Anyone else fed up?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xenofreak

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Bought this statue when first released and arrived with broken ponytail and claws. Got a replacement, but ended up selling it to a member here. I just ordered it again and guess how it arrived today:

vega212-07-09.jpg

vega12-07-09.jpg

God damn it, I am so pissed off. I'm really getting fed up of this ????. :mad: In just the last month or so, I have received at least 4 damaged/defective pieces.

Dead specimen busts with bubble on the Lobotomy bust, Cammy statue with broken ponytail and leg unglued from the body, Lord of Darkness LSB with paint falling off everywhere, and now this Vega today with broken ponytail. Sideshow/sellers have been cooperative in the return/replacement process, but it is really becoming a big hassle. :mad: Someone said in the paint flaking thread that getting a new piece isn't even fun to him anymore because he is more concerned about what will be wrong with it. That is exactly how I am starting to feel. :devil I also received my Dead specimen replacement busts today, but didn't open because I was so pissed off when I saw the Vega. :mad: Sorry for the rant.

lobotomy2-1.jpg

lobotomy4.jpg

darkness1.jpg

cammyleg.jpg

Wow, man that sucks! I know exactly how you fell though as I went through a rough patch where I got about 3 statues in a row that came broken. You know what though? after about a month of cooling of I was more determined than ever to get those pieces that had arrived broken. Good luck though I hope you're luck changes though.

I love Sideshow as we all do but this crap lately is sketchy. They're better than that. Step it up, there are alot of unhappy customers.

Doesn't matter,the people from all the forums here and statue forum probably make out 10% or less of Sideshow sales.

Why SideShow would listen to us ?

My Galactus came with a defect(or it broke during transit!) and I'm still pissed about it! I had to send it back for an exchange but the seller hasn't e-mailed me yet....wonder what's taking long.

I will be if the rumors are true about the Hellboy PF .... :mad::mad::mad::mad: :banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead

Very close to my threshhold!!!! :banghead

1) Paint flaking

2) Edition sizes becoming meaningless - either because they up them after the fact; or don't place one at all

3) Ordering fiascos - servers crashing, or items being cancelled, i.e. the Hellboy PF, Sideshow Original coupons not being honored, etc

With my money being a bit more tight than before, I am considering just calling it quits. :banghead I will stay in it for the LOTR PFs and Dinosauria lines, and bail on the rest.

The cammy and vega are not made by Sideshow, but by PopCultureShock, to be clear so all eggs are not tossed into a single basket. However, that being said it is still unacceptable. Sorry to hear about that.

In general, there needs to be better QC out there. As a QC myself it baffles me how any properly trained QC can let certain things go through:confused:

I've had a bit of a bad run with 1/6 figures recently... but not sure if its a trend, or just mine time to take lumps. But luckily as things were bought from Sideshow (some HT some Sideshow) I've had good success with getting issues resolved quickly.

Hopefully you are just having a bad run, but at least you will not loose money if you have to return the items.

In all fairness to SS, not all these pieces were bought directly from or manufactored by them.

I have had no problems with SS or other sellers while dealing with the return process.

It's just that all this takes the fun out of collecting. Have the Darkness in my car now to drop off at UPS tonight and I just printed out the UPS return label to return the Vega tomorrow. I feels like I am running a collectibles business!

Back