Custom Fireflys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I didn't want to hijack onethousandmasks' V2 Thread for his Firefly, so I started this one. I figure everyone can use this one to show their custom Fireflys and share info on where to get parts, what parts to use, etc. etc.

I got the HT British Tank Commander and the America's Finest SWAT Urban Camo set today. So I used the two to start putting together my Firefly. I had the boots and knee pads left over from HT Jack Krauser and I think those turned out really well. Pretty much everything else came from the HTBTC or the AFSUC set. I got the rope at a craft store. For some reason I thought he'd need it.

dsc01431r.jpg

dsc01432m.jpg

So the big question is what to use for his mask? I haven't had any luck finding a cloth one in 1:6 scale and I can't paint camo worth a darn so I'm a little stuck here.

Anyway, please fire away comments, complaints, or help. And feel free to post your own!

I didn't want to hijack onethousandmasks' V2 Thread for his Firefly, so I started this one. I figure everyone can use this one to show their custom Fireflys and share info on where to get parts, what parts to use, etc. etc.

I got the HT British Tank Commander and the America's Finest SWAT Urban Camo set today. So I used the two to start putting together my Firefly. I had the boots and knee pads left over from HT Jack Krauser and I think those turned out really well. Pretty much everything else came from the HTBTC or the AFSUC set. I got the rope at a craft store. For some reason I thought he'd need it.

dsc01431r.jpg

dsc01432m.jpg

So the big question is what to use for his mask? I haven't had any luck finding a cloth one in 1:6 scale and I can't paint camo worth a darn so I'm a little stuck here.

Anyway, please fire away comments, complaints, or help. And feel free to post your own!

I'd just pick up one of the green 1:6 cloth balaclavas and dye it gray. Then you can just leave it be or paint black splotches on it. Also, I'd pick up BR Joker's gun. The L85 doesn't really fit with Firefly.

From my perspective,

Were I using that camo I might throw it in a grey dye bath for a fewjust to knock out the white/lighter grey. Really make the camo his own.

Also could we see him him the Cobra Trooper head and neck?

Just got my urban camo set today as well. I'd try putting a grey wooly pully sweater underneath the shirt and another bandolier, otherwise looks great.

I'd just pick up one of the green 1:6 cloth balaclavas and dye it gray. Then you can just leave it be or paint black splotches on it. Also, I'd pick up BR Joker's gun. The L85 doesn't really fit with Firefly.

I'll look into the balaclava. But I do definately want a BR Joker gun. Maybe I'll be able to trade for one.

Looks good so far. Needs another bandolier going the other way.

He needs two actually. The one I have on him now is actually just the belt from the carded Camo set :lol

From my perspective,

Were I using that camo I might throw it in a grey dye bath for a fewjust to knock out the white/lighter grey. Really make the camo his own.

Also could we see him him the Cobra Trooper head and neck?

I might do that, but I'm afraid if I dye it wrong it will just end up dark grey and balck. There is no white on him actually, so it is just light grey, dark grey, and black right now. I can live with it, but I'll look into my options.

I'll try the Cobra Trooper head in just a minute.

Just got my urban camo set today as well. I'd try putting a grey wooly pully sweater underneath the shirt and another bandolier, otherwise looks great.

Again, another good call with the sweater. Right now he is very much a work in progess. He is just a bunch of parts thrown together right now and for that I think he looks great. But he defiinately needs more work done to him.

If you're squemish about dying it you're best best bet is to 1) get the dye hot (near boiling) and 2) wet the whole suit. This'll help the whole thing dye a more uniform color. Only leave in in for a few seconds, 30 max, then rinse and see you've got. You can always dye darker but it's real ????? going backwards.

Regardless, I hope I didn't come off too harsh. I think it looks worlds better than SSC's camo suit.

I may try that then.

Here is the requested Cobra Trooper head shot.

dsc01433z.jpg

Personally, I'd love to see someone photoshop the same camo pattern as his outfit on it. I suck or I'd try it.

Right now he is very much a work in progess. He is just a bunch of parts thrown together right now and for that I think he looks great. But he defiinately needs more work done to him.

That's how all great customs start. The hard part is knowing when to walk away and put a "DONE!" stamp on it. :lol

No kidding! I have "finished" figures on my shelf that I'll update from time to time. I think a good custom figure is never finished :lol

Actually, no. There's no more important time when building a custom than knowing when to walk away. I've had customs I overworked to the point of travesty and had to go back and start from scratch. I did that first with my Punisher and the last one, Gimli, was a perfect example of that too. :lol

Well I mean small updates. Not just adding just to add. For example, a better version of a weapon comes along, you swap out the old one for the new one. Or a better suit comes out so you replace the old one. The industry just keeps raising the bar on 1:6 items and older parts that might have been cutting edge a few years ago could be outdated already.

But I do know what you mean. I think it is quite easy to go overboard and ruin a figure. Thankfully I usually don't have that problem, but I could see myself getting carried away on Firefly.

Nice, you're almost there. I think you've gotten some good feedback from this thread. Keep it up.

Looks really great. I would just go with a sculpted balaclava head, like the Cobra Trooper. I can't imagine Firefly looking like that underneath the mask anyway...

Also need to ditch the assault rifle, it just looks too British...

The rope is a cool touch, but maybe you can paint it? It looks too much like something you'd use in a stable, not the field or for climbing/rappelling.

A quickie...

firefly.jpg

:rock

That looks fantastic! I think I will definately go with that head until Firefly's head becomes available.

And yeah, I will be switching his gone for something more Fireflyish. And I may look for some black rope. For some reason I have it in my head that he needs some rope for repeling or something :dunno

If you are looking for a sweater this Dragon one might work.

D1496-R50-2T.jpg

Back