Johnny Depp as Pancho Villa? WTF!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kuzeh

Machete Don't Tweet!
CF Supporter
Reaction score
OK,
Johnny Depp is definitely one of my favorite actors, but... I really don't see him as Villa at all!!...
I think Alfred Molina would do a better job IMO...

Johnny Depp in Talks to Play Pancho Villa

Serbian director Emir Kusturica is in advanced negotiations for Johnny Depp to star as Mexican revolutionary hero Pancho Villa in his upcoming biopic titled Seven Friends of Pancho Villa and the Woman with Six Fingers , reports Variety . The script, written with Kusturica's regular collaborator Gordan Mihic, is complete, but filming is not set to start until 2011, due to Depp's prior commitments. Salma Hayek is also in advanced talks to co-star in the film, based on James Carlos Blake's biographical novel "The Friends of Pancho Villa." The Spanish-language biopic is to be shot partly in Mexico, where Villa -- an early 20th-century bandit who became a guerilla fighter and a hero to the poor -- is an iconic historical figure. Depp will act in Spanish, Kusturica said.

He is playing Tonto in the Lone Ranger (even though he isn't Native American) and the Mad Hatter in Alice in Wonderland (even though he is not a hatter). The man has range. I'm okay with it.

He is playing Tonto in the Lone Ranger (even though he isn't Native American) and the Mad Hatter in Alice in Wonderland (even though he is not a hatter). The man has range. I'm okay with it.

Yes, but he has worn a hat.

I'm okay with it too. I like seeing Depp in whatever he does.

He can play anything. And I thought he had native american in him somewhere down the line. I thought I read that.

Anyway, he's very talented and I enjoy most everything he's done.

Where the hell is Dark Shadows in all of this? That's the only Depp role I care about at the moment, and he keeps taking on project after project while Burton's too busy to shoot the film.

I really don't care about any of his other roles at this point.

Depp really could say he was playing Nelson Mandela or Genghis Khan and I would give him the benefit of the doubt. That man has some mad skills.

And I thought he had native american in him somewhere down the line. I thought I read that.

No, it turned out they were just friends.

Depp really could say he was playing Nelson Mandela or Genghis Khan and I would give him the benefit of the doubt. That man has some mad skills.

Me too, while not my favorite actor he is definitely up there.

Depp is also a chameleon, like Brad Pitt and Gary Oldman, he can play pretty much any role and pull it off.

Brad Pitt can't play any role and pull it off though. Depp could make this work with a tan and some nose makeup and some added weight.

edit: Just to clarify I think Brad Pitt is a good actor. But imo he's only good in roles where he can be normal and speak normal like se7en, oceans, button, or roles where he's effin bonkers like 12 monkeys, snatch. Give him a role with an accent like 7 years in Tibet or a manly role with lines that need to carry weight like Troy and he's horrible. Just sayin'.

Last edited:

Oh I agree... as I said, he's an amazing actor and a favorite of mine, but I just find this particular role a bit extreme... specially since he'll be speaking spanish... and considering he couldn't even pronounce "Isla de Muerta (wth?)" in POTC... well... let's wait and see!! :D

No, it turned out they were just friends.

shame_on_you.jpg

Brad Pitt can't play any role and pull it off though. Depp could make this work with a tan and some nose makeup and some added weight.

edit: Just to clarify I think Brad Pitt is a good actor. But imo he's only good in roles where he can be normal and speak normal like se7en, oceans, button, or roles where he's effin bonkers like 12 monkeys, snatch. Give him a role with an accent like 7 years in Tibet or a manly role with lines that need to carry weight like Troy and he's horrible. Just sayin'.

Agreed 100% and I like Pitt too.

Back