Re: 1/6 Vader and his Helmet

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vonhahn

Super Freak
Reaction score

From today's Ask Sideshow...

Q :How much “input” did Lucasfilm have on Sideshow’s 12-inch Darth Vader? It seems for a lot of people that the helmet is a bit too narrow - or too small for this version. (Were the reference material actual movie stills or promotional material?) Also, how confident can we be that a future “Empire Strikes Back” version will show as much a striking difference from the first release as there were in the films?

A: We notice a growing trend of blame on Lucasfilm for any detail that isn’t well received by the collector community. For the record, our friends at Lucasfilm are fantastic, and some of the most knowledgeable licensing representatives that we’ve had the pleasure of working with. No other licensor maintains as extensive a reference library as Lucasfilm, nor of any competitive quality. Don’t be too hasty to lay blame on licensors. At the end of the day, our design team uses the reference and tools that they provide to make product, to make decisions, and to do their very best in terms of quality, accuracy, and efficiency.

You can rest assured that our creative and production staff members do read the comments and criticisms, always with an eye for righting any wrongs and satisfying the majority at the next opportunity. We’ll gladly accept constructive criticisms and take our lumps, and if you look at the history of our product line, you’ll see that each exercise helps us to learn and grow and produce visibly better results. Manufacturing is not magic, and there are elements of the process that are beyond complete control, but our trend is ever-increasing ambition and matching quality.

When we do bring a new Darth Vader figure to market, you can be certain that the helmet will be heavily scrutinized by all involved.

I think this is a great response! Way to go Sideshow!

If only they would be as receptive to our criticisms of Firefly.:rolleyes:

From today's Ask Sideshow...

Q :How much “input” did Lucasfilm have on Sideshow’s 12-inch Darth Vader? It seems for a lot of people that the helmet is a bit too narrow - or too small for this version. (Were the reference material actual movie stills or promotional material?) Also, how confident can we be that a future “Empire Strikes Back” version will show as much a striking difference from the first release as there were in the films?

A: We notice a growing trend of blame on Lucasfilm for any detail that isn’t well received by the collector community. For the record, our friends at Lucasfilm are fantastic, and some of the most knowledgeable licensing representatives that we’ve had the pleasure of working with. No other licensor maintains as extensive a reference library as Lucasfilm, nor of any competitive quality. Don’t be too hasty to lay blame on licensors. At the end of the day, our design team uses the reference and tools that they provide to make product, to make decisions, and to do their very best in terms of quality, accuracy, and efficiency.

You can rest assured that our creative and production staff members do read the comments and criticisms, always with an eye for righting any wrongs and satisfying the majority at the next opportunity. We’ll gladly accept constructive criticisms and take our lumps, and if you look at the history of our product line, you’ll see that each exercise helps us to learn and grow and produce visibly better results. Manufacturing is not magic, and there are elements of the process that are beyond complete control, but our trend is ever-increasing ambition and matching quality.

When we do bring a new Darth Vader figure to market, you can be certain that the helmet will be heavily scrutinized by all involved.

I think this is a great response! Way to go Sideshow!

It's a great response, but it still doesn't answer the question. I think they'd do a good job in politics. :lol

They are already in politics, didn't you know Sideshow is ruling the world from shadows...:horror

You'd better sleep with one eye glaring at all those 12" collectibles...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/uq0RgnpkZQo&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/uq0RgnpkZQo&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>​

You'd better sleep with one eye glaring at all those 12" collectibles...

Not necessarily, I have just a few SS 12" figures, and I'm sure my other ones will take care of them :D But take in consideration others who have hundreds of SS figs

During ComicCon I asked about this to a SS rep, and he said it was the material shrink more than expected during production...

fmkmzs.jpg

From Sideshow, ...'We’ll gladly accept constructive criticisms....'

That to me is as close as we'll get, and I find it to be a gracious way to answer....better that than, 'yes, the dome sucks'

I think that's about as much of an admission as you can expect. If they flat out admitted poor production, every seller with Vader still in stock would be like, "Hey, thanks for the help. Can I cut down my shipment for the next one?"

I think that's about as much of an admission as you can expect. If they flat out admitted poor production, every seller with Vader still in stock would be like, "Hey, thanks for the help. Can I cut down my shipment for the next one?"

Don't they have a return/exchange program for retailers? I thought I remembered reading somewhere that sometimes they use retailer returns to fulfill waitlist orders.

Back