Their will be no ES for 1:2 Iron man, thoughts?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Atheris

Super Freak
Reaction score
This was my question I sent on ask SS, answered Dec 4th :

?I’ve been on the fence about getting your 1:2 scale Iron Man maquette for a while now. I’ve been waiting for an Edition size since its release, which may help me in making a decision to place an order. Do you have plans to announce an ES for this piece soon?

No, we don’t intend to close the edition size soon, and it is possible that we may keep it as an open edition. If we do close the edition and finalize the edition size, it is likely to happen after the first of the 1:2 Scale Iron Man Mk 3 Maquettes has been shipped. For that reason, we won’t be individually numbering these pieces out of a specific edition run. We hope this clarification doesn’t deter you from ordering the 1:2 Scale Iron Man, but we don’t believe that this is a piece that should be ordered on the basis of an edition size. This is a special project and a piece that we regard with the utmost pride and respect. It’s a statement piece, meant for fine art collectors and the most dedicated Iron Man fans. It will not be available forever, but we do want to give Iron Man fans time to make a decision about this piece - it is certainly a big one.

I'll be honest, this kind of buggs me. A $2000 ($2500 to me, im in Canada) piece and theirs nothing exlusive about it. I feel like im buying a car off an assembly line. How can a piece as large and expensive as this not be numberd. IMO, SS is losing money on this piece since its not selling out like they probably predicted. They will keep the ES open like they said until they break even on the money invested to develop it. I dont feel any scense of urgency to get this piece anymore, especially knowing 20 guys down the street from me could have the same thing. At 2k with no ES I think its over priced....
I would hope it comes with SOMETHING for that kind of money...like having them signed by Jon Favreau or something. Anything is better then getting a cookie cutter piece.
What are your thoughts?

Chris

meh, ES doesnt matter much to me. Just means the cost will probably go down eventually which means I can pick it up down the road, probably for 25% off MSRP...

you spend 2000 dollars for a maquette with no es...bad move again ss..

I never planned on getting this to begin with. Too much $ for me. I'm certainly not now after recent events in addition to the iron-man curse on SS items. If I was planning on it, this open ES news wouldn't make me happy.

They know that only a handful of people are going to order this... So saying the ES is 25 or so seems to be a mute point. They will make as many as people can afford it.

As much as I love Iron Man I just can't afford this one.

And no ES for this thing doesn't matter much to me. With this current economy, there aren't going to be 20 people in your neighborhood with this statue sitting in their house, so I think you all can rest easy as I'm sure it'll still be an exclusive piece in the future.

As much as I love Iron Man I just can't afford this one.

And no ES for this thing doesn't matter much to me. With this current economy, there aren't going to be 20 people in your neighborhood with this statue sitting in their house, so I think you all can rest easy as I'm sure it'll still be an exclusive piece in the future.

yeah,but some have reward points..so they can have a good discount...i believe at least 100 people will buy this one..

So all they have to do is make up a number and everyone will be happy? I'm sure not more than a few hundred will afford to buy it, so if it makes you feel better, just imagine an edition size of 200. I bet the real edition will be much smaller.

I believe SSC wants to keep this open because they don't want to sell them selves short, nor do they want to produce more than what will sell.

So all they have to do is make up a number and everyone will be happy? I'm sure not more than a few hundred will afford to buy it, so if it makes you feel better, just imagine an edition size of 200. I bet the real edition will be much smaller.

I believe SSC wants to keep this open because they don't want to sell them selves short, nor do they want to produce more than what will sell.

i betcha if they only sold 100 and they put the ES at 200 they would sell the last 100 immediately. of course another reason they don't want to affix an ES is so that they can AGAIN increase it if need be for when the next movies come out...

Its unfortunate, I have been looking forward to orderding this since July. Pretty much every collectible I own is numbered, even the non SS stuff. I believe these may become numbered at some point...SS will do what they did with the 1:1 bust (Mark II) and darkness LSB (black edition). They will add some kind of mondification and then throw a very small ES on it like 100 or so. Then of course it will sell out in a matter of minutes. This is assuming this piece NEVER has any paint issues. If first reports of this thing come in with flaking paint or anything near what the 1:1 bust was this thing will NEVER sell.

The 1:2 T-800 is numbered.....cinemaquette's are numbered....MY HOUSE IS NUMBERED! Something of this scale has to be numbered, or else what is the incentive? What makes it collectible?...I dont buy that response SS.

Chris

every collectible must be numbered...even cars are numbered!!:horror:horror

Its unfortunate, I have been looking forward to orderding this since July. Pretty much every collectible I own is numbered, even the non SS stuff. I believe these may become numbered at some point...SS will do what they did with the 1:1 bust (Mark II) and darkness LSB (black edition). They will add some kind of mondification and then throw a very small ES on it like 100 or so. Then of course it will sell out in a matter of minutes. This is assuming this piece NEVER has any paint issues. If first reports of this thing come in with flaking paint or anything near what the 1:1 bust was this thing will NEVER sell.

The 1:2 T-800 is numbered.....cinemaquette's are numbered....MY HOUSE IS NUMBERED! Something of this scale has to be numbered, or else what is the incentive? What makes it collectible?...I dont buy that response SS.

Chris

The prototype already has terrible orange peel in the paint. If the proto is bad, there is no way I'd even consider buying it. The paint is horrible. It's low grade automotive quality, not even medium grade automotive quality, and CERTAINLY not high end collectible quality. I would be shocked if they ever made more than 300. Most likely between 125 and 140 or so. The only way I'd buy one is if I repainted it, and there is no way I'd pay $2,000 for something I'd have to repaint myself. Might as well sell it as a kit for $200 and let the customer paint it.
The fact is that I could paint it better than that, using SPRAY CANS. Of course, I have experience painting.

Last edited:
Back