edited:
What Hot Toys seems to think is that we need these little toys as realistic as possible

yea that way they can charge us over $100 for the figure..cuz of all the details..

Okay, you people who seem to think you're better than me because you can put TOYS TOGETHER more easily are coming off as looking really pathetic. You're trying to give me ???? about Hasbro and Playmates? WHAT IS Hot Toys if not a SUPER detailed Ken doll that's over four times the price? THEY ARE ALL TOYS. Do they serve a purpose other than to pose and look at or even play with? NO. Are they any kind of classy items to own? NO. Are they cool dolls that you guys spend a lot of money to make shrines to? Yes.

I could put the REAL John Connor together better than most of you ???????s as I'm very good with military stuff. You can put a TOY together. Whoopee, aren't you awesome? You spend thousands of dollars on little dolls molded in the shape of Heath Ledger. Wow, EVILFACE. You sure are a stud. Sachiel, JStep, damn are you cool, 'cause you can put a doll together better than I can. King Darkness, what a f'ing badass, because you can insert tiny toy magazines into tiny toy pockets with no problem at all.

Honestly you guys, get a f'ing grip or get a life. Geeks.

just dip the figure in glue, pin him on a wall and play "darts" with all the accessories. It's what i do...all the time...I'm being sincere............I really do it........okay I'm Lying.

Maybe hold your breath to steady your hands, i dunno, sometimes works for me when I'm extra twitchy.

Nice comeback, moron. Owned your ass.

What you guys don't seem to understand is, on the geek meter, as avid, enthusiastic and obsessive toy collectors you are on the bottom wrung. It's actually sad how far up your own asses you are. I read your posts. I have to stifle myself often because I'm so incredulous at how lame you are with your passion for this stuff. This isn't so much a hobby as much as a religion to you guys. Hot Toys and Enterbay, your deities. Gorgeous shrines to your dolls on every wall.

Oh and jump to the defense of Hot Toys like the pathetic tools you are. A company that doesn't give two ????s about you.

Nice comeback, moron. Owned your ass.

What you guys don't seem to understand is, on the geek meter, as avid, enthusiastic and obsessive toy collectors you are on the bottom wrung. It's actually sad how far up your own asses you are. I read your posts. I have to stifle myself often because I'm so incredulous at how lame you are with your passion for this stuff. This isn't so much a hobby as much as a religion to you guys. Hot Toys and Enterbay, your deities. Gorgeous shrines to your dolls on every wall.

Oh and jump to the defense of Hot Toys like the pathetic tools you are. A company that doesn't give two ????s about you.

What is wrong with you lately ??? you used to be such a nice girl in all of your posts.Now everytime I read your comments you are bitter and angry...Fail.

What is wrong with you lately ??? you used to be such a nice girl in all of your posts.Now everytime I read your comments you are bitter and angry...Fail.
Well I don't exactly appreciate people who think they're better than I am because of such a mundane and stupid thing as putting a toy together. I don't think I should have to put up with that kind of bull????. Dumb ????s like King Darkness and EVILFACE deserve to be knocked down a few pegs.

And what is wrong with me lately? How about my cancer spreading further into my chest via my lymph nodes.:sick

No-one is thinking they are better than anyone they are simply making light of a harsh opening post.

I'm sorry you have an illness and things are going bad for you atm, but guess what, you're not the only one. Many of us have severe probs but don't make snyde comments or 'Rants' on the Forum about it.
The difference is most peeps come here to enjoy themselves, have a laugh and forget about the 'real world' for a little bit to talk about the collecting habits we all share.

So as this thread seems to be going nowhere other than back and forth I will lock it.
Merry Christmas Cloud.
x :peace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back