Netflix movie tips

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THX-182

Super Freak
Reaction score
My Netflix queue is starting to get smaller and I would like some film suggestions from some of the movie buffs here. So I'm asking folks to post some must see movies or some of your favorites that I should check out. I'm looking to see some gems that I may have never seen.

I like action, adventure, comedy, horror, sci fi, drama, and stuff like that. Please no musicals or girl romance type films. Not really into those. Thanks for any suggestions!

Last edited:
Well, perusing my own netflix movie rental history there are a few that stuck out as ones I REALLY liked!

The Chumscrubber
Downfall (2004)
The Devils Backbone
Secretary (2002)
May (2003)
Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance
Oldboy
Lady Vengeance
Fido
The Assassination of Jesse James
Let the Right One In

I will look into those. Thanks. Keep em coming. Don't be afraid to list some popular new or old flicks either. I may not have seen them. Like I just recently saw Blade Runner for the first time. If you love the flick, list it here. Top ten or twenty lists are welcome and encouraged.

My next few movies currently on my queue that I have never seen are Fast Times at Ridgemont High, The Silence of the Lambs, One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest, The Lost Boys, Highlander, and The Karate Kid.

That gives you an idea about how many well talked about films I have missed. I need educating.

My next few movies currently on my queue that I have never seen are Fast Times at Ridgemont High, The Silence of the Lambs, One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest, The Lost Boys, Highlander, and The Karate Kid..

Watch these and then comment about how your world has been rocked. Also, if you have Blu Ray I recommend getting the recently released version of Heat.

Real Genius is another one you should add to that list....Great movie!!

If you are ok with something that doesn't have great picture quality, one that I JUST saw is Judgment at Nuremberg. Absolutely brilliant film about the Nuremberg trials after WW2.

So I added some to my queue. Anyone have any others to add? I know I see people raving about movies all the time. I know there has to be more suggestions.

my wife and I watch a lot of TV shows from Netflix.

A few shows that are outside my normal manly man scope, but I cannot recommend enough are Wonderfalls, Ugly Betty, and Joan of Arcadia. You will not regret watching those.

Terror Firmer
Tromeo and Juliet
Poultrygeist
The Toxic Avenger (parts 1-4)

edit: Suckered by the necrobump. *shakes fist at Ween*

Anything by David Cronenberg (particularly A History of Violence), the Coen Brothers (my personal favorite being Miller's Crossing), Sergio Leone (I like Once Upon A Time in the West best, but many prefer the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly), or Alfred Hitchcock (hard to pick a favorite there, though I really dig North by Northwest). Alien, Aliens, the Thing, Escape from New York, Die Hard, and Predator are all great geek-favorites from the recent past.

Great, recent TV shows you can check out are Deadwood, the Wire, the Sopranos, Mad Men, Arrested Development, and Breaking Bad.

Cowboy Bebop series (don't get the movie)
Movie's not that bad, IMO.

Back