It's Elvis!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Links not working Ween. Post the pic if you still have it.

Being she's a big Elvis fan, that could work for and against you. There's heaps of product available but whatever you choose, she might already have it.

Lots of merchandise for Elvis is cheesy, but I don't think fans big on Elvis mind all that much. It's not a spot on likeness, but unless you are into collectibles in the way we are, I don't think your friend will mind. They get off on his memory, and this reminder gives in spades. It will not only remind her of Elvis, but also of the day she retired from the workforce, and particularly of your thoughtfulness. It's a reasonable price, so I say get it.

YO!! That is creepy!! I think maybe she'll like it.....they did a good job with the sculpt.....but it still doesn't really look like him! U should get it for her!!

That was actually on amazon's lightning deal this past week. I forget how much they had it for then though. I have the king's Christmas CD in my car at the moment :whip

That was actually on amazon's lightning deal this past week. I forget how much they had it for then though. I have the king's Christmas CD in my car at the moment :whip

I probably would've gotten it for her then. I miss those deals most days, and eBay's too. I can get an email for their deal of the day, click on it, and it's already sold out. :(

I'm still undecided. She mostly just has clothes and other things with his picture on it and a few dolls. This might be alittle over the top. I'd just like to get her something different.

Looks about as realistic as those crappy animatronic presidents they used to have at Disney World.

The sculpt is a crappy animatronic because it is a crappy animatronic. Well really, the sculpt isn't that bad. I've seen worse, add to the fact you can turn the animatronics off and "The robot offers four primary modes: Alive mode, which animates Elvis, tracks movements, and makes the occasional famous Elvis remark; Song mode, in which Elvis sings eight of his best-loved songs, including "That's All Right," "Hound Dog," "Heartbreak Hotel," "Love Me Tender," "Jailhouse Rock," "Blue Suede Shoes," "Trouble," and "Baby What You Want Me to Do."; Monologue mode, where Elvis describes his life and times; and Sing Through mode, which lets you sing along with Elvis or turn his vocals down and sing over the top."

I'm still undecided. She mostly just has clothes and other things with his picture on it and a few dolls. This might be alittle over the top. I'd just like to get her something different.
Elvis was over the top. I think she'll enjoy it. Can't be any worse than some of the dolls she has. Which ones has she got? The Barbies had good costumes, even though the likeness wasn't spot on.

The sculpt is a crappy animatronic because it is a crappy animatronic. Well really, the sculpt isn't that bad.
Despite my use of the word "crappy," I am actually pretty impressed that something like this can be bought for that price. I think it is creepy and weird (and, yes, crappy looking to some extent), but to get something that looks just like the Disney animatronics isn't too bad for < $80 shipped. . .if you are into that sort of thing. This probably would have costed $5,000 or more in the 70s.

I reckon the animatronics will be crappy, but you can turn it off if you choose, and on for a laugh. With all the features for the money, it ought to make an excellent present for a fan, rather than a collector.

The sculpt is a crappy animatronic because it is a crappy animatronic. Well really, the sculpt isn't that bad. I've seen worse, add to the fact you can turn the animatronics off and "The robot offers four primary modes: Alive mode, which animates Elvis, tracks movements, and makes the occasional famous Elvis remark; Song mode, in which Elvis sings eight of his best-loved songs, including "That's All Right," "Hound Dog," "Heartbreak Hotel," "Love Me Tender," "Jailhouse Rock," "Blue Suede Shoes," "Trouble," and "Baby What You Want Me to Do."; Monologue mode, where Elvis describes his life and times; and Sing Through mode, which lets you sing along with Elvis or turn his vocals down and sing over the top."

Elvis was over the top. I think she'll enjoy it. Can't be any worse than some of the dolls she has. Which ones has she got? The Barbies had good costumes, even though the likeness wasn't spot on.

I don't know which ones she has. Most everything she has were gifted to her so I know she doesn't have anything high end. It's really too bad the PF isn't cheaper, even with a gift card, cause I'd get her that. I've got till June to decide.

I bought one of these for my Mom. I got it on clearance for around $40 at Wal-Mart. It's pretty neat.

Back