Hot Toys DX-01 Joker, Goemon Saizo and Chacha reviews

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
It’s an all Hot Toys night with reviews from myself and Jeff Parker! First up is my review of a figure I’ve been anticipating for weeks – the DX-01 Joker from Hot Toys. Originally, I planned to review both the ‘grenade’ version and the ‘cop’ version at one time, but after getting them out that changed. There’s so much awesome sauce here that it deserves to be spread over two reviews, so tonight I’m starting with the grenade Joker. And yes, he’s smokin’ hot.

Jeff is looking at two more Hot Toys Goemon figures – Chacha and Saizo. You can find all the reviews at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading!

Michael
MWC

Great review as always. I love your reviews btw.

on another note...
Has anyone seen the Goemon movie? I can't find it anywhere.

Great reviews guys. Honestly, you two are an amazing double act. Keep it up...

...and i never get tired of Jeffs' use of the word 'observe' in every other paragraph. Always brings a smile to my face! lol

Last edited:
It's funny that you mention you were blown away by the original Joker head sculpt. We look at it now, and it looks terrible. I remember thinking it was amazing, and it wasn't until the Bank Robber sculpt was revealed that I realized how off the original sculpt was. It still looks great, just nothing like Ledger's Joker.

My DX arrived today, and quite honestly, I'm nervous to open it. There's just something about it that scares me. It's like I'm about to open the Ark of the Covenant, it's something so amazing and awe-inspiring that it will quite literally melt my face off.

My DX arrived today, and quite honestly, I'm nervous to open it. There's just something about it that scares me. It's like I'm about to open the Ark of the Covenant, it's something so amazing and awe-inspiring that it will quite literally melt my face off.

It will skip the melting and just blow you away!

right on, guys. great review. best 1/6th figure i own i think. better than most of the stautues i own as well. :lol. absolutely gorgeous figure. packagaing is great and i could normally care less about it. it feels more like a presentation as you open it up, etc.

It's funny that you mention you were blown away by the original Joker head sculpt. We look at it now, and it looks terrible. I remember thinking it was amazing, and it wasn't until the Bank Robber sculpt was revealed that I realized how off the original sculpt was. It still looks great, just nothing like Ledger's Joker.

i don't think the original joker sculpt is terrible at all. not ledger but i still like the portrait. no way is it 'terrible' though...imo.

Great lowdown and pics Mike, but 'rat basterd'!!!

I'm a public servant...sob.

But hey, wasn't he worth the wait, what a figure.

And Wanderer, I hate to overuse words... damn you've made me all self concious now I'll have to observe my over use...(rushes to online Thesaurus) sorry perceive, pick up on, read, recognize, regard, scrutinize, spot, spy, study, survey, take in my overuse of certain words!

EDIT

I just noticed some type has dropped off in the transfer on my 'Goemon' review, 'under sculpting' it should read-

First we had Kojun’s work on Goemon and now we have Yulli bringing us Saizo, with Hiroki Hayashi sculpting Chacha.

Last edited:
And Wanderer, I hate to overuse words... damn you've made me all self concious now I'll have to observe my over use...(rushes to online Thesaurus) sorry perceive, pick up on, read, recognize, regard, scrutinize, spot, spy, study, survey, take in my overuse of certain words!

:rotfl:rotfl Dont you dare change. I was only kidding! :D You've got exceptional writing skills there (so I've observed!) and for figures that are usually off my typical collecting themes, i always defer to your review until i buy or not!
Nash

Has anyone seen the Goemon movie? I can't find it anywhere.

eBay has copies with english subtitles popping up now - I have one on my way until a more "official" copy is released by WB.

Hopefully they'll put this on Region 1 BD...and I'm still waiting for casherrn on BD too!

eBay has copies with english subtitles popping up now - I have one on my way until a more "official" copy is released by WB.

Hopefully they'll put this on Region 1 BD...and I'm still waiting for casherrn on BD too!

I was hoping to pick the DVD up for Christmas... sigh!

Wasn't planning on getting this even after reading you great review. When amazon had it up for $135 shipped and no tax I bit. Anxiously waiting for it.

Michael, the mention of the shoes having a better sculpt kept nagging at me. I don't have the DX in hand, but I looked at your pics and the v1 Joker outfit. The sculpt looks the same, but the paint looks different. The original are a dull dark greenish/brown. I don't know what they look like inhand, but in your pics they look shiny copperish/brown.

Back