Does your Sentinel light up?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darklord Dave

Super Freak
Reaction score
Got my exclusive Vs. today! It's awesome and huge! I can't seem to get the Sentinel's head to light though. It might be a connection or something. Anyone else have trouble getting just the head to light up? All the other lights seem to work.

Darklord Dave said:
Got my exclusive Vs. today! It's awesome and huge! I can't seem to get the Sentinel's head to light though. It might be a connection or something. Anyone else have trouble getting just the head to light up? All the other lights seem to work.

some reports of glue on the connection.....some peeps had the same prob and gave the arm connection a clean & it worked.

I know this is really really obvious and you've probably waited for more than 10 seconds to see if the eyes light up, but I played around with the one here in the office and the Sentinel eyes didn't light up at first - it took at least 10 seconds before they flickered, then went out - then 10 more seconds followed by more flickering. So they aren't meant to be on the entire time, just flickering every 10 secs...

But of course Customer Service will switch yours out Dave, since it sounds like it might have something wrong with the connection :duff

Yeh Dave sheesh, you would think that people would have learned the proper channels to go through to get your product replaced by now.....

Jesse :rolleyes:

I do remember from SDCC that the eyes faded in and out. I left it on for 10 min intervals hoping it would come on, but no luck.

I know you were kidding Jesse, I already have my RMA, but I thought if someone else had the same problem and was able to fix it, might save a trip.

On another forum someone was saved a return trip because he didn't know there was a switch to turn it on. Can't hurt to ask.

Got my diorama and it is big & awesome. Here are few points that might help for those with lighting problems:
- the power switch is under Cyclop
- the batteries will only work if you pull the two plastic divider hanging out from the battery slots
- if the Sentinel head doesn't work, test the head by plugging the ac adaptor directly into the head, if it lights up it is most likely the connection between Colossus and the Sentinel head is not fitted tightly

Hey guys, do the lights flicker like you would expect a short circuit to work? Does it look "real" or more like a Christmas tree "blink"? Do all the lights work independently or all at once? Pics (or QT/RP movie) would be awesome!

Hope that made sense? :google

I can't speak for the Sentinel head except for what I saw at SDCC, but the lights flicker like the head and arm were just ripped apart. The hand light fades in and out as do the Sentinel eyes (I assume). Cyclops' visor is steady. Not at all a steady blinking like a Xmas tree.

Raven said:
Hey guys, do the lights flicker like you would expect a short circuit to work? Does it look "real" or more like a Christmas tree "blink"? Do all the lights work independently or all at once? Pics (or QT/RP movie) would be awesome!

Hope that made sense? :google

Yea it makes sense, no its not like a Christmas tree blink at all. Raven do you have one coming? You will love it!

yes and no. Have one on preorder but I'm now torn between it and the Vader. Can't really afford both. They both seem to have turned out so well! :eek: Decisions, decisions...

I love the thing, and the lights are great. It's just that the sentinel head won't light up while in Peter's hand. I plugged the cable directly into it and the lights in the head work, it's just that there is a problem between the base and the head. I'll try cleaning the contacts and other tweaks. Took me a while to pull those plastic battery tabs.... "d'uh".

JAS

my sentinel head didn't light up at first, left it plugged in (but turned off) in the morning tried it again and it worked? who knows.......sideshow elves came and fixed it in the middle of the night

I hope I wasn't premature in sending it back. Although I did leave it plugged in for about 6 hours and kept testing it and trying to refit the head to Pieter and him to the base.

Thanks for the hints batman... The head doesn't light up on mine but does when connected directly from the adapter, so the connection is off. Huge and no tackiness with the lights. I will try the 6 hr overnight trick but do you pull the battery plastic divider off or leave it on? Or do you leave it plugged in with the plastic divider off? :google

kierbaudy said:
Thanks for the hints batman... The head doesn't light up on mine but does when connected directly from the adapter, so the connection is off. Huge and no tackiness with the lights. I will try the 6 hr overnight trick but do you pull the battery plastic divider off or leave it on? Or do you leave it plugged in with the plastic divider off? :google

The plastic strip/divider should be pulled off unless you don't plan to use the battery. I pulled it and also took the batteries out because I plan to use the ac-adapter only. The plastic strip is there to preserve the batteries.

As for the sentinel head not lighting up, I had the same problem initially. I refitted the sentinel head and make sure it is very snug. Wriggle it in slowly so it has a nice tight fit.

Good luck…

Thanks for the hints again Batman! Welcome to the board!

I left it plugged in and off overnight and I turned it on, took 10-15 min for the head to start lighting up, so it does work. Not sure what did the trick, probably just patience and leaving it there for a while. The eyes seem to blink on and off fairly rapidly and not every 10 min, but it is slow to light up...

Back