Monk

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

villainsfan42

Super Freak
Reaction score
i dont know if adrian monk already has a thread on this board, so i thought i'd start this

i had watched the earlier monks, and loved it, then i got tired of it a few seasons ago, when it went really downhill.

tonight was the season finale, and i decided to watch it, and i have to say, that the sudden solution to trudy's case was just ridiculous. i was seriously disappointed by the finale...am i alone here?

I never liked the show but heard about the ending sometime back and I can understand how it would be a disappointment to Monk fans.

Monk was a great show but went on a few seasons too many. Some of the later episodes were just cringe inducing.

The finale was okay, but it did seem a bit too convenient how it was all explained by a video. I actually liked Randy's ending better.

ive watched monk every season and though some episodes have been eh, ive always found it to be well done. the final episode did however seem a bit hurried. still its nice to have closure.

Monk was a great show but went on a few seasons too many. Some of the later episodes were just cringe inducing.

The finale was okay, but it did seem a bit too convenient how it was all explained by a video. I actually liked Randy's ending better.

agreed. i completely stopped watching the last few seasons, because the writing quality went downhill, and sharona>>>natalie

and i agree, i thought the ending for randy was interesting. monks end was just kinda wtf?

agreed. i completely stopped watching the last few seasons, because the writing quality went downhill, and sharona>>>natalie

and i agree, i thought the ending for randy was interesting. monks end was just kinda wtf?

I wouldn't say all the later episodes were bad, there were a few good ones. The seasons just weren't as consistent as the earlier ones. It also seemed like Monk was becoming more self-centered and mean instead of quirky.

And I like Natalie. :D

I enjoyed every season of Monk. Granted, you could argue that it went on a little bit too long, those seasons were still good.

I thought the ending was great. With the video tape in a present that was shown throughout the show, I liked that part. Kinda glad they showed Trudy not to be perfect, to show her be human, not the way Monk idolized her.

I did love the ending, with Trudy's daughter acting like her mother in making Monk somewhat normal.

I enjoyed every season of Monk. Granted, you could argue that it went on a little bit too long, those seasons were still good.

I thought the ending was great. With the video tape in a present that was shown throughout the show, I liked that part. Kinda glad they showed Trudy not to be perfect, to show her be human, not the way Monk idolized her.

I did love the ending, with Trudy's daughter acting like her mother in making Monk somewhat normal.

:lecture I thought they ended it with class. the show was always one I enjoyed and it never dissapointed. I really liked trudy's story and how they wrapped up everyones little storylines.

I thought the ending was fine. I've also been watching for a while and I completely prefer Natalie over Sharona. As a matter of fact, I think I only started watching Monk regularly when Natalie came on board. The resolution of the Trudy case wasn't very good. Most of the mysteries were fluffy throughout the run, but ultimately it was the characters that I tuned in for, not clever twists. I'm surprised Monk's daughter didn't run away screaming from a creepy, unstable middle-aged man who seemed to be smothering her since their reunion! But it was nice that she set him straight and got him to live his life. As it has been noted, it was nice to get closure and see that Monk's life will go on. I was almost expecting Monk to work with the Captain once Randy left. When Monk had gotten his badge back, they showed how hard it was for him to work with anyone except Stottlemeyer, so I thought the natural thing was to have Monk work as his partner especially since the position was now open. Otherwise Randy leaving seemed a little pointless. I guess they just wanted to show that Sharona would be taken care of. I expect there to be some Monk "movie events" in the years ahead.

It was definitely a bit too convenient given the glimpses we've seen over the years. There was the really big guy that's in prison in bed that Trudy had been investigating, and the "six-fingered man." There just seemed to be so many webs that it was pulling on...I was expecting there to be more of a finale that lasted a few episodes, kindof like the end of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, if anyone remembers that, how the ending was two hours, but it was built up to over the last six or seven episodes. That's what Monk needed...a gradual solution, maybe with the tape, maybe not, definitely with the big man involved.

It was definitely a bit too convenient given the glimpses we've seen over the years. There was the really big guy that's in prison in bed that Trudy had been investigating, and the "six-fingered man." There just seemed to be so many webs that it was pulling on...I was expecting there to be more of a finale that lasted a few episodes, kindof like the end of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, if anyone remembers that, how the ending was two hours, but it was built up to over the last six or seven episodes. That's what Monk needed...a gradual solution, maybe with the tape, maybe not, definitely with the big man involved.

Dale (the Whale) Biederbeck was an awesome character, and he should have been brought back for the finale. adam arkin and tim curry both played the character much better though than the guy his third appearance. i expected to see him in the end, so that disappointed me a little bit. :(

Back