EPIII Darth Sidious or EPVI Emperor Palpatine for 1/4 PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EPIII Sidious or EPIV Emperor for 1/4 PF?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mini-Rock

Super Freak
Reaction score
Ok, here's another that I thought I'd run across you guys and gals! What one would you prefer as a 1/4 PF statue? EPIII Sidious or EPVI Emperor?

After seeing what they did with Dr. Doom, I am hoping they give us a Palpatine seated on his ROTJ throne. That would make it a really unique piece in the line, and fit with the emphasis (so far) on classic representations of the characters in the 1/4 scale series.

As much as I enjoyed seeing Palpatine doing backflips and fighting Yoda in Episode III, I still think that his appearance in ROTJ is the most iconic representation of the character--sitting back and tempting/seducing others rather than jumping around taking matters into his own hands.

tomandshell said:
After seeing what they did with Dr. Doom, I am hoping they give us a Palpatine seated on his ROTJ throne. That would make it a really unique piece in the line, and fit with the emphasis (so far) on classic representations of the characters in the 1/4 scale series.

As much as I would love to see that, I doubt Lucasfilm would allow a statue so similar in appearance to the Attakus one. Lucas tends to force companies to create a unique pose for each of their products.

There are 2 recent examples of this: Attakus was not allowed to release the Biker Scout on Speeder because GG also had one planned. Also, the Attakus Vader II was planned to have a pose from ESB similar to the GG one. Lucas axed both of those ideas. I'm sure there are others that we don't know about, but Attakus is really the only company that releases info on their prototypes.

With the above in mind, I would love a Sidious in Maroon robe from Episode III. The costumes from the prequel trilogy are elegant and beautiful as evidenced in "Dressing A Galaxy." I think the PF is the perfect medium to show them off in.

If it is possible to have the Emperor on his throne from ROTJ, then I would prefer that incarnation. If Palpatine is made on his throne, then PLEASE give us some Royal Guards to go with him. I've wanted to get 2 of them to flank the Emperor's throne in Premium Format for a long time.

elwood49 said:
As much as I would love to see that, I doubt Lucasfilm would allow a statue so similar in appearance to the Attakus one. Lucas tends to force companies to create a unique pose for each of their products.

Aw, shipoopi!!

Excuse me, but why the F--- would Lucas do something like that? He thinks selling two similar items would hurt sales?? All of these products have extremely limited production runs and all of them sell out. So why is he so concerned about two different companies making similar poses???

Never understood why Attakus didn't include Luke's saber...but
I can't remember who, either Gruson or Witchking convinced me
to buy the Attakus Emperor...have never regretted it.

I'm sure you noticed in the Prequals he sits in a chair very similar
to the ROTJ throne minus the "top canopy" and a few other items ...

I agree that it would be very kickass to get an Episode VI Emperor in his chair, as that is of course the most iconic version of the character. But, if not in that pose... the only version to be cool would be Ep III Sidious maybe with a Mustafar base... or maybe a senate chamber base. I would buy either one... EVIL!!!

If SS were to make a 1/4 EPVI Emperor, I wouldn't want him seated. The Attakus Emperor in chair already covers this and it is a fine piece. Personally, I'd like to see him with his cane in hand.

I voted for EPIII Sidious though, mostly because of what El pointed out about the outfits. I'd love to see him in either his robes when he battles Yoda, or in his Chancellor outfit (red) from when he battles Mace and the gang. I'll take either...pre or post face job.

The robes on Sidious in RotS are fancier and he's uglier I think - so that's the one I'd go with.

As my favorite Star Wars character, Palpatine will be the first (possibly only) PF figure I ever buy. I'm really hoping for a few good 12" and a throne to go with them, though.

If I had to choose a pose for the PF, I think I'd pick VI, standing with his cane in one hand, and the other hand in a beckoning position on a base that looked like the floor of the shuttle bay. "Rise, my friend."

Extra pointage if you can lift up his sleeve to see his lightsaber hilt strapped to his shriveled arm! :joy

I had to vote neither because its 1/6 scale or nothing for me :D Besides an Emperor in his throne in 1/6 is better because he can actually change positions! 1/4 scales are just statues with clothes :rolleyes:

I don't give a rat's backside if Attakus has made a seated ROTJ Palpatine, I don't collect their stuff. As for Lucas not allowing similar poses, I'm sure Sideshow could get around that somehow. I know I've seen more than one piece of merchandise featuring the Emperor parked in his chair.

Customikey said:
If I had to choose a pose for the PF, I think I'd pick VI, standing with his cane in one hand, and the other hand in a beckoning position on a base that looked like the floor of the shuttle bay. "Rise, my friend."

Good call. That's the scene I thought about too. An EPVI Emperor would need to have his cane in hand.

TheObsoleteMan said:
I know I've seen more than one piece of merchandise featuring the Emperor parked in his chair.

Name one. Toys are a completely different market, so they don't count.

In fact, I'll even go one better and ask you to name ANY 2 Star Wars high-end pieces that have the same pose.

It really makes sense if you think about it. Do you want to see a GG Emperor on throne, a SS Emperor on throne, an Attakus Emperor on Throne, maybe a future Cinemaquette Emperor on throne?..... If there is no variety, then no one will cross the various lines to purchase the different products. The fact that I've nearly bought the Attakus Emperor so many times tells me that the strategy is effective.

Lucas approves all of the poses for the various pieces. I'm sure someone from SS can chime in with the exact procedure.

elwood49 said:
Name one. Toys are a completely different market, so they don't count.

In fact, I'll even go one better and ask you to name ANY 2 Star Wars high-end pieces that have the same pose.

It really makes sense if you think about it. Do you want to see a GG Emperor on throne, a SS Emperor on throne, an Attakus Emperor on Throne, maybe a future Cinemaquette Emperor on throne?..... If there is no variety, then no one will cross the various lines to purchase the different products. The fact that I've nearly bought the Attakus Emperor so many times tells me that the strategy is effective.

Lucas approves all of the poses for the various pieces. I'm sure someone from SS can chime in with the exact procedure.
I'm no expert on statues, so I'll just take your word for it.

seeing as i already have the attakus i voted for the episode III version with the yoda battle robes.

----although i would also love to see SS produce a VI version in the throne because the Dr Doom is amazing and i know SS's would blow the attakus away!!!

Back