For Danny --

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What did you think Rumi? Josh was just telling me all about it. Said it's his new favorite story of all time and something about a petition to get Sideshow to pick up the license. He really wants SS to make a 1/4 Premium Format of this......

122390714.jpg

Just messing with you Josh. :wacky

TheWitchKing said:
What did you think Rumi? Josh was just telling me all about it. Said it's his new favorite story of all time and something about a petition to get Sideshow to pick up the license. He really wants SS to make a 1/4 Premium Format of this......

122390714.jpg

Just messing with you Josh. :wacky

U Suck:wacky

Personally, I am not interested in this movie because I hate romance movies.
What's people's problem?......Let's face it when one say's "people" really we mean "men".
The problem I feel, is not so much the unwarranted need to espouse homophobic diatribe's in of itself.
But why the need to do so, in this case, watching "BBM". What guys are really saying is I don't want to watch this explicative movie because I might enjoy it, and that in turn might bring into question thier own sexuality.
As if one has anything to do with the other, listen..... it doesn't equate.
And for those that call into question in without wanting to appear homophobic that "BBM" promotes marital breakup or adultery.
Hmm?, let me ask did the people watch films like:

American Beauty
Unfaithful
Derailed
We Don't Live Here Anymore
Match Point
Now, Voyager (1942, Bette Davis), etc.

Bottomline the homophobia that exists in the todays society are fears predicated by the probability of liking such a themed film as Broke Back Mountain and then having to explain themselves.

Surely film celluloid & cinema was created for this very fact.....to break down peoples barriers & prejudice to other peoples race, religion or sexuality

PEACE! :peace

Personally, I am not interested in this movie because I hate romance movies.
What's people's problem?......Let's face it when one say's "people" really we mean "men".
The problem I feel, is not so much the unwarranted need to espouse homophobic diatribe's in of itself.
But why the need to do so, in this case, watching "BBM". What guys are really saying is I don't want to watch this explicative movie because I might enjoy it, and that in turn might bring into question thier own sexuality.
As if one has anything to do with the other, listen..... it doesn't equate.
And for those that call into question in without wanting to appear homophobic that "BBM" promotes marital breakup or adultery.
Hmm?, let me ask did the people watch films like:

American Beauty
Unfaithful
Derailed
We Don't Live Here Anymore
Match Point
Now, Voyager (1942, Bette Davis), etc.

Bottomline the homophobia that exists in the todays society are fears predicated by the probability of liking such a themed film as Broke Back Mountain and then having to explain themselves.

Surely film celluloid & cinema was created for this very fact.....to break down peoples barriers & prejudice to other peoples race, religion or sexuality

PEACE!
Yesterday 11:36 PM

Oh my! I only posted this because he and I had mentioned it in chat a few days ago. I (and others) discuss movies' merits all the time and this was just one more movie that came up -- Good Night and Good Luck, Munich, etc. were all mentioned. Never suspected that it would be taken as anything less or more than just a personal post. I will avoid doing same in future.

I go to movies -- ALL movies -- on no preconceived personal notions. I may be influenced to go to a theater or wait until DVD rental (or worse yet, HBO viewing) based on the trailer, but NOT because I have any personal issues with subject matter. I even went to see The Passion of the Christ because it showed some potential in the trailers as a decent movie with solid production values.

It is truly unfortunate that the "homophobic" label has reared its ugly head. I had purposely avoided giving my impressions of it rather than start any potential flames over sexuality issues.

And with utmost respect, to dismiss this movie as a mere "romance" movie is unfortunate as well. :peace back to you.

"Brokeback Mountain" is not just a movie. It's also what Chuck Norris calls the pile of dead ninjas in his front yard.

I dont get to see many, I mean any films, but I have seen a picture of Nanny McPhee on the telly, and it made me question my sexuality, but only until the ads were over.

Bodie, dont think and stink. Why would you ask questions with that babe by your side?

Danny, you da man. Where are you? Are you still partying? I still don't understand what this thread is all about. Got any clues?

I won't see Nanny McPhee, because she's so repulsively ugly. Unfortuate too,
as I've heard that the movie wasn't bad, but I she just looks hideous!
Sideshow - Please don't make a 1/4 scale PF Nanny McPhee! :yuck

Question to Ponder: What if Brokeback Mountain was made with two super-hot
females instead of the two fellows? Would be a totally different story methinks
as far as male attendance and box office booty. (pun very much intended) ;) :naughty :wacky

Selma Hayek and Catherine Zeta Jones for instance........... :drool :drool :drool :drool

JS :D

Back