ipod vs other mp3 players?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ProgMatinee

circlesendwheretheybegin
Reaction score
So my wife wants a music player. she didn't specify "ipod" so I have some freedom to get her a cheaper version if I wish. I was thinking about an ipod nano for her. she isn't an audiophile by any means. so the question is, are other brands just as good? Sony makes a walkman very similar to the nano for like half the price. is the ipod worth the extra money?

thanks

I've messed with several MP3 players and none are better and easier to use than an ipod.

How much are you looking to spend? Nano would be fine, pick her favorite color.

I love my iphone for music, I'm currently tweaking the my music to get just the songs I like (as opposed to dropping entire albums on it). However, I don't like the that iphone won't let you delete songs from the iphone itself, it has to be during the sync operation through itunes. Lame. Unless I'm missing something.

Last edited:
The iPod Nano is good. But currently, if I were to get a new MP3 player I'd get the Zune HD, it's really is much nicer than the regular iPods (even the Touch) it's also got a radio and FM transmitter built-in.

Only thing is, you might not need all those features in a music player, and the only reason I'm not getting one is because pretty soon I'm getting a new phone and that will replace my iPod so there's no point.

Ipod>the rest

Apple makes a quality product and Ipods have been around for a while and I believe are built to last. I plan on picking up another one during the holidays.

thanks for the help so far. i guess i was hoping to hear "yeah that $75 8GB Walkman isn't too far below the $150 iPod Nano."

oh yeah, any tips on buying an ipod? is it a must to get the newest version?

thanks for the help so far. i guess i was hoping to hear "yeah that $75 8GB Walkman isn't too far below the $150 iPod Nano."

It's harder to find the older ones without getting used on Ebay, Apple might have an iPod deal for Black Friday so maybe get it on discount.

i have differnt kind of mp3 players..now i am using iphone as an ipod...it's far better than the others..take her an ipod nano man!!the sound of ipods is incredible!!

DO NOT GET AN IPOD/NANO!....they're the worst! I went through roughly 7(or 8?) of them in a span of four years beginning '05!:banghead.....stick with Sony. I'm currently using my PSP as my main MP3 player. Will definitely switch with GO next year!:rock

I don't care for the newest Nano as much as I like the one that came right before it.

Here's mine with the girlie case I got on eBay. The flowers are handpainted and textured:

View attachment 20868

DO NOT GET AN IPOD/NANO!....they're the worst! I went through roughly 7(or 8?) of them in a span of four years beginning '05!:banghead.....stick with Sony. I'm currently using my PSP as my main MP3 player. Will definitely switch with GO next year!:rock

Maybe you're just too rough on little things. :D

Ur so gay weenie!:monkey5:monkey5:monkey5

Yes I am! I'm such a girlie man! ;)

girlie-man_sp.jpg

:lolThose things don't last very long, I'm telling you...But yeah, I'm a bit rough on them. I run and bike so they tend to go flying. My psp is no exception. It's banged up as hell but surprisingly, it lasted longer than all of them!

I agree Ween. Jinxx should go easy on the vibrate feature. :monkey3

thats a good price. looks like its cause its 4th gen and not 5th? the 5th gen has a camera and fm.

Back