Calling all Canucks! Roll call!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want to know what the numbers of the Canadians are on this forum now.

1 for me!

Deuce..not that there is any advantage to being Canadian

Higher shipping, higher taxes, duties, the list goes on

Deuce..not that there is any advantage to being Canadian

Higher shipping, higher taxes, duties, the list goes on

:angrycanu

You need to live on the border... Maine P.O. Box and also a Maine shipping address will knock off those Canadian shipping blues. (and when it's someone you know personally on the border, well, those custom fees are somewhat forgotten... :naughty )

Captain Canuck Mod reporting.

I am Canadian but currently live in the US in A.

I wouldnt be able to collect exclusive Sideshow/Hot Toys if I still lived in Toronto.. F Canada Customs.

I am Canadian but currently live in the US in A.

I wouldnt be able to collect exclusive Sideshow/Hot Toys if I still lived in Toronto.. F Canada Customs.

I think you mean F Fedex, DHL and UPS. Canada Customs charges (In all of my experience) 5% GST and a $5 handling fee. Nothing different from what an American will pay.

Example: I once bought a $99 item from the MGM store, they shipped via DHL, I paid $35 in fees.

Example 2: I bought my 1:2 HCG Endo bust (valued at $700 from the States) via USPS/Canada Post and paid a total of $40 in fees.

DHL, Fedex and UPS charge their own "mafia" (they call it a brokerage fee :rolleyes:) fee ............... its beyond me why they still get away with it.

I think you mean F Fedex, DHL and UPS. Canada Customs charges (In all of my experience) 5% GST and a $5 handling fee. Nothing different from what an American will pay.

Example: I once bought a $99 item from the MGM store, they shipped via DHL, I paid $35 in fees.

Example 2: I bought my 1:2 HCG Endo bust (valued at $700 from the States) via USPS/Canada Post and paid a total of $40 in fees.

DHL, Fedex and UPS charge their own "mafia" (they call it a brokerage fee :rolleyes:) fee ............... its beyond me why they still get away with it.

I don't know if it always works that way though. I have been reamed via usps as well. Any cross-border purchases are a headache to be avoided.

Yea anything over 20$ in declared value gets taxed.. When I moved it was 15% gst/pst.

I used to work for Canada Post and dealt with the Customs people in person at times.

Worst experience would have been when I ordered a Zartan Gi Joe vintage EMPTY box (with the schitzo file card). I paid 5$, it was valued at 5$. It was opened by Canada Customs and valued at 60$ or something (they at times use ebay as a guide to value things they feel are undervalued).

I was forced to pay the duty and told I could file a complaint. I filed, and waited and waited. 5 or 6 months later I receive a letter in the mail saying they need additional proof, including my receipt of paying duty (I just paid the mail carrier at my front door in cash) etc.

Long story short I didn't get reimbursed.

I dont think Sideshow offers USPS shipping to Canada, so my point still stands.

You guys are weak. You live in the best country and all you can do is complain about shipping fees. Like all of us other Canadians don't. That's why I get exclusives locally now.

Shai and Eli ftw for not crying about shipping fees. This is a roll call, not cry your face off about shipping. Make your own thread about that.

You guys are weak. You live in the best country and all you can do is complain about shipping fees. Like all of us other Canadians don't. That's why I get exclusives locally now.

Shai and Eli ftw for not crying about shipping fees. This is a roll call, not cry your face off about shipping. Make your own thread about that.

jerk-pic.jpg

i'm in canada, at least i think i am still, with all the snow we've had the lines are gone to tell us were we are anymore and which side of the border we are on.:monkey3

oh yeah STFU Eli, shipping sucks and i'll complain about it anytime i want.:D
i just don't feel like it right now.:monkey1:D

Back