X-men First Class (Singer is back)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bleeh. X-Men 3 ended with such cliff hangers. I would've like to see some closure on that instead.

With Cyclops, Prof. X and Jean dead; there isn't much point to calling a sequel "X-Men". The whole thing needs a reboot, and sans Wolverine to boot.

I agree with what FQR says. Ideally, this would be the original X-Men--Beast, Angel, Cyclops, Iceman, and Jean Grey. Obviously, that would run completely counter to the existing movie storyline, but so what? Those movies turned so bad after X2 in my opinion, that they might as well start from scratch.

Do take a break from Wolverine, I say. We've basically had 4 films focused on him already.

Give me the original team, make it completely different continuity to the other X flicks but KEEP Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen. Those two were so pitch perfect it's insane. Oh, and do NOT, DO NOT, set it in the modern day.

Give me the original team, make it completely different continuity to the other X flicks but KEEP Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen. Those two were so pitch perfect it's insane. Oh, and do NOT, DO NOT, set it in the modern day.

:lecture This. Just take it easy on the CG wrinkle cream.

They should use this as an opportunity to reboot the whole franchise. Start off with 5 original teenage X-Men, no tie to the previous movies and forget about trying to throw in 50 cameos.

With Cyclops, Prof. X and Jean dead; there isn't much point to calling a sequel "X-Men". The whole thing needs a reboot, and sans Wolverine to boot.
Ehh, hasn't stopped comics from bringing dead characters back before. We don't actually know that Scott is dead and hell Jean Gray came back from the dead for the last movie.

They should use this as an opportunity to reboot the whole franchise. Start off with 5 original teenage X-Men, no tie to the previous movies and forget about trying to throw in 50 cameos.

Best thing they could do is adapt the first comic. Hell, maybe not even SHOW the original team until half way though the movie. And KEEP it just the original team for maybe the first two flicks. Allow them to grow as a team and develop as characters.

X2 was good, X1 just okay. They really just need to revamp the franchise as it can't go forward (X3 killed that!) and they can only turn out so many Prequels.

Regarless, it'll be interesting to see where this goes. I assume the team will be Beast, Cyke, Jean, and Storm. Possibly Banshee or even Gambit, but then he was adult in W:O so I'd doubt that.

I think they could easily make this part of the previous franchise. As someone else said, using the characters that were teachers in the previous movies as students makes sense. X3 easily puts Beast as an original student as well.

I also think the movie could be great as a completely seperate entity focusing on the same first students from the comics. So I guess I'm pretty much cool either way.

I'm guessing I'm in the minority, but I hated the X-Men movies. I thought X-3 was a logical progression from the first two. It was where they had to end up.

I would love to see a complete revamp.

Great news! I loved the first two, especially #2. And being a life-long X-Men fan, I was relieved and excited by what Singer did. #3 however was horrible.

And as far a #3 needing closure?
Spoiler Spoiler:

Great news! I loved the first two, especially #2. And being a life-long X-Men fan, I was relieved and excited by what Singer did. #3 however was horrible.

And as far a #3 needing closure?
Spoiler Spoiler:
I agree with your spoiler.

Back