My lando review...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
Billy Dee Williams did a lot more than sell Colt .45 - he played Lando Calrissian, smooth operator of Cloud City. Sideshow's latest Star Wars release is their sixth scale version of this original trilogy character. He's got a great head sculpt...too bad it's 20% too big.

You can find the review at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading, and have a terrific weekend!

Michael
MWC

Seems like Lando got harsher treatment than German Indy did here, yet I feel Lando is far superior to that figure. I think you should swap the ratings. :)

To be fair Michael did not write the review on Indy... just took the pictures. So he may have rated it lower.

But, I still have to disagree... even in the shots the head doesn't seem to big and I only had the figure for a bit (had to return him) but the head did not stick out to me as odd.

And kind of suprised that the belt could bring the outfit down so low; **1/2 just seems low for an all around great outfit and such a good sculpt.

this is the best human SW figure i've gotten in ages. i seriously can't stop looking at him. i can't remember the last time that happened. german indy looks freakin' ridiculous. you better double check your figures.

I couldn't have disagreed more Michael. But it was a fun read as usual...and it's Lando not lando.

I'm afraid I have to agree as well. I think Lando looks fantastic and his head is great! Also, I'm confused why you lower your score on the packaging, when in your Luke Jedi review you say of the packaging (and I doth quote) "If the entire run follows this pattern, I'll be one very happy camper."

Someone needs his glass half filled.....:banana

BUT, it's your website and your opinion. Maybe I'll go make my own and in the mean time...I'll keep reading. Thanks for the great site.

I'm afraid I have to agree as well. I think Lando looks fantastic and his head is great! Also, I'm confused why you lower your score on the packaging, when in your Luke Jedi review you say of the packaging (and I doth quote) "If the entire run follows this pattern, I'll be one very happy camper."

Someone needs his glass half filled.....:banana

BUT, it's your website and your opinion. Maybe I'll go make my own and in the mean time...I'll keep reading. Thanks for the great site.

GOOD EYE!!!:D

Dont agree with this review much at all. I think the figure is much better than given credit for.

2zri2ih.jpg

Awful lot of excuses in this thread :D

As to packaging - let me say that I'd think my explanation in the review would have made it clear. Jedi Luke was several years ago. Quality moves on. It's not like the package scored poorly, but you have to compare it against the current work of the competition. If this is four star packaging, then the work that Hot Toys and Enterbay is doing is off the charts.

As to the head - it's too big. I'm tired of this issue. It's not the first time, or the second time, or the third time - it's been a recurring issue for years. Hot Toys doesn't have this problem, Medicom doesn't have this problem, Enterbay doesn't have this problem, even AmokTime doesn't seem to have the problem. Sideshow should not, and there's no longer any excuse for it. The more attentive of the group realize I didn't write the last Indy review (and I won't be doing Dr. Jones either - Guy will be covering him, but I'll be shooting him), but if I had, he would have taken a major hit for the same issue. It's even worse on Indy, sadly.

What I think is the problem is that these heads were sculpted for a larger body... but for some unexplained reason the intial release of the pro is shorter than what Sideshow had done in the past.

That is not to say headsize hasn't been an issue on the buck as well, but it seems more problematic on the Pro. I'm hoping this is just a bit of a transitional problem and will be corrected.

But I still didn't see a problem with Lando's head.

I dunno. I've seen this figure and thought it was one of Sideshow's better offerings in the 1/6 line. Don't know if I agree with the 3 star rating, but it is...what it is.

I'll make a confession: when I saw Lando I didnt think the head was too big. (not saying it isnt)

Guess I am super used to seeing em I dont seem em anymore...! Argh!!!!!!

Back